Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? (4574 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / The Second Coming: A Failed Prophecy??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 3:56pm On Mar 14, 2013
Many at times when i ask people are they prepared for the second coming of Jesus Christ, they always give me this weird look as if such questions should never have be asked. Then i begin to wonder if something is wrong with the
question, when Jesus was leaving the earth He said occupy till
I come and also watch for you know not when the master shall come.
The way men live their lives today is obvious that many are not occupying neither watching, so my question is how can one prepare for the second coming of Jesus?

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:01pm On Mar 14, 2013
I 'll go first, i think the best way we can prepare for the
second coming of Jesus and occupy till He comes is to live daily for Him.
we live daily for Him and in developing a relationship with Him by spending
time daily in his presnece, we spend time in His presence to read the bible
and pray. As we do this constantly we grow and become more like him daily.
We become Heavenly conscious daily and our motives and lifestyle will be to
please Him all through our lives.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Oloriode: 4:09pm On Mar 14, 2013
Accept the Lord Jesus christ and repent of ur sins.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2013
[quote
author=Oloriode]Accept the Lord Jesus christ and repent of ur
sins.[/quote]
Yes very important, bt interestingly we dont go 2 Heaven immediately
when we do, we still have 2 live on earth which is why we have 2 live
daily 4 Him.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Zooposki(f): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2013
There is no need to prepare. He is not coming back. He died a long time ago just like mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Zooposki: There is no need to prepare. He is not coming back. He died a long time ago just like mohammed.

Even ur quoran says so dat He is coming back, just ask ur scholars. D bible clearly says He's coming back 4 judgment, so pls b prepared.
He who is just let him b just still, he who is filty let him b filty still, he who is righteous let him b righteous still, he who is holy let him b holy still. And behold i'm coming quickly n my reward is with me 2 give 2 every1 according 2 his works.
Revelation 22:11-12.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
undecided
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
@pastor orlu. Do u sincerely bliv dt oneday d world will end @ the second coming of jesus? and dt every1 on earth will b judged by jesus?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by EKONGKING: 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
Zooposki: There is no need to prepare. He is not coming back. He died a long time ago just like mohammed.
Affirmative that is if jesus exits in the first place grin grin
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
EKONGKING:
Affirmative that is if jesus exits in the first place grin grin

Jesus is coming back, so says d bible n i believe it, my question 2 u is what do u believe n not just what u think?
Now if @ d end of d day u find out dat all dis is true, what would u say 4 u 'll b lost 4ever?
If @ d end of d day i found out dat its not true, i would say i had a nice time getting there, bt is in fact true my bro.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
[quote
author=meka chuko]@pastor orlu. Do u sincerely bliv dt oneday d world
will end @ the second coming of jesus? and dt every1 on earth will b
judged by jesus?[/quote]

I sincerely believe that n can die for it, what would u do if @ d end of d day all this is true?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2013
An advice to you Pastor Olu T. If you want to be taken seriously in this section, stop abbreviating. As simple as it may look, it affects how people respond to your threads.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 2:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
Reyginus: An advice to you Pastor Olu T. If you want to be taken seriously in this section, stop abbreviating. As simple as it may look, it affects how people respond to your threads.

Thank you, noted. But sometimes i use my phone which is the reason, but i will be more sensitive even while using it.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by BrightDeGea(m): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
Those of u saying he's nt coming and he doesn't exist Ur own is finished the day when Jesus come and u ar still dwelling in sin
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
Bright De Gea: Those of u saying he's nt coming and he doesn't exist Ur own is finished the day when Jesus come and u ar still dwelling in sin

But some are sincerely wrong which is the more reason we need to talk to them and also remember them in prayers.

My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you.

Galatians 4:19

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
Bright De Gea: Those of u saying he's nt coming and he doesn't exist Ur own is finished the day when Jesus come and u ar still dwelling in sin

Genesis 24

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. {cut...: or, cut him off}
[/color]
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2013

John 14
1 ¶ Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 ¶ And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
There is another fellowship in Heaven!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T: There is another fellowship in Heaven!

Why are xtian not commenting?

Need to hear your view and your experiences if had encountered people who think otherwise?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 5:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
The bible said that Jesus is gonna come like a theif in the night. When a thief plans to rob you he doesn't tell you does he? Cos he knows if he did, you'ld be prepared 4 him for him isn't it? So the best time for him to get you is when your defences are weak, when you do not anticipate his coming. The same way the lord catchs us unawares, he does that because he wants to take those who truly love him with him. He knows that if he announces that time of his coming you would give your life to him a before the deal day out of fear. Now thats what he's avoiding, he's looking for those who love and worship him in truth and spirit not in fear. But we should be glad about something, he gave us signs to show that the end is coming near!
Allow me to derial the thread a bit do you believe in the baptism of the holy ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues?

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
Allow me to derial the thread a bit do you believe in the baptism of the holy ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues?[/quote]

Yes of course, would you like us to discuss it. If yes i or you should open a thread concerning it and let us and others look at it undecided
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2013
Good luck to anyone who thinks Jesus will come back. You are waiting in vain!
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
ifeness: Good luck to anyone who thinks Jesus will come back. You are waiting in vain!

And what are you waiting for if i may ask please? undecided
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Areaboy2(m): 10:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
As Bart Ehrman will always say. Jesus was an Apocalypticist..

SO nothing new. He wasn't the first and certainly not the last. No one is coming again we are here on our own and for the long run. The earlier people get that into their thick skulls, the better for everyone on our little planet.
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:34pm On Apr 16, 2013
Area_boy: As Bart Ehrman will always say. Jesus was an Apocalypticist..

SO nothing new. He wasn't the first and certainly not the last. No one is coming again we are here on our own and for the long run. The earlier people get that into their thick skulls, the better for everyone on our little planet.

I am beginning to think there are more atheist in Nigeria coming to NL?
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Areaboy2(m): 10:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
look at the date i registered mate..

Before Abraham, I was undecided
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I am beginning to think there are more atheist in Nigeria coming to NL?

Where are the christians in NL for crying out loud? undecided kiss
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Areaboy2(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
lol!! they are scared of sound logic and pure good ol debunk juice grin grin
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by PastorOluT(m): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2013
Area_boy: lol!! they are scared of sound logic and pure good ol debunk juice grin grin

Dont want to believe they are scared undecided
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by omobadan(m): 1:20am On Apr 17, 2013
There isn't any Second or Third coming of any guy. Once you're dead you're dead. All these preparation for non existing afterlife is a waste of time. Chop amala and gbegiri and wash am with big stout. Forget about the Second coming my friend. Enjoy your life and do good. Chikena! wink
Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by ednut1(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2013
second comin my foot, whre is he gona cum isreal rome nigeria, or he will be flyin in d air, i trust china nd usa to kill him again, dat if we even believe hes d one cos dat fake picture circulatin, afta he is killed again xtain will say he com to re die 4 our sins cheesy, xtain r runnin 4rm NL religion cos they r no match, even within xtains der is confusionm enamating from the greatest book of confusion, bible

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need to Prepare For The Second Coming Of Jesus? by Yooguyz: 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
@ pastor olu T i wanna open a thread on the holy spirit you open a thread on envangelism. We'd just make sure we make inputs on it everyday so it sticks instead of duplicating threads
i'll also ensure that athiests do not derial the thread or post insulting comments. Are we together on this?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fiction Called Doctufos By Otemanuduno / 5 Thought-provoking Questions About God / This Church Banner Is Strange

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.