Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose (8697 Views)

Is Another Plagiarist On The Loose? / Another Plagiarist: Ezekiel Sugar Adewale / Plagiarist On The Loose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by tpia5: 1:56am On Mar 16, 2013
@ the ones talking of school- in nigeria or where?

dem get internet talkless browse am?

anyway, just in case all of you arent play-acting, free the guy, he said he's been crying since.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by MaziOmenuko: 7:28am On Mar 16, 2013
tpia@:

i thought most of the stories here were mostly sex related, havent read any of them plus these ones quoted here.

the omenuko guy even has sex threads on his signature.

Like seriously? You thought works @literature section are all x-rated? That's so dumb! This section comprises many writers with different writing styles, if the only stories you've seen so far were x-rated, then you've been searching for x-rated stories, just like you can't move your eyes off my signaturegrin

Don't mind me, I'm just the bad egg.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2013
tpia@:
@ the ones talking of school- in nigeria or where?

dem get internet talkless browse am?

anyway, just in case all of you arent play-acting, free the guy, he said he's been crying since.
what are you saying? undecided
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: what are you saying? undecided
as in eh...I've been reading his posts here since but I always end up more confused.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Mynd44: 9:02am On Mar 16, 2013
brokoto: as in eh...I've been reading his posts here since but I always end up more confused.
Her Posts!!!!
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Rapmaestro(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2013
Wad up pple? How u doing? How's my oga at the top faring in cell
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:31am On Mar 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Her Posts!!!!
exactly
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mynd_44:
Her Posts!!!!
hokay! grin. Still confused though.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Oahray: 12:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
frank3.16:
just conversd with him on face book, he sounded like an innocent plagiarist below is a quote from him

"i avent printed any copy.nd y should i print somebody's story,why cant you be gentle for once,if it means to b published,ask urself dis question,u ave not yet published dis story,yet u posted it on nairaland,nairaland got thousand of members,do u knw if there are till bad guys there who might ave copied ur own story too,or ave a copy and make money wit it?perhaps wat does it really meant to share a story to bring smile on peoples faces,i didnt even see copywrite there,jux d end,dat all,is that how they do it.i didnt create dis page jux to copy nd paste,coz i ave passion for writing,nd i m till workin on it.if you think i m a bad guy,so be it.i ave deleted all your stories nd keep on informing young authors in nairaland that i copy their story and put on my wall,finally,i ave not printed any stories that dont fully belong to mine.so go ahead with your works,more grease to your elbows"

this is in his defence to my accusation that perhaps he had printed my work. i think what everyone whose book was copied shuld do is to ensure that his/her storyb it taken out soonest
Whaaaaaaat! He said this? shocked angry
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Oahray: 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
I fear for our collabo work...

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by LarrySun(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Oahray: I fear for our collabo work...
Likewise.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by ujchief(m): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: There are some issues the 'ogas on top' needs to address.

Is our work here at the literature section protected by copyright laws? I always see an 'all rights reserved' at the bottom of nairaland page so I assumed both nairaland and its contents are protected by some kind of law.

If this is not so, we need a response from seun to know the way forward.

Seun has an ugly habit of ignoring stuffs like this, hoping it will die down and things returns to normal with time.

The story of unical sacking 10 of its lecturers due to plagiarism hit front page this morning https://www.nairaland.com/1227071/unical-sacks-4-lecturers-demotes
While his writers here at nairaland are demanding for explanations to his copyright rules and crying fowl of the same plagiarism yet he turns a blind eye and a deaf ear!

He needs to respond to this and clarify issues; else, I suggest that you all, as writers of nairaland section start another thread, informing all nairalanders that henceforth, you guys are on an indefinite strike and no more uploads and stories until seun responds.

He should learn to lend a listening ear when need be.

Even the mod is yet to address the question of copyright and content protection!

EMBARK ON AN INDEFINITE STRIKE NOW!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Cuddlemii: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
ujchief:

Seun has an ugly habit of ignoring stuffs like this, hoping it will die down and things returns to normal with time.

The story of unical sacking 10 of its lecturers due to plagiarism hit front page this morning https://www.nairaland.com/1227071/unical-sacks-4-lecturers-demotes
While his writers here at nairaland are demanding for explanations to his copyright rules and crying fowl of the same plagiarism yet he turns a blind eye and a deaf ear!

He needs to respond to this and clarify issues; else, I suggest that you all, as writers of nairaland section start another thread, informing all nairalanders that henceforth, you guys are on an indefinite strike and no more uploads and stories until seun responds.

Even the mod is yet to address the question of copyright and content protection!

This is a process.
For the issue of copyright and content protection to be addressed, proper research and measures have to be in place
We can decide to type and write from morning till night without proffering a solution. But I am a practical person (i.e. solutions and action)
Once this has been settled, then we will table our solution to the writers

As per the frontpage, what difference would it make?
Where did the plagiarist claim to have gotten the stories from?
Are we trying to educate people that stories can be stolen on here? Do we need more offenders?
What is the usefulness of the FrontPage in this matter? Would it solve the problem at hand?
Would it arrest plagiarists?
Sometimes I wonder what the fuss about the FrontPage is?
Advocating for FrontPage shows misplaced priority and irresponsibility(no offence).
A long lasting solution and security is the main concern.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Lyzbet: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
ujchief:

I support this, but I'm not sure if it would change anything. This situation has been on for about 3 days now and Mr Seun hasn't done anything about it, neither has the topic made frontpage.
I think Mr Seun is proud and confident that NL would do well without the Literature and Writing Section, thats why he has chosen to ignore this issue. #Just thinking, might not be true and he may actually be working on something#
I seriously hope he is.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Ishilove: 3:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
ujchief:

*foul*.

You have made some very important points.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Cuddlemii: 3:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
I will ask Seun to address the matter. The question of Copyright and Content protection wasn't directed at me.

He will be in a better position to address this. He knows the laws and constitution concerning this on Nairaland more than I do.

Thanks.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by tpia5: 3:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Like seriously? You thought works @literature section are all x-rated? That's so dumb! This section comprises many writers with different writing styles, if the only stories you've seen so far were x-rated, then you've been searching for x-rated stories, just like you can't move your eyes off my signaturegrin

Don't mind me, I'm just the bad egg.

i've been in literature section for a while, i'm not new here.

yes, i noticed there's quite a lot of x rated material these days, if its not in sexuality section then i'm not always interested in reading it elsewhere.

it gets tiresome when sex is everywhere 24/7.

if you insist the stuff is not x rated, are you saying if i look up some of these stories (ignoring your signature), i wont find anything relating to sex?

anyway, i know some of you post tongue in cheek.

una dey find traffic.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by ujchief(m): 3:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Cuddlemii:
Sometimes I wonder what the fuss about the FrontPage is?
Advocating for FrontPage shows misplaced priority and irresponsibility(no offence).

You think?
I've seen stories of people getting duped here on nairaland by either a fellow nairalander or someone else. Such stories are taken to frontpage immediately; and seun himself once stated in one of such threads that he does it to inform people that nairaland doesn't condone scamming, also, to discourage potential scammers.

Why won't this plagiarism story be taking to frontpage to educate potential plagiarist that nairaland doesn't condone plagiarism, and by so doing, scare away potential plagiarists??

Frontpage isn't the only thing I was advocating for, your writers wants to know the extent your privacy policy covers there works? If someone copies my work here on nl and I sue him, his defence attorney is going to ask me if my work was originally protected where it was.
This is what seun has refused to answer, thereby, creating a huge doubt on the mind of nairaland writers.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by tpia5: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
as per copyright matters @ topic

you dont want to spend money but you want to post freely and expect to trademark your effort?

I doubt that that's how it works, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

we are all learning here.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by tpia5: 3:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
ujchief:
You think?
I've seen stories of people getting duped here on nairaland by either a fellow nairalander or someone else. Such stories are taken to frontpage immediately; and seun himself once stated in one of such threads that he does it to inform people that nairaland doesn't condone scamming, also, to discourage potential scammers.

Why won't this plagiarism story be taking to frontpage to educate potential plagiarist that nairaland doesn't condone plagiarism, and by so doing, scare away potential plagiarists??

Frontpage isn't the only thing I was advocating for, your writers wants to know the extent your privacy policy covers there works? If someone copies my work here on nl and I sue him, his defence attorney is going to ask me if my work was originally protected where it was.
This is what seun has refused to answer, thereby, creating a huge doubt on the mind of nairaland writers.

a disclaimer can be placed in the section or somewhere, and also anyone wanting to use the material therein should acknowledge the source if they're quoting verbatim.

asking the site admin to ban copy and paste might also be an option, dunno.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by LarrySun(m): 3:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Seun, please say something. Are writers safe on Nairaland? I know you're currently viewing this thread.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by ujchief(m): 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
tpia@:
as per copyright matters @ topic

you dont want to spend money but you want to post freely and expect to trademark your effort? .

And you, my lady, is becoming a great nuisance! You are neither a writer in this section, a mod, admin or a positive contributor! This is not Nairaland general chat section so you can fvck off!

Unless, of course, you are a plagiarist!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Cuddlemii: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
ujchief:
You think?

Just to let you know that using multiple ids on the same thread is a capital offence. Except it's authorized by the admins or your previous handle was banned and you had to create another one. It can be detected and if one is caught, the handles would be banned. Just an advise.

As per your question, I will answer you shortly.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
U said u we're crying, yet, u still av one of bukkydan's story on ur fb page, lara's faith is still there.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Rapmaestro(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
Viewing this topic Seun(m)
Oga Seun, please brief us on what's next na... This issue is an eye opener to many things.
...Just imagine, how many of our works has been copied, pasted or printed before this....? Everytime, I visit Nairaland, and I scroll down, I always come across Copyright and something, followed by Oluwaseun Osewa, Is it that, that was a hoax?
...About the frontpage stuff, I'm not a mod, so I don't know how its done.. My question: Is It Mr Seun that approves frontpage stuff or the Mod just put anything there.. {Mynd, we need to talk, why haven't Rap Battles made front page, Screened, neat and non-offensive ones?}
>
As for me, I'm still on strike till these are rectified..
>
Shoutout to my oga at the top
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Tapia I am starting to form a scowl when I read your posts

I don't like the way your acting!

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by ujchief(m): 3:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Just to let you know that using multiple ids on the same thread is a capital offence. Except it's authorized by the admins or your previous handle was banned and you had to create another one. It can be detected and if one is caught, the handles would be banned. Just an advise.

As per your question, I will answer you shortly.

Keep quoting irrelevant rules and ignore the core issue. You should try and know copyright rules the way you know nl rules.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Literature Section Popularity Ranking / Wretched But Saved / Book Summary - The Instant Millionaire By Mark Fisher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.