Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:39 PM

Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose (8677 Views)

Is Another Plagiarist On The Loose? / Another Plagiarist: Ezekiel Sugar Adewale / Plagiarist On The Loose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by tpia5: 12:46am On Mar 17, 2013
did someone say unparalleled?

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Seun(m): 12:54am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by blinkinzed: 1:26am On Mar 17, 2013
Teacher"they said to Jesus"this
woman was caught in the act
of adultry.the law of moses
says to stone her.what do u
say?Jesus stoop down and
wrote in the dust with his
finger.alright but let the one
who has never sinned throw
the first stone,all left.woman
go and sin no more"JESUS
said.We love because he first
loved us.
If anyone says, “I love God,”
and
hates his brother, he is a liar;
for
he who does not love his
brother
whom he has seen cannot
love
God whom he has not seen.
And
this commandment we have
from him: whoever loves God
must also love his brother.
Everyone who believes that
Jesus
is the Christ has been born of
God, and everyone who loves
the
Father loves whoever has
been
born of him. By this we know
that we love the children of
God,
when we love God and obey
his
commandments.OLD THINGS
ARE PASS AWAY AND ALL
THINGS SHALL BECOME
NEW.nairalanders my father
never taught me these
things,to copy and paste,in my
full life,i didnt even know what
plagiarist means,i acted out of
ignorance,i have gone
through pains with heavy
ladens,in my full life i never
knew what i did was very
wrong and bad,i made a big
mistake,i never still knew they
were the sole owners of these
stories,my garment are
stained waiting to be washed
away,though i am young till in
2nd year in school,i have
learnt my mistake,i have
tendered my apologies to both
my fans and nairalanders,i still
beg you for mercy and
forgiveness,oh my,i have shed
tears when i saw my
mistakes,i apologise once
again to the writers,your labor
will never go in vain,Jesus said
to the thief in the cross.you
will be with me in paradise,i
was warned by the head
administrator seun never to
do that again that what i did
was wrong,he spoke to me
like a father,i was deeply
touched,i couldn't imagine
what i did,i wanted to post my
original story here on
nairaland,they till bear in mind
that i am still a plagiarist,my
eyes has turn red,i am so sorry
dear members of nairaland,i
am so sorry for the pain i have
cause to you all,i am so sorry
for piercing your heart with a
needle,i am so sorry for giving
you sleepless night,i am so
sorry for everything,the curse
which has been placed on me
plz rescind them plz i beg
you,none of your stories are
on my page,fans are pleading
to buy your books which i told
them is not out yet,i intend to
post my own original stories
there,i regretted what i did,i
dont know other means to
beg you.plz forgive me.i am so
sorry
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by tpia5: 1:45am On Mar 17, 2013
^seems you joined fb in march of this year.

how did you get 11000+ likes in such short time?

btw, are you into graphics? Who designed your fb cover photo.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Inosenduatall: 2:01am On Mar 17, 2013
Wow! This is indeed disheartening. It is so demanding for someone to come up with a beautifully crafted story yet so easy for one babboon to press CTRL C and CTRL V. However the moniker pharaoh has shed more light on this issue of plagiarism. We, the writers, are responsible for our own works not Seun. If he offers to help it is purely voluntary and we should accept it as such.

If the copyright of Nairaland served as protection not just of its coding and layouts and graphics but also of the contents of the Literature/Writing section, then that means that all our works are now the sole property of Nairaland which belongs to Seun Osewa. Which means if we decide to duplicate our works somewhere else, it will be well within Seun's rights to sue our asses off. After all it is now the sole property of Nairaland.

Una get my drift sha? Let us protect our own works.

I personally have been very worried for coolval ever since he started writing his thread. Thankfully he made moves to protect his work. It's not fullproof but it will definitely go a long way in protecting his intellectual property. Mazi should also tow this line for his NYSC thread. Big fan of that thread.

May God be with us all.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by repogirl(f): 2:44am On Mar 17, 2013
Pharoh: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.

The way this issue has been approached by the writers in my opinion shows some level of ignorance I must say and hope no one is offended by my directness.

First I will begin by saying I sympathize with you guys that your work has been plagiarized and you must have toiled very hard to produce these stories.

I feel it is important at this point to clarify some issues and point at the direction each and every one of you should follow whenever there is a future reoccurrence of this kind of situation.

WRITERS COPYRIGHT RIGHT

Nigeria is a signatory to the Berne Convention so therefore you do not need a registration to claim full ownership to your created original works.
Once you have transmitted your work to a platform or medium of distribution to the public then you automatically acquire the right to your works and every territory where the Berne convention is in place.

You lose this right when you agree to any medium or platform requires you to give up those rights vested on you under the Berne Convention. You also give up this right when you sign agreements with a publishing firm or transfer this right to someone else.
I don’t know why you people are attacking seun as he was magnanimous enough not to take this right away from you through the nairaland privacy policy or requiring any form of user agreement before using this forum that would have required you to give up those copyright.

ABOUT NAIRALAND COPYRIGHT POLICY

“COPYRIGHT NOTICE - All content posted on the message boards of Paradox is the exclusive intellectual property of Paradox. Copyright ownership of that content resides with Paradox and the Company is free to use any of the content as they wish. Anyone other than Paradox seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the Paradox message boards must receive the express written permission from Paradox Interactive. By posting on the Paradox message boards you are agreeing to the above and relinquishing all copyright to the contents of the post(s) to Paradox.”

The above is an example of a copyright agreement you will find in some message boards or forums and it is usually embedded in the privacy policy or user agreement that is signed when registering to the website.

Luckily for every one of us, nairaland does not have anything of such, so we all have full rights to whatever thing we post here on nairaland and that goes for all your stories provided they are not copyrighted materials.

If you post copyrighted materials here illegally and the original creator finds it here then the rightful thing they do is to inform nairaland of this issue. The owner of administrator of nairaland will delete those comments and place your handle on a ban.

They can also go ahead to require seun to give them your private information through a court order or without a court order if you have given seun the right to use your private information through a user agreement.

RIGHT OF ACTION IN CASES LIKE THIS

I noticed that everyone has been disturbing seun and the moderator to do something about this issue but in truth they absolutely should not do anything concerning the request being made of them. The best they can do is to ban offending members, delete posts, investigate and reveal private information or cooperate with a court process.
The copyright notice at the bottom of this site is more focused on the programing code used to build nairaland, the graphics, features and various designs found all over nairaland. This same copyright could have extended to forum post if we all gave up those rights in the terms of service, privacy policy or user agreements when registering to Nairaland.

Nairaland is not a publishing house and posting your stories here does not transfer any form of ownership to seun and therefore he is not under any form of obligation to go to beyond nairaland to help you guys as his powers are limited to nairaland based on the various agreements found here.

The truth is that you guys retained full ownership to your works, they are already protected by posting it here on nairaland and should you find it anywhere else on the web without reference then it is your duty to go after the infringement yourself.
It is not the duty of nairaland moderators or seun to go to Facebook and ask them to bring it down as they are not the owner of those works but you guys. Putting a copyright notice or disclaimer with your work is actually not needed under the Berne convention and you only do that so people like the offender will not claim ignorance.

You are good to go by showing them your written works on a producing platform like a word document or showing them the difference in date between the post on nairaland and Facebook. You can also register your works and notify NCC so that you can get a certificate of ownership and this serves as a legal proof should you need that but it is not actually required to obtain copyright for your works or prosecute cases.

So please this post is just trying to point it out to you guys that the onus to protect your works rests solely on you guys as you are the original creators and still retain full rights to your works even if they have been posted here on nairaland.

If you post your works on naijapals originally and you find it here on nairaland without reference then you have the right to inform seun about this to delete the post and ban the poster and request for personal information to prosecute the case. That is the way the owner of a work goes about issues like this, so in this case and for future purposes . . .it is your job to go against the offender yourself and not nairaland, the moderator or seun.

Now i expect you guys to be angry with me by focusing on the writers only but here is it . . seun can be of help to you guys because he benefits one way or the order from you guys posting stories here so i will not expect him to leave you guys solely to fight this issues alone.

Love you guys and kudos to the wonderful stories you post here. . more grease to your elbows. I sympathize with you guys but it is important we know our rights and how to go about this from now on.
I can answer more questions if there is any and post links to copyright materials for you guys to read yourselves.

Regards
Pharoh

Thankyou Pharoh,
Been reading on this copywrite thingy on the net and came across THE BERNE CONVENTION too.

Under the Convention, copyrights for creative works are automatically in force upon their creation without being asserted or declared. An author need not "register" or "apply for" a copyright in countries adhering to the Convention. As soon as a work is "fixed", that is, written or recorded on some physical medium, its author is automatically entitled to all copyrights in the work and to any derivative works, unless and until the author explicitly disclaims them or until the copyright expires. Foreign authors are given the same rights and privileges to copyrighted material as domestic authors in any country that signed the Convention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works

In other words, once a writer has posted his work online Or purblished on any any medium, for people to read, he already owns the rights to it as far as he is the original author. The need to register helps you get compensation if your rights have been infringed upon and this can be done at any time.
Like Efemina said, you should endeavour to issue a warning/ disclaimer at the beginning of each post warning people off because you already own the rights to your story once you've posted it online.
So anyone who wants to su'e the guy, please do so freely. I dey your back. cheesy
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by repogirl(f): 3:48am On Mar 17, 2013
The guy has appealed to my church mind, finally feeling sorry for him, I really do hope the writers whom you did wrong, feel same for you. I guess we've all learnt from this. Go and sin no more o.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Pharoh: 4:42am On Mar 17, 2013
repogirl:

So anyone who wants to su'e the guy, please do so freely. I dey your back. cheesy

Thanks[b] repogirl[/b] as you clearly understood what i was explaining there but registration of your work goes a along way to benefit you more than just going about it without registration.

If you want compensation, legal evidence of your copyright and commercial exploitation of your works then registering it is the best option and you can do that any time you want.

Inosenduatall:

If the copyright of Nairaland served as protection not just of its coding and layouts and graphics but also of the contents of the Literature/Writing section, then that means that all our works are now the sole property of Nairaland which belongs to Seun Osewa. Which means if we decide to duplicate our works somewhere else, it will be well within Seun's rights to sue our asses off. After all it is now the sole property of Nairaland.

Una get my drift sha? Let us protect our own works.

Thank you too for understanding my write up there and in relation to what you have there in your comment, then i must say you guys are totally safe from that.

I have searched through nairaland to find something that gives up the rights to the contents we post on nairaland and there is nothing of such so you all are safe and still retain full rights to your works.

You only need to read the terms of service, policies and user agreements of any other site you decide to post your works. So you guys should thank seun a little bit as he also knows that the stories here have been beneficial to him and his site as well. The moderator cuddlemii of this section should also be thanked as she really rallied behind the scenes to work with seun in resolving this issue for you guys and you can see that from the committee which seun just created.

I am sure nairaland has been a beneficial platform to you guys also in one way or the order to share your stories.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Ishilove: 4:47am On Mar 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is the illness related to old age?
tonguetonguetonguetonguetongue
Lmao!! You no well o cheesy
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
Thanks Mr. Pharoh for that infromation,
i feel a little bit better, and i am glad to hear from the young man 'blinkz' that seun called and at gave him a good talk. meen the kin crown way i see de hustle for my book sweet me sha, what pained me was that they didnt know i was the writer and i didnt even know it was there. this got my mind thinking a lot of things like, does he have a copy? infact i thought he was one bad assss plagiarist that didnt give a fuccccck.

well i will soon start uploading a new story (by thursday next wk), Mr. Blinkz i might allow u to post this on ur page, but i must b acknowledged. i am doing this because u have proven to b a gentle man afterall.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by iykmora(m): 2:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ Frank, why you go allow am post ur work for him facebook wall naa?? Don't allow me to use small letter for ur name here o abi na wetin sef!! See my guy, you can do d same on ur face book wall and allow more deserving peeps to follow d story rather than those unruly, ignorant, ars'e-lickin....pls provide me wit more adjectives for those nonentities he calls his fans!!! In fact dis tin don make me high!!! I shall complete dis rant later, meanwhile let me stroll up and ask my 'oga at d top' what he thinks....daz all
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by frank317: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
iykmora: @ Frank, why you go allow am post ur work for him facebook wall naa?? Don't allow me to use small letter for ur name here o abi na wetin sef!! See my guy, you can do d same on ur face book wall and allow more deserving peeps to follow d story rather than those unruly, ignorant, ars'e-lickin....pls provide me wit more adjectives for those nonentities he calls his fans!!! In fact dis tin don make me high!!! I shall complete dis rant later, meanwhile let me stroll up and ask my 'oga at d top' what he thinks....daz all

ha ha, no vex... make i post am here first, the response here will determine. actually he has become a good friend of mine so i wouldnt mind
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by Ice4jez(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
this problem u see was cause by ignorance that is the boy dont know that what he did will cause commotion here.now he knows and has apologied and delete the facebook account so i think he learnt his lesson and its good it happen cos it a kind of enlightenment for other who might ve been nursing such ideas.so i think its case closed.
To those writers sorry once again and if u think u will stop posting stories then no wahala .we wish u well cos this thread is like soilder go soilder come.umari left now we go to her blog n read n repogirl came .
Am not hating oh but just giving my own opnion.
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by iykmora(m): 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2013
his facebook account is still standin and his ill-mannered fans are still there ready to haul insults on any soul that dares to lay any accusation on their annointed 'Alamieyeseigha'....even when s/one tried to draw his attention on a work he was said to have hijacked from d 'thieving' site N-loaded.....i rest my case here. @ Frank nothin do you bro, but mind d way you call him a friend.....once a **** always a ****
i no talk anytin sha

Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by BukkyDan(f): 4:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
Frank? Like seriously? You meant those words? Tell me u're joking man...
It seems the previous deeds didn't give you sleepless nights, perhaps the next he'll do would lead to a *****

#I reserve my **** till...#
Re: Help!!! Plagiarist On The Loose by MaziOmenuko: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Inosenduatall: . Mazi should also tow this line for his NYSC thread. Big fan of that thread.

May God be with us all.

Thanks bros. I've started working on protecting that work. Coolval is being of immense help with his invaluable advise.

Once again, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Literature Section Popularity Ranking / Open Mic Night / Her 25th Birthday (ifenkili) 18+

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60