Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living (715 Views)

2016 Prophetic Declarations For Living Faith Church (winners Chapel) / HEAVEN ON EARTH: 2015. . Prophetic Theme For Living Faith Church / Is The Bible Just An Old Storybook Or A Manual For Living? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 7:04pm On Mar 14, 2013
LIFE IS FOR LIVING
So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Ecclesiastes 8.15
Religion holds people in bondage, but faith sets people free.
Religion promotes suffering, faith promotes enjoyment.
Religion promotes piety and self exultation. Faith promotes God.
Religion tells you what to do to get to heaven, faith brings heaven to you.
Religion separates, faith unites. Religion kills, faith gives life.
Religion ostracises, faith brings back home. Religion brings fear, doubt, anxiety and condemnation, but faith brings freedom, boldness, courage, and justification.
Religion pleases man, faith pleases God.
When Jesus came on earth, he was too different for religious people. He was eating and drinking, and healing people. He was restoring hope and bringing joy to everyone that he met. So religious people conspired and killed him and started a religion upon his death. Jesus did not come with a religion, he came with life from heaven. He came with faith from God. He came with a relationship. He said in Mark 9:23, that “to him that believes all things are possible”. He said believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:1. Jesus brought life, healing, deliverance, joy peace, favour, blessing, laughter, goodness and health. But religion tries to postpone all these in the guise that you will have them when you get to heaven. What do you want child of God? Religion or Faith. Life or death. Suffering or enjoyment. Sin or righteousness. The bible says in 1 Timothy 6:17 that God gives us all things richly to enjoy. 3 John 2 says I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health. If you suffer one more day, it’s your fault. God has given you life. Choose life and live. The bible says in Deuteronomy 30:19, behold I set before you life and death. Choose life and live. Life is for living and not for enduring.
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Kandiiikane(m): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
Can you spot where I quoted someone and not the topic?
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2013
lmao.

Denial of grandeur!

Christianity is not a religion
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by anonymoux: 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
You can say that again
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 1:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03: lmao.

Denial of grandeur!

Christianity is not a religion

only those truly liberated have the eyes to see. those deeply enslaved will come here and throw words they neither know the origin or their true meaning
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
You are right religion enslaves us all , but Jesus came to set us free.

Surprisingly , it was the religious of his day that rejected and killed him, looks like we are in the same position as we were 2000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
silica:

only those truly liberated have the eyes to see. those deeply enslaved will come here and throw words they neither know the origin or their true meaning

Says the Nigerian worshipping a Jewish Master. A slave religion. Mtchew
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 2:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Says the Nigerian worshipping a Jewish Master. A slave religion. Mtchew

whats your point?
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel: You are right religion enslaves us all , but Jesus came to set us free.

Surprisingly , it was the religious of his day that rejected and killed him, looks like we are in the same position as we were 2000 years ago.

Jesus Christ himself was not religious

-He didnt go and worship in the synagogue/temples
-He never prayed
-He never observed or taught the scriptures
-He never got baptized

#Christian are in denial
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
silica:

whats your point?

That you are delusional.

A religious man claiming that he is not in a religion.

A religious slave claiming that he is free.
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

That you are delusional.

A religious man claiming that he is not in a religion.

A religious slave claiming that he is free.

depends on your definition of freedom.

You can think you are free, but if you are enslaved to lusts and habits, you are actually a slave to those desires.

"...When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness." - Romans 6:20
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 2:37pm On Mar 15, 2013
and what are you? am sure its your type that the only thing they know about God is what"my pastor said".
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel:

depends on your definition of freedom.

You can think you are free, but if you are enslaved to lusts and habits, you are actually a slave to those desires.

"...When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness." - Romans 6:20

lol....I am free. The slaves to lust are you pastors and preists that molest anything from young boys to women.
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
silica: and what are you? am sure its your type that the only thing they know about God is what"my pastor said".

I dont believe in God
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

I dont believe in God

the greatest phool indeed
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
silica:

the greatest phool indeed

The owner of this site doesnt believe in god and so does bill gates. Are they fools?
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

The owner of this site doesnt believe in god and so does bill gates. Are they fools?

A phool says there is no God (Bible)
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
silica:

A phool says there is no God (Bible)

Why not answer yes or no?
Re: Religion Enslaves Us All: Life Is For Living by silica(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why not answer yes or no?
you dont speak for Seun or Bill Gate.
speak for yourself.

(1) (Reply)

You Can , If You Are Willing . / You Mean God Sat Down And Had A Meal With A Man? Kai! This Bible And Fabu!!! / Night Of Supernatural Deliverance @ DLCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.