Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,611 members, 7,801,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed (1328 Views)

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 6:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Amazing gospel, that hard been banned and hidden by the Church, because it brings forth the equality of women and men, and the struggles of the other disciples to accept this.
Here it is in full. Read and be enlightened. Peace be with you all!!

Moderator front page please.

The Gospel of Mary

From the Nag Hammadi Library, James M. Robinson.

In this gospel Christ teaches that sin is not a problem of moral ignorance so much as a manifestation of imbalance of the soul. Christ then encourages the disciples to spread his teachings and warns them against those who teach of spirituality as an external concept rather than as an internal, gnostic experience. Mary, to whom this text is credited, then lifts the hearts of the disciples who have become despondent over Christ's departure. Peter and the other disciples acknowledge Mary's spiritual calibre and superiority and yet they challenge her when she describes her own gnostic experiences. This confrontation between Mary and Peter is well documented in many gnostic Scriptures. Mary exposes the small mindedness and superficiality of Peter and Andrew who find it difficult to comprehend, let alone accept, the deeper spiritual understanding that Mary has acquired through her personal experience and closer relationship with Christ. Indeed Peter and Andrew seem to prefer the very thing against which Christ warned them - a religion based on arbitrary ideas (in this case represented by Peter's male chauvinism and Andrew's ignorance). And yet many of their ideas have shaped modern Christianity while, paradoxically, Mary Magdelene's spirituality, which here seems more consistent with the teachings of Christ, is unheard of today.

The Gospel text:

"Will matter then be [destroyed] or not?". The Saviour said, "All natures, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved into their own roots. For the nature of the matter is resolved into the (roots) of its nature alone. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

Peter said to Him, "Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?" The Saviour said, "There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called 'sin'. That is why the Good came into your midst, to the essence of every nature, in order to restore it to its root." Then He continued and said, "That is why you [become sick] and die, for [Š] of the one who [Š He who] understands, let him understand. Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from (something) contrary to nature. Then there arise a disturbance in the whole body. That is why I said to you, 'Be of good courage', and if you are discouraged (be) encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature. He who has ears to hear, let him hear."

When the blessed one had said this, He greeted them all, saying, "Peace be with you. Receive my peace to yourselves. Beware that no one lead you astray, saying, 'Lo here!' or 'Lo there!' for the Son of Man is within you. Follow after Him! Those who seek Him will find Him. Go then and preach the gospel of the kingdom. Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed for you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it." When He said this, He departed.

But they were grieved. They wept greatly, saying, "How shall we go to the gentiles and preach the gospel of the kingdom of the Son of Man? If they did not spare him, how will they spare us?" Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, "Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you. But rather let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into men." When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the [Saviour].

Peter said to Mary, "Sister, we know that the Saviour loved you more than the rest of women. Tell us the words of the Saviour which you remember - which you know (but) we do not, nor have we heard them." Mary answered and said, "What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you." And she began to speak to them these words: "I," she said, "I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to him, 'Lord, I saw you today in a vision.' He answered and said to me, 'Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of me. For where the mind is, there is the treasure.' I said to him, 'Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it through the soul or through the spirit?' The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision and it is [Š].' (the mid-section of the original text is missing)

"[Š] it. And desire that, 'I did not see you descending, but now I see you ascending. Why do you lie, since you belong to me?' The soul answered and said, 'I saw you. You did not see me nor recognise me. I served you as a garment, and you did not know me.' When it had said this, it went away rejoicing greatly.

"Again it came to the third power, which is called ignorance. It (the power) questioned the soul saying, 'Where are you going? In wickedness are you bound. But you are bound; do not judge!' And the soul said, 'Why do you judge me although I have not judged? I was bound though I have not bound. I was not recognised. But I have recognised that the All is being dissolved, both the earthly (things) and the heavenly'.

When the soul had overcome the third power, it went upwards and saw the fourth power, (which) took seven forms. The first form is darkness, the second desire, the third ignorance, the fourth is the excitement of death, the fifth is the kingdom of the flesh, the sixth is the foolish wisdom of flesh, the seventh is the wrathful wisdom. These are the seven [powers] of wrath. They ask the soul, "Whence do you come, slayer of men, or where are you going, conqueror of space?" The soul answered and said, "What binds me has been slain, and what surrounds me has been overcome, and my desire has been ended and ignorance has died. In a [world] I was released from a world, [and] in a type from a heavenly type, and (from) the fetter of oblivion which is transient. From this time on will I attain to the rest of the time, of the season, of the aeon, in silence."

When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Saviour had spoken with her. But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, "Say what you (wish to) say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Saviour said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas." Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things. He questioned them about the Saviour: "Did He really speak with a woman without our knowledge (and) not openly? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?"

Then Mary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Saviour? Levi answered and said to Peter, "Peter, you have always been hot - tempered. Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries. But if the Saviour made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Saviour knows her very well. That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamed and put on the perfect man and acquire him for ourselves as He commanded us, and preach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Saviour said." When [Š] and they began to go forth [to] proclaim and to preach.

Source: http://www.sol.com.au/kor/7_03.htm
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 15, 2013
Try harder!!
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 7:40am On Mar 15, 2013
Good work but I read the gospel of mary a long time ago. Also is the gospel of philip where jesus was said to kiss mary on her mouth.

Xtianity is a shame, islam is a disaster.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ghazzal: 8:17am On Mar 15, 2013
ooman: Good work but I read the gospel of mary a long time ago. Also is the gospel of philip where jesus was said to kiss mary on her mouth.

u obviously dont know what islam is. ...read. learn from the source itselve and you will understand what it is to be submisive to Gods will.

Most high Gods guidiance is the only true guidiance

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2013
ghazzal:
u obviously dont know what islam is. ...read. learn from the source itselve and you will understand what it is to be submisive to Gods will.

Most high Gods guidiance is the only true guidiance

I have read the koran and the hadiths. I know quite well what am saying. Islam means death to non muslims.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ghazzal: 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2013
ooman:

I have read the koran and the hadiths. I know quite well what am saying. Islam means death to non muslims.

sorry to say but if its true that you have read the Quran, then you must have read like the guy who spent 8 Years in school and still got expelled....

1 Like

Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
ghazzal:

sorry to say but if its true that you have read the Quran, then you must have read like the guy who spent 8 Years in school and still got expelled....

Well if you have read the quran and remain a muslim, then you are a psychopathic terrorist.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
ooman: Good work but I read the gospel of mary a long time ago. Also is the gospel of philip where jesus was said to kiss mary on her mouth.

Thanks. Will upload Gospel of Philip soon. And there is the Gospel oJjudas too!
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 10:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
Click the link below ( or copy and paste on your browser) to read a PDF copy of the Gospel of Philip

http://www.swami-center.org/en/text/gospelofphilip.pdf
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by okeyxyz(m): 2:34am On Mar 16, 2013
Interesting. This is the first time I'd seen this document. Well, we can debate the theological authenticity of it all we want but it's truthfulness will depend on whether it's message is according to the true christian principle.

... but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world(1 John 4:1).

Thus this document has asserted the most important message of christianity which is: There is no Sin in all of nature, Everything is good and made for use for man's pleasure and does not corrupt him. Sin only manifests when the man does not believe(practice) this knowledge; To sin is to be against your natural self, including s.exual liberty which is s.ex without marriage. This is why there are conflicts, jealousies, bitterness, diseases and ultimately: Death.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
What about the gospel of Herod? undecided
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 6:47am On Mar 17, 2013
Segeggs: What about the gospel of Herod? undecided

dumb sucker, is herold an apostle?
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Someone should please upload the gospel of amadioha and obatala!
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 8:17am On Mar 17, 2013
okeyxyz: Interesting. This is the first time I'd seen this document. Well, we can debate the theological authenticity of it all we want but it's truthfulness will depend on whether it's message is according to the true christian principle.

... but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world(1 John 4:1).

Thus this document has asserted the most important message of christianity which is: There is no Sin in all of nature, Everything is good and made for use for man's pleasure and does not corrupt him. Sin only manifests when the man does not believe(practice) this knowledge; To sin is to be against your natural self, including s.exual liberty which is s.ex without marriage. This is why there are conflicts, jealousies, bitterness, diseases and ultimately: Death.

You are a Master!!
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 8:24am On Mar 17, 2013
Will upload the Gospel of Thomas soon. It is a collection of only the sayings of Jesus. This gospel probably predates Mark. It was among the 8-10 gospels rejected by the Catholic Church, banned by it. It contains deep truth, emphasizing the importance of the words of the Savior rather than the stories of his life.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 6:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Here it is. Click link below to read Gospel of Thomas

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gthlamb.html
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by okeyxyz(m): 7:32am On Mar 18, 2013
^^^
Just read a part of it(up to verse 30) and all I can say is WOW!! It's beautiful so far...

btw, why was it removed from the bible??
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by Solozzo(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
It appeared that in the first century, there were small fragments of Christian groups with its disciple fellowship, but it was the Church of Rome which toed the line of apostle Peter that was the strongest. In about 300s AD, one of the cardinals was assigned task of reviewing and accepting only the gospels that were in line with Roman Catholic theology were accepted as canonical gospels- mark, Luke John and mathew. The rest were depicted as apocryphal and banned and burnt. You can see that the Thomas gospel tells no stories of christ life, emphasizes inner search for the kingdom and personal divinity of Christ; emphasize equality of the sexes - I will make Mary into a man so she can enter the kingdom if you Peter says women ee not entitled to heavenly inheritance says Jesus.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 12:56am On Mar 19, 2013
okeyxyz: ^^^
Just read a part of it(up to verse 30) and all I can say is WOW!! It's beautiful so far...

btw, why was it removed from the bible??

Constantine removed it and labeled it as apocrypha.
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ghazzal: 8:15am On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

im sorry but i must say you must be a bad reader. I am a muslim so why does my interpretation of islam not mean death to non muslims:

Its either i am getting it wrong or you got it wrong: its a reason for you to go and read very well. A lot of muslims dont believe this!
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 8:44am On Mar 19, 2013
ghazzal:
im sorry but i must say you must be a bad reader. I am a muslim so why does my interpretation of islam not mean death to non muslims:

Its either i am getting it wrong or you got it wrong: its a reason for you to go and read very well. A lot of muslims dont believe this!

why cant the possibility be that you got it wrong?
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by wazobiaforu(m): 11:28am On Mar 19, 2013
Manipulation,Manipulation...should we conclude that the Bible is not complet?

Everything is confusing jare, i tire for all this shit oo

But why did God allow all this thing to be happening? We will soon have verses to support gayish.. O sun mi oooo
Re: The Gospel Of Mary Magdalene Revealed by ooman(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2013
wazobia_for_u: Manipulation,Manipulation...should we conclude that the Bible is not complet?

Everything is confusing jare, i tire for all this shit oo

But why did God allow all this thing to be happening? We will soon have verses to support gayish.. O sun mi oooo

Any reasonable human and any reasonable God would not concern his/her self with what some people do in their bedroom and who they do it with.

(1) (Reply)

ID CABASA Ordained To Be A Pastor At Global Impact Church / Does The Holy Spirit Direct The Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses? / Reasons Why Masturbation Is A Sin and How To Overcome It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.