Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,011 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:26 AM

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) - Sports (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (262670 Views)

Official NPFL 2014-2015 Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Premier League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
@semid4lyf, @Seun @lalasticlala, @honeric01 please move this thread anew to the front page. Let's support our own league as another season kicks off

Match day 1

2016/17 season NPFL

3SC 2-0 Lobi Stars

Wikki Tourists 0-0 Nassarawa United

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2017
Enugu Rangers, let's do it again this season.

Kano Pillars have once again started their ojoro grin

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
ABS FC ? - ? Akwa United 16:00
Enugu Rangers ? - ? Abia Warriors
Enyimba ? - ? Sunshine Stars
Katsina United ? - ? Gombe United
MFM FC ? - ? Niger Tornadoes
Remo Stars ? - ? Plateau United
Rivers United FC ? - ? El Kanemi Warriors

Shooting Stars ? - ? Lobi Stars
Wikki Tourist ? - ? Nasarawa United

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Afam4eva:
Enugu Rangers, let's do it again this season.

Kano Pillars have once again started their ojoro grin

Please this is a new season, let this thread be moved to the front page every match day since we can't be creating individual match threads. Abeg. Oga afam4eva.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Why was kano Pillars vs ifeanyi ubah abandoned?

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Havilah93:
Why was kano Pillars vs ifeanyi ubah abandoned?
Ifeanyi Uba scored a goal and instead of the referee to count it as a goal, he she blew the whitsle for the end of the first half. After about 60 minutes Kano Pillars were a goal up and Ifeanyi Uba players walked out in protest.

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
Havilah93:

Please this is a new season, let this thread be moved to the front page every match day since we can't be creating individual match threads. Abeg. Oga afam4eva.

MYND44, pls do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by freeborn76(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
y2kaustin:
Why has these people tarnish our image abroad?when you travel abroad,and other Nationals.ones they know you are a Nigerian,they start avoiding you.why why why,or igbo brothers you see what you have done to us ehhn.i swear i will kill any of you i see here... angry angry angry

Who is this idiat ?

I am Yoruba and I approve this message

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by freeborn76(m): 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
I am proudly Yoruba and I support Enyimba and FC Ifeanyi Ubah

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Fringes(m): 6:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
Afam4eva:

Ifeanyi Uba scored a goal and instead of the referee to count it as a goal, he she blew the whitsle for the end of the first half. After about 60 minutes Kano Pillars were a goal up and Ifeanyi Uba players walked out in protest.

I was there. Your account isn't a true reflection of what happened. I have the video but evidently can't upload it here. Watch Naija Made this Thursday on Supersport for full analysis however.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Fringes(m): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2017
FC Ifeanyi Ubah suspends Team Manager, apologises to all stakeholders and fans for the outcome of the match between Kano Pillars and FC Ifeanyi Ubah

FC Ifeanyi Ubah has suspended its Team Manager, Mr. Jonathan Igwe for four matches for the role he played in the abandonment of the NPFL curtain raiser between Kano Pillars and FC Ifeanyi Ubah at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano yesterday.

In a press release made available on the club's website and signed by the Chairman of FC Ifeanyi Ubah, Mr. Chukwuma Ubah, the club condemned in plain terms the conduct of its team manager while apologising to the President of the NFF, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, the Chairman of the LMC, Mallam Shehu Dikko, the Governor of Kano State, H.E. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, other relevant stakeholders, fans and football lovers for its role in the disappointing start of the NPFL while promising to uphold the statutes and tenets of the beautiful game.

Read the press statement below:

"Our attention has been drawn to the sad events that led to the abandonment of the opening game of the 2016/2017 NPFL season between Kano Pillars and FC Ifeanyi Ubah on the 14th of January, 2017 at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano. After extensive investigations into the occurrences that culminated in the disappointing start of the Nigeria Professional Football League, the Management of FC Ifeanyi Ubah has arrived at the following findings:

1. That the Team Manager, Mr. Jonathan Igwe in a rather autocratic and unprofessional manner took laws into his hands by dishing out orders to the team without due recourse to the statutes and ethics of the game.
2. That his actions were borne out of an uncontrollable emotion owing to his perceived antagonistic behaviour of the centre referee who he claimed allowed a goal that was flagged offside by the linesman to stand against us and disallowing a legitimate goal scored by FC Ifeanyi Ubah via a direct free kick deep into stoppage time of the first half.
3. That he is deeply remorseful for his actions and the role he played in the eventual abandonment of the match between Kano Pillars and our darling club, FC Ifeanyi Ubah at the Sani Abacha Stadium which also resulted in him being given a red card by the centre referee.

In view of the aforementioned, the club has reached the following decisions:

1. That the Team Manager Mr. Jonathan Igwe is suspended for four (4) football matches with immediate effect and will forfeit one (1) month salary/allowances for his unprofessionalism and role in the eventual abandonment of the match.
2. That the Team Manager is not to be seen in the venue of any FC Ifeanyi Ubah match during the period of his suspension.
3. That the Team Manager is mandated to issue a letter of apology and promise of good conduct to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the organisers of the NPFL, the League Management Company (LMC) within 72 hours.
4. That the Team Manager is also to issue a written unreserved apology letter to the club and its teeming fans.

The Management of FC Ifeanyi Ubah hereby tenders an unreserved apology to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and the League Management Company (LMC) for the outcome of the match between Kano Pillars and FC Ifeanyi Ubah which was supposed to be a befitting curtain raiser for the 2016/2017 NPFL season.

Our most sincere and heartfelt apology goes out to the President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Amaju Pinnick and the Chairman of the League Management Company, Mallam Shehu Dikko who has done so much in promoting the NPFL while raising the standards of the league and football in Nigeria.

We also wish to apologise to all important dignitaries, especially the Governor of Kano State, H.E. Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, the Management of Kano Pillars, the good people of Kano State, Chairmen of various State FAs, sponsors of the NPFL and members of the press who were present to witness the match.

Finally, may we use this medium to apologise to our teeming fans and football lovers all over Nigeria and around the world for the disappointing display that has brought the name of the beautiful game to disrepute. This is highly regrettable and we wish to state categorically that we would do everything within our powers to make sure that such occurrence does not repeat itself.

The club condemns explicitly the unprofessional conduct of Mr. Jonathan Igwe and believe that the sanctions imposed on the Team Manager will serve as a severe deterrent to the entire management and playing staff of the club. FC Ifeanyi Ubah vows to uphold the statutes and tenets of the beautiful game we love so much.

Thank you and God bless."

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by PROVERBZ(m): 7:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
wow I found my family
what a week
rangers lost at home
I fear for their continental aspirations

2 Likes

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by FunkyMetahuman: 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
honeric01:
League table for 2012/2013 season
see as shooting quickly topped the table

They will soon finish 15th as usual

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by dsocioemmy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
I just hope those kale referees won't disappoint us again this season

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by superbouck(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:

for your mind

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Jaymaxxy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:

Not this 3SC

1 Like

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by groundnutoil(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
Jaymaxxy:

Not this 3SC
oga na d same thing Una go still come down
Make d real landlord take am
Enyimba
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Dething: 10:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
MFM fc tops the table for the first weekend of the NPFL with the 3-0 defeat of Niger tonadoes FC of Mina on Sunday.

This is applaudable.

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Chukwudozzie(m): 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
Thanks for the thread, rep Ifeanyi Ubah fc (Anambra Warriors) & Enugu rangers (The Flying Antelopes)
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 8:06am On Jan 16, 2017
groundnutoil:
oga na d same thing Una go still come down
Make d real landlord take am
Enyimba
You and Funky don come this year ba? If I cash you both!
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by SuperSuave(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2017
What is the full meaning of MFM fc? Is it owned by mountain of fire church?
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 8:24am On Jan 16, 2017
^^^
Yes, owned by the church
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Deeypeey(m): 9:33am On Jan 16, 2017
I neva thought I d see this day....3SC on top?..dawn of good tidings smiley smiley
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by groundnutoil(m): 10:34am On Jan 16, 2017
RedReact:
You and Funky don come this year ba? If I cash you both!
u no na we go nack Una home and away
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by RedReact: 10:38am On Jan 16, 2017
groundnutoil:
u no na
we go nack Una home and away
Make we see am na. You go chop beatings tire this season. grin grin grin
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by groundnutoil(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2017
RedReact:

Make we see am na. You go chop beatings tire this season. grin grin grin
we go bet oo
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2017
Week 2 Results

Wednesday 18th January

Lobi Stars 1-0 Kano Pillars

FC ifeanyi ubah 4-0 MFM FC

Niger Tornadoes 1-1 ABS FC

Akwa United1-1 Rivers United

Nasarawa United 1-1 Rangers FC

ABIA Warriors 2-0 Katsina United

Gombe United 2-1 REMO Stars

Plateau United 3-1 Enyimba

Sunshine Stars1-0 3SC

The game between El-Kanemi and Wikki Tourists will be played today Thursday, January 19th
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Afam4eva(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2017
Enugu Rangers gets an away point after throwing away 3 points at home. It's still good. I just hope we improve our home form.

I feel Ifeanyi Uba should be gunning for the league title. I don't know to what extent their punishment will inimical to them winning the league.

And what is wrong with Enyimba?

Where's Heartland? Ohh, relegation.
Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Current Log

Re: Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) by Havilah93(m): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2017
Afam4eva:
Enugu Rangers gets an away point after throwing away 3 points at home. It's still good. I just hope we improve our home form.

I feel Ifeanyi Uba should be gunning for the league title. I don't know to what extent their punishment will inimical to them winning the league.

And what is wrong with Enyimba?

Where's Heartland? Ohh, relegation.

Almost 8 points deduction in total for Ifeanyi Ubah!

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (157) (Reply)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.