Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) (26067 Views)

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 15, 2013
This is a thread for the best, worst, funny, harsh, etc. but remarkable posts in the religion section.

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 15, 2013
To judge God guilty of a lack of love is to suppose that you know what love is and to do so in the
face of God's Own declaration that He is Love is
to call God to the dock on an authority that is not
Him. In other words, your argument is not upheld
on the authority of a God-given intellect. If it is
not, what authority is great enough for you to appeal to to arraign the Christian God Who also
considers Himself the Most High or the Highest
Possible Authority for actions irreconcilable to
Love? Simply put, by what authority have you
judged God's actions in the OT incompatible with
Love and thus called Yahweh a liar?
By Ihedinobi
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2013
We already dont have freewill with respect to
your God. Did he give us the ability to have a
similar knowledge as him?
He understands the universe yet, he constantly
prevents us from understanding the universe by
witholding such knowledge from us and making barrriers such as an oxygenless space so that we
cant find more about outerspace.
We can even look further back to the destruction
the Tower of Babel. Surely, is God afraid of letting
man use his freewill to build a tower to its limits?
Or even Adam and Eve, why was God angry at their learning of knowledge? So he didnt want us
to use our freewill to learn? He wantedf humans
to be ignorant and Unclad in the first place? God
limits our freewill from the beginning
#God and freewill destroyed for the 4th time
By Logicboy
The Cowardice of Atheism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 15, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I no longer believe the Christian God is one filled with love. For I can no longer ignore the brutality of killing a supposed sinless child in order to forgive a people. As an atheist rightly asked; why not just forgive ? Neither do I agree with the wiping out of villages and cities as documented in the OT or the extremely harsh curse in the garden for a crime. A God of love doesn't indiscriminately kill or punish those who had nothing to do with the crime as done in the garden or as stated when God said he punishes down to the 3rd and 4th generation of sinners. Put simply, I no longer believe (as I once did) that the Christian God is loving.
https://www.nairaland.com/1222345/message-
all-atheists-house/2#14720075

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 15, 2013
frosbel:

Death is a condition brought about my the curse of GOD.

If we have death as a demon grin , how does he manage to kill thousands at one go over 100 countries and by diverse methods.

Honestly this is why people call Christians fanatics, will all this rubbish going on, how can anyone take us seriously.

You will not win ONE soul to GOD by preaching fear .
www.nairaland.com/1187404/list-people-saw-going-hell/2

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 15, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Lol, I'll explain it to you in a nutshell:

The universe is believed to have started because of the big bang which is said to be the origin of space and time. Usually when a theist argues the that if space and time began to exist, then the cause of space and time must be one that transcends space and time.(Kalam cosmological argument)
The atheist usually disagrees saying that it is impossible to make sense of any being that is spaceless and timeless.

The next argument that a theist presents is that the fine-tuning of the universe in the sense that the universe follows a very specific order is an indication that the universe has a designer.
The atheist usually counters by citing the multiverse theory which is that the universe is not alone but is part of an infinitely large number of universes ordered in many different ways.

I believe that the big bang theory contradicts the multiverse theory because if space and time started locally in each universe, then whatever is inbetween any two universes cannot possibly be space so what is it?

It seems to me that on one hand the atheist denies that a spaceless and timeless realm exists but on the other hand indirectly admits spaceless and timeless realm when he/she cites the multiverse theory (which by the way has no scientific proof/evidence whatsoever). I am really interested in finding out how his/her explanation for reality works.

Do you follow?

www.nairaland.com/1165701/laymans-
question-multiverse-theory

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2013
Mr_Anony: First of All as regards the topic, I think I lean more towards the Arminian than the Calvinist view about predestination and freewill,I'll explain:

The first things I know about God is that He is ultimate, eternal, almighty, ever present, omniscient, He is just and He is merciful.

Now this is where our dilemma comes in:
if God knows the end from the beginning, which means he already predetermined that a particular number of people well be saved.
This view is evident when we read verses like;
“you do not choose me I chose you”, “before you were formed in your mother’s womb I knew you and has ordained you to be a prophet” etc.

But then again, God is just and has given each man a will of his own so that we can come to know him. The above statements seem to contradict God’s nature because if God knows everything how come he judges people since He already knows that they can’t help it. what is the use of freewill if one has absolutely no control over the future?

Now a common misconception about predestination and God’s omniscience is that the future is fixed and that time is just like a movie that God has already watched before so he knows exactly what is going to show up in the next scene and so as the actor, you’re not really doing anything new except playing out a script unable to control ourselves like puppets in the hands of a master puppeteer.

I don’t think this is the case. To me it is more like the omniscience of God resembles that of an infinitely intelligent chess master who is overseeing a large complex game of chess. From the first move he can predict every single consequence of the choices that will follow down to the end of the game so in a sense he has seen the whole movie before but in this case it doesn’t preclude the fact that the players are indeed making their own choices.

That said, what then is the election and those that are predestined.

Jesus says “without me you can do nothing”. We are sinners and our hearts are desperately wicked. (Jeremiah 17:9), but then in our sins Christ died for us (Romans 5:8 ).
The death and resurrection of Christ brought to us the Holy Spirit which has now been poured out upon all flesh (emphasis on “all flesh”). Therefore the holy spirit is available to everyone - sinner or saint - and He convicts us of sin. (John16:8 ). It is now up to us to decide to submit our will to Him (Romans 8:14). The Holy Spirit does not force us to believe against our will.

This is why I disagree strongly with the Calvinist because he assumes that God has a set of chosen people will be saved no matter what and will stay saved no matter what. i.e. you irresistible grace.

I don’t think that is true but one thing I am sure of is that once a man truly knows God he cannot unknow Him. He may reject him though and this is why the Bible says about those who have tasted God and then turn around and trample His grace under foot have no atonement left for them (Hebrews10:26)

The beauty of God’s grace is that it allows us to have a direct relationship with God as a person.

God is not a grand puppeteer he’s more like a grand chessmaster. It don’t blame the grand chessmaster when you lose the game, you can only blame your poor choices.

I leave us with how Jesus answered the man who asked him a similar question as we are asking today

Then one said to Him, “Lord, are there few who are saved?”
And He said to them,“Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Luke 13:23-24

Note: please I'm trying to be careful not to put Scripture out of context just to make my point.
So I stand to be corrected: If I’ve made any mistakes please point them out to me through Scripture.
www.nairaland.com/996184/grace-destiny-vs-freewill-brethren/1
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 15, 2013
This cracked me up a little. Muskeeto and cyrex have a lot in common.
cyrexx: Why am I feeling happy tonight?

More atheists are being added into our ranks daily.

This is truly Atheism Rising.

Religion and their gods are on their way out. Many more heeding the war cry to " Hammer the Gods"

Praises be unto the Almighty Cassava Stick.

In Zeus name i worship.

Welcome to the show.
Dr. Joe,
La Proffeseur and
Mr. President.
cyrexx:

Let me happy o. We sowed in tears and we are reaping in joy grin The infidels are rising and multiplying, and the gates of your mythical paradise deception shall not prevail. Amen.

Wow. I'm on fire tonight. grin

www.nairaland.com/1155855/maybe-should-ignore-atheists-anti-christian#13745630

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wetin this Haram de Boko dey talk?

Is the God of Islam (Allah) any different in terms of love? Did he not suffer Job in the Quran just to test his faith? Or Noahs flood in the Quran where people were drowned?
www.nairaland.com/1223100/uyi-iredia-sees-light-denies/10#1223100.327

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
musKeeto: As omniscient, God not only know how many outcomes there could be, he knows exactly what outcome would be.

For example, if I throw a ball, God knows exactly where it would land. He already knew I would throw. He already knew I would be born. He knew my parents. He knew how they'd meet.

In essence, his omniscience doesn't limit him to probabilities of the occurrence of an event, it leaves him with certainties.

What this means is that we are all acting out his knowledge. Omniscence leads to predestination. Predestination voids freewill.
Bro Ihe, enough with the annoying dance moves.
www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/60#14670519

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Great thread. I'll post a few asap..
happy wknd bro.. How futo?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
musKeeto: Great thread. I'll post a few asap..
happy wknd bro.. How futo?
Happy weekend too. FUTO is cool but for the exam fever. How India?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Alfamann: ooman is dead. long live homosapiens.
www.nairaland.com/1226781/bye-bye-ooman

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 16, 2013
Goshen360:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Matthew 23:23

Extract

Who was Jesus talking to? Answer - scribes and Pharisees

Who are these scribes and Pharisees? Answer - hypocrites.

Are these people Christians? Answer - NO

What tithe does these people pay? Answer - of mint and anise and cummin

What is this tithe of mint and anise and cummin based on? Answers - matters of the law

Are Christians still under the law of Moses? Answer - NO

Did Jesus say, "these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone"? Answer - YES! Why, Jesus was still under the law of Moses and had not died to effect the New Covenant. He cannot contradict the law in order to fulfill it. Christ's death and resurrection ENDED the law of Moses. So, the tithe practiced in Matthew 23:23 is still MATTERS OF THE LAW...of Moses. So also is Malachi 3
https://www.nairaland.com/1212892/give-tithes-offerings-less-fortunate/5#14581224
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by tobechi74: 1:55am On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: Happy weekend too. FUTO is cool but for the exam fever. How India?
ure a futo ite, waow, me too
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 16, 2013
tobechi74: ure a futo ite, waow, me too
Wow!!! Interesting....hope the exams have been good?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by ijawkid(m): 10:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: Wow!!! Interesting....hope the exams have been good?

My younger bro dey there o......
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by tobechi74: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: Wow!!! Interesting....hope the exams have been good?
the good, the bad and the ugly
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by tobechi74: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
ijawkid:

My younger bro dey there o......
wat a small world, na futo get nairaland
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
Posting this from a similar thread
Frosbel's anti-trinity fight has churned out a few jewels..

Ijawkid in reply to okeyxyz
okeyxyz:

So how is the son of God not God?

How is the son of Mr Ajayi not Mr Ajayi?

Ajayi is simply a Specie(family name).

Spirit is a specie.

ijawkid:

Can mr Ajayi(Junior) the son be the same as mr Ajayi (senior) the Father....??

Can they be co-equal??

Besides we havnt added another ajayi to the train to make it a trinity ajayi...

Mayb u can add mrs ajayi....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
mkymyers in reply to one of many many many frosbel's anti trinity thread...
mkmyers45: Frosbel, Do you shout trinity in your sleep?

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ihedinobi:
stupendously confused frosbel: (Sunday) Jesus is God.

(Monday) No, Jesus is a god.

(Tuesday) I mean, Jesus is Divine. ()

(Wednesday) Look, Jesus is NOT God.

(Thursday) I'm saying that Jesus is just a Man.

(Friday and Saturday) Everything combined

You go fear case na. Dude, try make up your mind. No son of Adam can be considered divine. Once a person is called divine, they're recognized as deity. If a man is called Son of God, he is acknowledged as having the God-Nature. Obey your own rules for once, can you?

Take am easy make craze no catch you o, fros-b!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
Nice thread. Lol @ d ihedinobi post 4rm muskeeto just atop mine.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by truthislight: 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Beretta92: Nice thread. Lol @ d ihedinobi post 4rm muskeeto just atop mine.

Eh!
which One be your own post up there

Abeg, do you have two IDs.

Lol. "on top mine".

Which one?
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:12am On Mar 17, 2013
And plaetton went mad!!
plaetton: Are you lonely , poor, angry and unable to get a date? Do you crave to have a sin party with 72 virgins(somebody else's daughters) and you wouldn't mind blowing yourself up along with many innocent people, just to make that dream date possible?
If that's you, then your dreams may come true,
because I have the perfect religion for you.
plaetton: Do you have problems with divine arithmetic? Have you been convinced that 1+1+1=1, but you are still trying to figure it out ? No problems,
because I have the perfect religion for you.
plaetton: Are you obsessed with apocalyptic scriptures and prophesies? Do you fantasize about the end of the world? Do you despise everything about this world and Are eagerly awaiting the destruction of this earth so that you can be raptured into another, more wonderful, world(which you know nothing about)? If this is you,
then I have the perfect religion for you.
www.nairaland.com/1162707/psychiatry-religion-show-me-ailment/1#13896029

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 17, 2013
By Kay17
Kay 17: Whenever I think about the personality of the Judeo Christian God, I feel the awe of his impressive and superpowerful being. An omniscient, omnipotent, all great, self sufficient, selfexistent, perfect being. And he is accepted by most as the best explanation for the world.

But I'm struck by his person, he is too perfect and too satisfied and too independent to create us, our creation would not add any more of his essence, it wouldn't make him any happier or any more perfect. Rather we'd be purposeless toys with zero value.

We'd be a waste of love, care, concern. We'd be insufficient. He wouldn't have created us at all.
www.nairaland.com/1086592/ultimate-purpose-gods-nature#12728872

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 17, 2013
Beretta92: Nice thread. Lol @ d ihedinobi post 4rm muskeeto just atop mine.
Stop laughing. Post your great posts. You're welcome.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Is this dude sane? Judge for yourself...
obadiah777: THERE IS DIGNITY IN MADNESS. IN FACT TO BE CONSIDERED MAD MEANS THAT YOU HAVE EXCEEDED IN USAGE THE AVERAGE BANDWITH OF BRAIN CELLS ALLOCATED TO THE NORMAL HOMOSAPIEN. IT IS A POSITION OF DIGNITY. IT IS A MENTAL PLATFORM THAT DWARFS THE AVERAGE THRESHOLD. cry
www.nairaland.com/1145919/bible-bad-children....let-us-discuss

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
Boomark:

I hereby suspend/delete my apology. italo and ubenedictus should calculate the number of times they insulted embarassed me on this forum and apologize to me. Lets settle here 1st before we think of going to rome.

https://www.nairaland.com/1225163/jesus-mentioned-pope-speech-retrospect/5#14798515

italo:
Day and night, you are calling me and 1.2 billion of my brothers and sisters all sorts of unprintable names.

Idol worshippers, satanists, demonic, pagans, blasphemers etc.

God hasnt condemned us but you have condemned us to hell already.

When we are rejoicing, you try to tarnish it with your insults...

When we are mourning, you give us no respect or reprieve, you add your insults to our injury...

When we say Jesus is our God, you say he is only a man...then later you accuse us of not worshiping the Jesus (who you call 'man')

When the Pope speaks and we are glad we have a new Pope, you try to dampen it by claiming he didnt mention "Jesus"

When we bring video evidence that he did, you switch and say it doesnt matter what the Pope says...he doesnt believe in Jesus.

In the morning, you say Mary is our God... In the afternoon, you say Statues are our God...in the evening, you say rotten flesh is our God.

When we do good, you hide it under a carpet...but when we do bad, you are the first to shout in on a roof top.

And when you hear a false rumour that paints us in bad light, you jump on the bandwagon without caring or wanting to know if it's true or not.

Day and night, you never sleep. All you do is paint us in bad light and wrap us with satan's blanket.

Anywhere you see the word "CATHOLIC" you go there to rain insults on us, not minding the topic of discussion.

NOW YOU COMPLAIN OF BEING INSULTED...

https://www.nairaland.com/1225163/jesus-mentioned-pope-speech-retrospect/5#14807613

6 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Nna, bros italo vex o

2 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2013
musKeeto: Nna, bros italo vex o
lol. The thing touch me well well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Catholic Archbishop Of Kampala Warns Women To Stop Beating Their Husbands / Reno Omokri: Monumental Structures In Western Countries Are "Dedicated To Satan" / 'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.