Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. (5057 Views)

Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
Following a great injustice, twisting, divisions, abuse and multiple scripture interpretations, I decided to start this Bible Study COURSE that will tend towards raising Bible teachers and upholding the truth\integrity of God's word. It doesn't necessarily mean we're all called into ministry but we're all called to know the truth and the truth sets us free. The motive of this course is to encourage all believers\Christians that will follow this thread to examine\study the scriptures for themselves. We\you might not know too much of God's word but whatever little is known, it must be well known and accurate.

I must make it plain and simple - The quest and journey towards "studying to show yourself approved into God" is not an easy task. It involves a careful examination of our English text in its original language and context. Too many Christians have abandoned their 'first love' and the result is the raise of false\erroneous teachings. This is because we have left the task we ought to undertake primarily by ourselves to others. Yes, it is an eternal truth that God had given teachers to the Church. It is also true that what teachers teach must be carefully examined which is the primary duty of every Christian.

This course will 'probably' take us till the end of this month considering questions and answer and\or reasoning together as learners together. I will post each day until we finish the course. I will also avoid too long post so it won't get boring to as many as will want to participate. I'll like you to invite as many as possible of your friends and family to this course. They might not necessarily be a registered member; they can follow this course and benefit but only need be a registered member to post comments. The time has come for every Christian to carefully examine what is taught in their various place of worship and stand for the truth.

New Living Translation (©2007)
And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. Acts 17:11

This course is an Internet based teaching of a ministry. I've edited where names of some denominations were mentioned so we don't offend any denomination but all points taught in the course had been fully considered and carefully examined. At the very end of this course, I'll reference the ministry and their web link to give honour to whom it is due.

Welcome on board!

4 Likes

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by JIL(m): 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Goshen360: Following a great injustice, twisting, divisions, abuse and multiple scripture interpretations, I decided to start a this Bible Study COURSE that will tend towards raising Bible teachers and upholding the truth\integrity of God's word. It doesn't necessarily mean we're all called into ministry but we're all called to know the truth and the truth sets us free. The motive of this course is to encourage all believers\Christians that will follow this thread to examine\study the scriptures for themselves. We\you might not know too much of God's word but whatever little is known, it must be well known and accurate.

I must make it plain and simple - The quest and journey towards "studying to show yourself approved into God" is not an easy task. It involves a careful examination of our English text in its original language and context. Too many Christians have abandoned their 'first love' and the result is the raise of false\erroneous teachings. This is because we have left the task we ought to undertake primarily by ourselves to others. Yes, it is an eternal truth that God had given teachers to the Church. It is also true that what teachers teach must be carefully examined which is the primary duty of every Christian.

This course will 'probably' take us till the end of this month considering questions and answer and\or reasoning together as learners together. I will post each day until we finish the course. I will also avoid too long post so it won't get boring to as many as will want to participate. I'll like you to invite as many as possible of your friends and family to this course. They might not necessarily be a registered member; they can follow this course and benefit but only need be a registered member to post comments. The time has come for every Christian to carefully examine what is taught in their various place of worship and stand for the truth.

New Living Translation (©2007)
And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul's message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. Acts 17:11

This course is an Internet based teaching of a ministry. I've edited where names of some denominations were mentioned so we don't offend any denomination but all points taught in the course had been fully considered and carefully examined. At the very end of this course, I'll reference the ministry and their web link to give honour to whom it is due.

Welcome on board!

God bless you for using your gift to teach and edify the body of Christ. Hope we wont be paying tithes. grin

Signed up.

3 Likes

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Hey, whatz up son (of God)? ^^^ Welcome on board. tongue cool
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Mayowura: 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
Let's ride on bro!
I pray God give us the grace not to be readers of His word alone but also living by every bit of it.
AMEN!!!
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Smartiegurl(f): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
*Following* pls where is Mr. Anony?
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by JIL(m): 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
Goshen360: Hey, whatz up son (of God)? ^^^ Welcome on board. tongue cool

Thanks I'm fine. Been quite busy with the things of the world; work.

Looking forward to your exposition.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
@ Smartie gurl,

Welcome sister. God bless you. Mr. Anony is fine but might be busy or one of the 'viewing guests' at any time. cool
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by RanchOwner: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Looking forward to an open-minded expository with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Smartiegurl(f): 6:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
Goshen360: @ Smartie gurl,

Welcome sister. God bless you. Mr. Anony is fine but might be busy or one of the 'viewing guests' at any time. cool
thank you brother!! Wil be following.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 7:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
I'll be glad to discuss issues here. But I hope it is not only open to those who agree with you... I hope it will be open to all.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
^ ^ ^
Sure, feel free to discuss or ask questions - it is open to all Christians. When we disagree, we can ALWAYS do deep study together and learn together so we can follow the path of truth. Being open minded, I'm willing to look into crucial matters and\or subject(s) in careful examination of scriptures. Let's not come in disguise to hold our 'church' tradition or teachings but let's come with the heart to seek the truth on interpreting God's word correctly. You're welcome!

It's gonna be one post per day though and the rest of the day will be to attend to questions and observations and we will all look at it together. However, it is not the will of God that we say different things on one scripture verse. There's one Spirit that breathe the scripture and I believe there must be ONE interpretation of scriptures with careful studying or examination.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 5:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Introduction:

It is apparent from all the contradictory teachings of the many denominations, that they all cannot be right. For the most part, each claims to use the Bible as the source of their teachings. For example, some "Christian" churches teach that baptism is necessary for salvation and others do not. Both may claim the Bible as the source of their belief. It is a fact that many different sects of "Christendom" use the Bible to prove contradictory teachings. Paul Lee Tan, in his book Literal Interpretation of the Bible says, "Apparently the Bible can be made to prove almost anything".

All claim that the Bible is the Word of God. Considering all the contradictions, which are so apparent, one must ask and get the answer to the question, "Who is right?" Surely, God is not teaching, for example, that one is saved by good works and then teaching man is saved by God's Grace without works AT THE SAME TIME.

1 Cor. 14:33, says "God is not the author of confusion." Apparently, there has been great latitude taken in the interpretation of what the Bible says. The word "interpretation" means to arrive at the original meaning the writer intended when he penned the words. Interpretation is not determining "application." The original meaning the author intended is the interpretation and must be found before you can apply it. A faulty interpretation produces a faulty application.

The great need today; in determining what the Bible really teaches or says is a correct method of interpretation. If the Bible is the Word of God and God's revelation to man as it is, then surely God would not give us His revelation without a way to find what He meant. For God not to give us a way to interpret the Bible is to leave the interpretation of Scripture to man's wisdom that is at best faulty. To have the interpretation of Scripture rest on man's wisdom is to have "flesh" interpreting that which is spiritual.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 5:29am On Mar 16, 2013
The "literal method" of interpreting Scripture taught here is God's method. It is not a new method in any sense of the word. It is the only method in which the Scriptures interpret the Scriptures. The problem today is not, that God did not give us a method of interpretation. God gave us a method, but man has refused to use it! The method that God gave is the literal method, or what man has labeled the Grammatical-Historical Method. The Grammatical-Historical method interprets Scripture by taking into consideration the context of a passage, the grammatical uses of the words and the historical setting in which they were written. The literal method says, "Let Scripture interpret Scripture."

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Amplified Bible (AMP)
20 [Yet] first [you must] understand this, that no prophecy of Scripture is [a matter] of any personal or private or special interpretation (loosening, solving).

Knox Bible (KNOX)
20 Yet always you must remember this, that no prophecy in scripture is the subject of private interpretation.

The literal method is letting God interpret what He has said as He is best qualified to tell us what He means. The Bible is the complete word of God to man. Revelation 22:18, says man is not to add to the Word of God, the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16-17, clearly states that God gave us the Bible. These verses tell us that the Bible is " . . . profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." When God "breathed" on the writers of Scripture they literally produced the Word of God, completely and accurately.

The doctrine of "verbal plenary inspiration" means God chose each word for its specific meaning. When God inspired the writers to use a word it was because that word conveyed a certain meaning. It communicated a certain meaning to those who read it. This means that if we find what the correct meaning of the word was considering its context, normal and customary usage at the time it was used, we can know the correct interpretation.

Simple put, NOT to allow private or special or personal interpretation is to allow scriptures to interpret scriptures. The word 'interpretation' is the Greek word, epilysis and it means a loosening or unloosing. It conveys "to loose, solve, explain," and denotes "a solution, explanation," and literally, "a release". "(of private) interpretation;" i.e. the writers of Scripture did not put their own construction upon the "God-breathed" words they wrote.

1 Like

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Tgirl4real(f): 6:54am On Mar 16, 2013
I can't remember when I clicked on this thread or how it came to be on my followed list as a topic I have viewed. I know I kept starring at it, but I can't remember clicking on it. grin

Any which way sha...I don enter.

#Signing up#
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 7:31am On Mar 16, 2013
I'm very glad you chose this topic to begin with because it is a fundamental topic and nothing can be discussed on the Bible if this issue is not first tackled.

I'll like to keep my contribution as short and concise as possible.

I agree TOTALLY with you 1st post...and I will summarize it in my own words:

*There are millions of differing and contradictory Christian doctrines, and at the most, only ONE can be totally correct...at the least, NONE might be correct. It is impossible for 2 OR MORE to be totally correct, since they differ.

*We must ask "WHO IS RIGHT?" and get an answer because God could not have deliberately left us without a means of interpreting and/or understanding/knowing his teaching.

EXCELLENT!!!

However, I disagree with your 2nd post saying essentially that the sure way to arrive at the truth is to "let scripture interpret scripture." While it is good to read a verse in context and compare and contrast it with other verses and passages, it is by no means a sure way of arriving at the truth.

WHY DO I SAY THIS? - By saying "let scripture interpret scripture," what you are saying, perhaps without knowing, is 'instead of interpreting the first passage, let MY INTERPRETATION of the other verse(s)/passage(s) interpret the first verse/passage.'

That logic does not hold...nor guarantee you arriving at the truth.

Infact all those "churches" that teach contradictory doctrines claim to do that. They claim to put scripture against scripture to arrive at the truth...yet they teach millions of contradictory and differing doctrines.

WHY? Because they are putting, not "scripture against scripture" but 'their interpretation of scripture against their interpretation of scripture.'

2 Likes

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Yooguyz: 9:32am On Mar 16, 2013
beatiful broda goshen, there's a great need on this forum with respect to bible knowledge but then i suggest that each day a passage of the bible should be posted and comments should be made on that verse
i would do my part to ensure that the thread sticks
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Tgirl4real(f): 11:13am On Mar 16, 2013
italo: I'm very glad you chose this topic to begin with because it is a fundamental topic and nothing can be discussed on the Bible if this issue is not first tackled.

I'll like to keep my contribution as short and concise as possible.

I agree TOTALLY with you 1st post...and I will summarize it in my own words:

*There are millions of differing and contradictory Christian doctrines, and at the most, only ONE can be totally correct...at the least, NONE might be correct. It is impossible for 2 OR MORE to be totally correct, since they differ.

*We must ask "WHO IS RIGHT?" and get an answer because God could not have deliberately left us without a means of interpreting and/or understanding/knowing his teaching.

EXCELLENT!!!

However, I disagree with your 2nd post saying essentially that the sure way to arrive at the truth is to "let scripture interpret scripture." While it is good to read a verse in context and compare and contrast it with other verses and passages, it is by no means a sure way of arriving at the truth.

What is the sure way then?

WHY DO I SAY THIS? - By saying "let scripture interpret scripture," what you are saying, perhaps without knowing, is 'instead of interpreting the first passage,[/b] let MY INTERPRETATION of the other verse(s)/passage(s) interpret the first verse/passage.'[/b]

That logic does not hold...nor guarantee you arriving at the truth.

Infact all those "churches" that teach contradictory doctrines claim to do that. They claim to put scripture against scripture to arrive at the truth...yet they teach millions of contradictory and differing doctrines.

WHY? Because they are putting, not "scripture against scripture" but 'their interpretation of scripture against their interpretation of scripture.'

I agree with u here and we need to be careful not to allow personal interpretation to come into play. I doubt thatz what Goshen wanna do.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 11:59am On Mar 16, 2013
Tgirl4real:

What is the sure way then?

I will tell you plainly at my own time. Please be patient. I want this discussion to be as reasonable as possible. So far there has not been much exchange of reasoning perhaps because some of the fanatics and psychopaths on nairaland have nothing reasonable to add. But I assure you, if I point you to the PILLAR and FOUNDATION of TRUTH, you'll see them rushing in to condemn it without even reasonably addressing the topic of discussion...thereby, derailing the thread.

Tgirl4real: I agree with u here and we need to be careful not to allow personal interpretation to come into play. I doubt thatz what Goshen wanna do.

I doubt that Goshen knowingly wants to allow personal interpretation come into play...but I bet you, he has no choice than to allow his personal interpretation come into play...

I will give you clues to point you to the Authority that transmits God's teaching without error...hoping you will be able to deduce it yourself.

1. How can any fallible person teach you God's doctrine with certainty...when he himself can be wrong about it? It would have to be an infallible entity, wont it?

2. How do you know that the book of "MARK" was written by Mark and that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit? If it was a fallible Authority that told you so, who and when was it? If it was an infallible authority, who and when was it?

Which other interpretation would he use... if not PERSONAL?

1 Like

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
Scripture tells us that we are to rely on the Holy Spirit's illumination to gain insights into the meaning and application of Scripture (John 16:12-15; 1 Corinthians 2:9-11).

It is the Holy Spirit's work to throw light upon the Word of God so that the believer can assent to the meaning intended and act on it.

The Holy Spirit, as the "Spirit of truth" (John 16:13), guides us so that "we may understand what God has freely given us" (1 Corinthians 2:12).
This is quite logical: full comprehension of the Word of God is impossible without prayerful dependence on the Spirit of God, for He who inspired the Word (2 Peter 1:21) is also its supreme interpreter.

1 Like

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 1:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bidam: Scripture tells us that we are to rely on the Holy Spirit's illumination to gain insights into the meaning and application of Scripture (John 16:12-15; 1 Corinthians 2:9-11).

It is the Holy Spirit's work to throw light upon the Word of God so that the believer can assent to the meaning intended and act on it.

The Holy Spirit, as the "Spirit of truth" (John 16:13), guides us so that "we may understand what God has freely given us" (1 Corinthians 2:12).
This is quite logical: full comprehension of the Word of God is impossible without prayerful dependence on the Spirit of God, for He who inspired the Word (2 Peter 1:21) is also its supreme interpreter.

The millions of people and Churches claiming to be under the influence of the "Holy Spirit" that preach millions of contradictory and differing doctrines (including you and I)...

Is it the same one Holy Spirit that is teaching us millions of different doctrines... or are we being influenced by millions of 'holy spirits?'
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo:

The millions of people and Churches claiming to be under the influence of the "Holy Spirit" that preach millions of contradictory and differing doctrines (including you and I)...

Is it the same one Holy Spirit that is teaching us millions of different doctrines... or are we being influenced by millions of 'holy spirits?'
In answering this question, one might liken the Holy Spirit to a radio station that is transmitting a perfect signal. Even though that radio signal is transmitted perfectly, there are all kinds of different quality radio receivers out there. Some have good reception; some have poor reception. Some have a good antennae; others have a broken antennae. Some have good batteries; others are low on energy. The point is, different radio receivers have varying degrees of success in receiving that perfect signal.
Christians are much the same way. The Holy Spirit's "signal" (that is, His illumination) is always perfect. But because of varying circumstances (perhaps sin, or not fully walking in the Spirit, or being overly concerned about the affairs of the world, or being blinded by Satan), Christians have varying degrees of success in properly receiving the Spirit's illumination.

2 Likes

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo:

I will tell you plainly at my own time. Please be patient. I want this discussion to be as reasonable as possible. So far there has not been much exchange of reasoning perhaps because some of the fanatics and psychopaths on nairaland have nothing reasonable to add. But I assure you, if I point you to the PILLAR and FOUNDATION of TRUTH, you'll see them rushing in to condemn it without even reasonably addressing the topic of discussion...thereby, derailing the thread.

Ok

I doubt that Goshen knowingly wants to allow personal interpretation come into play...but I bet you, he has no choice than to allow his personal interpretation come into play...

I will give you clues to point you to the Authority that transmits God's teaching without error...hoping you will be able to deduce it yourself.

1. How can any fallible person teach you God's doctrine with certainty...when he himself can be wrong about it? It would have to be an infallible entity, wont it?

2. How do you know that the book of "MARK" was written by Mark and that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit? If it was a fallible Authority that told you so, who and when was it? If it was an infallible authority, who and when was it?

Which other interpretation would he use... if not PERSONAL?

What exactly are u saying bros?

I will assume that is the purpose of allowing scriptures interprete scriptures. We can only have ONE interpretation to a given issue. No room for "the Spirit" told me this or that. How do we ensure that we don't allow personal experience or opinion come in to play?

How you saying there's no way we can study and understand scriptures?

Looking at the eaxample that u gave; I know Mark wrote the book cos historical record says so and I know it's inspired cos it's in the scriptures itself that the scriptures are inspired.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Tgirl4real(f): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Bidam: Scripture tells us that we are to rely on the Holy Spirit's illumination to gain insights into the meaning and application of Scripture (John 16:12-15; 1 Corinthians 2:9-11).

Well said!

italo:

Sir, because people are twisting scriptures doesn't make the word of God a liar.

We know many twist scriptures for personal gain. At the same time we have a few that are sincere but are still in error cos they have refused to study the word themselves and rely on the help n guidance of the Holy Spirit, rather they rely on the hands-down revelation from their so-called MOG or mentor.

2 Likes

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 5:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
Following all contributions. I will put everything together later so we can be on same page.

@ italo, kindly mention to us the accurate God's way to interpret so we can add to update plus examine it together.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
There is only one Church, one faith and one doctrine of our Lord, Jesus Christ (correct me if I'm wrong)

It is the duty of that one church to transmit God's one doctrine to the children of God and that is how it was for 1500years before the heretics came and turned everything upside down...now look at the confusion they have put you people.

The Church is infallible in its teachings because Christ has given the Church the Spirit to teach it the truth. That is why you believed that Mark wrote "Mark" and that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Because the infallible Church told you so. The Church wrote the New Testament and compiled the Bible and declared it the word of God in the fourth century...and you submitted to their authority.

1Tim 3:15 says the Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth.

That one church that was founded by Christ is the one that compiled the Bible in the fourth century...it is the same one that Luther broke away from in the 16th century to start this confusion...

That one church is the Catholic Church.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Tgirl4real(f): 8:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hehehe

I still dey come, I never land. grin

And ermm...by the church, do u mean Roman Catholic Church?

Cos all believers are a member of the Catholic Church but certainly not the Roman Catholic Church.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
The Catholic Church is the Catholic Church, whether Roman or Nigerian or Argentinian. That is why we have an Argentine Pope and we are still ONE.

Tgirl4real:

Cos all believers are a member of the Catholic Church

Prove this.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Mayowura: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
Thread's going nice.
We are knowing the fundamentals before going into mission!

I pray HOLY SPIRIT direct us all and block every channel of confusion and arguements IN JESUS NAME,
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Tgirl4real(f): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo: The Catholic Church is the Catholic Church, whether Roman or Nigerian or Argentinian. That is why we have an Argentine Pope and we are still ONE.

I'm a Chriatian and I don't belong to the Roman Catholic Church.

Prove this.

Catholic Church means the universal church. Every believer is a member of the universal body of Christ (Ephes 4: 4-6). It is different from the Roman Catholic Church.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by Goshen360(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
italo: There is only one Church, one faith and one doctrine of our Lord, Jesus Christ (correct me if I'm wrong)

It is the duty of that one church to transmit God's one doctrine to the children of God and that is how it was for 1500years before the heretics came and turned everything upside down...now look at the confusion they have put you people.

The Church is infallible in its teachings because Christ has given the Church the Spirit to teach it the truth. That is why you believed that Mark wrote "Mark" and that it was inspired by the Holy Spirit. Because the infallible Church told you so. The Church wrote the New Testament and compiled the Bible and declared it the word of God in the fourth century...and you submitted to their authority.

1Tim 3:15 says the Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth.

That one church that was founded by Christ is the one that compiled the Bible in the fourth century...it is the same one that Luther broke away from in the 16th century to start this confusion...

That one church is the Catholic Church.

Goshen360:

@ italo, kindly mention to us the accurate God's way to interpret so we can add to update plus examine it together.

@ italo,

Is your response above an answer to my question asked?
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 10:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Goshen360:

@ italo,

Is your response above an answer to my question asked?

Yes.
Re: Expository Bible Study Course – Raising Bible Bereans In The Body Of Christ. by italo: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mayowura: Thread's going nice.
We are knowing the fundamentals before going into mission!

I pray HOLY SPIRIT direct us all and block every channel of confusion and arguements IN JESUS NAME,
Amen.

"Confusion?"... Amen. "Argument?" It can be good as long as it is a reasonable tranquil argument and not just filled with hate and bias.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Christians: What Exactly Does Christianity Offer?? / Why Christians Ignorantly Oppose The Theory Of Evolution / Does God Exist Within Or Outside The Universe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.