Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:52 PM

My Recent Trip To Bahrain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Recent Trip To Bahrain (15163 Views)

Toshmann's Recent Trip To Cleveland (pictures) / Traveling To Bahrain - Don't Pay Any Agent. / My Recent Trip To Nigeria By An Internet Blogger: Stated Facts True/false (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2008
I just spent about a week in the tiny gulf Island –state of Bahrain, and I thought I should share my experience.

This was to be to be my first trip to the Middle East & my thinking was that I would meet an extremely intolerant religious regime with burqa-clad women et al . I couldn’t have been further from the truth. The experience really opened my eyes into how these countries are run.

FLIGHT

Since I had to go through Dubai, my Emirates flight path was thus Lagos-Dubai-Manama, the in-flight entertainment has been the best so far, similar to my initial experience with SAA,I had the opportunity over the 2 legs to watch some Oscar –nominated films (which I never had the time to go to cinemas here to watch or was too conscious to buy the pirated DVDs on the streets),like Juno, Michael Clayton, No Country For Old Men, Ratatouille; okay this films are a bit outdated now, note: I ain’t a film person.

BAHRAIN

Its actually a tiny island(other islands like Muharraq join to make up the country), one thing I noticed was that the approach to the airport(located on Muharraq) was largely on water & it almost seemed as if the sea could be viewed from virtually any tall building I got into. angry

English is largely spoken, almost all notices, car plate numbers, signages and adverts are in both English &Arabic. The landscape reminds me of a cross between Abuja and East London. grin grin

Their women are beautiful (when u get to see them cool) and there is a really large immigrant working population, with Indians taking a large chunk this. And I think there exists opportunities for Nigerians in a number of fields, because sadly I didn’t come across one, same cannot be said about Dubai however.

The currency is the Bahraini Dinar (BD) another interesting thing about this region is that their currencies are easily interchanged, you could pay for something in Bahrain with Dubai (UAE) currency Dirhams and get your change in Riyadhs (Saudi currency). I also learnt to write 1-10 in Arabic, simple as ABC wink.

The hotel was great, I only noticed some funny toilet customs; there was this strange looking stuff beside my WC toilet in my hotel room and almost all the urinals at the office had hoses. I also notice used tissues in some urinals later, quite strange, but no probs sad shocked

All in all, though I went for office stuff, it was quite an experience, and it brings to six (6), the number of countries outside Africa that I have either visited or transited; UK, Germany, France, Turkey (transit),UAE(transit),Bahrain.

Cheers
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by illusion2: 7:11pm On Mar 28, 2008
Nice one, thanks for the gist.

Nigerians full Dubai sha !
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Arnold1(m): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2008
Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

Do show some pictures if you have any wink
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by hymen(f): 4:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
This is really nice ,I enjoyed reading,but please which part of the world is this ?
Thanks wink
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by iice(f): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2008
Yes pictures!
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2008
iice:

Yes pictures!
man no get camera jare grin
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by iice(f): 5:00pm On Apr 03, 2008
Dont say that! Haba i wan see pictures tongue
Ok even if na thru camera for phone
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2008
iice:

Dont say that! Haba i wan see pictures tongue
Ok even if na through camera for phone

hmmm. . .maybe his phone got stolen while he was checking out the beautiful women grin
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by chika98: 12:43am On Apr 09, 2008
I sat next to a guy going there 3wks ago . He was going for business. Funny huh?
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2008
chika98:

I sat next to a guy going there 3wks ago . He was going for business. Funny huh?
Funny, . . . . . . .
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
morenike09:

hmmm. . .maybe his phone got stolen while he was checking out the beautiful women  grin
O serious o !

I've been on the road lately.

I only took nighttime pictures from my hotel room with my camera phone & they are larger than 400kb.

Not to worry,I'll be relocating there in a few weeks ,
Cheers,
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2008
Got back here a couple of weeks now,got some pics,more to come

Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2008
A few more

Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2008
more

Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2008
smiley

Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 7:45am On Jun 24, 2008
Finally,util someone makes a comment :

Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by marjson(m): 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2008
Bros,thats not enough, anybody can post that pics you posted.Cos google can definitely search that out.But post us your personal pics in Bahrain, grin
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2008
U wish tongue
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by noblegas2(m): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2009
Jairzinho:

U wish tongue

@ Jairzinho, lol, Nice trip, de Kingdom of Bahrain is indeed beautiful, dont mind some peeps here, afterall u made d trip & u enjoyed i, if i wer u, i wuldnt even post 1 Picture, if anybody does not bliv U, i guess it doesnt affect u in anyway, just play along jare, am in Qatar, hola me wen u com back to Bahrain & lets cruise a lil bit.
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2009
hey noblegas1,I just came across your post,lets get in tch. . . . . I'll email you. wink
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by noblegas2(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2009
Jairzinho:

hey noblegas1,I just came across your post,lets get in tch. . . . . I'll email you. wink
aiite men, ma email is johnny_fleet@yahoo.com
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2009
okay man wink
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by mgbogo: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2009
I may be there in a few weeks time,how is the night life
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by Jairzinho(m): 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2009
Not bad. . . depending on what u looking for wink
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by debokaz(m): 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2009
How can I get visa to qatar or oman?
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by feasy1(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2009
debokaz:

How can I get visa to qatar or oman?

A visit visa right?
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by tunde300us(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2009
Was in qatar some years back,then the airport was just going to be expanded,but u wont believe that we were not allowed in cos they said some Nigerians were caught recently for robbing a bank in qatar and that means all other Nigerians were thieves.
I was so devastated but i know it wasnt the end of my life.U wont believe we were treated like criminals and they were asking if we know how to shoot guns etc and if we were all a gang of thieves from Nigeria,all of us were returned home and since then i have been doin ma stuff here
But i will still like to visit dat country some day
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by ikeyman00(m): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2009
^^^^

did they checked as well to see if u strapped some bomb on shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by tunde300us(m): 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2009
Sure bet they did more than that,some guys luggage were torned apart and the guy only saw it when we got back to lagos.
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by illusion2: 5:59am On Oct 24, 2009
tunde300us:

Was in qatar some years back,then the airport was just going to be expanded,but u wont believe that we were not allowed in cos they said some Nigerians were caught recently for robbing a bank in qatar and that means all other Nigerians were thieves.
I was so devastated but i know it wasnt the end of my life.U wont believe we were treated like criminals and they were asking if we know how to shoot guns etc and if we were all a gang of thieves from Nigeria,all of us were returned home and since then i have been doin ma stuff here
But i will still like to visit dat country some day
Sorry o ! Thats why we need to get an effective government in naija. sad
Re: My Recent Trip To Bahrain by orshybay(m): 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
I am glad to read this post.. I want to visit, but i have initially gathered tat the language is arabic, good to know english is common there. I should process my visit. grin

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Disqualifies 3 Nigerian Airlines From Airlifting Pilgrims To Hajj / 18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.