Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud (17240 Views)

University Of Calabar Retires Professor For Plagiarism / Lagos Demotes 4 Principals, 3 VPs, Others / Oshiomhole Fires 41 School Inspectors, Demotes Principal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
Demotes 10 others

The Governing Council of the University of Calabar has announced the dismissal of five of its academic staff and the demotion of 10 others.

A release issued by the Secretary to the Council and Registrar of the Institution, Dr. (Mrs.) Julia Omang and made available to The Nation in Calabar on Friday, disclosed that four of the dismissed academic staff were involved in plagiarism while one was a case of financial fraud.

The release also added that the 10 academic staff that were demoted chose to publish their works in fake or cloned journals and proceeded to submit same and obtained promotion in the process.

Those that were dismissed for outright plagiarism are, Dr. Azubuike Iloeje and Dr. Maurice Bisong of the Department of English and Literary Studies, Mr. Oden Ubi of the Department of Marketing and Dr. Paulinus Noah of the Department of Linguistics and Communication Studies.

According to the release, Dr. Damian Agom was dismissed for salary overpayment, thereby enriching himself to the tone of N7, 268,044. 95 over a period of 11 months.

The demoted lecturers are – Prof. Udoayang, Dr. Asuquo Akabom, Dr. Sunday Effiong and Dr. C. O. Udoka, all of Accounting Department, Prof. Molinta Enendu Department of Theatre and Media Studies and Dr. E.S.Akpan of Banking and Finance

Also demoted are – Dr. A.I. Afangideh and Dr. Francis Okpiliya of the Department of Geography and Environment Science and Dr. K.B.C Ashipu of the Department of English and Literary Studies.

Professors Udoayang and Enendu were demoted to the rank of senior lecturer, while Dr. Okpiliya, Dr. Afangideh and Dr. Ashipu have now moved down to position of lecturer 1.

Besides their demotion, they are to refund all monies earned from their unmerited promotion and barred from promotion for the next six years, the release stated.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/unical-dismisses-five-lecturers/

3 Likes

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by ogasir2011: 12:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
That goes to show the decadence in our Educational Sector.

And these will be be the same Lecturers that might Victimize Student during their Projects

3 Likes

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by desosa(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
What a shame!!
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by dadicvila(m): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
Kai!!!what a shame....people are getting promoted and some are getting demoted.....not M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ portion.......well kudoz to Unical for not sweeping it under the carpet as many other schools would have done....

Well I don't want to say I am 3rd to comment and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Oga @ the top will say I dint even comment........datz all

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by yemmy19(m): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dis is a real purnishment,it could Ђα̲̅v̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣ been better if our political leaders αяє scrutinize like dis

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by omonija2000(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
plagiarism is a serious offence in academic.lecturers should beware

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by PHIPEX(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Monkey dey work, Baboon dey chop now water don pass garri. Kudos to the Ogas at the top.
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Seeeeeeee: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
so what?
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by chaloner(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
I bliv Nigeria will b great one day
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by honouruy(m): 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
dadicvila: .
hmmmm! Wat more can i say
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by lekzy7(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
it serves dem rite

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Cruxxy(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
This exercise should be extended to all universities in nigeria especially absu

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Baggyshort(m): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
grin This sounds as a warning to other lecturers in other institutions..if not dat d OGA @ the TOP reacted,they would hav been victors...oga @ d Top.==Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by princemolak(m): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
Corruption is everywhere in nigeria,may God help us, but that should teach other lecturers a lesson http://onlinemoneydon.com/need-a-job/
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by illuminaty(m): 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
Of all d names mentioned......na DR E.S akpan aka BUSH swit me pass...d man wus a thorn in my flesh during my project year....we used 2 b good friends bt all of a sudden,d man began 2 hate me witt so much passion.he made me ♓αvﻉ an xtra year.my aunty who works in unical begged him,so did my mum who came down from lagos.....all fell on deaf ears....MR MAN,GOD has reali xposed you.n GOD will continually punish you.you will LIVE 2 see me make it in dis life.mark my words.

8 Likes

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by eagleeye2: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
I believe those guys who go to the Literature section to steal stories will now begin to understand how serious Plagiarism is.
DO NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLES WORK, IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE.
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
illuminaty: Of all d names mentioned......na DR E.S akpan aka BUSH swit me pass...d man wus a thorn in my flesh during my project year....we used 2 b good friends bt all of a sudden,d man began 2 hate me witt so much passion.he made me ♓αvﻉ an xtra year.my aunty who works in unical begged him,so did my mum who came down from lagos.....all fell on deaf ears....MR MAN,GOD has reali xposed you.n GOD will continually punish you.you will LIVE 2 see me make it in dis life.mark my words.

What year did you finish from B/F? Those guys don't know jack! From Udoka, Ubom, Ojong,Bush and Offiong. They are all jokers. I was surprised to see all of them parading doctorate degrees.

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by kollytin(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
All oga at d top dis is what is duly of dem.
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by illuminaty(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
illuminaty: Of all d names mentioned......na DR E.S akpan aka BUSH swit me pass...d man wus a thorn in my flesh during my project year....we used 2 b good friends bt all of a sudden,d man began 2 hate me witt so much passion.he made me ♓αvﻉ an xtra year.my aunty who works in unical begged him,so did my mum who came down from lagos.....all fell on deaf ears....MR MAN,GOD has reali xposed you.n GOD will continually punish you.you will LIVE 2 see me make it in dis life.mark my words.
.minwhile,m done witt service n m looking for a job oooo....nairalanders,mk una hook me up oooo.....lolzzzzz.coughs.."DatsAll"
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by FutureDon(m): 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
This is a good move. Plagiarism is an unpardonable 'sin'. To be honest, majority of lecturers in Nigerian Universities are involved plagiarism (especially the ones who had earned all their degrees in Nigeria, e.g BSc OOU, MSc OOU, PhD OOU).

They usually publish in local kangaroo journals (sometimes W/African journals), yet they make the loudest noise. Apologies to the 'true lecturers' reading this (I've only said majority, and not ALL).

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
I LOVE THIS!!! Lecturers in Universities behave like "Demigods" as if they are not human beings... Mscheeewww

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by liyalla(m): 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
if that is made know to my oga at the top, there are skols that may not hav a lecture in certain departments or even faculty as a result of OVER Plagiarism

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by illuminaty(m): 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dr. Wise:

What year did you finish from B/F? Those guys don't know jack! From Udoka, Ubom, Ojong,Bush and Offiong. They are all jokers. I was surprised to see all of them parading doctorate degrees.
....bosss,as in ehn,UDOKA is d worst of dem all.I wonda hw dey made him HOD during my 2nd year....as for OJONG,if dey don't catch him nw,vry soon,dey will cos he's an INBUILT CRIMINAL...na just MRS offiong mk sense pass...I finished 2011
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by stebell(m): 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
I don't want to say anytin now and my Oga @ de top would come here, see my comment n say anoda tin. Speaking of de devil let me go offline my Oga @ de top is coming
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by kollybay4u: 12:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
Others lecturers beware because my oga at the top is watching you.
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Mospring(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Seeeeeeee: so what?
Gud academic prowl Defence for UNICAL.!!!!

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Valto(m): 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ahh.. the punishment is too harsh
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by chucky234(m): 12:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Can someone somewhere extends this treat to Sanusi,our dear CBN governor who is the most decorated plagiarism expert in the country.
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Burger01(m): 12:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
.. For 'plagiarism'..that's a serious offense. Btw, what of the CBN Governor LSL plagiarism issues? Any decisive action taken against him?.... sad
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
If all that a typical Nigerian professor does is academic robbery, financial crime and sextual harrassment rather than being an authority that epitomise anything Good to humanity. How do they now have the moral ethos, academic alacrity and justification to pass moral instructions in Class, counsel yahoo yahoo guys saturating the campus, Aristo Babe and Cultist. No thanks at all to the generation of penuniary hooliganism will find ourself and the Nigerian government for moralising economic crimes through pardon. Dangote Phd driver keep it up he no easy by brother when u can employ that knowledge to criminality

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
That one legged Udoinyang is the greatest joke ever in the academia. How can that clown be addressed as a professor of Accounting? It is indeed a mockery of that academic title (prof).
Re: UNICAL Sacks 4 Lecturers And Demotes 10 For Plagiarism And Fraud by DonnaJocasta(f): 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Very good,,,,that serves them right,,,,99 days 4d thief,,,1 day 4d owner!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Adamu Adamu Ignores Buhari On Appointment Of Rector For Fed Poly, Offa / JAMB UTME Sweet Sixteen Questions and Answer from all Chapters / Anambra Adopts Saturday As School Day To Replace Monday Over IPOB’s Sit-At-Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.