Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (17055 Views)

FUNAAB Students Write Final Year Exams In Their Secondary School Uniforms / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(funaab) Students Lets Meet Here / FUTA Students Made To Kneel Down By Lecturer (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Johnklein(m): 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
2 Funaab Students Knocked To Death By Jeep
An unidentified lecturer of the Federal University of Agriculture on Friday allegedly crushed two male students of the university with his car at Isolu, about two kilometers to the institution’s permanent site in Alabata, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The incident sparked a riot as students of the institution took to the streets in anger at the killing of their colleagues by the unidentified lecturer. He was said to be driving the Pathfinder jeep that crushed the two undergraduates.

The unidentified lecturer said to be attached to the institution’s Department of Water Resources Management reportedly fled the scene immediately the accident occurred to escape being mobbed by the angry students.

An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity said the driver of the jeep lost control of the vehicle before it rammed into the students, who were walking by the side of the road, killing them on the spot.

Other FUNAAB students allegedly set the SUV ablaze after the driver had escaped and barricaded the roads leading to the university campus.

The students also defied pleas by the policemen deployed in the area not to take the laws into their hands.

FUNAAB Public Relations Officer, Mr. Kola Adepoju who confimed the killing of the two students, said the university had declared Monday, March 18, 2013 as a lecture-free day to mourn the dead students.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the incident on the telephone.

He said the bodies of the victims had been deposited at a mortuary.

http://www.punchng.com/news/funaab-lecturer-crushes-two-students-to-death/
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by olapinto(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Front page plzzzzz
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by segsxpendable(m): 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
mod, front page plzzz...
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by gbolakpine(m): 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Wot a big loss.... Front page
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by iamswizz(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
Gej Again!!!

Front page please.

3 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
So, all ur do is to spread bad news abi I'm sure if it was ur brother dat was d victim, u wouldn't happily post it on nairalnad and still solicit for it to be on frontpage.
Go get a life brethren and stop celebrating mediocrity!

6 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by segsxpendable(m): 11:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
Osumare2013: So, all ur do is to spread bad news abi I'm sure if it was ur brother dat was d victim, u wouldn't happily post it on nairalnad and still solicit for it to be on frontpage.
ure a dumb slow poke....aint dis a social site wher recent info re bin brocasted?? U rili nid 2 wake dat dead brain of urz...*feelin sobs*

13 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by segsxpendable(m): 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
@ mod,front page naau....if na OAU or UI now,it wnt spend xoo long hia oo
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Osumare2013: 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
segs_xpendable:
ure a dumb slow poke....aint dis a social site wher recent info re bin brocasted?? U rili nid 2 wake dat dead brain of urz...*feelin sobs*
There's no cause for insult. Just try to wake up and see dat d news is not something dat u shld be sponsoring. Social network is to spread useful information. I don't know of what use dis info is to d general public.

Now u're begging d mods to move it to front page, for what? So u can hit frontpage and be popular?

Sit down and reason like u were affected!

5 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Tytswagz(m): 8:09am On Mar 16, 2013
tnk God nt evry1 z a moderator...iz it evry news dt shld make front page
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by kaysy(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2013
olapinto: Front page plzzzzz

segs_xpendable: mod, front page plzzz...

gbolakpine: Wot a big loss.... Front page

iamswizz: Gej Again!!!

Front page please.

Please before you ask for a thread to be moved to FrontPage, kindly provide the source of the news
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by johnwizey: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by chiboy11(m): 12:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
What is gud about dis making front page now, all of u shouting front page, do u kno ow many pple died lastnite @ onisha
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by onuwaje(m): 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
From mubi to aluu den to lasu followed by nasarawa now this! And d govt has not done any single thing... Anybody wen kill nigerian students fire burn dem #aluta continua... Rest in peace to d fallen heroes

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by SisiKill1: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Looks like a case of drunk driving.

Will never understand people who think it's okay to drive when they barely walk to the car without stumbling. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by IYANGBALI: 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
iamswizz: Gej Again!!!

Front page please.
very dry joke,my dog can do better

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by dadicvila(m): 12:12pm On Mar 16, 2013
Very unfortunate....may the souls of the students R.I.P.....I hope somehow the state government,the lecturer and the school authorities will join hands and compensate their families
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
....may the soul of the young boys rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by hydiciousb: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
this is really sad....if we talk now Oga at the top go query me. sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Archmed(m): 12:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
Just confirmed the incidence from ma inlaw, a lecturer @ d institution.
May their gentle souls rest in the Lord's bossom

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by fELiscatus: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
What the hell kind of name is 'funaab'? Sounds like a university where they have a lot of fun.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Phrankin(m): 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
Osumare2013: So, all ur do is to spread bad news abi I'm sure if it was ur brother dat was d victim, u wouldn't happily post it on nairalnad and still solicit for it to be on frontpage.
Who is this trying to sound intelligent and deep? so if it was your brother, you'd come running to nairaland to comment huh?
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by ayotolah: 12:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
OMG, this is on nairaland already? It's so sad, so pathethic. I actually know one of the boys in question. D family live across our house, on d same street! We got the news yesterday...Ridwan, so so lovable. Very humble, hightly intelligent, very young...he gained admission into d school in November. Everybody loved him because he was so gentle, intelligent and young. And it's so sad because d family especially was giving their best out of nothing (if you really understand what I mean) to send this poor boy to school...OMG...We got d news yesterday...Ridwan, you'll forever be missed.

3 Likes

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by sureteeboy(m): 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
aaahhh, which kin story be dis??. Dem no die when dem still young
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by scobaba: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
He's a lecturer working in water res mgmnt, yet they say he's 'unidentified'.

Rubbish.

Show me d mudafucker...ah kill him.

1 Like

Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Ace3: 12:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
RIP to the guys.
But why did the students burn the car, was it not an accident?
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by kollybay4u: 12:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
RIP to the guys
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Mospring(m): 12:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
segs_xpendable: @ mod,front page naau....if na OAU or UI now,it wnt spend xoo long hia oo
sad news pls!...
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by gunuvi(m): 12:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ace.:
RIP to the guys.
But why did the students burn the car, was it not an accident?
Haven't u been part of an aluta before? Dem no dey think well before acting.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by pseudonomer: 1:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
A reckless driver, a drunk killed two 100L Students by the road side and you're still asking why the car was burnt. Smh, I wonder if you some of you here gat a heart.
Re: 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep by Okijajuju1(m): 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
[b]For starters... RIP to those students...

Secondly, MOB action again!? For an accident!? Na wah o! Even when the police was deployed to the place, they kept on vandalising things. This is very heart breaking. It's obvious from the reporting that it was an accident. How do you riot over an accident!? This country matter tire me. And it's not unique to these students. My friend just gave a similar account of an accident in Benin where a pregnant woman was killed and said the mob were about to set his car ablaze and they would have if some securi men in the area who saw and recognised him hadnt come out guns blazing to disperse the mob. This attitude has got to stop. This is the result of a failed judiciary system. It is almost as if people no longer believe in the law hence they are now the law unto themselves. That is why hit and runs prevail in Nigeria.

In the early 2000s, my friend was involved in a hit & run case when he killed a man by 5:45am in the morning on his way back from work. Immediately the accident occurred, he stopped and came down to check on the man, only to see a couple of guys with machetes running towards him. He quickly jumped back into his car and raced off with stones flying behind him. Immediately he went to the police station and reported the matter. The Nigerian Police handcuffed him and charged him with murder and hit-and-run despite informing them of his reason for running and coming straight to them. In the end, the Nigerian police connieved with the family to extort money from him. P.S: The man who died was a drunkard that the autopsy report revealed that he was soaked with alcohol as at the time of death.

My take is for this mob action for accident cases to stop. That was one of the reason for which motorists were overjoyed in Rivers State when Okadas were banned, because they had the habit of mobbing and burning the cars of whoever was involved in a road accident with one of them.[/b]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University / Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Strike February 25 / Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.