Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,474 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? (14420 Views)

Co-workers Who Could Sabotage Your Career / " Oga At The Top" Shem Obafaiye Excels in His Core Job / What If You Were In "Oga At The Top's" Shoe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by acidtalk: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2013
I went to a Glo Customer care centre yesterday to make a complain and to my greatest surpeise and dismail, the guy attending to me kept on repeating "Let me go and ask my oga at the top", "don't ask me, go and ask our oga at the top" refering to his colleagues (a male and a female). While the female chukkled a few times, the other guy was obviously irritated and kept on frowning. He didn't utter a word probably because of the few customers around.

Samething thing happened at a GT Bank branch same yesterday. A junir staff came to take some files from her colleague to go delivver to a senior staff upstairs. To my disgust the male staff kept asking "is it the oga at the top that told you to come and take this file?". The obvuiosly irritated and tired female colleague had to audibly ask him if he wasn't tired of repeating same joke all day? The guy was obviously embarrased as even some customers on queue scolded him for not acting like a professional during office hours with such joke.

I just read on another thread on nairaland about how a doctor repeated this same joke to an anxious mother who brought her sick child to the hospital.

My Question is, Shouldn't organizations pass a memo to ban this trending joke during Office house amongst its employees?

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by oluwadare26(m): 8:26am On Mar 16, 2013
Acidtalk, this one na Truetalk..But my comment on this must be base on the opinion of My oga at the top!!!

24 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by acidtalk: 8:37am On Mar 16, 2013
oluwadare26: Acidtalk, this one na Truetalk..But my comment on this must be base on the opinion of My oga at the top!!!

Let us be serious and sincere for once. Even if this joke is said on forums and amongst friends during social gatherings should employees of top organizations (or any organization at all) take such joke to their work place?

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by vedaxcool(m): 9:04am On Mar 16, 2013
I don't want to say onething and my Oga at the top will say another so let me go and ask my oga at the top . . . grin grin

Acid lighten up, this stuff will fizzle out sooner than u think! Or are related to mr. My oga at the top?

12 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by anitank(f): 10:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Its becoming monotonous and flat out boring actually

3 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Maximus85(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk: I went to a Glo Customer care centre yesterday to make a complain and to my greatest surpeise and dismail, the guy attending to me kept on repeating "Let me go and ask my oga at the top", "don't ask me, go and ask our oga at the top" refering to his colleagues (a male and a female). While the female chukkled a few times, the other guy was obviously irritated and kept on frowning. He didn't utter a word probably because of the few customers around.

Samething thing happened at a GT Bank branch same yesterday. A junir staff came to take some files from her colleague to go delivver to a senior staff upstairs. To my disgust the male staff kept asking "is it the oga at the top that told you to come and take this file?". The obvuiosly irritated and tired female colleague had to audibly ask him if he wasn't tired of repeating same joke all day? The guy was obviously embarrased as even some customers on queue scolded him for not acting like a professional during office hours with such joke.

I just read on another thread on nairaland about how a doctor repeated this same joke to an anxious mother who brought her sick child to the hospital.

My Question is, Shouldn't organizations pass a memo to ban this trending joke during Office house amongst its employees?

I read something like that in a multiple website. ww.myOGA@theTOP (clear throat) that's all!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by MajorJ(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk: I went to a Glo Customer care centre yesterday to make a complain and to my greatest surpeise and dismail, the guy attending to me kept on repeating "Let me go and ask my oga at the top", "don't ask me, go and ask our oga at the top" refering to his colleagues (a male and a female). While the female chukkled a few times, the other guy was obviously irritated and kept on frowning. He didn't utter a word probably because of the few customers around.

[img]http://static4.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/3245409+_607d542ff677bf9d97a5c960ab69bdfe.gif[/img]
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by JUO(m): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2013
LOL
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by WizPrince1(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2013
No, they shouldn't be punished because everyone takes it like joke
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2013
no,they shouldnt be punished,its you who should stop giving relevance to it.

4 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 16, 2013
He shouldn't only be punished but should be fired.
Why must he extend his folly to a working environment.
That's unprofessional
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by dridowu: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2013
All work no play make Jack a dull boy.
So my oga at the top is allowed at work place
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2013
When repeated unnecessarily is wrong. But others nothing wrong using that in an office as long as it is necessary. I think one can use "my boss at the top". That's better grin
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 16, 2013
Punished? Seriously?

Like every other joke out there, it'll fade off eventually.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by ichidodo: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2013
Lighten up bro. Its justa rave that will fade with time. But in the meantime have got a game of golf with my Oga At The Top this afternoon.
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2013
Yes they shd be burnt on stake also. Akpamu pesin no go joke again bcox of work abi

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by nbright: 10:16am On Mar 16, 2013
everything has it's expiring date... It will soon fizzle out.

2 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by niyoni: 10:17am On Mar 16, 2013
I wuldn't want to say yes then my oga at d top says no. It really does depend on d opinions of their ogas at d top.....Daz all!!!
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Skii(m): 10:19am On Mar 16, 2013
A little humour here and there is not too much
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2013
-
Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Archmed(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2013
From this post and earlier posts of yours,I can deduce that you are indifferent to this trend of.."my oga at the top"
What you dont know however is that the more u create a thread on it, d more d trend becomes popular.I googled "my oga at the top dis mornin and frm d 1st ten results I got,Nairaland was among d forums that have enormous contribution to it!
Time to go,before my oga @ the top ban me!

3 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by anelka101(m): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2013
The more i hear it the more it annoys me,even on NL,is that man not old enough to be anybody`s father? or how will you fell if he is your dad? its just a sign of imature on thr side of those that still regard it as a joke

5 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by ayobase(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2013
Last time I checked, nothing like "oga" is in the dictionary.....so, it is officially not acceptable!

But, it can be JOKINGLY uttered to ease tension during office hours....a little joke to relax and cool off the brain aint bad.....the man has brought us a slogan that is here to stay, and a slogan just like others, but a decent one for that matter.

Why can't we make use of it sometimes to lighten up a dense atmosphere!

Too much seriousness is DANGERFUL!

7 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Igwe9(m): 10:22am On Mar 16, 2013
Why should they be punished, don't we speak pigin english in our work place? after all, my oga at the top is not the main issue but the drama that surrounded it.

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by amiskurie(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2013

Acidtalk,but u can cook stories o.only u had like 4 experiences.I hail thee!

34 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Zzyzx92(m): 10:23am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

Let us be serious and sincere for once. Even if this joke is said on forums and amongst friends during social gatherings should employees of top organizations (or any organization at all) take such joke to their work place?

go and ask "my oga at the top"!!

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by KINGwax(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2013
acidtalk:

we can't jes get serious like dt without d permission of our O.G at the top. Sebi I try for dt one? Nice modification, Ugh?
amiskurie:
our novelist, acidtalk, is somehow new to u. I guess.
Will u wait till he tells u his germen shephered said so too!!

1 Like

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Zzyzx92(m): 10:25am On Mar 16, 2013
amiskurie:
na wa o...i tink say na only me observe am oo

6 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Zzyzx92(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2013
anelka101: The more i hear it the more it annoys me,even on NL,is that man not old enough to be anybody`s father? or how will you fell if he is your dad? its just a sign of imature on thr side of those that still regard it as a joke
Go and hang yourself at the Top

8 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by albacete(m): 10:28am On Mar 16, 2013

U mean, i should be told what to say and what not to say? Well, lemme kip my comments lest my oga come up with a different one.

#daz all

3 Likes

Re: Should Workers Who Use "My Oga At The Top" Joke During Office Hours Be Punished? by Zzyzx92(m): 10:29am On Mar 16, 2013
candygosh: He shouldn't only be punished but should be fired.
Why must he extend his folly to a working environment.
That's unprofessional
Haba! my lady...dats too harsh..person no fit joke again ni?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Warning Signs That You Won’t Get The Job – And How You Can Fix It / Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers / 5 Signs A New Employee Won't Make It In Your Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.