Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,028 members, 7,803,457 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana (36305 Views)

Video: Ethiopia's Booming Economy - One Of The World's Fastest Growing Economies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by nitrogen(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2013
angry angry angry
Sperm has become one of the hottest commodities being sold in Ghana and many parts of the world. The target market for this new booming venture are couples suffering from male infertility, lesbian couples, and single women who pay huge amounts of money to access it.

“Selling of sperm is gradually becoming the new business frontier booming in Ghana because it has many uses in today’s society: making babies, sperm banks, and putting volume in limp hair in order to make it long,” a medical student at the University of Ghana Medical School, who sold sperm five times to a Fertility Centre in Accra for GH¢10, 000, told Economic Tribune (ET).

The medical student, who gave his name only as Mensah, said even though selling of sperm was a risky business, it was also rewarding as well.

“I use the proceeds from this business to pay my fees and also support my close pals. Who knows how long I will continue? But whatever happens, I know I can look back on many happy families that I have helped to create,” he stated.

Mrs Naomi Suame, a shop owner at East Legon and many parts of Accra, has been married for 15 years and has two children, none of whom biologically belongs to her husband.

“I discovered my husband was infertile when we got married after two years. But I wanted to experience motherhood. I decided to have artificial insemination. I have never cheated on him. I just got sperm from a willing seller and got two healthy babies. Is that not wonderful?” she asked. In the case of Naomi, she got a young man from the University of Cape Coast, paid him GH¢12,000 and took his sperm, which she used twice to get the babies.

“Sperm is one of the scared commodities for many of us. There is a high demand for it and many young men are going into this venture selling their sperm to help others, who needs it for one reason or the other,” Naomi explained.

Investigations conducted by ET revealed that due to the huge capital outlay of the process, women have now devised a way of beating the system by getting donors (sperm sellers) whom they take to the Fertility Centres for harvesting at a cheaper cost and then having the sperm induced in their uteruses.

Outside Ghana

Sperm selling is booming in many parts of the world as well. Recently, a San Francisco man has been named by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for selling his sperm over the internet after helping 14 women become pregnant. The 36-year-old man claims he’s simply providing a free service to women who want to become mothers without going through typical sperm donation process but authorities say he’s a public health hazard. According to media report, Mr Trent Arsenault generously donates his sperm to women he meets on his website, which features multiple pictures of the slender man acting genetically valuable.

The FDA claims that Arsenault is running a business that’s in violation of regulations that require sperm banks to have their donors tested for STIs within seven days of donating sperm. Some fertility experts warn that a man who anonymously fathers 14 or more children could be putting those kids at risk for genetic defects as well as one day meeting and having super gross accidental sibling sex with each other.

In a related development, two men from Reading in UK have been sentenced to nine months imprisonment for illegally selling sperm over the internet. Ricky Gage, 49, and Nigel Woodforth, 43, pocketed £250,000 between October 2007 and November 2008 through their unlicensed website, known as Fertility 1st.

Southwark Crown Court jurors said the culprits were able to charge clients £380 for each sample from anonymous donors. The pair, who ran their website from the basement of Woodforth’s Reading home, promised to ‘fulfill the dreams’ of childless couples, charging them an initial £380 to provide contact details from a list of men on their database. These included descriptions of their ‘height, eye colour, ethnic origin, hobbies and education.’

After selecting a would-be father, the woman would then pay £150 for sperm to be collected and delivered by an independent courier firm. From this payment, the anonymous donor would receive £50. Hundreds of women seeking to conceive used the service in a year-long period between late 2007 and 2008, with police finding a list of 792 sperm deliveries.

Source: http://dadycandoit.com/sperm-selling-business-booming-in-ghana/?goback=.gde_129219_member_221496189

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 16, 2013
angry angry their own don finish!

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
I have 2 gallons to sell.

15 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 17, 2013
wow.

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by iamswizz(m): 11:39am On Mar 17, 2013
4th

Hmmmmmmm..

4 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Policewoman(f): 11:40am On Mar 17, 2013
ABEG I WAN BUY, HOW MUCH??

4 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by babarazy: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2013
Abeg how much for a round if I wan sell my own?
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Minderz(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2013
illitrate: I have 2 gallons to sell.
how sure are u?
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by wazobia55: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2013
chai ugba no nehe ooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2013
I swear solemnly i no fit do dis kain rubbish ... e no make at all ... smh

2 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by finsulyman: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2013
I will sever sell any part of my body

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2013
The FDA claims that Arsenault is running a business that’s in violation of regulations that require sperm banks to have their donors tested for STIs within seven days of donating sperm. Some fertility experts warn that a man who anonymously fathers 14 or more children could be putting those kids at risk for genetic defects as well as one day meeting and having super gross accidental sibling sex with each other

This is some food for thought

2 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2013
Policewoman: ABEG I WAN BUY, HOW MUCH??
werin u wan cawie am do nii ?
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nwogbe: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2013
Now this is serious
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by pekelepekele(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2013
Pros about selling your sperm it is a quicker way of making cash . Secondly it is better than selling your kidney

Cons about it , You will have couple of kids that you don't know they exist and your own personal children can end up marrying your other children you have never met before .

Secondly you are just selling it without knowing what it will really be used for it can end up in the hands of a ritualist and you know what that means

So lets choose ., To me it's just too bad I can't bare having kids I will never meet in person

17 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2013
I trust 9ja Boys, we no dey carry last
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by genxris: 11:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Wow..easy money
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 17, 2013
Is this for real?
Wat is my guy waiting for??

#off to share the news with him#

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by plainmirror(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Hmmmmm,i can Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ an era of artificial mating whr der wud b no nid for SExx.jst buy sperm nd flex @ †нэ comfort of ya home.God help us!

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by rodeo0070(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2013
No address no phone number...
LOL
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by tintingz(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Policewoman: ABEG I WAN BUY, HOW MUCH??
e cost o...and why you need am sef?

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Akpaife(m): 11:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Bt pls make una no vex how d sperm go make them pregnant I wat 2 no
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Kpoxremedy: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2013
This is a very lucrative bus. Ask dem 2 cum 2 naija,there are thousands of men willing 2 transact.
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by TableLeg(m): 11:50am On Mar 17, 2013
Awesome!
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by ezedolar: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Wizee: I trust 9ja Boys, we no dey carry last
You'd be surprised at how they won't give a shiit about it.. we've got morals here dude... lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Wow, this industry is very promising than oil and Gas. Imagine how much China can make if all their males export sperm.

8 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Hey you, read the topic again... its sperm not kerosene sad

25 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Akan(m): 11:53am On Mar 17, 2013
"Sperm is one of the scared commodities for many of us"

Lol sperm don turn from scarce to scared.

2 Likes

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by penzino(m): 11:54am On Mar 17, 2013
Nothing wey we no go see...*clears throat* well I dnt want to say it is good or bad before my oga at the top will say anoda thing!!! Yes.. So.... Dats all

1 Like

Re: Sperm Selling Business Booming In Ghana by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2013
Wannker

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nail Bomb Detonates In Russia Metro Station, 10 Dead, Injuring 50(photos). / Biden And Trump Presidential Election Debate In US Tonight / Somali Knifeman Screamed Allah-Akbar & Chased Residents With A Knife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.