Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again (12213 Views)

Obasanjo Shuns PDP, Jonathan Reconciliation Again / Jang Shuns PDP Reconciliation Committee / Edo Widow Shuns PDP’s N250,000 Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 4:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and his loyalists in the South West PDP are in no mood yet for the party’s peace talks.

Suspended National Secretary of the Party, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, its sacked Deputy National Chairman, South West, Engr. Segun Oni and former governor of Oyo State, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, all loyalists of Obasanjo, shunned a reconciliation meeting scheduled for Ibadan yesterday by the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.
Former Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, though not an Obasanjo supporter, also stayed away from the meeting convened to resolve the crises that have torn the party into shreds in the zone.
The peace talks went ahead nonetheless with Alhaji Tukur pleading with members of the party in the zone to sheathe their swords and join forces to rebuild what remains of the party in the South West.
He urged forgiveness on the part of every member.

He also told them to forget the bitterness of the past to enable them work together, especially in preparation for the 2015 elections.
He said: “It is important to have back the South West, considering its importance in the country, in the economy, politics and education. Politics is not a joke. We do it to get power and use the substance of power to serve our members.
“If you do not acquire power through legal votes, you will not be able to serve diligently those that voted you in.
“If we fail to toe the line, some people will take over our right to govern the states in the South West.
“Let us make it the last time that South West will be under any political party except PDP.”
The Chairman of the Zonal Caretaker Committee, Chief Ishola Filani, had earlier explained that the zone was facing some challenges since it lost the states.
Describing factionalization as the order of the day in the zone, he said it would affect the chances of the party in 2015 election if not checked in time.
He said his committee had been meeting with aggrieved members in the zone.
“We will continue to forge ahead in search of unity, which is necessary to win the election come 2015,” he said.
He assured Tukur that they would continue to justify the confidence reposed in them to win back aggrieved members into the party.

Also speaking, the Minister of State for Defence, Erelu Olusola Obada said PDP members across all the states in the South West now know the advantage of being in power, stressing that they have learnt their lessons.
She said they were ready to reconcile and come together to take back power in the zone in 2015.
The meeting resolved to set up a reconciliation committee headed by former national deputy chairman, Chief Shuaibu Oyedokun, to bring together the aggrieved members in the zone.

Each state is expected to nominate two representatives into the reconciliation committee.
Other notable members of the party in attendance include former Deputy Governor of Osun State, Otunba Iyiola Omisore; former Senate Leader, Hon. Teslim Folarin, Chief Buruji Kasamu; former Osun State Governor, Senator Isiaka Adeleke; former Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose; Chief Tunde Olowofoyeku; Chief Abiola Ogundokun; Senator Lekan Balogun; Garuba Umar and Ambassador Gbenga Olofin.

Others are the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Hon. Adeola Akande; former Minister of Sports, Prof. Taoheed Adedoja; Hon. AJibola Muraina; Alhaji Yekini Adeojo; Deputy Senate Chief Whip, Senator Hosea Agboola; Oyo State Chairman of PDP, Yinka Taiwo; his Ondo State counterpart, Hon. Ebenzer Olu Alabi; Osun State Chairman, Alhaji Ganiyu Olaoluwa and Lagos State Chairman, Hon. Tunji Shelle, among others.

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/03/obasanjo-shuns-pdp-peace-meeting-again.html
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 4:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
One thing is very sure PDP will put their house in order before the Presidential elections of 2015 and will still pull the string that will cede power to them come 2015, this is Nigeria and we know how it is done except Jonathan has performed abysmally....but as it is now, Jonathan will still carry the day, I have no doubt about that for real cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 4:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
By the time GEJ is done with his crude, ultra-divisive and 'throwback' ways, even GEJ will be shouting "vote APC".

21 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:
By the time GEJ is done with his crude, ultra-divisive and 'throwback' ways, even GEJ will be shouting "vote APC".
hmmnn you are here again, how is London?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Is this gonna be the end of PDP in the southwest?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by superior1: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

bruhahhahahha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 4:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
tomakint:
hmmnn you are here again, how is London?

London is fine even as I am not there right now. How is your Isale eko under the bridge dwelling?

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
berem: Is this gonna be the end of PDP in the southwest?

That is why I said what I did. GEJ's ambition has led to a decimation of the PDP in the SW. 'Awon boys' , since politics and 'awoof' is all they know, will have no choice but to begin forming an orderly queue outside Tinubu's Bourdillon home because not one of them, without federal patronage and support behind them, is capable of keeping the PDP alive in the SW now that GEJ and Tukur have more or less cut them off.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

London is fine even as I am not there right now. How is your Isale eko under the bridge dwelling?
I stay in Abuja, I hope you are not living under the bridge whenever you are in Lagos? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

That is why I said what I did. GEJ's ambition has led to a decimation of the PDP in the SW. 'Awon boys' , because politics is all they know, will have no choice but to begin forming an orderly queue outside Tinubu's Bourdillon home because non of them, without federal patronage and support behind them, is capable of keeping the PDP alive in the SW now that GEJ and Tukur have more or less cut them off.
Your political permutation is laughable most times, could it be out of sentiments or some syndromes because the Gbawe I used to know always talks convincingly cool

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
tomakint:
Your political permutation is laughable most times, could it be out of sentiments or some syndromes because the Gbawe I used to know always talks convincingly cool

You are the own with a 'syndrome'. Do you even know any politician to appreciate how vacuously shallow and self-serving many are? We shall wait to see the PDP "reconciliation" you predict. You are the one talking out of sentiments because you don't understand that GEJ, being a very crude politician, has embarrassed and dented the pride/ego of the PDP SW power-brokers. Align that with how, right or wrong, many PDP SW loyalist feel this is a President who has marginalised the region and you will see the naive "reconciliation" you predict is a figment of your biased imagination.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 5:04pm On Mar 16, 2013
tomakint:
I stay in Abuja, I hope you are not living under the bridge whenever you are in Lagos? undecided

Abuja no longer has slums or bridges? Let me guess your response. You stay in a mansion in Asokoro?
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 5:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

You are the own with a 'syndrome'. Do you even know any politician to appreciate how vacuously shallow and self-serving many are? We shall wait to see the PDP "reconciliation" you predict.
Trust me I am not trying to be harsh with the syndrome thing, I have a feeling you've changed somehow I can see the traces of a typically-bent Gbawe! Just speak your mind convincingly nothing do you my brother cool As for my predictions, let's wait and see as we also await yours come 2015, God sparing our lives till then and beyond cool
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 5:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

Abuja no longer has slums or bridges? Let me guess your response. You stay in a mansion in Asokoro?
Stop being a clown Gbawe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by badassnigga(m): 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2013
gud development grin
so oga at d top refused to show up.
gud development grin
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
Coming down to the 4th Republic {since IBB aborted the 3rd Republic of National Republican Convention (NRC) and Social Democratic Party (SDP) of 1991} it must be observed that the Peoples Democratic Party under a Jonathan government is quite different from the Obasanjo-led government where it has to be a do-and-die affair. In the First and Second Republic, two northerners (Tafawa Balewa and Shagari held sway) and were clearly seen as being one-sided, inept and visionless hence the need for the changes that aborted both Republic. This is not the case in Jonathan’s case, his administration has taken it upon itself to execute as many people-oriented policies as possible and even with two years into his government he has shown some political sagacity as a promising government that will deliver at the end of his first term! No matter how hard the oppositions try to hit the camp of Jonathan with propaganda, it is still crystal clear that he (Ebele Goodluck Jonathan) will still carry the day. By 2015, there is every tendency that Nigerians will yearn for JONATHAN again!

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
tomakint:

and you should stop mention a man's Armani boxer shorts if you don't want them to mock your cheap China 'wear-once' underwear. Are you not the one who asked how London is? Take it if you can give it. This is the only reason I talk to mischief-makers like you in a certain way here. You are always the first to start thing only to then be playing victim.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by tomakint: 5:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

and you should stop mention a man's Armani boxer shorts if you don't want them to mock your cheap China 'wear-once' underwear. Are you not the one who asked how London is? Take it if you can give it. This is the only reason I talk to mischief-makers like you in a certain way here. You are always the first to start thing only to then be playing victim.

Seriously, I was not being sarcastic, I actually thought you stay in London!
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by omonnakoda: 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
tomakint:
is that a surrender? I was enjoying myself till you bitched out here. Concentrate and keep up

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by sleekdot(m): 5:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Tinubu must be laffing his asss out

Lets now see how PDP would win in the SW states when their faithfuls are even at loggerheads

How are we sure the SW PDP delegates wont vote against Jonathan at the PDP convention

WHatever it is APC and Tinubu must be sipping champagne right now

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
God forbid someone like Alao akala rule oyo again lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Gbawe2: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2013
tomakint:

Seriously, I was not being sarcastic, I actually thought you stay in London!

And if I do, how does that concern you? Guy, if you must know, London is fine. How is Abuja? You guys just enjoy running your mouth once you identify folks you think are against anything you support.
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by superbloke(m): 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

And if I do, how does that concern you? Guy, if you must know, London is fine. How is Abuja? You guys just enjoy running your mouth once you identify folks you think are against anything you support.
lol. I don't think he meant any harm. Please don't be too hard on him. grin
@topic... Pdp leadership are their own enemies. They've succeeded in turning the little support they had in the SW against them. However, pdp is one party i know can perform one magic or the other to reconcile once elections finally arrive. They've done it several times before.
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Demdem(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
berem: Is this gonna be the end of PDP in the southwest?

SW has tasted the killer party and the experience wasn't palatable. Now they have experiencing the progressives and it has been pleasurable so far. Why do u think they will like to go back to the killer party again?
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by superbloke(m): 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Gbawe.:

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
I was in Egba last weekend...and I sampled my Uncle's opinion on PDP chances of coming back to rule the state..the look on his face said it all. He told me how my friend Ozogula was misbehaving back then and I told him it was one of the reason I kept off Egba during those dark days.

I looked at the names mentioned in that article and can conveniently say that my Uncle will surely have his wish in keeping off the PDP from the SW for a long time to come ...

Only a dreamer will think any state will go PDP...Truth is people of SW don't want to have anything to do with PDP again...and am saying that with all sense of responsibility.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
Why would people be bothered about OBJ. He should be left to enjoy his retirement and make peace with the maker before going 6ft. Only a stupid person will still want to be involved in politics at 75. Its time we think about our lives and how we live. OBJ should be thinking of how he will die.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by omonnakoda: 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Why would people be bothered about OBJ. He should be left to enjoy his retirement and make peace with the maker before going 6ft. Only a stupid person will still want to be involved in politics at 75. Its time we think about our lives and how we live. OBJ should be thinking of how he will die.
so when Zik contested for president at 75 an79 he was silly
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
omonnakoda: so when Zik contested for president at 75 an79 he was silly
Emphatic Yes, no disrespect meant.
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Why would people be bothered about OBJ. He should be left to enjoy his retirement and make peace with the maker before going 6ft. Only a stupid person will still want to be involved in politics at 75. Its time we think about our lives and how we live. OBJ should be thinking of how he will die.

Nonentity like you always talk carelessly like this...but GEJ...Tukur and Anenih sure knows more than you can ever know in 100 life times about OBJ capabilities.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

Nonentity like you always talk carelessly like this...but GEJ...Tukur and Anenih sure knows more than you can ever know in 100 life times about OBJ capabilities.
God Bless You, but I need to inform you that I am no non-entity, I am actually an entity. Regarding OBJ, he should be thinking of What Life is, What Death Is, and what God is. He should steer clear politics, He has nothing more to offer. Its my sincere advise.
Re: Obasanjo Shuns PDP Peace Meeting Again by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Billyonaire: God Bless You, but I need to inform you that I am no non-entity, I am actually an entity. Regarding OBJ, he should be thinking of What Life is, What Death Is, and what God is. He should steer clear politics, He has nothing more to offer. Its my sincere advise.

An who the hell are you offering such advise...Nairaland money man? Heheheheehee ...let Berem get a hold in you!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Speaker House Of Rep Dogara Bows To Pressure, Resigns / Domestic Refinery Owners Support Oil Subsidy Removal – National Chairman / 2023: APC Power Blocs Battle For National Chairmanship Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.