Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,762 members, 7,802,326 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... (32650 Views)

The Romantic Proposal At NYSC Camp By Two Lovely People / Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Which Of These Did You Do At NYSC Orientation Camp? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 17, 2013
ylaa:

OBECHE NA WA OH! WHICH KIND ENGLISH YOU COME BLOW FOR HERE NA? SNAKE YOU SAY SNACK,THEIR YOU SAY THERE. LOL

u dey see

Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by ibiso1986: 9:33am On Mar 17, 2013
Okija_juju:

My dear, the only non venomous snakes are the constrictors like pythons, corn snakes and anacondas. This snake is highly venomous... Thank heavens no one got bitten.

Also, killing it is no biggie as this specie of snake abounds all over Nigeria.
you forgot to mention the BOA constrictor snake.. Though once in a while, a poisonous snake delivers a dry bite(without injecting its venom to a victim)
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by ibiso1986: 9:43am On Mar 17, 2013
Thus, snakes are killed in nigeria cos our hospitals are not equipped with anti venom for different snakes Compared to the western world.. So wen next u see a snake close to ur house, don't hesitate to use the ALUU treatment on it
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by omonnakoda: 10:04am On Mar 17, 2013
50calibre: The government pays no attention to the safety and welfare of students at all. Imagine a dangerous reptile under someone's bed.

Reminds me of my short spell at Futo, the toilets and living facilities were worse than hell, I ran as fast as my feet could carry me.
Are they children?
You must be a "butter" . abeg snakes are all over our country and Adults should know what to do and which types of snakes are edible or not
Na your type go see snake dey phone 999 rubbish!
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by BUSHMAN1: 11:06am On Mar 17, 2013
shocked shocked shocked why are they taking photos of the snake? is the snake a celebrity?

1 Like

Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Abayomi11: 2:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
Glory Be To GOD For HIS Guidance And Protection Upon Your Life...
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Summersland(m): 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Real anaconda movie,jump like ice cube.....It's part of camp moral shaaaaaaa shocked
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by omonnakoda: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
ibiso1986: Thus, snakes are killed in nigeria cos our hospitals are not equipped with anti venom for different snakes Compared to the western world.. So wen next u see a snake close to ur house, don't hesitate to use the ALUU treatment on it
Yes in the western world where they have anitivenom everyone has a pet venomous snake in there home.One day we'll get there
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by blackbeau1(f): 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
Pls @ Op,stop trying to whip public sentiments against NYSC.afterall people see snakes in their house or offices. Who is to blame then? The government? Let's just be thankful you are alive and unhurt
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
Sorryy wrong threadx
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by miracleoscar(m): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2013
This was the same place I did my orientation 8years ago.how time flies.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Gideon360: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
coogar: this is so horrible!
snake was probably resting after swallowing a small mouse. they should have just taken it out of the room and let it stroll away peacefully. the snake wasn't threatening anyone and i doubt it's even venomous. why kill it?

I knw you should be fr Imo state or any south-east state because that is d place where they dont used to kill snakes.
I served in Imo state 2012. I killed many stake inside one female corper in our lodge.

If ua serving in Imo state dont kill Eke-Njaba (Pyton) because is their Father.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ds same kind of snake was killed last year july during our orientation in ds same ikare-akoko camp.d place is damn irritating!
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Abrantie: 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
For the life of me, this NYSC thingy you guys have going on in Nigeria is bs. Yes, I know it is meant to foster unity and understanding amongst your several tribes but me thinks the method is outdated, or needs to be revamped.

One question I'd like to ask your Ogas at the top grin is -- Before NYSC was introduced, compared to today, would they say Nigeria is more united now or less?

1 Like

Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Babamide(m): 11:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
And some would say this is a small snake. Just seeing this picture would make me leave the generator on till daybreak or when Phcn comes.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by jpphilips(m): 5:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
vifald101: I was sleeping on my bed in the male block one when some some other corps members in the main hall were shouting and telling me to jump out of the room.. I thought they weren't serious so I didn't respond instantly, when I saw that the shout was becoming more serious, I quickly wore my cloths and jumped out.. Some of the boiz then went inside the room and brought out the snake dead after some minutes.. I was so scared.. I wonder what our country is turning into.. The safety of corps members aren't even guaranteed.. The toilets are messed up.. We live like prisoners and refugees.. God help us.

serious fumigation is done before camp mobilization, though located in the bush, you hardly see an ant.
i wont be suprised if corruption has embezzled the money for that purpose.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by nicefeeling: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
I saw the snake too but it wasn't as big as it looks in the pix. All d same we Thank God nobody was not hurt. Ikare akoko on point.

Brb, my platoon is doing her match pass, can't miss it!
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by jpphilips(m): 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
oyb:

you fumigate a house in the middle of the bush and you expect it to be effective?

never mind that 90% of this fumigation is 100% fail

our offices are fumigated every month and the rats still multiply

NYSC fumigation during our own time was no joke, i could rem. asking a friend why not even an ant could survive. they burn a reasonable perimeter of the bush before the actual fumigation.
about your office, i have a first hand experience on that. do you use fumigation contractors??

the contractors tone down the conc. of the active ingredient to maximize profit, that way they remain in buisness.

there was one that sent us a quote for the exercise and there was this chemical he quoted very high.

phementrine or so, dunno if i got the spelling right. in the quote he charged us for 12% w/w of that chemical , after the job, the insects multiplied.

the next month we called him again while mixing the concoction i asked him to do it in my office, trust me i had to endure a serious pungent odour.

i asked him to leave me a sample, after serious hesitations he agreed, when the lab guys sent in the analysis report the so called active ingredient was 0.05%w/w against the 12% i paid for.

your fumigation contractor is a thief. they abound in ph. you really need to mark them closely before they deliver.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Fhemmmy: 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
jp philips:

NYSC fumigation during our own time was no joke, i could rem. asking a friend why not even an ant could survive. they burn a reasonable perimeter of the bush before the actual fumigation.
about your office, i have a first hand experience on that. do you use fumigation contractors??

the contractors tone down the conc. of the active ingredient to maximize profit, that way they remain in buisness.

there was one that sent us a quote for the exercise and there was this chemical he quoted very high.

phementrine or so, dunno if i got the spelling right. in the quote he charged us for 12% w/w of that chemical , after the job, the insects multiplied.

the next month we called him again while mixing the concoction i asked him to do it in my office, trust me i had to endure a serious pungent odour.

i asked him to leave me a sample, after serious hesitations he agreed, when the lab guys sent in the analysis report the so called active ingredient was 0.05%w/w against the 12% i paid for.

your fumigation contractor is a thief. they abound in ph. you really need to mark them closely before they deliver.

Any inspection done before sending the sons and daughters of Nigerians, the future leaders into such environment?
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by jpphilips(m): 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Any inspection done before sending the sons and daughters of Nigerians, the future leaders into such environment?

that is why its a camp not a VIP lounge
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Fhemmmy: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
jp philips:

that is why its a camp not a VIP lounge

Being a camp do not mean that the life of the people going there should not be protected . . . it is not supposed to be a suicidal mission
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Abrantie: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Being a camp do not mean that the life of the people going there should not be protected . . . it is not supposed to be a suicidal mission
Exactly! I think the objective or goal has been lost. Sometime way back, may be several years ago, NYSC devolved into a military survival training course or Boys & Girls Scouts on steroids.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Fhemmmy: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Abrantie:
Exactly! I think the objective or goal has been lost. Sometime way back, may be several years ago, NYSC devolved into a military survival training course or Boys & Girls Scouts on steroids.

Something like that . . .
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Ehizario(m): 1:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
nicefeeling: I saw the snake too but it wasn't as big as it looks in the pix. All d same we Thank God nobody was not hurt. Ikare akoko on point.

Brb, my platoon is doing her match pass, can't miss it!

nicefeeling, abi na block 1 u dey?? Na me dey 2nd bunk beside d door, east side.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by John1305(m): 7:54am On Apr 23, 2013
I witnessed this too, I remember this guy was sleeping in the hostel while others were try to carry out 'environmental sanitation', it was the shovels and cutlasses that was used to kill the snake, Seriously, I felt like stoning this guy as he laid on the bed, after hearing that there was a snake under him. The longer it took him to realize we were not joking the harder it was for us to trace the snake.. (Thanks to the weapons of snake destruction he saw us carrying (stone, sticks and even a shovel).
One wonderful corps member even said I was shouting too much ( aah 'smh').

Eventually the snake was killed and brought out, all this obs people con de form journalist o, de ask questions like, ...'What's the dimension of the snake?..

Anyway it was all fun, may I use this chance to hail every survivor of that Ikare Akoko, especially if you were in Male block 1, Batch 13A..

Thing could have been better, besides the snakes in camp saga (about 4 snakes were killed actually, which I saw, don't ask me how), there was also a saga of the bees on camp, which started from male block 1..'Smh'.
Abeg o, make next batch no suffer the same things o..
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
Fear de catch me oh...
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by John1305(m): 2:14pm On Aug 21, 2013
daz_york: Fear de catch me oh...
I assume you are a batch B posted there.. Right?
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by jayeola391(m): 6:12am On Nov 16, 2013
vifald101: I was sleeping on my bed in the male block one when some some other corps members in the main hall were shouting and telling me to jump out of the room.. I thought they weren't serious so I didn't respond instantly, when I saw that the shout was becoming more serious, I quickly wore my cloths and jumped out.. Some of the boiz then went inside the room and brought out the snake dead after some minutes.. I was so scared.. I wonder what our country is turning into.. The safety of corps members aren't even guaranteed.. The toilets are messed up.. We live like prisoners and refugees.. God help us.
Re: Snake Killed Under My Bed At Nysc Orientation Camp, Ikare-akoko, Ondo-state... by free2ryhme: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2013
why make a fuss about this snake thing

many NYSC camps and corper lodges environs have snakes creeping around..

I served in gubio Borno state. I killed two snakes in one day> there is this one time i killed a snake under my flat foam not metal or wooden bed, the snake was hiding behind my head beneath the foam unknown to me .. Just thank God it was killed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C14 TARABA STATE Let's Meet Here / Father Of Late Corper, Ifedolapo Oladepo Drags FG, NYSC To Court, Demands N100m / Corper Serving In Kebbi Dies Of Anaemia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.