Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. (4622 Views)

How To Unlock Multilinks Evdo Modem To Work With Mtn Network / Surf The Net Without Using Mtn Data Card/evdo / Hp Pavilion Laptop Dv6700 With Starcomms Evdo Data Card: Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by Suntemi(m): 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2008
Hello Nairalanders, I just got Visafone Evdo USB modem. So I want to share the connection with 2 other computers but I don't know how to go about it. B'cos it seems the method of doing this is different from that of ethernet connection. Any suggestion is welcome.
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by dayooye(m): 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2008
go yo ur network connections under the control panel, you will see a dialer relating to your visafone modem, click on the connection then go to properties then advance settings, when you get to that place tick share internet connections.ok or better still contact me on my mesanger oyeniyioladayo@yahoo.com
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by DoubleN(m): 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2008
Go to your Network Connections,You will see the modem. Right click on the modem to go to properties and Click on advanced.Check the 2 boxes that say allow other users to share this computers internet connection and the one that says allow other users to control this computers internet connection. Automatically the IP address of your Ethernet card will change to 192.168.0.1. Connect the 2 computers using a crossover cable(Very important)!. Then on the client Pc set the IP address to 192.168.0.2 or any other so far they are in the same subnet, and assign the default gateway and DNS Server as 192.168.0.1. This would make the client computer browse through the host. Hit me back in case you do not understand but this should do the job. cool
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by texazzpete(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2008
If you've got a PC with a wireless card (ideally a laptop) you can simply create a wireless Adhoc network, turn on Internet Connection Sharing and connect via wireless.

Sorry my piece i rather rushed, but i'm outa time!
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by mmonwuba(m): 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
if u have a bluetooth + wireless, u would be asked to select between the blueethooth, wireless or lan, select the one of ur choice, if u are using wireless, create an adhoc connection in your wireless profile. that would do the job. make sure the clients are on obtain ip addy automatically. this would do the job
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by exboy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 28, 2008
hi techies, nairalanders are just too much. the replies so far are right. I ve bin using glo's 3g+ to browse and i conveniently share wit two other laptops. even my inlaw that uses starcomms evdo, all we did was to share the internet connection and create an adhoc peer to peer network. so put on any laptop and bingo, its browsing as soon as its connected to the wireless. the stuff's so exciting as its real. but i dont know and what i want to find out from you guys is if there is any limit to the number of laptops that can be browsing at same time with one gateway i.e the main laptop that is connected to the net. Thanks
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by Suntemi(m): 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2008
Thx for all your respond, I will do according to what u guyz suggested. I'm thinking of using wired lan to connect the computers.
Thx so much, U're d best,
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by Saddam: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2008
@sun_temi

Hw is the Visa Fone connection speed
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by McOmo(m): 1:49am On Mar 31, 2008
and whats the coverage like moreso how affordable is it , equipment et al

express cards available undecided
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by hayprof(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2008
@ poster, What's your Max speed.
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by mmonwuba(m): 3:10pm On Mar 31, 2008
the poster has forgotten his blog. There is no limit to d no of systems, the only thing is ur bandwidth consideration!
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by hayprof(m): 3:49pm On Mar 31, 2008
mmonwuba:

the poster has forgotten his blog. There is no limit to d no of systems, the only thing is your bandwidth consideration!

I hope not. . tongue
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by tobs(m): 6:04am On Apr 01, 2008
@all. . . .how much is the visafone EVDO and wats there connection and download speed
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by kioboy(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2008
@all

Hi gud guys in the house, is it possible to use STARCOMM EVDO card on HP PAVILION pls. they said is not compatible
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by Maleeq(m): 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2008
@kioboy

If you are talking about using the PCMCIA EVDO cards, then not all HP Pavillion Laptops have this [PCMCIA] expansion slots anymore. It has been replaced with the newer Express slot standard, which is not directly compatible with the PCMCIA standard. . .the EVDO card wont fit into it.

Confirm the type of expansion slot or post your model # here so we could check the specs out for you.

Worst case, if your laptop has the express slots, then get a PCMCIA - to - Express slot converter. I know its available but don't know the cost.

Cheers!
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by Suntemi(m): 11:25am On Apr 02, 2008
mmonwuba link=topic=122805.msg2108680#msg2108680 date=1206972625]
the poster has forgotten his blog. There is no limit to d no of systems, the only thing is your bandwidth consideration!
[/quote]
I have not forgotten. Alright?

[quote author=Saddam:

@sun_temi

Hw is the Visa Fone connection speed

To be sincere, the speed is worth the investment. I do watch videos and listen to music without it buffering. The speed has been great so far. Maybe it because there is no congestion for now. But the bottom line is dat the speed is very great.
Mc Omo:

and whats the coverage like moreso how affordable is it , equipment et al

express cards available undecided

The modem I got was 25k and I subscribe for the Gold Package and dat cost me additional 10k for 8am to 9pm daily. All amounts to 35k. I got this at their office at Saka Tinubu. The modem is so small u can even put in your pocket. Its the USB type ( AnyData's EVDO USB Modem). About the coverage I was told at their office that they've covered every part of Lagos.
hayprof:

@ poster, What's your Max speed.

As I've said early the speed is great, while downloading, It has never get lower than 8kbps. But it usually btw 16kbps and 25kbps.

Hope I've been able to answer your questions?

Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by McOmo(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2008
nice one bro wink
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by DoubleN(m): 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2008
Men that's a good one especially with the small USB modem so convenient to carry around. Can you find out the actual download speed?, it won't be a bad idea to let us know.
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by kioboy(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
@maleeq

thanks man for ur kind assistance, the model is HP pavilion DV6536EN, pls let me know if this info is the right one you ask, i will be grateful if i can get the PCMCIA - to - Express slot converter price and where to buy it.
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by kioboy(m): 7:06am On Apr 20, 2008
@maleeq
still expecting your reply?
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by mufasa(m): 11:02am On Dec 07, 2008
i don dey try connect my 2 laptops via adhoc. they are both running vista. the laptop sees each other but i just cant share the files or the internet connection. its so frustrating. abeg i need help.
Re: Help! Want To Share Evdo Connection. by krama(m): 2:43pm On Dec 07, 2008
Two thumps up to you guys! I'll be back to read in details whenever i want to share. . .

(1) (Reply)

Hp Envy M6 For Sale (SOLD)!!! / FRESH US USED DELL INSPIRON 5559 — SOLD / Mint Condition US Used Laptops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.