Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House (19205 Views)

Peter Nwaoboshi Buries His Father In Delta (pics) / "Tell Wike That I Will Attend Night Club In His Village"- Amaechi Vows. See Pics / Ladies Struggling To Take A Selfie With Osinbajo (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 17, 2013
I am struggling to build my village house –Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said he is struggling to build his house in his Otuoke village, Bayelsa State.

He said he might give out the house before he dies if he found out that his children are not ready to live in the village.

Jonathan spoke in Lagos at a fund-raiser for St. Stephens Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre, Otuoke.

He said, “We are all mortal beings, we are all biological specimen so we will all die but when we die, what will we be remembered for, what will we leave behind?

“I use to tell people that even the house I am struggling to build in the village, these days in this global age, how am I sure that my children will even stay in my root. They want to go to West Indies, they want to go to Latin America.

“So, I was even joking with people that if I look at the behaviour of my children and if I don’t see any of them that will patronise the village, I will donate my house before I die.”

The President urged wealthy Nigerians to make meaningful contributions to the development of poor communities in the country in order to better the lives of the youth and empower them to make useful contributions towards national development.

He said the project for the St. Stephens Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre was dear to him because he wanted to make sure that the younger generation passed through a better system of education different from the one he experienced while growing up.

“I feel the only thing I can do is to make sure that from nursery school to primary and secondary school, there should be a standard educational facility and youth programme, so that it gives opportunity for the younger ones to grow. Even if we die in the next 100 years, people will remember that those before them have something for them,” he said.

Present at the occasion were Chairman of Visafone, Jim Ovia; Chairman Capital oil, Chief Ifeanyi Uba; Chairman of A-Z Oil, Chika Okafor, Chairman Arik Air, Joseph Arumemi–Ikhide, Oba Otudeko and Tony Elumelu.

Also present were Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Tunde Lemo, ministers, senators, members of the House of Representatives and prominent indigenes of Otuoke.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-am-struggling-to-build-my-village-house-jonathan/
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by musiwa21: 4:15am On Mar 17, 2013
that is a lie... i saw the picture of his properties that why i said his house is bigger than the benin airport. i also know some of the properties he owns..

he is richer than obama.

goodluck salary in one year, buys a very large house in canada all paid for. even a senator salary pays for a house in a year 100%

the salary of the nigeria president and everything attach to it. is more than $2 million a years. .. his income as president of nigeria can buy 3 houses in canada.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 4:20am On Mar 17, 2013
Musiwa can u show us the picture of his house. Until then hold your peace.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by EkoIle1: 4:27am On Mar 17, 2013
This Retardeen assholle sure sabi shittt on people's intelligence...

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by musiwa21: 4:30am On Mar 17, 2013
google goodluck house

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by SlyIg(f): 5:22am On Mar 17, 2013
Even my presido's kids aren't ready to live in their papa's country town! WTF!
Oga Jona, thats one of the reasons you should make this country better for human lives even without consulting another oga at the top.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Zonacom(m): 5:54am On Mar 17, 2013
Eko Ile: This Retardeen assholle sure sabi shittt on people's intelligence...

though gej misyarns some times but its not enough for you to display your foolishness

23 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 17, 2013
Which one of the houses? angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 17, 2013
The one that was bombed or another one?
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by takedat(m): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Na today? GEJ wears lies as a badge of honor!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 17, 2013
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/flood-my-personal-house-now-under-water-jonathan/

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday while commending development partners and organisations that have so far responded to the cries for help by Nigeria, to rehabilitate her citizens affected by the flood, has disclosed that his personal house in Otuoke that was initially spared, has been submerged by flood.
“Nigeria is so devastated by the flood. Sometimes when you watch on television, you do not appreciate what we are going through. I travelled from North to South and on Sunday I was in my village after touring my state. I left my village on Sunday morning and as at that time water was about entering my compound. As at this morning the information is that my house up to the windows level is under water,” he said.
Speaking at the official launching of save one million lives, A United Nations Commission on Life Saving Commodities for Women and Children at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Jonathan said: “So, you can see what people are passing through within this period. But with the assistance the development partners will give us and people who are in the humanitarian sector, we will soon get over it.”
Meanwhile, the Dickens Sanomi Foundation yesterday disclosed that after five days of rescue operations in various parts of Delta and Bayelsa states, it had successfully evacuated about 12,300 flood victims from danger-prone areas.
The Foundation, which had called on the state governments to establish more camps with adequate security, said it was overwhelmed by the situation on ground, insisting that unless more camps and enhanced security were set up, human catastrophe looms, as the rising water level continues to sack more communities and villages.
The Coordinator of “Project Rescue 10,000 Flood Victims in Delta and Bayelsa states” of the Dickens Sanomi Foundation, Daniel Idonor, said the 15-man team of experts and professional socials workers had visited 42 communities.
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 17, 2013
http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=9932

Niger Delta militants in the early hours of Wednesday went on rampage bombing the private residence of Vice President-elect and Governor of Bayelsa State, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan at Otouke, in the Ogbia Local Government Area of Bayelsa State. They similarly bombed the local government divisional police headquarters, killing four policemen.

The incident took place as military personnel gathered in Yenagoa for a three-day capacity building workshop organized by the Ministry of Defence for Defence correspondents.
According to eye-witness accounts, the militants stormed Otouke about 1a.m. in five speed boats and anchored at Jonathan’s residence overlooking the waterside.
While still in their boats, the militants were said to have thrown an object suspected to be grenade, which exploded and destroyed part of the house.

The sound of the explosion attracted the policemen on duty to the waterside, while relatives of Jonathan sleeping in the house rushed out and scampered for safety.
The militants were said to have come down and gained access into the house but they were confronted by the policemen who shot at them.
In the ensuing gun battle, a police corporal was shot dead while others unable to match the superior gunfire of the militants escaped.

The police corporal whose name is yet to be ascertained, was only posted to Ogbia on Sunday and reported for duty at Jonathan’s house on Monday.
The militants having a field day again threw dynamite into the building and exploded another one at the police post.
Investigations revealed that they moved into the town shooting sporadically and daring the villagers to come out.

After wreaking havoc in Otouke, they proceeded to Ogbia town where they attacked the divisional headquarters. But the dynamite they threw could not have maximum impact as the policemen on duty fought gallantly to prevent them from entering the fenced building.
The militants, however, engaged them in a gun duel and killed three policemen before they went back to the Ogbia waterside and sped off.

When Daily Sun got to Otouke, billows of smoke covered the building as relatives and sympathizers were helping in the evacuation of the personal effects of Jonathan’s family to a hotel believed to be owned by the wife.

Early callers at the village to ascertain the level of damage was the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Julian Okpaleke, the senators-elect for Bayelsa Central and East senatorial districts, Chiefs Emmanuel Paulker and Nimi Amange. Others were the paramount ruler of Opume, Amarate Jonny Turner and the Special Adviser to Jonathan on security matters, Major Andrew Oputa.
A disturbed Okpaleke condemned the act, explaining that the same group that carried out the attack in Otuoke also attacked the police headquarters in Ogbia.

He vowed that the police would unravel those behind the dastardly act.
But Jonathan has described the incident as a minor incident which had political undertones.
A calm Jonathan speaking to journalists at the opening ceremony of the workshop for Defence correspondents said the incident was part of the sacrifices he had to pay for the sustenance of democracy.

Also, the President of the Ijaw National Congress, INC, Prof Kimse Okoko, in an interview condemned the attack, noting that it was regrettable.
"All I can say is that it is most unfortunate and regrettable. It is completely uncalled for," he said.
Security has been beefed up around Jonathan as military men attached to the Joint Task Force have been drafted to join his security. Security has also been beefed up around his private residence at Nikton Road, Yenagoa.

As of the time of filling this report no militant group had taken responsibility of the action.
Jonathan who was later conducted round the damaged building by the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Julian Okpaleke said those who carried out the attack could not be said to be fighting for the struggle of the Niger Delta.

He wondered why some people could be aggrieved at his election as the vice president, noting that he is there because the people have confidence in him.
"I have been deputy governor for six and half years before being governor and the people said I should be vice president because of the trust they have in me. If these people do not believe in somebody that does not loot, who they want to believe in?" he added.

Jonathan said the motive of the militants for attacking the divisional police headquarters in Ogbia was to steal arms to further carry out their activities.
He condoled with families of those who lost their lives, promising that government would bring to book all those involved in the dastardly act.
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by musiwa20: 7:47am On Mar 17, 2013
Goodluck own and decleared N200 million including properties.
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by kokoA(m): 7:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Why is he telling the whole world? Is that an indirect way begging for donations towards the president's house?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Oga Jona I understand you but I wonder why others dont. Nairalanders dont you all know that he is just trying to indirectly tell us to bring out money directly from our pockets so he does not spend tax-payers hard earned money building his 500 bed room flat? grin tongue
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by maasoap(m): 7:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Now, I understand why he was eager to declare his assets publicly. Clueless man that wreaks of corruption.
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by MrGarri1: 7:54am On Mar 17, 2013
GEJ is‎​ and remains a BLOODY LIAR!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/71305/details-goodluck-jonathans-assets

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

struggling true true

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Gamji007: 8:05am On Mar 17, 2013
The retardeen is at it again. cheesy cheesy cheesy

He wants to claim Mr.Humble so that he ll be praised like Gen. Buhari who "struggled" to build his houses.
This retardeen sabi carry people head play.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Coldfaya(m): 8:36am On Mar 17, 2013
I hate to say this Mr. President, but its obvious n has been proven beyound reasonable doubt by u urself that u r a big phat liar. Shuooo......who is mumu oga Joe. Y not just keep mum for somethings now instead of. Opening avenues for ppl to insult u d more. Wtf

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by ypzilanti: 8:46am On Mar 17, 2013
2iic: Musiwa can u show us the picture of his house. Until then hold your peace.

He does not have to. Just GEJs legal salary and entitlements are enough to buy many buildings. Plus we all know about the usual the kickbacks...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by ypzilanti: 8:50am On Mar 17, 2013
Who is he kidding? from @oyb's post, he already declared a house in his village valued at N18m in his last asset declaration form.
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Hmmm! How funny. This man never ceases to amaze me. 1 billion naira for feeding and 4 billion for the first lady's office and oga jona you are still struggling to complete your house in d villa. SMH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Walexz02(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2013
WTF!
Why is this man always like this(spewing gabbage) from his а$$ ? Why does he like kidding his self? Yestarday he was shoeless,2day he is homeless....lol! What a president of a country.cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by taharqa: 9:02am On Mar 17, 2013
ypzilanti: Who is he kidding? from @oyb's post, he already declared a house in his village valued at N18m in his last asset declaration form.
In 2007. Bw then and now, hasn't d country house bn virtuali destroyd by Militants Bombs or is it even, floors?
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by taharqa: 9:09am On Mar 17, 2013
Walexz02: WTF!
Why is this man always like this(spewing gabbage) from his а$$ ? Why does he like kidding his self? Yestarday he was shoeless,2day he is homeless....lol! What a president of a country.cheesy
Bros, are you talking about yr Father dis way? You are just too damn disrespectful. Your own Father again, who gave life to you? Haba! He does spew Gabbage from his azzz now; he usuali does so from his mouth. Plz, shld sm respect.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 17, 2013
taharqa: In 2007. Bw then and now, hasn't d country house bn virtuali destroyd by Militants Bombs or is it even, floors?

President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday said he is struggling to build his house in his Otuoke village, Bayelsa State.

He said he might give out the house before he dies if he found out that his children are not ready to live in the village.

Jonathan spoke in Lagos at a fund-raiser for St. Stephens Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre, Otuoke.

He said, “We are all mortal beings, we are all biological specimen so we will all die but when we die, what will we be remembered for, what will we leave behind?

I use to tell people that even the house I am struggling to build in the village, these days in this global age, how am I sure that my children will even stay in my root. They want to go to West Indies, they want to go to Latin America.

“So, I was even joking with people that if I look at the behaviour of my children and if I don’t see any of them that will patronise the village, I will donate my house before I die.”

The President urged wealthy Nigerians to make meaningful contributions to the development of poor communities in the country in order to better the lives of the youth and empower them to make useful contributions towards national development.

He said the project for the St. Stephens Anglican Deanery and Youth Development Centre was dear to him because he wanted to make sure that the younger generation passed through a better system of education different from the one he experienced while growing up.

“I feel the only thing I can do is to make sure that from nursery school to primary and secondary school, there should be a standard educational facility and youth programme, so that it gives opportunity for the younger ones to grow. Even if we die in the next 100 years, people will remember that those before them have something for them,” he said.

Present at the occasion were Chairman of Visafone, Jim Ovia; Chairman Capital oil, Chief Ifeanyi Uba; Chairman of A-Z Oil, Chika Okafor, Chairman Arik Air, Joseph Arumemi–Ikhide, Oba Otudeko and Tony Elumelu.

Also present were Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Tunde Lemo, ministers, senators, members of the House of Representatives and prominent indigenes of Otuoke.

better read again, desperate liar , or do you need the liar at the top's permission before you can comprehend?

the man has 3 buildings in yenagoa

the man did not say, i am struggling to repair my house - he said i am struggling to build my house

maybe he wants to build a 500 million naira house this time around

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by lacasa: 9:27am On Mar 17, 2013
Politicians take the rest of the 97% as fools.

#.. We make noise and move on. Then they steal again.

angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by taharqa: 9:30am On Mar 17, 2013
oyb:

better read again, desperate liar , or do you need the liar at the top's permission before you can comprehend?

the man has 3 buildings in yenagoa

the man did not say, i am struggling to repair my house - he said i am struggling to build my house

maybe he wants to build a 500 million naira house this time around
So when a house has bn destroyd by bomb or by floors, its wrong Vocab to say 'i want to build it'?? .... Anyways, I am NOT interestd in d least wheda d President is Building/Rebuilding his country house in d village. That's what every sane person does or aspires to. I was only asking smone a questn for d sake of clarity..
Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by RICHIEBOI1(m): 9:46am On Mar 17, 2013
Isn't dis suppose to be GEJ's house in otuoke?

Re: Jonathan "Struggling To Build" His Village House by Clerverly: 9:48am On Mar 17, 2013
Comedy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wuraola House In Ikeja Engulfed By Fire (photos) / Photos From Burial Of Francis Mobolaji Odesanya, Late Rivers Police Commissioner / PDP Warns INEC Over Moves To Bend Rules For APC In Zamfara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.