Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,149 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:14 AM

Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery (23657 Views)

How Do I Kill This Appetite Without Commiting Adultery Or Sin? / Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery In Jos / Can A Husband Forgive Wife Caught In Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by doofanc: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2013
Abuja Club Where Members Pay N100,000 Fine For Adultery

•3 already caught

By ROMANUS UGWU

In Abuja, adultery among men is actionable and dear. Men that belong to a social circle in the city are now more wary than ever about adultery because their circle criminalises the act and whoever commits, is liable to a fine of N100,000. The meaning is that if you don’t want to incur their wrath or can ill afford N100,000 to drop for the act, please, do stay afar.

The Aso Country Club is out to re-invent stronger and more peaceful family ties among the members, therefore it has defined punishment for adulterers. But you may ask how they arrive at conviction for any accused before the one should be found guilty as to pay the fine?

They agree that adultery is a big menace to marriages, therefore, a way to take away the threat to family is by clamping down on guilty members with the N100,000 fine. It might surprise you that majority of the members of the club are middle-aged men and even men with very young families.

But they are resolute on waging a fierce war against the biggest threat to marriages, launching in a commando fashion, an operation to restore sanity and family ideals.

The pioneer chairman of the club, Chidiebere Ogbaji Ferguson told Abuja Metro that the campaign to checkmate adultery, the greatest attack on families, from spreading like wild fire, wrecking havoc and crumbling many marriages, is the motive behind forming the club and its resolution of N100,000 fine.

The club after its maiden investiture vowed to wrestle the menace of adultery to submission. He said: “We have read about so many divorce cases in FCT. Many close-knit families in the past are today operated by single parents.

We discovered that the social factor of this city is influencing not only marriages but also families. We decided to use the club to sustain marriages, deep relationship among people that found themselves under the same roof as spouses.

“We formed the club to advance deep interpersonal relationship among us, promote good and healthy lifestyle, realize our roles as husbands and heads of our families. Ferguson, the CEO of Home Mall noted that: “We have stood stoutly, with our rules and regulations, against any member going the wrong way, abandoning his family and allowing adultery to tear his marriage apart.

As I speak to you, two to three persons have paid N100,000 fine each while others have decided not to throw away such amount of money by involving themselves in any proven case of adultery that threatens their marriages.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/specials/abuja-club-where-members-pay-n100000-fine-for-adultery/

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by doofanc: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2013
As I speak to you, two to three persons have paid N100,000 fine each while others have decided not to throw away such amount of money by involving themselves in any proven case of adultery that threatens their marriages.

We certainly need more of these clubs. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 17, 2013
Just 100k for those big men? They even buy cars for their chicks. U've got to be kidding me.

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Amya(f): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
What is the proof of adultery?

**will both parties be caught red-handed? (Which is almost impossible)

**will the man confess?

One of the reasons why adultery is not actionable in court is just for the simple fact that it's one of those things that cannot be proven without a reasonable doubt except when those involved are caught in the act.

That law in the club is kinda pointless. In a situation where a member refuses to pay, what's the worst that could happen?

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by doofanc: 5:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
^Abuja is actually a small city, so it would be easy for to d club to have agents in major hotels, where the acts usually take place, to monitor their members since most cases of adultery rarely take place at home.

Those who refuse to pay will be asked to leave the club.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by doofanc: 6:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
^Abuja is actually a small city, so it would be easy for to d club to have agents in major hotels, where the acts usually take place, to monitor their members since most cases of adultery rarely take place at home.

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by vanbonattel: 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
doofanc: ^Abuja is actually a small city, so it would be easy for to d club to have agents in major hotels, where the acts usually take place, to monitor their members since most cases of adultery rarely take place at home.

Abuja is a small city?
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by baby124: 4:55am On Mar 18, 2013
Sounds like the makings of a scam. undecided
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
Scam. Scam Scam Alert!
They have their plans.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by HAH: 1:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Rubbish what is 100k the penalty should be castration, then by next year we will see how many members are left.

#publicity stunt

1 Like

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Donmeca(m): 1:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nonsense Peoples'Club! Who monitors members to know when they commit adultery? Do they just come for confession after a heavy sermon by the club priest? Or does d club aim to break homes by accepting allegations from members' wives and then proceed to fine the reported members?
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by rose002(m): 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
coolAt last 1st to comment,Abuja Lions's Den grin
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
I.e The "Episodes" they become aware of.

Like their members would commit adultery and confess. . . undecided

Good Initiative though.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by rose002(m): 1:38pm On Mar 18, 2013
cheesy Am feeln my groove mennnnnnnn lipsrsealed I knw all of dem
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by gabinogem(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
Why are nigerians so gullible & naive... This is obviously another way for the rich to flaunt their wealth... 100,000 nira is a peanut 4 these men to give-away... We should not allow poverty to take away our sense of reasoning...MAN KNOW THYSELF.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Sweetapple007(f): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
They should establish branch in evry part of the country, is a good try.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by DonaldGenes(m): 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
Amya: What is the proof of adultery?

**will both parties be caught red-handed? (Which is almost impossible)

**will the man confess?

One of the reasons why adultery is not actionable in court is just for the simple fact that it's one of those things that cannot be proven without a reasonable doubt except when those involved are caught in the act.

That law in the club is kinda pointless. In a situation where a member refuses to pay, what's the worst that could happen?
My sis,as if you dey my mind sef
I love sensible peeps like you with quality questions!!
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Chimezie198(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
Adult Lottery is highly prohibited.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by ifyalways(f): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
What do they do with the fine collected?
How do they know who has defaulted undecided

1 Like

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
rose002: coolAt last 1st to comment,Abuja Lions's Den grin

Where are you coming from I guess Lion's den. Pls edit your comment to evade more embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Canisma(m): 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ok, nice club.
My question is; do the marriages of those who have paid the fine remain tight afterwards or do the couple go for divorce ?
This club is just out to break marriages.
Every man who has made money tends to be an adulterer, including the so called club's president.
How many women would proudly come out to complain about her husband's escapades, without hurting her home ?

I'm just guessing that the men in the club just introduced to checkmate their wives from their activities with SUGAR BOYS in Abuja.
While the men wants to be enjoying themselves codedly, they ve just introduced their "cage" for their wives.
Many villages have done that Spiritually.

Its becoming more difficult by the day for one to stick to one sexual partner for long time, talkmore of a lifetime.

The biggest challenge of marriage is FIDELITY.
The new generation hormones are not helping matters at all.. At all.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
The fine should have been higher, 100k cant stop a man from tapping current
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Ultrame(m): 1:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
doofanc: . . . As I speak to you, two to three persons have paid N100,000 fine each while others have decided not to throw away such amount of money by involving themselves in any proven case of adultery that threatens their marriages.

The unproven ones nko? Moral of the story: Don't get caught.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by ArQueBusieR(m): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
What have we here...a club for weak minds.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by anycorner(m): 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
rose002: coolAt last 1st to comment,Abuja Lions's Den grin
Are u kiddin me? cheesy
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by talk2s(m): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2013
What ever could be injected into our clime that will have the ability to stem the tide of sin: adultery, corruption, etc, has got my blessings already.
More powers to you guys elbow.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2013

more of such in Lagos, Ph and all others.
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by rose002(m): 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
okpara ugo:

Where are you coming from I guess Lion's den. Pls edit your comment to evade more embarrassment.
Taaaaaaaa c who is talkin shocked am sure u r one of dem lipsrsealed
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by Rastamann: 2:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
What about the Women's clubs?
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by rose002(m): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
anycorner: Are u kiddin me? cheesy
@ anycorner u neva hear first of all go dwn low grin
Re: Abuja Club That Fines Members For Adultery by anycorner(m): 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
HAHAHAHAHA !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? / Abandoned Child Rescued With A Polythene Bag Containing Her Clothes / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.