Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing (1149 Views)

Free Browing / Free Mtn Browing On My Fone / How Do I Acvtivate The Free Browing Using Mtn Sim With Lg G7050 Phone (2) (3) (4)

What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Stegomiah: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
i subscribed to the mtncoweek plan on monday 11th march and since den i av been browsing normally but on friday i discovered that mtn av started charging me for browsing, nd if my credit is exhausted, i wont be able to browse on my blackberry.

On calling dia customer care service today i was tld to send data off to 131 wich i did, bt i was still being charges, so i cald back nd was tld its a general tin dat dia engineer is working on it dat many of dia customers av been complainin 2, so when i asked wen tins will be back 2 normal, d customer care said she do not know 4 naw.

so i jst want to know if its only me, or dia are oda nlanders out dia xperiencing d same prob, pls be free 2 share wit possible solutions
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by puskin: 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
The only solution: Stop using a Blackberry.

Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Same here O̶̲̥̅̊...I subscribed for †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ monthly bis complete plan on sunday 10th march and I used d network perfectly well till †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ next day when I began experiencing network issues. I even thought maybe itz because I streamed some youtube vidoes with then..I tell U̶̲̥̅̊ from that monday 11th I've not been able to use †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ mtn network for anything that has to do with internet... And I've been calling them since and †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ onl thing they've been able to come up with is 'our engineers A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ working on it'...and itz almost a week,yet nothing good ha come out of †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ silly works of their engineers,but ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ itz free browsing,they will be sharp to block it... α♏ presently using airtel weekly hoping mtn will sort out †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ issue soon
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Hotdiamond(m): 1:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
puskin: The only solution: Stop using a Blackberry.
short and Simple
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
puskin: The only solution: Stop using a Blackberry.
And go and buy an android phone that drinks data balance like water?... U̶̲̥̅̊ see,we all knw android phones rock and A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ better than bb in most ways,but †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ data compression and †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ amt of data balance available to bb users is still what makes some of us to stick to it... U̶̲̥̅̊ see,we ђƏνЄ different reasons for using different phones

Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by confusion247(m): 2:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
ajasa4link:
And go and buy an android phone that drinks data balance like water?... U̶̲̥̅̊ see,we all knw android phones rock and A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ better than bb in most ways,but †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ data compression and †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ amt of data balance available to bb users is still what makes some of us to stick to it... U̶̲̥̅̊ see,we ђƏνЄ different reasons for using different phones
Please kindly educate me on how android is better than BB.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Francheezy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
CHEAP DATA IS N0T AN ADVANTAGE 0VA ANDR0ID.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Stegomiah: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
so what should i use?
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 3:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
Francheezy: CHEAP DATA IS N0T AN ADVANTAGE 0VA ANDR0ID.

A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ for real?...A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ not aware all networks A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ now blocking †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ use of bis packages on other devices?...so itz still d cheap data restricted to bb devices that is still an advantage
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ibietela2(m): 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
ajasa4link:
A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ for real?...A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ U̶̲̥̅̊ not aware all networks A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ now blocking †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ use of bis packages on other devices?...so itz still d cheap data restricted to bb devices that is still an advantage

only airtel that allows none b.b users
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ibietela2(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
confusion247:
Please kindly educate me on how android is better than BB.

are you a learner
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ibietela2(m): 4:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
ajasa4link:

android does not drink data... its the way you use it. disable background data and install droidwall and airtime wont be touched
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Francheezy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
THANK Y0U

Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by bokiboyz: 4:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
This trend started with etisalat a few months ago. The N1400 package give use just the   chat, twitter, facebook, 2 emails I think that's about it. Then glo followed soon after and now mtn. Only airtel is left I think. What the networks are saying is that if U̶̲̥̅̊ want to browse, buy the higher plans.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Leopantro: 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
noticed that two days ago. you will give yourself a headache trying to understand mtn at the moment
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Stegomiah: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
mine 2 started 2 dayz ago, was tld dey will compensate dia customers, buh i dont think it affects all mtn bb users
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Since when I've discovered †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ problem,I've spoken with abt 17 of their customer care representatives and †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ same thing they've been mouthing is their engineers A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲ working on it... †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ last person I spoke to this afternoon said 'maybe' we might be compensated,but he is not too sure abt that...we should just be patient...smh...I think O̶̲̥̅̊п̥̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ of †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ greatest mistakes I made last week is ever thinking of subscribing to mtn bis
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by kabasa77(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2013
am having the same wahala
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Stegomiah: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
are u on mtn pulse? cos i av a fwend wu is on mtnpaygo nd he is not xperiencing d same problem, planning 2 subscribe on ma oda mtn sim, i'll jst risk it, cos i cant do without my blackberry fone oo, makes life boring
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by confusion247(m): 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
ibietela2:

are you a learner
yes i am a learner because nobody has monopoly of knowledge. Kindly answer my question since you knew everything.
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
Stegomiah: are u on mtn pulse? cos i av a fwend wu is on mtnpaygo nd he is not xperiencing d same problem, planning 2 subscribe on ma oda mtn sim, i'll jst risk it, cos i cant do without my blackberry fone oo, makes life boring
α♏ also on mtn pulse O̶̲̥̅̊....is †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ problem peculiar to just mtn pulse package?
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Stegomiah: 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
i guess so, cos i know of sm1 xperiencing d same problem also on mtn pulse
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
So what ΐ̲̅ƒ̲̅ we migrate from †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ package,pehaps we will be able to use †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ bis again
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
Pls has anybody seen any improvement in their network?...pls I will like to know so I can switch bck to mtn,d airtel data cap I ђƏνЄ is almost exhausted
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by Stegomiah: 3:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
i subscribed 4 a week on anoda mtn sim 2day, nd i av no problem wit d network so far, buh dia is no improvement on d 1st 1
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 7:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
I just can't take d risk of subscribing again to mtn... α♏ just hoping d problem will be solved soonest O̶̲̥̅̊,cos my phone is showing d small edge
Re: What Is Wrong With Mtn Bis, I Am Being Charged 4 Browing by ajasa4link: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
I think †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ problem has been rectified...my bis is nw back and running

How Much will You Unlock An Iphone 4s Locked To 02 / Airtel New Complete For 1k Is A Scam / Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Vs. Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8"