Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? (3043 Views)

Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? / What Is The True Sabbath Day, Saturday Or Sunday? / What Is The Right Day To Go To Church: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2013
Bidam:
you re entitled to your opinions..it's your word against mine.
I would have posted enough evidence here but seeing as you're bent on lying to yourself, I'll let it pass.

and nobody is disputing the fact that Jesus did not abolish the law..it is the tradition of men vs interpretation of the law that we are talking about.
you have no idea what we were talking about, you just jumped in. Smh.
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
brokoto: I would have posted enough evidence here but seeing as you're bent on lying to yourself, I'll let it pass.

you have no idea what we were talking about, you just jumped in. Smh.
sure i have no idea..enlighten me please.
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Sorry about the typo error what i actually meant was that nobody is disputing the fact that Jesus came not to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Ever heard the phrase tradition as it relates to CONSTANT AND VARIABLES?
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Here's a thought, God fresh off creating does not instruct Adam to recognize a sabbath. Hmmm, makes you wonder doesn't it.
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
@ Lord Reed and Bidam' I'd have loved to continue this argument with you guys but I'm someone who likes resolution of arguments which in case seems unlikely. Be it as it may, I think a neutral observer would by this time have enough material to start a proper research on the topic of Sabbath.

So...

Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by AkimOmigie(m): 7:24am On Apr 02, 2013
Joagbaje:

I agree with you. Days are no longer significant for the new creation who worship in the spirit.

Col 2:16
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(KJV)

Did they not judge jesus? How can this verse apply to you if you do not obey? The ten commandments must be kept. All of them are the royal law in which you must obey. The sabbath is not only a day of worship persay. It is a day of REST. How can you even have the spirit without keep his commands? Ezekiel 20:25 was nailed on the cross. Not the ten commandments. Does a sinner have the holy spirit? Read john 14 and 1 john 3:24. The spirit gives power. Do you have power?
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by LordReed(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2013
Akim_Omigie:

Did they not judge jesus? How can this verse apply to you if you do not obey? The ten commandments must be kept. All of them are the royal law in which you must obey. The sabbath is not only a day of worship persay. It is a day of REST. How can you even have the spirit without keep his commands? Ezekiel 20:25 was nailed on the cross. Not the ten commandments. Does a sinner have the holy spirit? Read john 14 and 1 john 3:24. The spirit gives power. Do you have power?

For more understanding read the whole of Galatians 5 but here's a portion:

12 [t]I could wish that those [t]who trouble you would even [t]cut themselves off! 13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only [t]do not use liberty as an [t]opportunity for the flesh, but [t]through love serve one another. 14 For [t]all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: [t]“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!

Walking in the Spirit

16 I say then: [t]Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For [t]the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, [t]so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But [t]if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by haibe(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2013
Lord_Reed:

For more understanding read the whole of Galatians 5 but here's a portion:

God bless you for this post and for those who don't still understand that we are not under the law anymore as christians, you can just send some time to read the book of hebrews.
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by honeychild(f): 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
My two cents:
The Sabbath was one of a body of laws given to the ISRAELITES to keep them separate from the rest of the world. Galatians 3:23, 24
" Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that the faith has come we are NO LONGER UNDER A GUARDIAN.'

We are NO LONGER UNDER A SABBATH LAW. Christians can worship on any day they please. Most Christians worship on Sunday because it is convenient.
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by AkimOmigie(m): 2:02am On Apr 04, 2013
If you want to debate you best bring the truth.

1 Corinthians 15:2 - By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

2 Corinthians 6:1 - As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.

Feel free to add your remarks. If I am wrong correct me with the scriptures.

I am sorry to inform you that God has blinded those who are perishing and there are many among you. Guard your heart for some may fall away due to the truth. Lies can set up false expectations. So please, guard your heart. You are what you eat so please avoid lies. A false teacher can set you up for death. With the things I am learning, you will need to plant a seed of loyalty. Loyalty should be one of the biggest reasons you follow God. Know this, many may rebel due to the truth. Some simply love themselves or a creation more than the creator. There is only one god and you may just be surrounded by liars. We must believe in the full testimony god has given about his son. Anyone who believes in a lie is calling god a liar. (1 John 5:10) Many shall hate me because Jesus has testified that the ways of the world is evil. Since he is the way, truth, and life, I shall do the same. Allow me to explain:

In the beginning god created man in his image but that man fell from the glory of god, as a result he was exiled from Eden. Therefore, all have sinned and fell short of the glory of god through one man’s disobedience. A sinner is not created in the image of god. Is that not the image of satan? Well, Jesus was created and he is perfect. See: Romans 5:19. Be perfect for he is perfect, be holy for he is holy. Without holiness no one shall see the lord. You must be transformed into the image of Christ who is the image of god. Therefore, since we have fallen from the glory of god we must return. So, how can we return? We are saved by grace, through faith, which is dead, without works. Jesus died on the cross, therefore a man is justified by faith, apart from the works of the law. Justification is just that, justification. It can be temporary. However, faith and works are both a requirement to be saved; See : I Peter 4:18; Ephesians 2:8; James 2:26; Romans 8:3-4. Works of the law is complete and total obedience to god. That could be anything he commands. Let his will be done, but this cannot save us for we have already sinned. The punishment for such criminal activity is death. Therefore we are already found guilty. That is why we are under grace for if we were under the law how would you have the ability to escape the death penalty from a just judge? He is waiting on us to change. We can stop sinning, but if we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. How can a criminal claim to have never committed a crime? Sin is transgressions against the law. We were born in sin, we have already broken the law. We are already criminals on death row. Therefore Christ had to condemn sin or we would be condemn to death. The verdict is lifted once you possess the gift of salvation. It cannot be earned. It is a gift from the judge to let one walk as long as they do as he commands. If you continue to commit crimes what is stop the judge from giving you the death penalty? You will surely die! Faith is trusting in god, that he cannot lie. That the judge shall keep his word for he never changes. Perfection need not change. God has commanded us to keep the Royal Law which is the ten commandments summarized into two. We must keep all ten commandments. Not the law nailed to the cross in Ezekiel 20:25-26, the Leviticus Priesthood made nothing perfect that is why the law was changed back to the original, magnified, explained in great detail to the ignorant. Through that law we become conscience to sin, but it brings death. However, Jesus can perfect us within the Melchizedek Priesthood for he is a High Priest forever. Where there is a new priesthood there is a new law if I remember correctly. As for the old testaament, where there is no law there is no transgression. One can believe Jesus exist without believing-in - Jesus. To “believe - in - Jesus,” one must believe he exist and be - in - Jesus. Look for the wordplay. According to 1 John 3:24, to be - in -Jesus one must love god. To love god is to obey god, according to John 14:21-24. The pure in heart shall see Jesus. According to John 14:6-24, can you honestly say god is in you? Have you seen him? ( 1 john 3:1-3)) How can you have the holy spirit if you have the spirit of a sinner? A sinner is not saved according to 1 Peter 4:18-19. God is a god of the living and not the dead. Therefore God is not a God of sinners. He seeks those who worship in spirit and truth but a sinner cannot do that. A bad tree cannot bear good fruit and shall eventually be cut down and cast into the fire for they have denied both the son and the father. Once it turns to ash what good is it? You cannot remain dead in your sins and expect god to be your friend. According to Romans 10:13, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” To call one Lord you must submit and obey otherwise they are not your Lord. Could jesus not call upon his father for angels? Can you cry out for help when in danger? Remember, faith without works is dead. Why do people assume the bible is talking to them? If you study the words of Jesus, a lot of the time as he spoke about himself, he spoke about all the sons of god. He also exposed the sons of hell. Lets look at John 10:37, “Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.” Here we are told not to believe a sinner. The sheep know the voice of their master. They may hear a stranger but they do not listen. In the same way, god may hears a sinners prayer but chooses to listen because they are not righteous. A sinners prayer can be detestable as the stench of dung. There must be life in your words and not death. Jesus is like gods prayer to you and me. Jesus was a reflection of what god wants us to be. We are to present ourselves as a perfect gift to god and he has already told us what he wants. If you do not answer the prayers of god why do you expect him to answer yours? Treat others the way you want to be treated by god. Satan rules over the sons of satan for they hate god according to John 14:23-24. Yet who lie about such things? They do not love god. All sinners belong to satan. They do not belong to God. They do not serve the most high God. In their sins, they cannot worship god. They are not saved, born again, or a child of god. They are not a brother, sister, christian, disciple, or a follower of Jesus Christ the Lord. They do not know god, love god, nor have they seen him. By their fruit you shall know them. Don’t let the sinner lie to you. Lets look at John 8:31, “Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.” So, how many liars have we just exposed? According to Acts 11:26, “The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch,” so, how many of you have the right to call yourselves a christian? Many do not even believe in Christ. They have not seen him. Lets look at 1 John 2:6, “Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.” A sinner remains in the darkness of the night. Who can work at night for they are asleep? Wake up and stop sinning. Walk in the light as he is in the light and you can do great works. Perhaps raise the dead? For the prayers of the righteous are powerful. So, you must go through him to reach the father. How can you go through him if you are not in him? See: Jude 1:4,19; 1 John 3:3-10, 5:18-19; John 3:16-18, 7:39, 12:40, 14:12; Acts 5:32, 16:31, 10:43; Ezekiel 18:30-31; 2 John 1:9; Ephesians 5:6; 2 Corinthians 4:3.

Now, due to the above some may say don't judge me for they may have lied.

To judge or not to judge? That is the question.

Well, first of all, a spiritual person judges all things for they have the mind of Christ; they do not judge by human standards. There is one Law giver and we pass along the message. When people tell you not to judge righteously they are telling you to disobey god. I will let you be the judge, who do we obey? God or man? If one steals and goes to jail maybe they will learn something. Not only that but judgement can protect those the criminal oppresses. Judging righteously can be a form of love. Don’t let anyone tell you differently. When a child breaks a rule are they not punished? Spare the rod spoil the child. Is that not a judgement? However, it is just for one to not be a hypocrite in the judgements they make but be careful, the measure you use can later be used for you or against you by god. See: Ecclesiastes 8:11-13; 2 Chronicles 19:6-10; 1 Corinthians 2:15-16; 6:1-11; John 7:24, 8:14-17; Matthew 7:1-5; Proverbs 27:5; 1 Chronicles 11:17-19, 17:1; 2 Chronicles 28:9-11. Remember, two wrongs don’t make a right. Be slow to judge others. Be quick to judge yourself.

As for condemnation, who are you to condemn your neighbor to death? As a child of god you're not allowed to commit abortion. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Who are we to say who goes into heaven or who goes to hell? Simply say the the word is near you. It is not your purpose to take a life for whatever the reason may be. Thou shall not kill anyone. He who does not pick up his cross is not worthy of god. Yes, martyrdom. You are not allowed to defend your life or the lives of others in any way that will harm your neighbor. Love is the fulfillment of the law. Who are you to condemn your neighbor? If you choose to kill for whatever reason you have chosen, your God and its not the Most High. He is a god of the living and not the dead. Are we not suppose to drink the cup provided to us? Jesus told us no more killing. See: John 10:17-18, 15:12-13; Hebrew 9:27; John 15:13-17, 18:10-12; Matthew 5:5,39, 10:16, 28, 38-39, 16:25, 20:21-23, 26:5; Acts 20:24; Luke 6:30, 14:25-30, 18:28-30; 22:35-38; 22:40, 46, 49-51; Lamentations 3:27-33; Romans 8:6, 12:9-21; Galatians 5:15, 6:10; 1 Thessalonians 5:15; James 4:1-5; Ephesians 4:31, 6:10-20; 1 Corinthians 3:17, 4:11-13, 10:21; Philippians 1:21;1 Peter 2:17, 23; 2 Corinthians 10:3-6.

Luke 11:45 - One of the experts in the law answered him, “Teacher, when you say these things, you insult us also.”
Re: Which Is The True Sabbath Day: Saturday Or Sunday? by Olusanya333(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
Saturday is sabbath@OP. My advice to u all is mind how u speak because u will give full account to God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret About Tithing You Should Know / The Bible Is The Most Contradictory Book In History / Is God Both Male And Female?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.