Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Crash After Connecting Modem To The Internet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Crash After Connecting Modem To The Internet (1718 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / How Do I Configure My Multilinks Modem To Work On Windows-7 / How To Unlock Multilinks Evdo Modem To Work With Mtn Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crash After Connecting Modem To The Internet by baynix(m): 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
My Toshiba Satellite C655 has been acting up for the past 2 days now.

Am having problem with my MTN 3G USB "dongle" type modem (a Huawei E1550) - Windows tries to establish a connection but then computer black screens and reboots and on startup says it has recovered from a BlueScreen. I have tried setting up a manual dial up networking connection to bypass the supplied connection manager software but with same result.

I didnt install new program or any plug-in!
Am using Windows 8 Pro (Registered)
Re: Crash After Connecting Modem To The Internet by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
Blue screen errors aren't only caused by faulty hardware but also incompatible software and a host of other things as well.
That been said, to resolve this problem, you have to first uninstall the modem software. Then navigate to the Program Files folder to remove the MTNF@stlink folder completely. After which, you restart the system. Then follow these steps:
Reinstall the modem in compatibility mode for windows 7 or vista or XP. To do so insert the modem, when it autoruns, cancel it. Go to my computer, open MTNF@stlink folder find the setup file, right click it, go to properties, click compatibility tab select 'Run program in compatibility mode' then select the windows version that suits you. Then click apply and OK.
Then Run the setup, it should install and work fine.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Free Browsing For Glo (oct. 2013)!!! / The Best Pocket Drone X Pro Is Now Trending In Nigeria, Shipping Free Anywhere / Brontok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.