Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? (6033 Views)

Lets See Who Can Answer This Biblical Question About Jesus Death. / Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2013
This is The Jesuit Oath that The New Pope has taken
(Text of the Oath)

I Jorge Bergoglio , now in the presence of Almighty God, the blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the Holy Apostles, St. Peter and St. Paul, and all the saints, sacred host of Heaven, and to you, my Ghostly Father, the superior general of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola, in the pontification of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the Virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear that His Holiness, the Pope, is Christ's Vice-Regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by the virtue of the keys of binding and loosing given to His Holiness by my Saviour, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical Kings, Princes, States, Commonwealths, and Governments, and they may be safely destroyed. Therefore to the utmost of my power I will defend this doctrine and His Holiness's right and custom against all usurpers of the heretical or Protestant authority whatever, especially the Lutheran Church of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway, and the now pretended authority and Churches of England and Scotland, and the branches of same now established in Ireland and on the continent of America and elsewhere and all adherents in regard that they may be usurped and heretical, opposing the sacred Mother Church of Rome. I do now denounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or State, named Protestant or Liberal, or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates or officers.

I do further declare the doctrine of the Churches of England and Scotland of the Calvinists, Huguenots, and others of the name of Protestants or Masons to be damnable, and they themselves to be damned who will not forsake the same. I do further declare that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of His Holiness's agents, in any place where I should be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Ireland or America, or in any other kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Masonic doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, legal or otherwise.

I do further promise and declare that, notwithstanding, I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical for the propagation of the Mother Church's interest; to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they entrust me, and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstances whatever; but to execute all that should be proposed, given in charge, or discovered unto me by you, my Ghostly Father, or any of this sacred order. I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ. That I will go to any part of the world whithersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions north, jungles of India, to the centres of civilisation of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things, whatsoever is communicated to me.

I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants' heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honour, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agents of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus. In confirmation of which I hereby dedicate my life, soul, and all corporal powers, and with the dagger which I now receive I will subscribe my name written in my blood in testimony thereof; and should I prove false, or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the militia of the Pope cut off my hands and feet and my throat from ear to ear, my belly be opened and sulphur burned therein with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth, and my soul shall be tortured by demons in eternal hell forever. That I will in voting always vote for a Knight of Columbus in preference to a Protestant, especially a Mason, and that I will leave my party so to do; that if two Catholics are on the ticket I will satisfy myself which is the better supporter of Mother Church and vote accordingly. That I will not deal with or employ a Protestant if in my power to deal with or employ a Catholic. That I will place Catholic girls in Protestant families that a weekly report may be made of the inner movements of the heretics. That I will provide myself with arms and ammunition that I may be in readiness when the word is passed, or I am commanded to defend the Church either as an individual or with the militia of the Pope. All of which

I,_______________, do swear by the blessed Trinity and blessed sacrament which I am now to receive to perform and on part to keep this my oath. In testimony hereof, I take this most holy and blessed sacrament of the Eucharist and witness the same further with my name written with the point of this dagger dipped in my own blood and seal in the face of this holy sacrament.

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT, THIS IS WHAT THE POPE IS ALL ABOUT. IF YOU ARE A CATHOLIC, RUN LIKE THE WIND TOWARDS JESUS.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Omexonomy: 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
You are on ur own. With all the nonsense being said about the catholic a lot of people are now returning to the catholic faith after listening to people like you in the past.

1 Like

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 6:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Omexonomy: You are on ur own. With all the nonsense being said about the catholic a lot of people are now returning to the catholic faith after listening to people like you in the past.

Ok so you didn't read the post above, you just rushed to comment. People rushing back to the catholic church doesn't prove anything beyond the fact that people are misguided and most times willingly so. Even more so as the end of times draws closer and closer.

How biblical is the above, that's the question. Except you can prove that isn't the oath the pope swore...
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by uboma(m): 6:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
@ op, is that really the oath that the pope must take? If it really is, then doom awaits the pope himself and his followers. What a patient and loving Heavenly Father we have. I pray that some of the pope's followers will wake up from their spiritual blindness before it is too late.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
uboma: @ op, is that really the oath that the pope must take? If it really is, then doom awaits the pope himself and his followers. What a patient and loving Heavenly Father we have. I pray that some of the pope's followers will wake up from their spiritual blindness before it is too late.

My brother I'm really wishing its a lie because its really sad. After a facebook friend posted it somewhere, I had to check properly before reposting because its just not funny. Yet some wish to remain blind to glaring truths.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by kgbd(m): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
Very very occultic!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by tobechi20(m): 7:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
What is wrong about taking oath?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
Papal Oath of Office

I VOW: 
Never to change anything of the Tradition, and nothing thereof, guarded by God, found pleasing to my predecessors before me, nor to encroach,  to change, or to permit any INNOVATIONS therein; 

To the contrary: with glowing affections as her faithful student and successor, to reverently safeguard the passed-on good, with my whole strength and utmost effort; 

To cleanse all that is in contradiction with canonical order that may surface; 

To guard the holy canons and decrees of our popes as likewise the Divine ordinances of heaven, because I am conscious of Thee,  Whose  place I take through the grace of God, Whose Vicarship I Possess with Thy support, being subject to severest accounting before Thy divine tribunal over all that I confess. 

If I should undertake to act in anything of contrary sense, or should permit that it will be executed, Thou willst not be merciful to me on the dreadful day of Divine Justice. 

Accordingly, without exclusion, we subject to severest excommunication anyone - be it ourself, or be it another- who would dare to undertake anything new in contradiction to this evangelic tradition and the purity of the Orthodox (Catholic) Faith and the Christian Religion, or would seek to change anything by his opposing efforts, or would concur with those who undertake such blasphemous venture. 

http://www.truecatholic.us/pope/papaloath.htm
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2013
Apply your intellect...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_Oath_(Traditionalist_Catholic)
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by uboma(m): 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
tobechi20: What is wrong about taking oath?

nothing is wrong with taking oaths but the content of the oath is what we are analysing here. Did u actually read the above oath word for word?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by PastorKun(m): 8:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
@OP
This can't be right as the new Pope is yet to take his oath of office. The formal ceremony/oath taking for the inauguration of the new Pope comes up on tuesday.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Pastor Kun: @OP
This can't be right as the new Pope is yet to take his oath of office. The formal ceremony/oath taking for the inauguration of the new Pope comes up on tuesday.

striktlymi: Apply your intellect...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_Oath_(Traditionalist_Catholic)

I will delete it and apologise if it's wrong but this is supposed to be the Jesuit Oath.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
Subtext:

I will delete it and apologise if it's wrong but this is supposed to be the Jesuit Oath.

Good evening Subtext,

I don't do this normally...my usual reaction to anti-catholic threads is to read and leave without posting cause I know that most often than not, the individuals are prejudiced and biased against the church. It is one thing to misunderstand the church because of a misinterpretation of sacred scriptures and another to be driven by a hatred for whatever is catholic.

I wouldn't want you to apologize cause it would be a bit too much of a demand to make...you know your heart and may be you might realize where you went wrong but it should be between you and Christ...

If you had done a bit of research into this 'finding' you might have saved yourself the trouble of opening this thread. Firstly, the pope do not take the oath of the Jesuit...the Jesuit as a religious organisation of the catholic church take 3 vows: Obedience, poverty and chastity...these vows are taken after the second year of the novitiate...they take a special 4th vow of obedience to the pope which is usually after the Jesuit has been ordained a priest.

The Jesuit does not take any oath like the one you have up there...the oath you have is a fabrication put forth by Alberto Rivera (an Anti-Catholic protestant) who made so many allegations in order to discredit the catholic church...

I will stop here...

If you need information on Alberto Rivera see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Rivera

Also see the video below for further details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iefm6E5FWWg
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Subtext: This is The Jesuit Oath that The New Pope has taken
(Text of the Oath)

I Jorge Bergoglio , now in the presence of Almighty God, the blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the Holy Apostles, St. Peter and St. Paul, and all the saints, sacred host of Heaven, and to you, my Ghostly Father, the superior general of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola, in the pontification of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the Virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear that His Holiness, the Pope, is Christ's Vice-Regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by the virtue of the keys of binding and loosing given to His Holiness by my Saviour, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical Kings, Princes, States, Commonwealths, and Governments, and they may be safely destroyed. Therefore to the utmost of my power I will defend this doctrine and His Holiness's right and custom against all usurpers of the heretical or Protestant authority whatever, especially the Lutheran Church of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway, and the now pretended authority and Churches of England and Scotland, and the branches of same now established in Ireland and on the continent of America and elsewhere and all adherents in regard that they may be usurped and heretical, opposing the sacred Mother Church of Rome. I do now denounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or State, named Protestant or Liberal, or obedience to any of their laws, magistrates or officers.

I do further declare the doctrine of the Churches of England and Scotland of the Calvinists, Huguenots, and others of the name of Protestants or Masons to be damnable, and they themselves to be damned who will not forsake the same. I do further declare that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of His Holiness's agents, in any place where I should be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Ireland or America, or in any other kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Masonic doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, legal or otherwise.

I do further promise and declare that, notwithstanding, I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical for the propagation of the Mother Church's interest; to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they entrust me, and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstances whatever; but to execute all that should be proposed, given in charge, or discovered unto me by you, my Ghostly Father, or any of this sacred order. I do further promise and declare that I will have no opinion or will of my own or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ. That I will go to any part of the world whithersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions north, jungles of India, to the centres of civilisation of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things, whatsoever is communicated to me.

I do further promise and declare that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly and openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Masons, as I am directed to do, to extirpate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex nor condition, and that will hang, burn, waste, boil, flay, strangle, and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women, and crush their infants' heads against the walls in order to annihilate their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly I will secretly use the poisonous cup, the strangulation cord, the steel of the poniard, or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honour, rank, dignity or authority of the persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agents of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Father of the Society of Jesus. In confirmation of which I hereby dedicate my life, soul, and all corporal powers, and with the dagger which I now receive I will subscribe my name written in my blood in testimony thereof; and should I prove false, or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the militia of the Pope cut off my hands and feet and my throat from ear to ear, my belly be opened and sulphur burned therein with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth, and my soul shall be tortured by demons in eternal hell forever. That I will in voting always vote for a Knight of Columbus in preference to a Protestant, especially a Mason, and that I will leave my party so to do; that if two Catholics are on the ticket I will satisfy myself which is the better supporter of Mother Church and vote accordingly. That I will not deal with or employ a Protestant if in my power to deal with or employ a Catholic. That I will place Catholic girls in Protestant families that a weekly report may be made of the inner movements of the heretics. That I will provide myself with arms and ammunition that I may be in readiness when the word is passed, or I am commanded to defend the Church either as an individual or with the militia of the Pope. All of which

I,_______________, do swear by the blessed Trinity and blessed sacrament which I am now to receive to perform and on part to keep this my oath. In testimony hereof, I take this most holy and blessed sacrament of the Eucharist and witness the same further with my name written with the point of this dagger dipped in my own blood and seal in the face of this holy sacrament.

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT, THIS IS WHAT THE POPE IS ALL ABOUT. IF YOU ARE A CATHOLIC, RUN LIKE THE WIND TOWARDS JESUS.

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
My God! What have we done to this people that makes them hate us so much?!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by dekung(m): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
Even if the oath is true, do we not see who is good and who is not? The Christian Association of Nigeria has, in the past, been headed by catholics and other orthodox churches and the association has never been embroiled the corruption controversies but enter pentecostal pontiffs in the person of Oritsejafor and the rest is history
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 10:05pm On Mar 17, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Subtext,

I don't do this normally...my usual reaction to anti-catholic threads is to read and leave without posting cause I know that most often than not, the individuals are prejudiced and biased against the church. It is one thing to misunderstand the church because of a misinterpretation of sacred scriptures and another to be driven by a hatred for whatever is catholic.

I wouldn't want you to apologize cause it would be a bit too much of a demand to make...you know your heart and may be you might realize where you went wrong but it should be between you and Christ...

If you had done a bit of research into this 'finding' you might have saved yourself the trouble of opening this thread. Firstly, the pope do not take the oath of the Jesuit...the Jesuit as a religious organisation of the catholic church take 3 vows: Obedience, poverty and chastity...these vows are taken after the second year of the novitiate...they take a special 4th vow of obedience to the pope which is usually after the Jesuit has been ordained a priest.

The Jesuit does not take any oath like the one you have up there...the oath you have is a fabrication put forth by Alberto Rivera (an Anti-Catholic protestant) who made so many allegations in order to discredit the catholic church...

I will stop here...

If you need information on Alberto Rivera see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Rivera

Also see the video below for further details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iefm6E5FWWg

Dear Striklymi,

Thank you for your response, however let me affirm your convictions on my belief in this regard. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the catholic church is in error about their approach to christianity. Also I DON'T hate catholics, I just feel sorry for them. Be that as it may, this post of mine wasn't 'another cheap shot' meant to ridicule catholicism. Not at all. I too, often avoid threads that do that simply because I feel whoever wants to know the truth will find it - especially those of us who claim to be Christians.

If i want to open threads simply for the purpose of castigating anything catholic, including their worship practices I will have this place flooded with such posts in no time. Even the last two sentences of the first speech given by this new Pope are more than enough for that purpose. But this particular post of the Jesuit papal oath was just too much to ignore. You know why? I'm often of the belief that when Christians are misled in false religion, its primarily because they don't read the bible enough for themselves and also because false doctrines are usually thinly vieled in a lot of 'truths' so it becomes tedious to see the deception that lies therein. This sort of provides a cushion for people who fall for such deception. This Jesuit Papal oath however if real, cannot be mistaken for anything 'holy', 'biblical' or even remotely 'Christlike'. That's why I decided to post it for discerning minds to peruse.

Now I'll admit that I'm not fully convinced that this is the oath, but I'll not be surprised if this used to be the papal oath at some point in the past. I really won't be surprised because it is very consistent with many of the practices, albeit old practices, of the catholic church.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
Subtext:

Dear Striklymi,

Thank you for your response, however let me affirm your convictions on my belief in this regard. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind whatsoever that the catholic church is in error about their approach to christianity. Also I DON'T hate catholics, I just feel sorry for them. Be that as it may, this post of mine wasn't 'another cheap shot' meant to ridicule catholicism. Not at all, I too, often avoid threads that do that simply because I feel whoever wants to know the truth will find it - especially those of us that call ourselves Christians.

If i want to open threads simply for the purpose of castigating anything catholic, including their worship practices I will have this place flooded with such posts in no time. Even the last two sentences of the first speech given by this new Pope are more than enough for that purpose. But this particular post of the Jesuit papal oath was just too much to ignore. You know why? I'm often of the belief that when Christians are misled in false religion, its primarily because they don't read the bible enough for themselves and also because false doctrines are usually thinly vieled in a lot of 'truths' so it becomes tedious to see the deception that lies therein. This sort of provides a cushion for people who fall for such deception. This Jesuit Papal oath however if real, cannot be mistaken for anything 'holy', 'biblical' or even remotely 'Christlike'. That's why I decided to post it for discerning minds to peruse.

Now I'll admit that I'm not fully convinced that this is the oath, but I'll not be surprised if this used to be the papal oath at some point in the past. I really won't be surprised because it is very consistent with many of the practices, albeit old practices, of the catholic church.

Apply your intellect and stop the sentiments!

Enjoy your thread!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
striktlymi:

Apply your intellect and stop the sentiments!

Enjoy your thread!

You too bro! But right before you apply your intellect, Call on God in all sincerity to reveal the truth to you! God bless you brother, 1 love!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 4:17am On Mar 18, 2013
Subtext:

You too bro! But right before you apply your intellect, Call on God in all sincerity to reveal the truth to you! God bless you brother, 1 love!
h

Mr adviser. Practise what you preach.

Have you called on God to reveal the truth about Catholicism to you?

Be sincere... If you have...what did God say about us?
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 8:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Oga Italo, unlike your brother Striktlimi, you tend to indulge in petty rhetorics as arguements, instead of simply applying the word of God. I have no time for that really. Please don't take his personally. It can be injurious to spiritual growth to indulge in such arguements. This so called Jesuit Oath is very glaring in its anti-christlike nature that's why I decided to post it.

There are certain other Christian denominations that I cannot confidently classify as false christian faiths, but Catholicism is not one of them. Let me reiterate that there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Catholicism has SINCE metamorphorsed into a cult. No doubt.

For a brief period in my teenage years I used to be a catholic, but God had better plans for me so He found a way to pull me out, and I'm thankful for it. The only thing I can do now is pray for those I know there-in that they may have the scales removed from their eyes. People in false christian faiths are of two kinds: the Saul kind and the others. The Saul kind are those who are genuinely convinced within themselves that they are doing the right thing until they have an 'on-the-road-to-damascus' experience which changes all of that. The 'Others' are those who don't really care about the truth. They just want to stay where they feel comfortable leading the kind of lives they desire. The don't-rock-the-boat kind. I sincerely pray that the almighty God pulls you out of there soon before its too late.

Cheers
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by italo: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Subtext: Oga Italo, unlike your brother Striktlimi, you tend to indulge in petty rhetorics as arguements, instead of simply applying the word of God. I have no time for that really. Please don't take his personally. It can be injurious to spiritual growth to indulge in such arguements. This so called Jesuit Oath is very glaring in its anti-christlike nature that's why I decided to post it.

There are certain other Christian denominations that I cannot confidently classify as false christian faiths, but Catholicism is not one of them. Let me reiterate that there's no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Catholicism has SINCE metamorphorsed into a cult. No doubt.

For a brief period in my teenage years I used to be a catholic, but God had better plans for me so He found a way to pull me out, and I'm thankful for it. The only thing I can do now is pray for those I know there-in that they may have the scales removed from their eyes. People in false christian faiths are of two kinds: the Saul kind and the others. The Saul kind are those who are genuinely convinced within themselves that they are doing the right thing until they have an 'on-the-road-to-damascus' experience which changes all of that. The 'Others' are those who don't really care about the truth. They just want to stay where they feel comfortable leading the kind of lives they desire. The don't-rock-the-boat kind. I sincerely pray that the almighty God pulls you out of there soon before its too late.

Cheers

Oga Subtext, I only asked you a simple question, which I will repeat. You people like hiding from truth by digressing.

Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Subtext: 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
italo:

Oga Subtext, I only asked you a simple question, which I will repeat. You people like hiding from truth by digressing.

Bros you really don't like reading abi. Ok let me give you a simpler answer. No, I didn't bother asking God. It's just the same way I wouldn't bother asking God if Freemasonry, the Wiccans or New Age is of him.

Cheers.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Subtext:

Bros you really don't like reading abi. Ok let me give you a simpler answer. No, I didn't bother asking God. It's just the same way I wouldn't bother asking God if Freemasonry, the Wiccans or New Age is of him.

Cheers.

So in essence this is your personal opinion? You can choose to believe anything that tickles your fancy.we do not give a damn about you.In fact hundreds of millions of catholics do not even know you exist.if catholicism repulses you so much why don't you jump into the nearest lagoon
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
Subtext: This is The Jesuit Oath that The New Pope has taken
(Text of the Oath)

I Jorge Bergoglio , now in the presence of Almighty God, the blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the Holy Apostles, St. Peter and St. Paul, and all the saints, sacred host of Heaven, and to you, my Ghostly Father, the superior general of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola, in the pontification of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the Virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear that His Holiness, the Pope,
hahahahahahahahaha, this one was terible, it literally came jumping at me, what nonesense? When u want to discredit d catholic church don't u know how to do it?
Sorry my dear, d above oath no follow, d jesuits dont take that oath and never did, that oath has been debunked. Make ur research b4 u post such nonesense.
To show d stupidity of d whole thing d oath u claim card jorge took, say "in d pontificate of paul the 3rd" paul d 3rd died in 1549, that time card jorge mother hadn't been concieved.
How posible??
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
Subtext:

Ok so you didn't read the post above, you just rushed to comment. People rushing back to the catholic church doesn't prove anything beyond the fact that people are misguided and most times willingly so. Even more so as the end of times draws closer and closer.

How biblical is the above, that's the question. Except you can prove that isn't the oath the pope swore...
sorry my dear, popes dont swear d silly oath you wrote above.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
uboma: @ op, is that really the oath that the pope must take? If it really is, then doom awaits the pope himself and his followers. What a patient and loving Heavenly Father we have. I pray that some of the pope's followers will wake up from their spiritual blindness before it is too late.
that oath has nothing to do with the pope so keep ur sentiments.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2013
striktlymi:

http://www.truecatholic.us/pope/papaloath.htm
that sounds like d alledged papal oath.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by truthislight: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Can someone copy and pest the right oath that the pope takes? Aba!

I have tried those links that strik. Posted they are note available. So, whoever can open it should copy and post the dame stuff and closed this back and forth talk.
Na wao!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ubenedictus: that sounds like d alledged papal oath.

Yeah, from 'traditionalists'!
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
truthislight: Can someone copy and pest the right oath that the pope takes? Aba!

I have tried those links that strik. Posted they are note available. So, whoever can open it should copy and post the dame stuff and closed this back and forth talk.
Na wao!

Good evening,

Though some popes have taken an oath of office in the past but this is not cast in stone. There have been some popes who reigned without taking an oath of office.
Re: The Jesuit Oath That The New Pope Has Taken - Is This Biblical? by kokoA(m): 10:45pm On Mar 18, 2013
All these "I know the bible morethan Jesus" christians on nairaland sef. The catholic church isn't bothered about you guys, why then do you guys keep spewing rubbish about the universal church? Allow the over 1.2billion people practising this doctrine to "perish" naw (if I may use you peoples' word). Face your church, let catholics face theirs okay?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God / Popular Reverend Converts To Islam In Kaduna / This is the reason why some Christians Still Fornicate And Even Masturbate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.