Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:37 PM

Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? (12591 Views)

Which Music Genre Is The Best? / Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? / Nigeria Music Video Award (nmva) 2010: Which Music Video Rocked Last Year? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
quicksylva: Changes By Tupac Shakur

In 1998, my friend and I hosted a swimming pool party at Rita Lori Hotel in Surulere, Lagos.

To cut the long story short, I lost a friend that day. He was drunk and he was swimming. Everybody was having fun, suddenly someone started shouting that there is someone beneath the water struggling. We brought him out of the water, tried to resuscitate him, we took him to the nearest Clinic St. Mary Hospital. We the friends did everything humanly possible to save his life but to no avail. He died that day.
The music that was playing at that particular moment was CHANGES by Tupac Shakur. The Feeling and the mood of everybody that day was too Emotional.

I can never forget the lyrics of that song....... #Come on come on I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself, "Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"# ....... **Chorus..That's just the way it is Things'll never be the same That's just the way it is aww yeah**

ha , baba your head is there I love that song like crazy, another song I'm crazily in love with is DEAR MAMA
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by buklan4realyah(f): 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=yuzedo]1. Nigerian national anthem whenever Super Eagles is playing an international match..... undecided
2. New Masquerade soundtrack
3. Old NTA 2 theme song(s)
[s]4. The music they play in 80's po'rn during action[/s]
quote]

xpecially d Yoruba action films.......
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by LadySophie(f): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
All Musical Youth's songs.My goodness!!! I wish i could draw back the hands of the clock to my childhood days.Others are Donna Summer( of blessed memory)
Give me Your Unconditional Love,Michael Jackson' Thriller, Beat It, Billy Jean.Chaka Khan's Ain't Nobody Loves Me Better. Most old school songs sends nostalgic fever down my spine and when am in this mood, i love to be alone and reminisce the good ,old days.I have most of these songs in my phone and i listen to them even when am working in the office.

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by zumarock8(m): 1:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
check it out by niki minaj,
the song reminds me of my ex girl friend grace
we used to play it almost evryday that i used it as my ringtone
that was 2010, befor she jilt me

God will nver excuse her, she is a jilt and a sinner
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by rhymz(m): 1:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
high life Music and 80s and 90s pop and Soul music. . . They feel me up with Nostalgia.
The other day I was listening to Whitney Houst ft Jermain Jackson; nobody loves me like you do, mehn, I felt like. . . . Whitney has got a voice that awaken these feelings in ME.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Biafrarep(m): 1:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
Sweet mother by Nico Mbaga; reminds of my mothers love when I was small. Brenda Fasie's "it's your wedding day" song; reminds me of childhood and finally Oriental brothers: my late dads favorite music, it always evokes nostalgic memories of when he was alive. RIP Dad, I miss you.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by ShotCaller: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Daniel .. Elton john ..reminds me off when my elder brother wenÞ to boarding school.I used to cry

Where do broken hearts go ... Whitney huston... I was broken hearted.. Loved the song

Have u seen her mc hammer.. My little tiny babe

Bibanke .. Asa... My son loved it when I'm driving him Þo school..
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by aAK1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
This two songs always remind me of my ex soon to become my wife(God willing) no one by Alicia Keys.she loves that song and plays it all tro the night sometimes. second song was ur not the girl I use to know by dare.I always played if just to pic a fight. after the breakup,I dint want to hear any of the above songs.they just broke me down.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by aAK1(m): 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
zumarock8: check it out by niki minaj,
the song reminds me of my ex girl friend grace
we used to play it almost evryday that i used it as my ringtone
that was 2010, befor she jilt me

God will nver excuse her, she is a jilt and a sinner
hahaahahgahaabwaha.dis got me laughing.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Orikinla(m): 2:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
Sweet Mother [/i]by Prince Nico Mbarga reminds me of my mother.
[i]In Your Eyes by George
Benson reminds me of one of my ex-girlfriends.
Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden for the first time my present woman and I spent an evening together.
This song says it all for us.
Here is the video for the L of my love life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBwnnaznX9I

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by makky(f): 2:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.... A classic that always reminds me that true love can still be gotten.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by maingwaest(f): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
platashun boiz remind me of my first luv nd i luv u by p square, remind me of my wedding.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by abdulafeez4good: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
aint a music freak, bt a movie freak, as me season films 24 n prison break are my best ever, it brings bak d memory of my first semester 200 level, d@ semester 2 som would av been disasterous because i ws no longer going 2 class, bt d@ semester recorded my highest grades (7 a's n 2 c's). I guess all play n no wrk makes me a dull boy. Bt mk i no lie d@ semester recorded d highest overnyt readings sha.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by okechukwu2013: 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
DON WILIAM S" some old times" brings back memories of all the wonderful poeple I met in my secondary/higher institution era
Maria Carey" Hero" is the tonic that keeps me digging deep and going inspite of all odds
MJ "lost children" oh! My God!makes me feel that we have a duty to leave our lives for orders
"From this momenet" (forgetten the artist)
Brings back memories of when I met my wife and knew instantly that she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Ominiriches(m): 2:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Reggae musik.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Ibyno(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2013
Joe, I wanna know and. Whitney , ur love is my love.

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Emmy35(f): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
"Halo" by Beyonce. Back then when i was in Ss2, my friend had a crush on a guy who loved to sing and act. She, having a male kinda voice, tried to improve on her voice and learn his favourite song "halo". I taught her d lyrics and she l8r sang d song with him( i heard it was bad) but surprisingly, he asked her out and she accepted. *sighs* The song brings back those fun memories.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by yoged(m): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Mamaland by yvonne chacka chacka. The song always bring tears to my eyes whenever i listen to it.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Missonas(f): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
For me itz Kenny G's trumpet blowing.all d tracks makes me remembr d good old days.esp with DBN television cheesy

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by okechukwu2013: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2013
BoysllMen "Dear God " whenever I listen to song it reminds how unworthy I am still God keeps on showing me favours
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by GudluckIBB(m): 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
I Equally attache songs to Events and people.
Celine dion "Immortality" Reminds me of My year one in Hall3 in Uniben.I use to have a room mate by the name Marverick and he loves that song
Chris Mba,"Uchenna" Reminds of Growing up days.
Cranberies "Zombie" reminds me of my hall mate in Hall4 uniben,Collins

Capenters "Top of the world" reminds me of my service year as well as skeeta davies "Am I that easy to forget"
Music is really a food of the Soul and they invoke Fond Memories.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by didoburns(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
They are different songs that bring nostalgic feelings i usually remember events in my life by the song reigning at the time or that was predominat a few examples are
1. one more night Phil collins every day before i go for holidays in junior days
2.Toni Braxton the heat reminds me of my sister
Elton John's sacrifice is a classic for me
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by OmoKhary(f): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Missonas: For me itz Kenny G's trumpet blowing.all d tracks makes me remembr d good old days.esp with DBN television cheesy
aww.....u just made me happy.DBN's late night movies theme song;night shift by commodores brings back that beautiful feeling....damn!i want to b young again
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by OmoKhary(f): 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2013
I don't know the name of the artiste who sang this song "dodo ati rice" bt that song brings back fond memories for me n kids who grew up in mushin n surulere.I think the song increased the rate at which ppl bought and ate rice and dodo

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by nonesense: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
Fredrick909: [size=21pt] Songs That Remind Me of HighSchool. [/size]
He Lives in You - Diana Ross
White Flag -Dido
We are all in This Together - High School Musical 3
Sand in My shoes, and Life for Rent - Dido,
Anytime i hear these songs i remember my Highschool , My friends and some of the few girls i had a crush on.

[size=21pt] Songs of Love and Emotions[/size]
You are The Love of my life- George Benson
To love you more, Tell Him, - Celine Dion
Unbreakable, Soledad, Evergreen - Westlife
My boo, Usher Ft AliciaKeys,
Need You - Nelly and Kelly Na wa oo, with these rainbow colored and big text you used....one Like you no get grin grin
sorrow tears and blood by Fela all the way.....reminds me of military regime
She ain't You- Chrisbrown
Adiemus, Only Time - Enya.
Clash of Twins Soundtrack
Paradise, rain down, - Phil Collins
Chiquitter Cry like Rivers - Abba
Goodbye D Saddest Word and
A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion

[size=21pt] Gospel My Best
Our God is an Awesome God He Reigns,
More of You
Awesome God,
You are Mighty and You are holy,
My Life is in Your Hands
Melody Melody Melody,
I'm not for Sale,

We are Aliens - Lecrae
Revolution - Kirk Franklin
You are my strength
And many too numerous to mention...
[/size]
suffering and Smilling..
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by ochukoccna: 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
Pac songz does it for me (was in my impressionable teenage years @ the height of the East/West Coast feuds) especially his All Eyez On Me double album (which I prefer to &believe dusts the 7 Dayz Theory album)
Run tha streetz,Life goes on,Heartz of men,Trading War Stories,Ain't mad Atcha,When we ride,Only God can judge me etc.
Ni99a passed at his prime 17 years ago but left music still relevant till now
He wasn't the greatest with ill rhymes but his emotion,poetry and energy remains unsurpassed
Heck,how can you tag Lil Wayne &all'em dude rappers? Entertainers,yes but rappers..Hell no!..NAS was right...Hip Hop is dead

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: ^^ I vividly remember the old NTA theme songs ^^
with that your black and white tv right?lol
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Missonas(f): 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=OmoKhary]aww.....u just made me happy.DBN's late night movies theme song;night shift by commodores brings back that beautiful feeling....damn!i want to b young again

;-(Me too...:-D

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by CarmelloANGEL(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ballerina girl & deep river woman both by Lionel Richie remind me of my pre-degree days in Lautech when men wia boiz...lately its 'ur waist' by iyanya..mehn!...dt song can evoke a lotta tinz
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Alleinad(f): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
"Stand up for the champions" reminds me of my two best girlfriends, it was the night we went for our state xmas fireworks.
"Things I'll never say" by avril lavigne brings to mind my future husband! We're lying in my open roof ferrari, gazing at the stars, as the song plays.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by topchef: 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
For me it's Daniel bedingfield - never gonna leave your side

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by scobaba: 4:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
Vitamin C- graduation song, reminds me of my days in boarding school.

All Eri Donaldson's songs, bob marley n cloud 7(I hope dats d name of d group) reminds me of my Late mum in the mid 9O's(I guess she wished she married Eric D).

Enya's 'ONLY TIME' reminds me of uche, my chick back in university.

Noel's 'SILENT MORNING' n Baltimora's 'TARZAN BOY' reminds me of my face to face neighbour, papa kingsley n his turn table in d late 8O's.

I could go on n on....but make we leave am here.

Dr Sid feat. Don Jazzy, Wizkid and Phyno - Surulere Remix / MayD Launches 'Confam Entertainment' Record Label / Kizz Daniel - 'Jaho' (Video)