Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

I Attended An ECK Service Today: My Thoughts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Attended An ECK Service Today: My Thoughts (695 Views)

I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo) / RCCG Members Let's Meet Here - How Was The Service Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Attended An ECK Service Today: My Thoughts by mkmyers45(m): 8:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
I attended an enkankar service today and i was generally impressed...

Thoughts:

Service was quite normal and brief
Sermon was about love and it made a lot of sense
Find the constant reference to the Living Mantra as quite odd
Constant chanting of the HU can be quite exhilarating
Finds member experiences during HU chants and contemplations as quite narrow
Thinks the teachings of the movements are a little confusing pertaining to several issues e.g Forgiveness and Karma etc etc

Hope to still know and see for myself
Re: I Attended An ECK Service Today: My Thoughts by Patuwa: 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
It be like say na girl u follow go there abi?
Re: I Attended An ECK Service Today: My Thoughts by mkmyers45(m): 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
Patuwa: It be like say na girl u follow go there abi?

wonder why you will imagine that...and actually i did not

(1) (Reply)

How Long Should A Sermon Be? / An Atheist Manifesto / Atheists To Start 1-800 Hotline For Doubters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.