Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt (26091 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / Lagos Has 1 Million HIV/AIDS Patients? / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Ibangap(m): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2013
2face said d town is worse dan Sodom and Gomorah but he's short of words to describe dem. Now i believe him.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by flow1759: 9:36am On Mar 18, 2013
nawa oh. So corper wey dey serve for benue go begin dey cry be dat.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Burger01(m): 9:37am On Mar 18, 2013
Odunharry:
what about ur clippers?blade?syringe etc
...blood transfusion, and children born through an infected mother etc.. BTW, i believe the figures are exaggerated.... sad

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by killuminati(m): 9:39am On Mar 18, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]That's almost 25% of the state. It means 1 in every 4 people you see in Benue are HIV positive.[/size]
them say 2 in every 5 people, you say 1 in every 4 people.. Which one to follow now? The article or you? Mtchw!

Na to ban person dem sabi!

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by victorD3: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2013
SHOCKING STATISTIC!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2013
Odunharry: what about ur clippers?blade?syringe etc

[size=13pt]Yes, however, intercourse is the number one method of transmission.[/size]

Dr.Tony:
If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply is prone to tear on friction with any this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and †ђε HIV is transmitted,

Have you also forgotten that virus was forst found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.

[size=13pt]I'm very much aware. It still comes down to unsafe intercourse. Straight sex or gay sex. If there's no condom, then it's not safe and they're at risk.[/size]

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Positiveminds(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:
Ghen Ghen. Next time GEJ visits Benue, Boko Haram should please the scumbag with 5 naughty hoes with HIV+. That's a better way to bomb the clueless Oga At The Top.

Now it is so clear you are a mad person.

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]As terrifying as this news is, it was something else that caught my eye. How can the rising number of AIDS be partly attributed to a rising number of youths becoming homosexuals? I fail to see how that mention is remotely relevant. HIV/AIDS is not a "gay disease". Homosexual or not, Nigerians have unsafe intercourse. Even if the number of homosexuals in Nigeria went down, the rate of HIV/AIDS contraction will continue to rise until more people are monogamous and use condoms, which is currently the ONLY contraceptive that can prevent HIV/AIDS if used regularly and properly (excluding abstinence).[/size]
I thought you are a medical personnel? Don't you know AIDS is more prevalent among gays?

Homosexual men 44 -86 times more likely to be infect with HIV:  "In 2007, MSM [Men Sex with Men] were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women."

http://carm.org/statistics-percentage-population-hiv-infected

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by killuminati(m): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Omen100: Ooh my beloved blood of God. shocked shocked shocked shocked
come.... You be vampire?

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by slimyem: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Dr.Tony:

If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply is prone to tear on friction with any this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and †ђε HIV is transmitted,

Have you also forgotten that virus was forst found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.
Very enlightening!cool
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ewet: 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Men thts som serious stuff o. Damn!something drastic needs to be done and the govt needs to declare a state of emergency in tht place.Anti retroviral drugs must be readily and cheaply provided and a lot of enlightment on this disease must be carried out,a sociological research to find out why Benue is in this really bad situation must be carried out.
Benue may seem far away but you will be shocked to knw how far and fast this epidemic can spread. Evry1 whose bin to Benue in the last five years must be quarantined and thoroughly checked and those abt goin thr please pack all the condoms in the world. This is really scary. however we shuld remember tht people living with this virus deserves our respect and they can live like evry one else-having the virus is not same as death sentence. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Odunharry(m): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Burger01:
...blood transfusion, and children born through an infected mother etc.. BTW, i believe the figures are exaggerated.... sad
same here..i wonder why those that av posted here are saying sex! sex! sex!.abi na only until u bleep?how about those that have come in contact with unsafe instrument?

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Morgan1092(m): 9:43am On Mar 18, 2013
Dats just exactly my fear. Am currently in Gboko, Benue state. But no runing of shows. Chai!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Samelfisha(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Those pple Der gals so much luv sex dy dnt care who u ar dy jst gv it to u...
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by iykmora(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
na wao....i was there recently (Gboko) and there was dis fine chick who confidently approached me and said she would like us to roll 2gether. Mehn it wasn't easy but i have to run because me no too trust condom sef not to talk of her sayin she prefers skin-to-skin for max pleasure. Pls if you encounter such apply d law of *run away* also beware of Enugu, that is another place of harbour for d disease-i speak from experience, those chicks there are bold and reckless with coition!!!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DonaldGenes(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: D idomas will be the first to be extint
Ohhh bouy ehhhh seee startlinq statistics...
I will be the last person to qo benue-tufiakwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

But come to think of it,are the qirls there too fuckaholic or what? Do they just Bleep any quy them seeeeeeeee on the street?

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by mrofficial2(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Yes, however, intercourse is the number one method of transmission.[/size]

[size=13pt]I'm very much aware. It still comes down to unsafe intercourse. Straight sex or gay sex. If there's no condom, then it's not safe and they're at risk.[/size]

How is it possible to use condom for Analsex?
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DonaldGenes(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2013
ezedolar: O boy I no marry Ene again
Bere qo for HIv test now
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Burger01(m): 9:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:
Ghen Ghen. Next time GEJ visits Benue, Boko Haram should please the scumbag with 5 naughty hoes with HIV+. That's a better way to bomb the clueless Oga At The Top.
Smh for this 'thing'.. I don't think you are human.... sad

Please click Like if you believe 'Seun.A.Plonker' is not normal..

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2013
Seun.A.Plonker:
How is it possible to use condom for Analsex?

[size=13pt]It's very possible. Someone correctly explained it earlier.[/size]

django1: I thought you are a medical personnel? Don't you know AIDS is more prevalent among gays?

Homosexual men 44 -86 times more likely to be infect with HIV:  "In 2007, MSM [Men Sex with Men] were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women."

http://carm.org/statistics-percentage-population-hiv-infected

[size=13pt]I'm a student but I still know what I'm saying. A lot of partners, both homo and hetero, don't use protection in that "certain" type of sex because they feel there's no risk of pregnancy or disease. You'd be surprised at how many heterosexual fools have unprotected back door sex and contract disease in the name of avoiding pregnancy because they think nothing can happen from that end, talkless of homosexual couples. More people need to be informed. Bottom line.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by mrofficial2(m): 9:48am On Mar 18, 2013
Positiveminds:

Now it is so clear you are a mad person.

Don't you see mad people wander? Have you seen a mad person that browses Nairaland? You're just a positive HIV nigga as your username depicts. I will confirm from Abati to know if GEJ is also a product of same-sex marriage so you can help bangg his asss. cool

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by decode55(m): 9:50am On Mar 18, 2013
mobuch: This is a disaster,
Any benue people in the house?
We want to see you comments
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by IGBOSON1: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2013
They should pay particular attention on new born baby carriers to see if they can be effectively 'cured' like happened with the baby in the USA (i think it was) last week.

I think part of the problem is that people don't seem to be afraid of the disease anymore because you don't see people emaciated and dropping dead like in the 80's.

More publicity in high risk areas like schools (from primary to university) motor parks, markets and on the media should help control the thing.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ewet: 9:50am On Mar 18, 2013
Omen100: Ooh my beloved blood of God. shocked shocked shocked shocked
This no longer a joking matter.The govt needs to do somthing fast and not just talk abt it and 4get abt it after today. Research needs to be carried out to know the reasons why benue is so badly infected, Is it the culture,is it the food or water,is it poverty,it could be anything.The govt needs to declare a state of emergency and not keep this lying low.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by touchmeder: 9:51am On Mar 18, 2013
Sad after all these while,this problem still persists in Benue State.There has to be a reason lipsrsealed
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]It's very possible. Someone correctly explained it earlier.[/size]

[size=13pt]I'm a student but I still know what I'm saying. A lot of partners, both homo and hetero, don't use protection in that "certain" type of sex because they feel there's no risk of pregnancy or disease. You'd be surprised at how many heterosexual fools have unprotected back door sex and contract disease in the name of avoiding pregnancy because they think nothing can happen from that end, talkless of homosexual couples. More people need to be informed. Bottom line.[/size]
You're right but I don't know why you fail to see the connection between increase in homos and HIV prevalence in the state!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Vincent41(m): 9:51am On Mar 18, 2013
contactmorak: The Benue State government has disclosed that over one million out of the 4.5 million population in the state have been infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).

This was made known at the training of media professional on HIV/AIDS held at the Conference Hall, Ministry of Information, Markurdi, Benue
State, on Thursday.

The Executive Secretary, Benue State Action on Control of AIDS (BESACA), Mrs. Grace Wende, in a paper entitled “Basic facts on HIV/AIDS,” said that about 400,000 children living with the virus have been placed on antiretroviral drugs (ARV), adding that 708,640 adults are living with the disease.

Based on the statistics, about two out of five people in the state are carriers of the disease, with women having it more than men.

“In Benue State, the number of adults infected with HIV/AIDS was 708,640, out of which 21,259 were new infections in 2011. In the same year, 17,139 women were found positive.
The number of children requiring ARV was 398,888,” she said.

Mrs Wende cited the attitude of the people of the state to unprotected sex and the rising number of youths becoming homosexuals as factors responsible for the rise in the scourge.
Speaking further, Mrs. Wende noted that many men who flock around ladies and engage in unprotected sex also transmit the virus to their unsuspecting wives.

The Commissioner for Information, Mr. Comrad Wegba, regretted that despite the huge amount of funds the state had committed into the fight against the scourge, the disease was
still spreading.

He blamed the practise of unprotected sex and the deliberate spreading of the disease by carriers as the major sources of the spread of
the disease in the state.

“The former governor of the state, Chief George Akume, visited Angola to see the havoc the disease wreaked on the land and ways to reduce the scourge. Unfortunately, while the
prevalence of the disease has reduced in other parts of the country, Benue is getting worse by the day and this is as a result of our attitude to
unprotected sex as well as deliberate move by the carriers to spread the disease,” Wegba said.

Together with Mrs. Wende, the commissioner called for behavioural change among the people, urging them to stick to a partner and
use condom.
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/7432-one-million-people-hiv-positive-in-benue-govt

hahahahahahah....na where i de serve oooooooo...hahahah...benue sabi f****- maka chiii
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Revolva(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2013
disisflex: After 6 cups of buruntashi..wat do u expect..I fear dis middle belt and northerners...AIDS na their username.
Shut up its just an exagerration what about enugu state ..dat has a high. Percentage of prostitutes everwhere and also HIV rate in d east..bayelsa nkor..if you ave not been to bayelsa u no go know say their men na woman wrapper..can poke anytin raw..gals na freaks..make we hear word jare sey na only benue dey naija
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DrTony1(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013
slimyem: Very enlightening!cool

Really? So spread †ђε message madam,
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DonaldGenes(m): 9:54am On Mar 18, 2013
Dygeasy: Probably their S.€.x drive is high, save for the fact that 2face is from benue statecheesy
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!! No wonder their Genes are semblance of each other!! I think the overall environment(overtime) and the food there is affecting these people and that is what is making their sex hormones drive so astronomical hiqh and automatically,the genes are been passed on from First Filial Generation to the Present..it's like that and that's what am seeing
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by patholaw: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2013
I skool here in benue, makurdi. As freshers den d skool came up with somtin like dis, dat 80% of d girls admitted are HIV positive...we later found out dat dey just say those stuff to discourage sex in skool...dat is not to say d level of HIV is not high. Any1 dat stay close 2 where anti ritroviral drugs are given in d state wld know wat am talking about...u see lots of people coming...and dey don't go 2 d clinic or hospital in their area. They go far where dey don't know them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: Boss Mustapha Reverses Self, Says He's Aware Of Poor Healthcare System / Fascinating Facts About Farting / False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49