Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt (26097 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / Lagos Has 1 Million HIV/AIDS Patients? / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by sweetcheecks(f): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Even south African get mouth about HIV shocked shocked wonder shall never end.if the poster of AIDS feels like giving advices that means there is a problem in benue grin shocked

Yes, we are one of the most educated on the subject becouse we know what it can do. Unlike the likes of you who choose to bury their heads in the sand forgeting that you whole body is exposed. By the way, go crawl back to your cow dung hut, cameroon is not even a country but a desert. There is not even stats on your country and no one cares. lipsrsealed
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by temtem1(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]It possibly distinguishes the different kinds of pleasure between same sex and opposite sex. The physiology remains the same. The truth is that heterosexuals perform the act and heterosexuals enjoy the act. So what exactly is your point?

The initial statement that you tried to respond to was along the lines of a man's anus differing from that of a woman. Eight pages later and no one has answered the question. How homosexual transmission of HIV via the anus and heterosexual transmission of HIV via the anus differs also has not been answered. The truth is that there's no difference. The problem with the HIV/AIDS contraction rate in terms of transmission via intimacy stems down to partners not being abstinent or their being intimate in an unsafe manner.

Man or woman, gay or straight, use a condom. Nigerians should research the cost of abstinence, the cost of a condom, the cost of an abortion, the cost of birthing and raising an infant, and the cost of antiviral drugs for treating HIV. Which is cheaper/cheapeast?
The two safer options, abstinence and condoms, don't cost up to $5 dollars. The cost of the rest are in the hundreds and thousands. Why can't common sense be common?[/size]

You make some of the most logical and incisive comments I come across on this site. I'm a big fan. Think I'd like to know you more. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by saved: 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Where in Benue do they do that? I saw it in the Culture section once and was surprised. My dad was raised in Otukpo and never heard of or saw it.[/size]
:- It is not everything the hunter experiences while on expedition that he tells the children on arrival. With all due respect and honour, you dad is a "coded africa man" and will speak to you in parables about these cultural practices if you try to enquire. Lots of respect for your dad. Thanks.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
saved: :- It is not everything the hunter experiences while on expedition that he tells the children on arrival. With all due respect and honour, you dad is a "coded africa man" and will speak to you in parables about these cultural practices if you try to enquire. Lots of respect for your dad. Thanks.

[size=13pt][/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hmm. That means I should be very
'careful' when in Benue. cheesy
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by sweetcheecks(f): 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Biafra rep: you do not have to consume every report you see hook, line and sinker, especially our local statistics. I believe you are an adult, it is a known fact that many Nigerians do not go for HIV test, now if among the few that went for HIV test, out of 4.5 million produced 1.1million carriers what happens when majority goes for the test? In Botswana and other high HIV prevalent countries in Southern Africa, there was a corresponding high percentage of deaths and children orphaned by Aids even up to 1/3 of the population, now is this the case with Benue? I will appreciate it if you answer me politely, nobody is claiming to be a Prof here least of all you with your spelling and tense blunders.

Before, i respond to you please lets address the spelling and tense english prof. You can not insult, patronise and instruct someone not to do the same. You are being sneaky. I have never positioned myself as an expert or prof of anything just giving my advice on what i have been educated on and the exposure to such views and attitude.

By the way please by all means continue to believe whatever you believe. I could not be bothered. I just hope you do not experience this first hand. Warning others is just ubuntu. Just becouse SA went through this does not mean everyone has to go through the same.

Nigeria does not have a comprehensive database that register all deaths and their couses. And how many people die in the hospitals? Or even have access to hospitals? Your life expectancy is 49 years vs SA's 62. What are you dying from at such a young age? Poverty? War? If you can answer me on this then I will understand your point.

Oh no, I know the answer that stats is not accurate, coz you great grandmother is still alive? You hopeless! undecided Goodluck if not already too late. undecided
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
CFCfan: Hmm. That means I should be very
'careful' when in Benue. cheesy

[size=13pt]You should be careful anywhere and everywhere. Promiscuity and HIV are not unique to only Benue.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
tem_tem: You make some of the most logical and incisive comments I come across on this site. I'm a big fan. Think I'd like to know you more. Cheers!

[size=13pt]Thank you smiley[/size]

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by saved: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
caesaraba:

Hmmmm, you know so much about Benue o. Such a high level of knowledge deserves an award. Where are you from sire?
@ceasaraba:- This is an open secret in Benue. I have lived long enough in middle belt to know the culture and communal practices. Aayan.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Klinee: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2013
tem_tem:

You make some of the most logical and incisive comments I come across on this site. I'm a big fan. Think I'd like to know you more. Cheers!
the girl is a gay.i have been monitoring all her comments in evry gay thread issue.she is a gay,she can never allow
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by temtem1(m): 3:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
Klinee: the girl is a gay.i have been monitoring all her comments in evry gay thread issue.she is a gay,she can never allow

You must be jobless!!! What's ur interest in gay threads? Better check urself, u just never know. I like her constructive and mature arguments.....don't care what/who she is.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Klinee: the girl is a gay.i have been monitoring all her comments in evry gay thread issue.she is a gay,she can never allow

She is definitely not gay!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Ayrichy(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
GOD WILL HELP THE YOUTH IN BENUE STATE OOO GUY PLS BECAREFUL [color=#006600][/color]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by iamtheprincipal: 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
Dr.Tony:

If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher risk, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply & is prone to tear on friction with any object, be it penis, this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part of †ђε rectum was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and hence tђε HIV is transmitted so easily.

Have you also forgotten that virus was first found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.get your facts & epidemology studies right before mis-informing thousands of masses & further encouraging gays thereby increasing †ђε prevalence of this immune killer.
Thanks
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by sweetcheecks(f): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
Dr.Tony:

If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher risk, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply & is prone to tear on friction with any object, be it penis, this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part of †ђε rectum was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and hence tђε HIV is transmitted so easily.

Have you also forgotten that virus was first found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.get your facts & epidemology studies right before mis-informing thousands of masses & further encouraging gays thereby increasing †ђε prevalence of this immune killer.
Thanks

I totally agree with you that a tear/friction increases the
chances but this can happen in the the anus or vagina. What
about the virgin hunters? Dont tears happen to virgins? How many virgins loose their virginity every year compared to homosexual activities in Nigeria? Relevence to the location is very important here.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
another not so fun fact about gays;

gay men are sexually turned on by the scent combination of gym sweat and diarrhea
gay men consider poop and blood discharge during s3x as the height of sodomy thats why they will naturally want to Bleep a straight guy who will give them this reaction since all gays have already popped their poop cherry.
gay men love to break a straight guy. I have had the misfortune to have a gay dude beg me to have him suck mah d1ck tellin me I will never let a woman near me afterwards.
gay dudes cherish their gay circle not as a support group but an avenue to have access to s3x.
gay men are not born but bent by some a33hole when they were young in short 90% of gay men were abused by an adult when they were kids.
gay men all harbor shame and a desire to become straight and have a healthy normal relationship with women
gay men amount to the highest reoccurring cases of syphilis in the U.S.
GAY IS BAD.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Yes, we are one of the most educated on the subject becouse we know what it can do. Unlike the likes of you who choose to bury their heads in the sand forgeting that you whole body is exposed. By the way, go crawl back to your cow dung hut, cameroon is not even a country but a desert. There is not even stats on your country and no one cares. lipsrsealed
we see the kind of education you have down there, with your president who thinks you can cure AIDS by washing your penis. What a successful education. Funny enough the rate of people with AIDS keep rising, guess education ain't your forte lmao.A desert is peaceful and I would rather live there than in a AIDS ravaged jungle aka SA.land of pedop.hile,rapists ,xenophobic .
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by sweetcheecks(f): 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: we see the kind of education you have down there, with your president who thinks you can cure AIDS by washing your penis. What a successful education. Funny enough the rate of people with AIDS keep rising, guess education ain't your forte lmao.A desert is peaceful and I would rather live there than in a AIDS ravaged jungle aka SA.land of pedop.hile,rapists ,xenophobic .

Do not come and derail this thread. Open yours fool.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 20, 2013
lipsrsealed wink^^ wink^^ don't mess with me ..
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Venchy: 1:26am On Mar 20, 2013
Biafra rep: You sound like a white supremacist! Thats a racist rant!!
The truth is always bitter, isn't it ?....What has my comment got to do with with white supremacy, you sound really inferior and you don't accept reality....Typical Nigerian.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 20, 2013
The stigmatization of AIDS and HIV/AIDS carriers in Nigerian society is well spelled out in many of the comments in this thread. I can now quickly understand why there is going to be continuous rise in the condition as people are not ready to accept the reality. The reality is that the sufferers need helps. And, the society needs awareness to make that possible.

HIV/AIDS victims need the society help not hell of stigmatization!

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ORAFA(m): 6:28am On Mar 20, 2013
Ame Lon Ro: Benue has always been at the forefront of this HIV toppers since tey tey. Their women I hear are very loose with sex thing... That is basically the cause of the geometric spread and high number of people with the dreaded virus. May God help us to ZIP UP! Amen.
You say these based on what you heard. Has is it Benue topping the prevalence list all these years? Get facts and stop spilling falsehood.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ORAFA(m): 6:42am On Mar 20, 2013
galaxi:
am a batch B Corp member,we are scared of anything in skirt down here....the major problem is benue indigene are very lazy &too much intake of alcohol.all you need to sex a lady is a botle of beer.
Lazy in what regard? Some of you youth corpers are just empty head morons. I wonder how you managed to graduate. If u can't give a fair assessment of a people just shut your mouth.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ORAFA(m): 6:46am On Mar 20, 2013
Buchiano(m):

U jst said d truth! They drink so much $ ar lazy.
Wich LG ar U @? I served in Gboko.
U served in Gboko and call Gboko people lazy? My friend u are totally D.U.M.B.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ORAFA(m): 7:12am On Mar 20, 2013
Biafra rep: BE CAREFULL! While we were in the university, some couple of years ago, we(four of us) went for our friend/course mates elder brothers wedding at Gboko, because we appeared crisp, many of the girls kept making passes at us though I wasnt interested but one of us exchanged no with one of them and later invited her in the evening, before 20 minutes of her arrival, they went into the inner room, after having sex with her, my guy came out to inform us that the girl was willing to do with us but I declined. When the girl left I asked my guy if he used condom and to my shock he said no! Now I cant have sex in Benue, even with condom.
Nice script. Don't make girls look so cheap just because a topic u like is been debated. Ur friend must have used magic on dat gal if it happened so easy.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by ORAFA(m): 7:20am On Mar 20, 2013
HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE TESTED AND KNOW YOUR STATUS?

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by agiboma(f): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]As terrifying as this news is, it was something else that caught my eye. How can the rising number of AIDS be partly attributed to a rising number of youths becoming homosexuals? I fail to see how that mention is remotely relevant. HIV/AIDS is not a "gay disease". Homosexual or not, Nigerians have unsafe intercourse. Even if the number of homosexuals in Nigeria went down, the rate of HIV/AIDS contraction will continue to rise until more people are monogamous and use condoms, which is currently the ONLY contraceptive that can prevent HIV/AIDS if used regularly and properly (excluding abstinence).[/size]

Although it is not a "gay disease" the incedence among individuals who are "gay" is higher, that has been statistically proven. Back int he 1980's when HIV was made know it was then considered to be a "gay" disease and was mostly found among individuals who practised homosexuality. This was then thought to be caused by the lifestyle most homosexuals live, i.e having multiple partners and not using protection when engaging in sexual intercourse. So if the occurance of HIV positive is higher among gays it truely does not surprise me.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Biafrarep(m): 1:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Before, i respond to you please lets address the spelling and tense english prof. You can not insult, patronise and instruct someone not to do the same. You are being sneaky. I have never positioned myself as an expert or prof of anything just giving my advice on what i have been educated on and the exposure to such views and attitude.

By the way please by all means continue to believe whatever you believe. I could not be bothered. I just hope you do not experience this first hand. Warning others is just ubuntu. Just becouse SA went through this does not mean everyone has to go through the same.

Nigeria does not have a comprehensive database that register all deaths and their couses. And how many people die in the hospitals? Or even have access to hospitals? Your life expectancy is 49 years vs SA's 62. What are you dying from at such a young age? Poverty? War? If you can answer me on this then I will understand your point.

Oh no, I know the answer that stats is not accurate, coz you great grandmother is still alive? You hopeless! undecided Goodluck if not already too late. undecided
Dont get me wrong,I create awareness about HIV/AIDS. HIV is very real and everybody is at risk. The phobia of it is one of the reasons why I do not engage in indiscriminate sex. I have my personal clipper and I dont share sharp objects. I know my status and I want it to remain negative. That said, my point is that the numbers being peddled in this article is grossly exaggerated and flies in the face of logic. I cited the example of Botswana were the AIDS pandemic is severe and has led to the death of a significant portion of their population and yet you are mentioning life expectancy of SA. The Benue government for all intent and purpose may decide to use propoganda in their fight against this pandemic for obvious reasons, which is to scare the youths into celibacy as well carefulness and equally to obtain big grants from donor agencies.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Biafrarep(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Biafrarep(m): 2:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
ORAFA: Nice script. Don't make girls look so cheap just because a topic u like is been debated. Ur friend must have used magic on dat gal if it happened so easy.
Lol. Magic ko, talisman ni. Believe you me, they were the ones trying to seduce us!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
agiboma: Although it is not a "gay disease" the incedence among individuals who are "gay" is higher, that has been statistically proven. Back int he 1980's when HIV was made know it was then considered to be a "gay" disease and was mostly found among individuals who practised homosexuality. This was then thought to be caused by the lifestyle most homosexuals live, i.e [size=14pt]having multiple partners and not using protection[/size] when engaging in sexual intercourse. So if the occurance of HIV positive is higher among gays it truely does not surprise me.

[size=13pt]That's the point I've been trying to make. No one gets HIV because they're homosexual. You can't say more gays = more HIV without questioning their lifestyle and practices. Because some gays are reckless does not mean all are. That's like someone calling me fraudulent because I'm Nigerian.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fascinating Facts About Farting / False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream / 6 Surprising Heart Disease Warning Signs (and What To Do About Them).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.