Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt (26092 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / Lagos Has 1 Million HIV/AIDS Patients? / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 18, 2013
disisflex: My first tym on nairaland and I'm the 3rd to comment...dancing azonto and aminooo
Guy this not a joking matter stop dancing Azonto help people to avoid more of this. Only saying aids is real can make someone think twice b4 having unprotected sex.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Sweetapple007(f): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2013
This alment is spreading out of control, may God help us.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 18, 2013
django1: You're right but I don't know why you fail to see the connection between increase in homos and HIV prevalence in the state!

[size=13pt]I don't see how it's relevant. Homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, transsexual... that's arbitrary. Like I said initially, you can eradicate all the homosexuals from Benue and the HIV contractions rates will continue to rise. The problem isn't that there are more homosexuals. The problem is that there are more people using less or no protection. That's not even delving into maternal-infant contraction and transmission via blood transfusion. Lack of condom use is the biggest problem though.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by IGBOSON1: 9:57am On Mar 18, 2013
iykmora: na wao....i was there recently (Gboko) and there was dis fine chick who confidently approached me and said she would like us to roll 2gether. Mehn it wasn't easy but i have to run because me no too trust condom sef not to talk of her sayin she prefers skin-to-skin for max pleasure. Pls if you encounter such apply d law of *run away* also beware of Enugu, that is another place of harbour for d disease-i speak from experience, those chicks there are bold and reckless with coition!!!

^^^You say "also be aware of Enugu", and you say you're saying so from experience; so care to tell us which place in Nigeria you can go to and have sex freely......where the 'chicks' are safer, holy, and mostly virgins?
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DrTony1(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Yes, however, intercourse is the number one method of transmission.[/size]

[size=13pt]I'm very much aware. It still comes down to unsafe intercourse. Straight sex or gay sex. If there's no condom, then it's not safe and they're at risk.[/size]

If its so madam, so kindly edit your previous post as it might be mis-leading. †ђε chances of getting †ђε virus from unsafe anal intercourse far out-weighs that of contacting it by vaginal intercouse by a hundred fold.
Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by s25million: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2013
Dr.Tony:

If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher risk, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply & is prone to tear on friction with any object, be it penis, this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part of †ђε rectum was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and hence tђε HIV is transmitted so easily.

Have you also forgotten that virus was first found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.get your facts & epidemology studies right before mis-informing thousands of masses & further encouraging gays thereby increasing †ђε prevalence of this immune killer.
Thanks
i love when folks know what they are talking about
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by IGBOSON1: 9:59am On Mar 18, 2013
Burger01:
...blood transfusion, and children born through an infected mother etc.. BTW, i believe the figures are exaggerated.... sad

^^^If exaggerating and massaging the figures a bit would scare people into practicing safe sex then i'm all for it.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Rick9(m): 10:00am On Mar 18, 2013
Ah this is very serious Abstinence and prayer still remains the key
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2013
Dr.Tony:
If its so madam, so kindly edit your previous post as it might be mis-leading. †ђε chances of getting †ђε virus from unsafe anal intercourse far out-weighs that of contacting it by vaginal intercouse by a hundred fold.
Thanks once again.

[size=13pt]There's nothing to edit. Unsafe sex is dangerous period. That's the point I'm trying to make. If people have to do it, then they should do so in a safe and responsible manner. It doesn't matter if it's from the front or back. What matters is if it's safe or not.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Ejine(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]As terrifying as this news is, it was something else that caught my eye. How can the rising number of AIDS be partly attributed to a rising number of youths becoming homosexuals? I fail to see how that mention is remotely relevant. HIV/AIDS is not a "gay disease". Homosexual or not, Nigerians have unsafe intercourse. Even if the number of homosexuals in Nigeria went down, the rate of HIV/AIDS contraction will continue to rise until more people are monogamous and use condoms, which is currently the ONLY contraceptive that can prevent HIV/AIDS if used regularly and properly (excluding abstinence).[/size]

AIDS once used to be called GRIDS (Gay-Related Immune Deficiency Syndrome) so maybe they're trying to use that yeye argument grin
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Ofuks(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2013
Interesting statistics...I can imagine the United Nations and donor agencies pumping foreign currency into Benue State and some sharp guys smiling to the bank. Very interesting!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DrTony1(m): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2013
$25 million:
i love when folks know what they are talking about
Thanks bro smiley
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I don't see how it's relevant. Homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, transsexual... that's arbitrary. Like I said initially, you can eradicate all the homosexuals from Benue and the HIV contractions rates will continue to rise. The problem isn't that there are more homosexuals. The problem is that there are more people using less or no protection. That's not even delving into maternal-infant contraction and transmission via blood transfusion. Lack of condom use is the biggest problem though.[/size]
I understand your point, but statistics support the fact that the higher the number of homos the higher the HIV prevalence, that's just the way it is.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by tjskii(f): 10:01am On Mar 18, 2013
Errr no be 2face town be dat undecided undecided
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by kramer: 10:02am On Mar 18, 2013
Please what has the Benue Government been doing with the money allocated to it to fight the spread??

They should first give us an account of how they have spent the money and then we can carry on from there. The masses should not be blamed yet

Because I believe if people are vigorously warned about AIDS or preventative mechanisms are preached this sort of news wouldn't come up, definitely not to this degree.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DonaldGenes(m): 10:02am On Mar 18, 2013
iykmora: na wao....i was there recently (Gboko) and there was dis fine chick who confidently approached me and said she would like us to roll 2gether. Mehn it wasn't easy but i have to run because me no too trust condom sef not to talk of her sayin she prefers skin-to-skin for max pleasure. Pls if you encounter such apply d law of *run away* also beware of Enugu, that is another place of harbour for d disease-i speak from experience, those chicks there are bold and reckless with coition!!!

Faaaaint on hearinq this shockinq and qraphic details!!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 18, 2013
django1: I understand your point, but statistics support the fact that the higher the number of homos the higher the HIV prevalence, that's just the way it is.

[size=13pt]That's not what it is. Homosexuals are not the only ones engaging in back door sex. It's an act practiced by several, regardless of sexuality. Implying that HIV is a gay disease is beyond misleading when heterosexual partners do what they do. It still boils down to using protection.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by cheleku(m): 10:04am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]As terrifying as this news is, it was something else that caught my eye. How can the rising number of AIDS be partly attributed to a rising number of youths becoming homosexuals? I fail to see how that mention is remotely relevant. HIV/AIDS is not a "gay disease". Homosexual or not, Nigerians have unsafe intercourse. Even if the number of homosexuals in Nigeria went down, the rate of HIV/AIDS contraction will continue to rise until more people are monogamous and use condoms, which is currently the ONLY contraceptive that can prevent HIV/AIDS if used regularly and properly (excluding abstinence).[/size]

It has been scientifically proven that HIV rate is higher in homosexual men than in their heterosexual counterparts. Though scientists have not really been able to pinpoint the reason. One of the speculated reasons being the tendency of bruising the rectum-which is poorly lubricated-during an*al inter*course, thereby facilitating fluid exchange. There is also a higher likelihood of having a tear in the protective latex being used.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by KGB2008: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2013
Grace Mende is a b***looking for more fund.You and your Family are also infected going by your statistics.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by jadakiss213(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

He's saying that with the stunning revelation,idoma people will all die possibly because they own the sextrade in benue state !
noo,The TIV ethnic group is worse..

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Blackgold09(f): 10:09am On Mar 18, 2013
naijathings: how many dem be for there? if 1milla don carry the thing
u no read before u talk?
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by vanstanzy(m): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2013
Blame Tuface!

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by alyarmouk(m): 10:11am On Mar 18, 2013
its high time the people of benue state start cautioning their govts for these gross abuse.
all in the name of getting a larger chunk of USAID funding you label your people HIV POSITIVE... thats disheartning!
its quite obvious the country pays no attention to population and statistics, so I wonder where this biopsy of the benue state govt is coming from.

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 18, 2013

^^^^

Omen100: Ooh my beloved blood of God. shocked shocked shocked shocked

lol
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2013
vanstanzy: Blame Tuface!

undecided
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2013
cheleku: It has been scientifically proven that HIV rate is higher in homosexual men than in their heterosexual counterparts. Though scientists have not really been able to pinpoint the reason. One of the speculated reasons being the tendency of bruising the rectum-which is poorly lubricated-during an*al inter*course, thereby facilitating fluid exchange. There is also a higher likelihood of having a tear in the protective latex being used.

[size=13pt]Don't men and women have the same kind of behind? A man's butt doesn't tear any easier or harder than that of a woman. Homosexuals are not genetically wired to transmit or contract the disease any easier than heterosexuals. The magic word is protection. Heterosexuals are more likely to use protection as they're the ones capable of getting pregnant/impregnating. If pregnancy was possible in same-sex, the numbers wouldn't be any different than that of heterosexuals. Educators have taught for the longest time that opposite-sex can result in pregnancy and disease, which is obviously true. However, the back door issue isn't taught in school. Most people who are intimate don't know what sex is or what it entails in terms of consequences. That's how we have millions of pregnant and infected teens.

What others have said about tissue tearing in same-sex is 100%. I'm not disagreeing with that. All I'm saying is that they don't contract HIV solely because of tissue tears. That's actually secondary. The primary issue is the same issue plaguing heterosexuals: being unsafe. You'd be surprised at the number of people, hetero and homo, who have "back door" sex and don't know they need to be protected there as well.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by mrofficial2(m): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2013
Burger01:
Smh for this 'thing'.. I don't think you are human.... sad

Please click Like if you believe 'Seun.A.Plonker' is not normal..

Yea, Seun is a plonker and he's not normal. Unless you meant to say the person behind this moniker, you dimwit!

You're getting the likes now, please take it to GTBank, I heard they reward any post with at least 20 likes on Nairaland. cool

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by slimyem: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2013
Dr.Tony:

Really? So spread †ђε message madam,
Yes.didn't understand the emphasis on homosexuals and their spread of the disease before now.The epithelial whatever made it all clear.smiley
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by vanstanzy(m): 10:21am On Mar 18, 2013

Preach ABSTINENCE sister, that monogamous stuff and condoms u just mentioned doesn't really

make sense to mua. But on second thought, when will we really draw the line on promiscuity? To me telling people to

use condoms properly or stick to one partner is like giving them a certificate to be promiscuous. Abstinence still

remains the best answer.

2 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DonaldGenes(m): 10:21am On Mar 18, 2013
Hmmmmmph!!!!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by killuminati(m): 10:22am On Mar 18, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]There's nothing to edit. Unsafe sex is dangerous period. That's the point I'm trying to make. If people have to do it, then they should do so in a safe and responsible manner. It doesn't matter if it's from the front or back. What matters is if it's safe or not.[/size]
abeg edit your post jor! All these lil girls sef dem too stubborn! After educating you on the subject matter you are still proving stubborn ehn.. Simply say thank you and move the F on!

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by TableLeg(m): 10:22am On Mar 18, 2013
Omen100: Ooh my beloved blood of God. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are you fu...cking mad? What is the meaning of beloved blood of God?! Ode!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: Boss Mustapha Reverses Self, Says He's Aware Of Poor Healthcare System / Fascinating Facts About Farting / False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.