Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,657 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62570 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
I know you'll update next month! cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
idee.esperanza:
I know you'll update next month! cheesy

Lol... Ouch... We're already in next month. Happy new month pals

Some very long updates are already ready. NEPA things sadly enough cry
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
DermalCarotene:

Sorry.... just couldn't help but notice.
Blessing answered a question correctly on a Monday, right? @chapter 1
The next day was a Saturday? @chapter 2..

Very nice story though.

Hahaha
Mistake... I'll look into it later
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
mac-delene:
Nedezze5 back and fully loaded. I greet u. I must commend on crime story U are second to non. Following steadily.

Lolz... My head is "bigging". Thanks for the compliment
Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 4:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
Neduzze5:

Lol... Ouch... We're already in next month. Happy new month pals

Some very long updates are already ready. NEPA things sadly enough cry
mmekop (I don hear)
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:42am On Sep 02, 2013
"Dear, someone is at the door. Could you please go and check it out for me?"

"I'm busy in the kitchen. I can't leave this for any other thing. What are you doing?"

"I'm watching a match, a very interesting one for that matter and I don't think I can stand up from here for any reason" Michael shouted from across the parlour

"Then stay there na. I don't care" Blessing shouted back

"Oooohmmm... Mtcheew" Michael sighed before standing up from where he was sitting to go and open the door.

"You would have stayed there" Blessing retorted as soon as she heard him drag his legs sluggishly across the hallway.

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and a chill one at that. After a hectic environmental morning sanitation exercise, Michael had retired to the parlour to watch a match while Blessing went into the kitchen to prepare what Michael had begged her to prepare - fried yam and tomato egg sauce. She had declined to prepare it saying that she didn't have the strength.

She had just wanted to prepare tea for the both of them to take but he had promised to assist her in the kitchen that's why she had given in but now, he had retired to the parlour leaving her alone in the kitchen. If only she had not started cooking....!

"Take it easy, I'm coming... No break down my door oh. I never get money to buy replace am" Michael shouted from inside at the person who was now knocking heavily on the door as though with the intention to break it down.
Michael opened the door and a surprised look spread all over his face. He had not expected this visitor now or hadn't he....

"O boy... Johnson... what's up pappi?" they hugged tightly before Johnson replied

"I'm cool man. You're looking as busted up as ever man. Look at you!"

"Wow... I thought I told you to call me as soon as you reached the airport"

"You know how it's man... Once you get here, you can't use your phone except you buy a new one and I really am short of cash right now. But you didn't have to worry. I know my way around or you've forgotten I spent over twenty years in this country"

"Wow... you're welcome man. Come in please"
Michael helped him carry his traveling box in while Johnson followed behind

Blessing must have heard the noise outside because she wiped her hands on the kitchen towel and came out to see what was happening.

She stopped in her tracks as she saw Michael come in with a travelling box and with someone she had not seen before. She stared at him for a while assessing him. He was a huge guy and a little bit tall but not so tall. He was taller than Michael as she could see as they both stood in front of her, with black lips and small eyes, not as big as hers but deadly looking.

He wore a jacket with black coloured pants and black Supra shoes to match. In all, he looked astonishingly handsome.

“Who’s she?” Johnson asked Michael.

Before Michael could give an answer, Blessing greeted him.

“Good afternoon” she greeted curtly

“Good afternoon dear. How are you?”

“I’m fine and you?”

“I’m okay”

Michael spoke in between their exchange of pleasantries.

“Johnson, meet Blessing, my woman, and Blessing, meet Johnson, my childhood friend”

“Pleased to meet you” Blessing added and offered her left hand for a shake

“You too”

“Ok, we are done here. Let’s take you to your room” Michael said and led the way “And baby, please hurry up with that food” he added.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2013
[size=28pt]CHAPTER THIRTEEN UP NEXT.... STAY TUNED[/size]

HAPPY NEW MONTH BTW cheesy grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Michelle55: 10:45am On Sep 02, 2013
i'm waiting for more
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:47am On Sep 02, 2013
[size=16pt]CHAPTER THIRTEEN[/size]

Days flew into weeks and weeks into months and months into....!

After, the last operation, they had slowed down on their in-clandestine activities so as not to attract the prying eyes of the police and other enforcement agencies. With the help of Michael, Blessing had been able to open up a boutique for herself and she was doing pretty well with it.

The name of her boutique was The Perfectionist and it was located at 1st Artillery in Port Harcourt. It catered all kind of wears from different countries, both male and female wears, wedding gowns and suits and lots of children wears. It also had a section in the boutique for shoes and jewelries.

The boutique also had a magazine which was produced every week, featuring the latest cloth model and its matching accessories and every Sunday, it was advertised on the famous Rivers Gist newspapers.

Michael was now working as a junior officer in one of the new and richest generation banks after he was able to secure a job there by bribing his way in with a hundred and fifty thousand naira which he had offered to the branch manager.

As he offered the money to the manager, he was filled with regret over the level of corruption that had eaten deep into the economic and industrial system of the Nigerian economy. So if he didn’t have this money, then he wouldn’t have gotten this job? He asked himself a rhetorical question.

“Good Morning Madam” the head sales girl at The Perfectionist boutique greeted Blessing as she walked into the boutique that morning

“Good morning. How was your night” she asked with concern. That was her normal nature, always seeking out for the welfare of her staff

“It was fine Ma” the head sales girl whose name was Macdelene replied. At times, Blessing wondered what sort of name it was because it didn’t look like an English name but sounded like a sort of Jewish or Israeli name.

“Okay, a new consignment will be arriving today from Dubai. Our representative over there is through with the purchases and she will be coming in today so I want you to prepare to move with the three delivery trucks and get along with some boys so as to be able to bring the goods down to the shop. Do you understand?”

“Yes Ma’am” she replied

“Meanwhile, I’ll be taking over operations today in the shop. Summon all the sales girls here”

“Yes Ma”

Within a few seconds, they gathered in front of her. They were four in number including Macdelene.

“Good Morning Ma” they all chorused

“You have greeted me before so there’s no need for that again. I’ll be in the shop today so no act of laziness or nonchalant attitude to work will be tolerated. Do you all understand?”

“Yes Ma”

“A new consignment of goods will be arriving today. Grace”

“Yes Ma”

“Today, you’ll be in charge of the shoes and jewelry section"

“Yes Ma”

“Veave”

“Yes ma”

“You’re in charge of the clothes section today”

“Yes Ma”

“Michelle”

“Ma”

“You’re entrusted with the task of preparing a place for the new goods that will be coming in. Do it neatly and very well”

“Yes Ma”
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Michelle55: 11:09am On Sep 02, 2013
Neduezze5,na wetin i do u nah wey u take ma name do story?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:18am On Sep 02, 2013
Michelle55: Neduezze5,na wetin i do u nah wey u take ma name do story?

Ah... shocked Your name is Michelle??

Lolz... Just felt like including your name cos I like the name.

I think I'll name my first daughter Michelle.

Hope you're not vexed cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Michelle55: 11:32am On Sep 02, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... ok.i am not angry again!!!!!!!!!!! but you have to come and pay due respect to me if you are going to name your daughter after me...anyway the meaning of my name in greek is " THERE IS NONE LIKE GOD" Hope you like it?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:38am On Sep 02, 2013
Michelle55: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............... ok.i am not angry again!!!!!!!!!!! but you have to come and pay due respect to me if you are going to name your daughter after me...anyway the meaning of my name in greek is " THERE IS NONE LIKE GOD" Hope you like it?

Wow... I love it so much... Didn't even know it meant something so beautiful... So how do we meet for me to pay the due respects?? wink
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Michelle55: 11:41am On Sep 02, 2013
WHEN YOUR WIFE GIVES BIRTH,LET ME KNOW AND I CAN THEN TELL YOU HOW AND WHERE TO MEET ME TO PAY DUE RESPECT smiley
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Michelle55: 11:42am On Sep 02, 2013
The name was given to me by ma Rev. Father, so its a special name
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Michelle55: WHEN YOUR WIFE GIVES BIRTH,LET ME KNOW AND I CAN THEN TELL YOU HOW AND WHERE TO MEET ME TO PAY DUE RESPECT smiley

Erm, I'm sorry but....

...that would be a very long time from now.

But for now, enjoy the story. Happy New Month
Re: Story: A New Dawn by veave(f): 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
nedu... hmmmmn... thanks for including my name. it means... exceptionally excellent or perfect!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
veave: nedu... hmmmmn... thanks for including my name. it means... exceptionally excellent or perfect!

Wow... Seriously does your name have a meaning?? No offence though!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by 4kizo(m): 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Kip it on man
Re: Story: A New Dawn by gandyluv(f): 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
nice1...kip it rollin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
And where the heck did iyke came up, check ur new update and delete that name "iyke" cos michael sud be used there.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by veave(f): 6:06am On Sep 03, 2013
Every name has a meaning. Except you're telling me yours doesnt...

not all names on nairaland are 'monickers' you know...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:02am On Sep 03, 2013
4kizo: Kip it on man

Thanks mehn

gandyluv: nice1...kip it rollin

Thanks baby cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:03am On Sep 03, 2013
Damex333: And where the heck did iyke came up, check ur new update and delete that name "iyke" cos michael sud be used there.

You get eye jare.... Seen and corrected.

Thanks!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:05am On Sep 03, 2013
veave: Every name has a meaning. Except you're telling me yours doesnt...

not all names on nairaland are 'monickers' you know...

Yeah, I was thinking it's a moniker... Sweet name though... Sounds like the name of a flower
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Michelle55: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2013
Neduzze5, good morning and how was your night? please i have waited for too long so when are you updating us with the next episode na? grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:02am On Sep 04, 2013
“Okay, meeting dismissed. Get to work”

They all went about their various tasks while Blessing went to the head sales girl’s desk and took a seat.

She then proceeded to go through the sales records, cross checking and balancing sales figures of the boutique.

Few hours later, a man came in to the boutique to get some clothes and shoes. He looked like someone in his mid twenties. As soon as he walked in, she looked up from the calculations she was doing to see who had walked in. She seemed to him as someone she had seen before but she was not sure. Where she sat was side by side with the entrance but far off from the entrance so she wasn’t able to clearly see his face.

He wore a white long sleeve shirt and carried a black overcoat which suggested that he was either an electrician or a lawyer but where was the wig?

He wore a tag with the name of Henry Jacobs but that was one of the things she had not seen

She had wanted to approach him in other to have a good look of his face but she didn’t want to cause a scene there in case he was the wrong person so she sat still.

“Good afternoon Mr. Jacobs” she heard one of the sales girls greet him, a voice she clearly identified as Veave’s own. The name! she thought to her self

“Good afternoon. I need some packet shirts and two pair of trousers. Hope I get to choose by myself” Blessing could hear the male rich baritone voice as he spoke

“Sure, why not?” Veave replied with a questioning look.

He smiled shyly and moved over to the male clothing section

"You mind helping me around and with the choosing?" he asked her

"Okay" she replied with a shrug

As she was still debating in her mind whether to go or not, her phone rang. Mrs. Jennifer was written on the screen followed by a phone number.

“Good afternoon Ma” she greeted over the phone smiling

After some seconds of listening to the woman at the other side of she replied,

“Okay Ma, I will be coming over to your shop right now” and she ended the phone call.

“Veave” she called out

“Veave is attending to a customer right now Ma” Michelle replied

“Okay, Michelle, I’m going out. You two should take care of the shop”

“Okay Ma”

With that, she left for Mrs. Jennifer’s shop that was almost a stone throw from her boutique.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:06am On Sep 04, 2013
“Here, have this. You can use it for lunch. It’s in appreciation of all the help you rendered to me” Henry Jacobs said, handing over a one thousand naira note bill to Michelle.

“Sir?” she mouthed a surprise look

“Yeah, and don’t bother thanking me”

“Thank you Sir” she replied as though she didn’t hear what the Henry had said

“Okay, bye” he replied and walked towards his car.

Meanwhile, Blessing was coming back from Mrs. Jennifer’s shop and she was still a little far off from her shop. She saw Henry come out from her boutique and she increased her steps in other to meet him still with her gaze fixed on him.

In her earnest bid to meet him, she mistakenly tripped on a stone and fell.

Henry waved Michelle bye and entered into his car. He hadn’t seen Blessing fall if not, he would have gone to help her up. In fact, most people on the street at that time had not seen her as she fell. They were all busy doing one thing or the other.

She just picked herself off from the ground and watched him as he zoomed off in his Toyota Carina 2003 model.

“Get me water and a neat rag so that I can clean up myself” she addressed Veave as soon as she got to her boutique

Veave promptly ran in to get what she had been asked to get and even went on to help her in cleaning some of the stains off her clothes

“What’s the name of that man that just left?” she asked Veave

“Erm… I’ve forgotten… Er… It starts from J something. Yes, Jacobs!” she shouted excitedly as a kid that is excited to show his mum the ice cream his Uncle had bought for him.

“What’s his other name?”

“Er… I cannot remember oh”

“Is it Henry?”

“No…. yes…. Er…yes, something like that”

Blessing had been looking down at her clothes but when Veave confirmed her thoughts, she looked up sharply at her and stared endlessly into space.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by gandyluv(f): 10:39am On Sep 04, 2013
dix 1 2 short wo....doin a grt job...kip it up
Re: Story: A New Dawn by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2013
So Blessing and her man are staying together?

'Mashlalisane tings' smh
Re: Story: A New Dawn by zinylizzy(f): 11:22am On Sep 04, 2013
Eheh!!! Nedu now d story is making sense!! New dawn things really! Ride on,okay? u're doing good
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
gandyluv: dix 1 2 short wo....doin a grt job...kip it up

Yeah, sorry. I had to rush it up cos I was travelling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.