Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,921 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62601 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:26am On May 23, 2013
Cute Bliss, I see you. Good morning pretty
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 11:33am On May 23, 2013
VanTee20:

No o, after that one the story go finish grin grin grin.

grin grin issorait
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 11:34am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5: Cute Bliss, I see you. Good morning pretty
morning my dear give us breakfast pls
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:36am On May 23, 2013
@ cute bliss: Yes ma'am the breakfast is still boiling. in a few minutes, it will "done". give me five minutes. grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 11:41am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5: @ cute bliss: Yes ma'am the breakfast is still boiling. in a few minutes, it will "done". give me five minutes. grin
alright am waiting
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 11:42am On May 23, 2013
See all of ya bottom, u don pursue d cute ladies with your short update. I hope non of u is taking lessons form d award winning multiple moniker of nairaland.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:47am On May 23, 2013
Chapter Four

Mr Dike was now a shadow of his former self. He was not eating so well, was not taking his bath regularly and was looking very tattered. He was no longer doing any of his menial jobs again. His once handsome face was now looking so dry and ugly. He looked so unkempt and dirty. His hair was bushy and his clothes dirty. If he was called a destitute or a refugee by anybody, that person would not be so far from the truth. He sat at one edge of the bed and was looking at the ceiling. Now and then, he would pick up the big bottle of Gulder that lay at his side. He was already drinking again at such an early hour; 9:30 in the morning. The room was littered with his dirty clothes and bottles of alcoholic drinks of different brands.

There was Star, there was 333, there was Gulder and this brand popularly called Udeme. It’s real name is Guiness stout. About three bottles of the big guiness stout lay on the ground. The bottles that lay on the ground were up to 15 bottles in all. He had gone on a drinking spree yesterday after doing a lot of walking and thinking.

Throughout yesterday which was Monday, he had taken a walk along the Rumuomasi market where his wife sold her wares in a bid to get any information he could get on her whereabout. He did not intend going back to the police station since he did not trust in their ability to find his wife for him.
Any shop he entered, he would ask it’s owners if they saw one dark woman with her fair young daughter. Mrs Dike was popularly known as Mama Blessing because of her kindness. Some said they have not seen her and the previous day was Sunday so there was no
. For some, they notified him that the last time she was seen was on Saturday and her shop had been closed since then, infact she did not come to the market that Monday. Some that wanted to be more helpful pointed to her shop and asked him to go and wait for her there until she came around. It was obvious that they didn’t know who he was. He came back home that day feeling very dejected and sad which made him buy drinks of different brands and began a drinking spree.

The next morning when he woke up, he was at it again continuing with the three remaining bottles of Star, the remnants of his yester night’s drinking spree. As he drank, he thought bitterly about his wife’s disappearance. It angered him that the police he thought would be of great help to him had told him when he visited their station on Monday that they had no idea of the whereabouts of his family. There was nothing else he had to live for when his wife and his child whom he had been working so hard to take care of were now missing. He was not going anywhere today. He had to stay at home and drink away his problems, he thought to himself. “Yes, that’s what I will do. I will drink and drink until my problems go away and my daughter and wife comes back to me. When they come back, I will take them with me and we will go to Obodo Oyibo, or to ala nde Germanie where we will live for ever and ever and become like oyibo people” he was soliloquizing to himself.
Obodo oyibo is a term used to refer to the land of the whites by Igbos
Ala nde Germanie means Land of Germany

That’s the power of Alcohol. It makes you think out of the box and say things that you and I are sure would not even happen in the next two hundred years to come. A poor man like him would not even be able to afford the costs involved.

2 Likes

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Emeralddan(f): 3:35pm On May 23, 2013
Too short....more update pls
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:14pm On May 23, 2013
Laptop battery is dead. Might not update this night!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2013
Goodnight pals. Till tomorrow.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:04am On May 25, 2013
Inspector James was on his way to the house of the Jacobs. After what happened on that Sunday, he had been unsettled. He didn’t expect the woman to die just like that. That Sunday afternoon, he could not do any other thing. There was no way he could solve this case. It was more of a mystery unlike other cases he had solved or dealt with. Here, the whole case was free and devoid of any evidence at all. There was no where he could get the evidences from and no witness had come forth with any evidences. Infact, he was not sure there was any witness in this case judging from the time of the attack and the location of the attack . the burrow pit where the attack had taken place was o0n the outskirts of the Agholu street. It was there the street came to an end and there were no houses close by. It was surrounded with bushes and trees and at such an ungodly hour, it was unlikely that anybody would be there.

On Monday, he had taken an excuse and so didn’t go to work on that particular day. He wanted to take time off to take a careful look at this case, not that it was really important but if he failed to get the culprits involved in this case, it would be the first case he was failing to achieve something in. It was not as though he would lose his job if he failed in the case because from the looks of the victims, nothing would happen if he decides to close the work and to crown it all, since Saturday that the incident had occured, nobody had called in to report the case of a missing patient. Maybe they were prostitutes, he thought to himself. But then, the words of henry rang out clear and loud in his head

“No, the other girl, the young one was my classmate, my closest friend to be precise”
Well, it was a good thing he was going to see Henry now so that he could see if he would be able to find out anything useful from him.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That was the car of Inspector Sunny. He was now at the gate of the Jacobs and was horning impatiently. He had to be through with this case as soon as possible. The Inspector was not in his office car, but he came in his personal Toyota Camry. It took a while before the gateman, Aliyu came to the gate. He didn’t open the main gate, instead, he opened the small gate and went outside.

“Who I be?” the gateman asked
“I am Inspector Sunny, the one that came here on Sunday. Is your boss around?” he asked
“Yes Oga. Make I go tell am say you dey for gate”
“Won’t you even open the gate so that I can drive inside?” he shouted after the gateman as he ran inside to go and inform his oga of his presence
“Oga wait I dey come” the gate man shouted back at him still running.
Soon, Aliyu was at the main door of the house. He then knocked on the parlour and entered. No sign of Oga or madam. He then picked up the intercom lying on the table and then called his Oga’s room. When his oga had picked it up, he said into the intercom
“Oga, I get one police man wey i dey for gate dey wait for you. I say my name na Inspector Sunny. I say I come on Sunday”
“Oh, Inspector Sunny, please let him come in. I will be down in a minute” it was Chief Jacobs speaking.
“Yes oga” Aliyu responded.

Meanwhile, Inspector Sunny was in a reverie of thoughts as he sat in his car waiting for the gate man as he went to announce his presence. The flowers that adorned the fence of the Jacobs house were beautiful. The house itself was mouth watering, a three storey building painted with a yellowish colour. The balcony of the house was visible from the outside which also gave it a lovely look, a look that resembled a ship floating on the ocean. When will I have enough money to build this kind of house for my self he wondered to himself. Then when I build it, I will get married and have.....! He was awoken from his reverie by the sound of the gates being opened. He drove in and gave a cute smile when he saw Aliyu give him a mock salute as he entered the compound. He got out of the car and waved at Aliyu before walking towards the main house. He walked into the parlour and sat as was instructed by Aliyu. The television was on and a live match between Chelsea Fc and Reading Fc was on. He looked at the scores and to his utmost chagrin, Chelsea was being beaten by a wide margin of 7 goals by Reading. He looked at the elapsed time. It was 79 minutes. He was suprised and happy because the previous week, Chelsea had won his club Liverpool with a 2 goals margin. The match had ended in Favour of Chelsea 3-1. So he was happy that the Blues as they were fondly known was being beaten by a mere team such as Reading Fc. He counted the goals and then spelled Chelsea. Seven letters. Reading had spelt Chelsea! He was elated. There was then a cross from one of the Reading players which was headed furiously towards the goal post of the Chelsea team by one of the Reading midfielders.

Goooaaallll!!

He was on his feet now.
Oh, missed it he said to himself and sat down. The ball had actually landed into the hands of the Chelsea goalkeeper. The door of the parlour opened and Chief Jacobs walked in.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:08am On May 25, 2013
Good Morning peepz, teeluv, Vantee, how una dey?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by teeluv(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2013
@neduzz.. we dey oo.. trying to update.. rounding up the story.. though
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 8:20am On May 25, 2013
Neduzze5: Good Morning peepz, teeluv, Vantee, how una dey?

I dey fine my bro.... I hope this is not where your update will stop, you must post more o...

Btw, Which club defeated Chelsea by 7 goals? Everton or Reading?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:21am On May 25, 2013
VanTee20:

I dey fine my bro.... I hope this is not where your update will stop, you must post more o...

Btw, Which club defeated Chelsea by 7 goals? Everton or Reading?

It's Reading oh. Lemme correct that! But no be real life oh, na fiction!!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2013
teeluv: @neduzz.. we dey oo.. trying to update.. rounding up the story.. though

okay, I will be there soon. Bertadayz, good morning
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2013
Ich bin be for me oh. No uploads for now till whenever God pleases.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2013
MY SATURDAY EXPERIENCE

It was Saturday 25th of May's morning and I had an appointment to meet my dad at my younger sister's school that day to collect some foodstuffs my mum brought for me. I woke up around 5am and after prayers, I called my dad to inform him that there was going to be clean up exercise in Abia State so the journey that was scheduled for 6am was now rescheduled for 10am. I took my bath, got prepared and began boiling water for tea. I bought bread and made the tea with milk and milo. I drank the tea and began waiting for 12pm to reach so that I can start going since my school is not far from my sister's school. Some minutes later, I began to feel like vomiting. I rushed to the bathroom and 'brooooaaaa', I vomited just at the door of the bathroom. I waited in the bathroom and vomited three times again. I was only vomiting liquid milo. It seems like the milo was 'mucher' than the milk. I went back to my room and cleaned myself up. Then my dad called me to inform me that he was in my sister's school and asked me where I was. When I told him that I was in my school, come see shout na. I just remove the phone from my ear until im talk finish. I wanted to carry my laptop with me but since I was going to come back and because of the heaviness of the laptop, I dropped it in my unlockable box. I then entered a bus going to Umudike Junction. On the way, I began to feel like vomiting. I looked at the woman in front of me and had pity on her. She was all dressed up in traditional wear with her huge head gear and her bb. I just laughed a little at the thought of vomiting on her. When I could bear it no longer, I signaled to inform the conductor that I wanted to come down. I came down and did not vomit. Immediately, my father called me to find out where I was. It seemed as though he was angry. I told him that I was coming but I just vomited now. His anger changed to concern and he asked me where I was. I told him that I was at FMC Umuahia. So he said I should stay there and wait for him. I immediately entered a keke and we zoomed off to FMC. We soon got there and stopped. I came down and was looking very deathly. I heard someone call my name. It was my dad. He parked, and came around to see me. I was indeed very sick. He called my mum and told her and the advice was 'Bring him home!'. I entered the car and that was how I went back home wearing a long sleeve shirt, with a Jean trouser, slippon and carrying an empty bag. My bed dissarranged, my laptop unsafe and my clothes littered on my bed. I don't even know when I'm coming back talk less of when I will continue this story but one sure thing is that as soon as I come back, I will upload two jumbo updates. Thanks people. One Love, Happy Sunday and Happy Fathers Day.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by abdulmaliq(m): 8:02pm On May 26, 2013
Wish u jet recovery... Nd dnt keep us waitin 4 d update o
Re: Story: A New Dawn by sambroose(m): 9:21pm On May 26, 2013
Ma guy sorry o.......ndo
Re: Story: A New Dawn by FameG(f): 11:46pm On May 26, 2013
Eeyah. Pele neduzz.get well soon o nw dt I am followin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 1:28am On May 27, 2013
Na real satdy experience. Ws about askn y u were writn anoda story witout finishn d other b4 I realised dis ws nt fiction. Pele, get well soon n cme bac stronger n beta.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:57am On May 27, 2013
abdulmaliq: Wish u jet recovery... Nd dnt keep us waitin 4 d update o

Thanks Abdul. I will not keep you waiting.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2013
sambroose: Ma guy sorry o.......ndo

Thanks man. I'm glad you understand.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:02am On May 27, 2013
Fame-G:
Eeyah. Pele neduzz.get well soon o nw dt I am followin

Thank God at least I'm better now. Saturday and Sunday was hell for me. I was shaking like a butterfly through out yesterday. But I'm better now. I was even able to wash car today.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2013
Mum Z :
Na real satdy experience. Ws about askn y u were writn anoda story witout finishn d other b4 I realised dis ws nt fiction. Pele, get well soon n cme bac stronger n beta.

Lol! So you are following this thread and I have not seen your comment here. God don catch you today. Anyways, thanks for your good wishes, once I get back, I will upload.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 12:30pm On May 27, 2013
Neduzze5:

Lol! So you are following this thread and I have not seen your comment here. God don catch you today. Anyways, thanks for your good wishes, once I get back, I will upload.
Lol, wetin I go do nah, I luv ur stories.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 27, 2013
All of em dey shout get well soon, me sef go join them o, but me go add make ur laptop dey safe o.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2013
Damex333: All of em dey shout get well soon, me sef go join them o, but me go add make ur laptop dey safe o.

Na beta talk wey you talk oh. At a time, I no even know wetin to wish for whether na for fast recovery for me or for the safety of my laptop! grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2013
Mum Z :

Lol, wetin I go do nah, I luv ur stories.

You are one hell of a fan. I promise I won't disappoint!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 27, 2013
Am starving, pls serve d updates soon !
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:35pm On May 28, 2013
Ehem ehem, who else here is hungry for some updates? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.