Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees (17418 Views)

Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by hardeniji(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2013
Originally: Serious Protest In O.O.U

A serious peaceful protest is going on between the angry student of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State and the school management/government over a policy that the school management led by the acting vice chancellor Prof. Saburi Adeyemi is hell bent on.

The policy is that any student that did not pay a session(s) school fees will have to repeat that same class he/she is unable to pay for, not considering the economic situation of the nation, and some students fees is approximately 300k, while some dept are paying close to 400k. The big implication of this is that those students that have written their final project will have to come back to 400level.

The protest has led to indefinite closure of the school gate and academic activities have been suspended for a while. The policy is about to affect over 5000 students of the institution. Let everybody come to our aid. I promise to update the world (Nairaland) about this issue. Seun let the world know about this, because I don't know how university students will have to repeat without academic failure.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by bsquare18(f): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
Has d protest startd or wats going on in the school now?
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by nairaman66(m): 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
Jungle justice in place! Go ahead and destroy anything and everything.. Oga at the top will pardon you guys.. Aluta Continua grin second place things!!

2 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by momodub: 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
cheesy
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by speaktome(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Ok!
Let me call d man dia nd ask him wat 2 tel u
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by strangest(m): 12:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Olabisi Onabanjo University... is it a federal, state or private university... if private, please who is the owner?

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by naijaminds: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
yeye country tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Decapo: 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
remember to go to the poultry o

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Pray(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
This is serious. I dey laff!!!! grin grin gringrin> Let the Protest begin! Aluta Continua!! Victoria Ascerta
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Archmed(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
Mr Man,I need to test your competency before u earn my support.
Meet me 4a live interview by 4pm later 2day on CHANNELS tv.
N.B...make sure u cram ur school website o cos d presenters are not smiling.

6 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
You don't want to pay fees...but you want to graduate

Are you a Robber? undecided

8 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Warlord3000(m): 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Its quite Unfortunate that this new VC of OOU is something else

The students pay almost close to the amount a private univ pays considering that it is a state school for that matter..

I hope things are finally settled for the better sha..

By the way, my lil bro there pays about 120K now comparing to the moment of 15K or 20K
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by tommykiwi(m): 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
VERY DRY SCHOOL
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
I AM AN ALUMNI OF THAT SCHOOL AND I MAKE BOLD TO SAY THAT THAT SCHOOL IS A SH1T HOLE

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Chimezie198(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
Yupee!!

12th to comment anyway.

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by delors(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
Wait wait wait....first. is it the accumulation of unpaid tuition that is 300k/400k or tuition fee per session? Why the f is that freaking expensive? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked...not even a private school o...

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by braine(m): 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
This is just sad..300k and the school infrastructures are so messed up? They students should just leave and enroll into private universities.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by jahide17: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2013
cant just imagine a policy like this can come out from a school under the auspice of ACN led govt..

4 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Parnassuss(m): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
A state school has no right to charge that amount. That fact that they even pay it right now is a failure of NANS and school SUG

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by olsmade(m): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
lakhadimar: I AM AN ALUMNI OF THAT SCHOOL AND I MAKE BOLD TO SAY THAT THAT SCHOOL IS A SH1T HOLE

with what u av written above, i cudnt agree with u more.

4 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by anelka101(m): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
The policy is not from the vc directly but from that eeeeediot governor ibikunle amosu, he like money die.

2 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by webcityng: 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2013
OVER 5000 STUDENT?

THAT IS 5000 X 300,000 = 1,250,000,000
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by otbliz(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Archmed: Mr Man,I need to test your competency before u earn my support.
Meet me 4a live interview by 4pm later 2day on CHANNELS tv.
N.B...make sure u cram ur school website o cos d presenters are not smiling.
bros u sef....u wicked ooo grin grin
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by royalrich(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2013
Nigeria jagaga poor man dey surfer surfer.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
haa. 300k 4 school fee. a public one 4 dat mata.
anyway, dat policy has been in use in TASUED since 2009
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by victokafor(m): 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2013
Well before comment let me confirm from the OGA @ the Top (V.C)..... grin
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Emyogalanya: 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
What nonsense
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by greall1: 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
ACN governors do something. Plz

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by ifeomabernard(f): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
is dat not a private university, den if it is i have nothing to say lipsrsealed undecided
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by obask(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
[b][/b]Aluta continual ...Victoria aster.........let fight for our right till d last breath....we can do more in all...........whr is d SUG or d Govt. Himself.........no time to check time...let gather n act fast wth action of peacefulness in all.........Aluta continual ...Victoria aster.........let fight for our right till d last breath....we can do more in all...........whr is d SUG or d Govt. Himself.........no time to check time...let gather n act fast wth action of peacefulness in all.........Aluta continual ...Victoria aster.........let fight for our right till d last breath....we can do more in all...........whr is d SUG or d Govt. Himself.........no time to check time...let gather n act fast wth action of peacefulness in all.........
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by ifemiide: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
a country that cant provide for his education sector is a failed country.
my advice to you is that you should leave the environment for now, because if anything happens to you from anyone you are on your own o. because our dear president would still pardon the person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Things Every Student Must Do To Be Successful / PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' / 2011 May/june Waec And Nabteb Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.