Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,365 members, 7,780,999 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:14 AM

When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? (16661 Views)

Have You Ever Done H.I.V Check Up ? Share Your Experience / Free/affordable Comprehensive Medical Check Up / Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
Some Nigerians!!!
We like work, we like to struggle, we know how to look for money, but never have time for periodic comprehensive medical check-up.
To some, they will say, they dont have time, some, claims no money, some will say they are not sickly, as if its only the sickly that hospital are made for, some will say, its better for them not to know that a particular illness is in their body, to such, its a preventive measure for them, as what one does not know anything about cant make you worry.
However, we should all know these things, its better for us, some ailment are better dealt with if they are diagonised earlier, even, when you are checked-up and the doctors affirm that you are perfectly alright, they wont just leave you to go like that, they will definately supply you with tips that will make you to maintain your good health.
Some usually complain of "no money, but sincerely, its not really expensive, one can just decide to reduce the junks one takes daily and save the money that is supposed to be used on them for six months, and before one knows what is happening, you have even more than what you need for the medical check-up.
Let us all stop the habit of going to hospitals only when we are suffering from one ailment or the other........a stitch in time, save nine, sometimes, even more than nine......
May God help us all.
As for me, i did my own comprehensive medical check-up about two weeks ago, and i was told that im alright, except that ihere is a hole in one of my teeth, of which i was given an appointment of when to come and fill it, which i have done.
So, lets share ours, when last did you go for comprehensive medical check up.
Thanks for sharing.

9 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
Theres just something about doctors that freak me out. Even when am sick, I get well on my own unless the sickness is really serious as in serious SERIOUS.

Bad I know. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by ayobase(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2013
For some, its fear of the unknown!
You can simply imagine what happens to one when doctor starts calling some medical jargon living in one's body!

Mine is fear though, just wanna believe that I'm alright and always good to go, plus the fact that I'm always careful of my hygiene (especially from food to sport)

Its good one "MUST" do it to be "SURE".

I remember years back when my Dad went for OVER-ALL check up. NOTHING was found....I congratulated him....the man is also very conscious of his hygiene.....it makes me feel PERFECTLY alright too!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
rokiatu: Theres just something about doctors that freak me out. Even when am sick, I get well on my own unless the sickness is really serious as in serious SERIOUS.

Bad I know. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

thank God you know its bad grin
but, sincerely, there is nothing or little to be scared of about a hospital or a doctor, you can even go along with your hubby, if need be, if that will help ammeliorate the fears.
You just book an appointment, and face where you are going, without looking at those ugly things in the hospital, get your medical check-up done and be rest assured that you know what is happening in your body system.
May God help us all.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by biolabee(m): 1:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
good one, pls can you provide the name of the hospitals you used and potential costs

biolabee:

Please do

Under 40 Two or three yearly checkups are recommended
Over 40: Annually

NOT EXHAUSTIVE but i feel these are the key tests

Women: b.reast, BMI, ECG, blood test, blood sugar and cholesterol type (Low/High density), x-ray, eye, ENT, urine and stool analysis
Men: BMI, ECG, blood test, blood sugar and cholesterol type (Low/High density), x-ray, eye, ENT, urine and stool analysis

prostate checks can be done for men above 40
Also Dental checks can be done for holes and build up of bacteria which can damage gums and lead to tooth loss

This way you can manage yourself till you go yonder

Redington used to do this for about 150k about 4 years back
I dont know how much it is now but i am sure there are moderate hospitals that can do this

House, please any ideas of any good place and possible costs

https://www.nairaland.com/1210498/one-less-than-30-yrs

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 1:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
ayobase: For some, its fear of the unknown!
You can simply imagine what happens to one when doctor starts calling some medical jargon living in one's body!

Mine is fear though, just wanna believe that I'm alright and always good to go, plus the fact that I'm always careful of my hygiene (especially from food to sport)

I remember years back when my Dad went for OVER-ALL check up. NOTHING was found....I congratulated him....the man is also very conscious of his hygiene.....it makes me feel PERFECTLY alright too!

we have not received the spirit of fear, but of sound mind............says the word of God.
yes! Thats the spirit, it make one to know what and what is exactly going on in one's body, and of course, how one can deal with it, if any.
You know one thing, its God that bless us with these people, the same way we are a blessing to others in our different profession, and of course, it will be synonymous to suicide attempt, if we just take our heath for granted, which God will not be happy with, i guess.
May God help us all

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
ayobase: For some, its fear of the unknown!

we have not received the spirit of fear, but of sound mind............says the word of God.
yes! Thats the spirit, it make one to know what and what is exactly going on in one's body, and of course, how one can deal with it, if any.
You know one thing, its God that bless us with these people, the same way we are a blessing to others in our different profession, and of course, it will be synonymous to suicide attempt, if we just take our heath for granted, which God will not be happy with, i guess.
May God help us all
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2013
It's been too long. I usually only go to the emergency room once every couple years too.

Maybe it's time I make an appointment, but I'm relatively young (early 20's) and don't worry about health problems. In fact neither of my parents have any problems either. And they get annual checkups.

does heredity affect your decision to have checkups? undecided
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
~vicky~:
It's been too long. I usually only go to the emergency room once every couple years too.

Maybe it's time I make an appointment, but I'm relatively young (early 20's) and don't worry about health problems. In fact neither of my parents have any problems either. And they get annual checkups.

[does heredity affect your decision to have checkups? undecided

no! Its a personal decision!
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by minute(f): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
Yearly,during my physical/pap smear.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by greatgod2012(f): 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2013
minute: Yearly,during my physical/pap smear.

thank you, this is how it should be,
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by obowunmi(m): 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
I travel out every year for my medical check up.

Good health is wealth in its own right.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
None..since birth..we drink "agbo".. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by 190theclown: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
November last year
went for a full body test
Xrays, HIV, malaria, typhoid, yellow fever, Blood group, eye and skin test, everything on my body system!
cost me 60grand!

only problem was my body was been stressed out probably as a result of lack of necessary rest that was the only problem with me
since then ive added 40KG to my body weight from over relaxation now weighing about 93KG as at last week cool
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
With panadol extra I dey kamkpe

4 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by NEROSKY(m): 9:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
We don't do in our country!
Rubbish people!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by mysticgal(f): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
i dont remember when last i visited the hospital,with prayer sickness is on the run.

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by omoregie7968: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
, 16 yr ago. I have never been sick for almost 2 decade now.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
obowunmi: I travel out every year for my medical check up.

Good health is wealth in its own right.
My brother see me oh, to carry my car go service for mechanic workshop even wen nothin do am , he no dey hard me but to go do my own service(check up) na wahala .
Na only wen my mama do post nata care na I go go hospital reach o
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
What you don't know won't kill you undecided
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by wealthlift(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
I think, i still went last year but couldn't remember the month. Check out my signature to get the dstv softawares for ur p.c and phones.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
NEROSKY: We don't do in our country!
Rubbish people!
We do demon lipsrsealed
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2013
That was Monday last week, Precisely 11th March. I was given clean bill of Health apart from 2 digits above normal BP.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
I did mine 2day, even though I'm still quite young.... I was kinda scared but all went well..
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 18, 2013
Na wa o, so I go just de then only me go carry myself go hospital make doctor de look for sickness.

I don't think I have ever done it in my life, the only time I did comprehensive check up(blood, urine, stool) was when spdc made it mandatory for me before approving a trip. Since then, no way and it happened in 2004.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
In 2011 when I noticed some scary stuffs on my body I was forced to go for series of comprehensive medical checkups till I found a solution; and that experience really taught me something about my health.

Which is

* Early detection is key.*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
nikkyshyne: What you don't know won't kill you undecided
U na real ancient woman,
Ur husband go spend less
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by manny4life(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
Mine, 6months ago... I did everything from scan to blood work, everything.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Policewoman(f): 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
Last week.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
Don't knw y am a bit clinic-phobic. Its been a long tym n am scared..don't ask me why.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Rooneyboy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2013
mysticgal: i dont remember when last i visited the hospital, with prayer sickness is on the run.

The average myopic Nigerian for u ,

U are playing with FIRE.
Re: When Last Did You Go For A Comprehensive Medical Check-up? by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
mysticgal: i dont remember when last i visited the hospital,with prayer sickness is on the run.
prayer doesn't stop you from having medical check ups. God's wish is that you be in health, and check ups help you to be in health.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alomo Bitters: Alcohol Or Medicine? / 5 Safe Pregnancy Exercises That Ease Your Labor Pains / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Exclusive Breastfeeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.