Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,751 members, 7,802,301 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (585410 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2013
sepetember applicants already getting their visas in march. I envy you guys.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by MissAhoy: 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kenniy, I understand the relief and joy, thus the epistle, God has delivered you from vfs website, trust me you will have withdrawal symptoms,Congrats and thank God. Kayce43 your next.

kenniy: the summary is i just got my visa smiley

the very long story is: this morning was chating with kayce when i saw this on vfs: "Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied".. i know that means they sending back my documents to vfs..i also know most likely its not yet at vfs, as the status will be ".... ready for collection..." when it gets there..
ordinarily,as is done before, i woulda assumed that is my visa. but cos like most people that got visa since january, they would get an email saying "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." ..and as at then, i haven't gotten that mail. i freaked out (ask kayce wink).. cos i also know CDHC could still reject someone after medicals. i original tot i'll wait till 'morrow cos i wasnt with the slip (i stopped carrying it in my bag just last week after i was told by a nigerian cdhc official that they not gonna issue visa for me yet with more than 6 months to resume school)..i eventually got someone to bring the slip for me when i was sure i wouldnt sleep right knowin there is a schrodinger's cat right in my domain..
when i got there, my documents where still in transit, so had to wait for like 2 hr..eventually i got the package, and shakingly, i opened it and went straight to my passport..then i smiled..

sorry i bored u all, just so ecstatic at the moment..lol..yh..i also got that email too few mins ago..

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
kenniy: the summary is i just got my visa smiley

the very long story is: this morning was chating with kayce when i saw this on vfs: "Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied".. i know that means they sending back my documents to vfs..i also know most likely its not yet at vfs, as the status will be ".... ready for collection..." when it gets there..
ordinarily,as is done before, i woulda assumed that is my visa. but cos like most people that got visa since january, they would get an email saying "Your application to study or work in Canada has been approved." ..and as at then, i haven't gotten that mail. i freaked out (ask kayce wink).. cos i also know CDHC could still reject someone after medicals. i original tot i'll wait till 'morrow cos i wasnt with the slip (i stopped carrying it in my bag just last week after i was told by a nigerian cdhc official that they not gonna issue visa for me yet with more than 6 months to resume school)..i eventually got someone to bring the slip for me when i was sure i wouldnt sleep right knowin there is a schrodinger's cat right in my domain..
when i got there, my documents where still in transit, so had to wait for like 2 hr..eventually i got the package, and shakingly, i opened it and went straight to my passport..then i smiled..

sorry i bored u all, just so ecstatic at the moment..lol..yh..i also got that email too few mins ago..

Congrats man, this is great news

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
olufemi14: Good news house.. Just received a call from mai agent dat my visa has bn approved n dat I shuld com on Friday 2 collect mai document..

Congrats man... Friday shocked chai the kind dreams wey U go dey dream b4 friday ehn ;d

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by deebla: 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: sepetember applicants already getting their visas in march. I envy you guys.

That's awesome I tell U
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by silibaba: 1:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
angrysomebody shud attend to me jooooor angry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 1:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
olufemi14: Good news house.. Just received a call from mai agent dat my visa has bn approved n dat I shuld com on Friday 2 collect mai document..

Congrats bro...such a teeth widening news!!! Neva heard much of Digital editions. Could you share more about em? Er though not publicly, or privately as u may prefer. Just to give us your pals something else to think about aside maple

Also kindly list documents you submitted for the benefits of prospective applicants. Godbless you, even for air
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
silibaba: angrysomebody shud attend to me jooooor angry

The thing is, you would have found your answers if you cared to read some past posts in Part 3.

Anyone can sponsor you. But they gotta have a watertight reason for doing so. Most people including some embassies would highly recommend a parent sponsor (father or mother) because u wouldn't have to prove why ur father or mother is sponsoring U.on the other hand, d VO's wouldn't have to scan your bulky application file, seeking why you are being sponsored by a third party. Conclusion is, u can use any credible related sponsor, but you must show the motive behind d sponsorshorship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
MissAhoy: Kenniy, I understand the relief and joy, thus the epistle, God has delivered you from vfs website, trust me you will have withdrawal symptoms,Congrats and thank God. Kayce43 your next.
u knooooww...lol..thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by silibaba: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Etinosajay:

The thing is, you would have found your answers if you cared to read some past posts in Part 3.

Anyone can sponsor you. But they gotta have a watertight reason for doing so. Most people including some embassies would highly recommend a parent sponsor (father or mother) because u wouldn't have to prove why ur father or mother is sponsoring U.on the other hand, d VO's wouldn't have to scan your bulky application file, seeking why you are being sponsored by a third party. Conclusion is, u can use any credible related sponsor, but you must show the motive behind d sponsorshorship.
God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
I'll like to know if I can apply for a study permit with a conditional offer letter. The graduate school in canada I gained admission into needs the sealed copy of my transcript sent from my school to make my offer unconditional. I have already made the arrangement for the transcript , but I'm afraid I may not get an unconditional copy of the offer letter, before the 3 months window for visa application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
So you guys that have got your visas are all being sponsored by your parents?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: So you guys that have got your visas are all being sponsored by your parents?

Despite the numerous advice and encouragement, u are still on this matter of sponsorship...i dnt think you are fit to be on dis thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

Despite the numerous advice and encouragement, u are still on this matter of sponsorship...i dnt think you are fit to be on dis thread

So its bad to ask? I just want to know if the guys that got visa were sponsored by relatives so we can know how they packaged their application. You need to chill. Seriously. U need to chill. Maybe its your admission letter wait that is making you cranky.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: So its bad to ask? I just want to know if the guys that got visa were sponsored by relatives so we can know how they packaged their application. You need to chill. Seriously. U need to chill. [s]Maybe its your admission letter wait that is making you cranky[/s].

you've been asking this question for quite a while.....we've gat forumites who gat their TRV using relatives (uncles, aunts)...but it's best to use Parents and Siblings.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

you've been asking this question for quite a while.....we've gat forumites who gat their TRV using relatives (uncles, aunts)...but it's best to use Parents and Siblings.

1. This is the second time I'm asking this question. The first time I asked, I asked the whole forum. ( And I appreciate the response I got)

2.This time around, I was asking those that recently got their visas.

And I absolutely see nothing wrong in my question. Pretty sure a lot of people are thinking of asking the same question but because of the insult they might get from nairanlanders, they decide to keep quiet. I've got pms from people that don't even comment asking me certain questions. You guys need to chill on hw u address people, if you hate the questions then ignore it sir.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olufemi14(m): 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Etinosajay: same here wit me wen a frd introduce dem 2 me last year. These r d list of documents submitted 2 dem
I. Transcripts
2. Nysc discharge certificate
3.Waec certificate and Scratch card
4. Bsc certificate
5. Birth certificate.
6. Letter of Introduction from mai mum n dad place of work.
7. Statement of a/c of mai mum(1.2m) dad(16m)
8. Letter of acptance
9. Fees invoice
10. Police clearance certificate.
11. Valuation report of mai dad's property.
12. Invoices mai mum use in collecting goods from Coca-cola since she also runs a depot.
N.B- I used an uncle statement of acct b4 but d agent didn't acpt it from me. Even I told him mai dad wasn't around. He said I nid 2 wait 4 him 2 com back or mai mum shuld up her account. They charged me 50k for visa fee, courier n stuffs like dat.. And $1500 for a representative fee (DELETED) 2 represent me during d visa processes.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
Pls is the form titled schedule required for canadian study permit.
Again, I'm having problem getting all the marriage certificates of all my brothers and sisters. Must I provide them to get the visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olufemi14(m): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
@Kayce43: Tanx bro.. Awaiting urs dis wk by God's grace.. And to oda Medical n TRV awaitees, God'll surely answer ur prayers.. 1ce again. Tanx n God bless
@olawunmi: Conestoga college, Kitchener, Ontario.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: 1. This is the second time I'm asking this question. The first time I asked, I asked the whole forum. ( And I appreciate the response I got)

2.This time around, I was asking those that recently got their visas.

And I absolutely see nothing wrong in my question. Pretty sure a lot of people are thinking of asking the same question but because of the insult they might get from nairanlanders, they decide to keep quiet. I've got pms from people that don't even comment asking me certain questions. You guys need to chill on hw u address people, if you hate the questions then ignore it sir.

....and who told you I dnt get PMs as well. Guy!, asking a question too many times only shows you are confused...If you have taken time to read through the thread, you wlda easily gotten ur answer.

What if they all tell you they were sponsored by their parents?..you would come up with another question like ''how about those that plan to use Uncle/Aunt/Family friend/ Neighbour''.

NB: You can use any of your relatives as your sponsor, as long as you can prove your relationship with that person. But It's always best to use your parents or your sibling(s) especially with same Last name.

Guy, I dnt wanna have issues with anyone on dis forum....
Watch it!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Pls is the form titled schedule required for canadian study permit.
Again, I'm having problem getting all the marriage certificates of all my brothers and sisters. Must I provide them to get the visa?

Submit the ones you can lay ur hands on. For others, their Birth Certificate or Passport data page would do the trick...

All you need is
1) Family Information form
2) Questionaire
3) Application for Study Permit
4) Checklist

you only need other forms if you are using an agent or declaring a common law union..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
earthgreeners:

....and who told you I dnt get PMs as well. Guy!, asking a question too many times only shows you are confused...If you have taken time to read through the thread, you wlda easily gotten ur answer.

What if they all tell you they were sponsored by their parents?..you would come up with another question like ''how about those that plan to use Uncle/Aunt/Family friend/ Neighbour''.

NB: You can use any of your relatives as your sponsor, as long as you can prove your relationship with that person. But It's always best to use your parents or your sibling(s) especially with same Last name.

Guy, I dnt wanna have issues with anyone on dis forum....
Watch it!

My man,we all get the point ur making...its well understood @ this point. Pls,just it be σωкαу.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
PLS DO I NEED TO FILL THIS FORM
Schedule 1 (IMM 5257B) FOR STUDY PERMIT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Congrats! I tap into this annointing again. Which school are you heading to?

Guy, you just dey tap into everybody anointing.. i tap this one before joor.. grin .. Nice one guys, Keep the motivation and Trv coming.. My medical call is on the way, by HIS grace.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 8:20pm On Mar 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: sepetember applicants already getting their visas in march. I envy you guys.

Guy no time, be like say na this period make sense, while they have a level head.. God Help us
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
onuawuchi: I'll like to know if I can apply for a study permit with a conditional offer letter. The graduate school in canada I gained admission into needs the sealed copy of my transcript sent from my school to make my offer unconditional. I have already made the arrangement for the transcript , but I'm afraid I may not get an unconditional copy of the offer letter, before the 3 months window for visa application

In this case, you cannot apply for a study permit with this conditional offer. Simply ensure that ur transcript is delivered via courier to the canadian school, and then request the school to send the unconditional offer letter with courier (cost borne by you). All of this will take less than 3 weeks self. So start now, and be persistent. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 8:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Anyone heading to MUN?
Pls let's hook up

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
@earthgreeners & @olawunmi_samuel

Guys please I implore you to cut short the bickering, and let's us all be friends for each other's sake. We are all doing a good job here, sharing ideas and helping one another.

@earthgreeners is doing a fantastic job with his selfless and on-point contributions which I believe would have helped some persons gained their trv self. I have noticed ur contribution since early 2012, because I read all of the threads A-Z. You must be commended and appreciated.

@olawunmi_samuel. Bro, believe me, no one is aiming to spite you. Just that sometimes the answers u seek may be wrapped in a different way than u may want it. Amidst the exchange of text, @earthgreeners still answered ur question. I can as well recall that, same answer lie in a previous post I made in response to some fellow who asked if his inlaw could sponsor him.

Anyone can sponsor you. But the best is to use a parent as sponsor. If u do not have a parent as sponsor, or that u must use a third party (uncle,aunty et al inclusive), you must provide a water-tight reason for such show of magnanimity from your sponsor. Persons have been issued a trv in the past, who were sponsored by a third party. But recently, I don't know of any yet. (Not that it doesn't exist). Remember that each applicant is treated individually based on their profile, and we must put ourselves in the positions of the VO's while making such arrangements, to ensure that we attempt to explain any questions that may arise from the application, with genuine documents of course. All in all, na God sure pass.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 8:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
once again! I repeat. the question was directed towards the guys that recently got their visas.

And there's no harm in asking To clear a doubt. That's why this forum was created in the first place.

And I have no problem with you earth greener, just surprised you would come up with "you are not fit for this thread" statement. Its demeaning.

Pls let's kill the issue and move on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Etinosajay(m): 8:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Onye oma:

...I nid a reputable agent that will charge me @ most #50k for professional charges(police clearance report and courier fee inclusive).any idea will be appreciated...

Reputable agent to charge you #50k? Idk ooo...besides dat aint for no prof charges. Police clearance, u can do personally @Alagbon for 4-5k. Courier fee, u don't need. @vfs, u don't need it. Even if u submit ur visa app to CDHC directly, they'll send ur processed stuff to vfs for u to collect. So I really dunno wat an agent'll do for u for #50k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 8:59pm On Mar 20, 2013
dommakavelli: Anyone heading to MUN?
Pls let's hook up
I am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.