Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,808 members, 7,802,586 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486595 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
fadinus:
Omo ñä gobe b that õ, i don buy ticket already o, i guess i just have tu keep checking...but there's a limit to that too.

Fadinus fadinus, correct fast guy, see as you run go book flight ticket. My guy no even waste time self. You never even get Visa yet. No worry your positive instinct will pay off.

I sure say you no dey sleep for night again, Na America dey your mind like this.. No worry you go reach obama land, even if them cancel your flight, you go enter boat go US.. Lol!! One luv bro..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

@onipedey, Thanks again for your response. The school informed me by mail last week Tuesday that my i-20 request form has been forwarded to the person that processes i-20s. And as soon as my package is ready to be picket up, they said they will mail me.

That was the mail I got from them when I sent my i-20 request form, hoping they will process the package within 2-3 days. Up till 1 week plus, I haven't heard from them.

I don't think they have processed the i-20 yet. But I will give TNT a phone call tomorow, to know if they have called the school to ask if my package is ready for shipment.

I think that's what I shud do next. I have to keep calling TNT, so that they shud follow it up with the school. I think that's the only option left for me for now.

Thnx all the same bro. God bless u..
U welcome broda,its a good decision but don't live TNT to it alone, follow up ur I-20 by sending mails n calls to d peeps in charge until they assure u its ready 4 pickup, don't get tired,remember d sooner d better, sevis still there for u to pay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
onipedey: U welcome broda,its a good decision but don't live TNT to it alone, follow up ur I-20 by sending mails n calls to d peeps in charge until they assure u its ready 4 pickup, don't get tired,remember d sooner d better, sevis still there for u to pay.

@Onipedey, I'm so grateful for your effort and contributions. I have already taken that into consideration.

Me tired ke. I will NEVER get tired oooo until I get my i-20 package from my school.

I have already composed the mail I will send to them tomorow. Because I really need to follow up on this issue and time is running out because I still need to book appointment.

Thanks bro. You are blessed..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

@Paywole, How long did it take you to receive your i-20 package from Minnesota State University using TNT courier plus.

I intend using TNT courier plus as well to receive my i-20 package. I went to TNT courier office last week friday and I gave them my school's address. And I'm using the same procedure as yours (Pick up Service). They charged me #12,260 for their pick up service.

But I'm a little nervous that this is taking longer than expected because I'v NOT received my i-20 package from Minnesota State University, Mankato

My sponsor is worried because he has already given me the money to receive the i-20 package and I don't want him thinking that I have already spent the money on something else which is Not so.

Because the money is still intact in my Bank Account and I promised my sponsor my i-20 package will get to me within 5 days and this is more than 3 weeks since they gave me admission and I'v not received anythin yet. All thanks to this Eshipglobal of a company that don't accept credit card from Nigerians which delayed me.

I told my sponsor it will take 5 days to get the i-20 package because I actually thought the eshipglobal method would work out but it was impossible.

And I need to book an appointment at the Embassy this month. Because I need to go for my interview Next month JULY. Please house anyone with any possible solution or idea should pls help a bro here..

@Paywole pls respond to this post. I need to hear your candid opinion because you have used TNT before and also given admission to the same school with me.

Cheers guys..

You just went last week Friday and you're already this impatient? You just have to wait because TNT Nigeria will contact TNT Minnesota and give them your details. They over there will then call your school and ask if your I-20 is ready and go there to pick it up. After which they'll then send it in the mail down to you, of which the mailing will take like 5 days in transit. Then add 1 or 2 initial days for processing. You should be looking at at least a week or 7 days, that is if your I-20 is actually ready for shipment. If your I-20 has not been processed yet, you'll have to contact the school and tell them to process it quickly for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
Please I have already gain admission to the University in the UK for Master Degree Program and I planning to pay £4,500 from the £10,500 of the Tuition fee with the directive/speculative deposit by the University. Please I want to use one of my father friends accounts as my sponsor, Please kindly enlighten me if this will meet the requirements for the funds/sponsor accounts and what do i need along with the statement of accounts.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

Fadinus fadinus, correct fast guy, see as you run go book flight ticket. My guy no even waste time self. You never even get Visa yet. No worry your positive instinct will pay off.

I sure say you no dey sleep for night again, Na America dey your mind like this.. No worry you go reach obama land, even if them cancel your flight, you go enter boat go US.. Lol!! One luv bro..
Hahahahaha, nor b my fault o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bones007: 11:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
barnabasj: Please I have already gain admission to the University in the UK for Master Degree Program and I planning to pay £4,500 from the £10,500 of the Tuition fee with the directive/speculative deposit by the University. Please I want to use one of my father friends accounts as my sponsor, Please kindly enlighten me if this will meet the requirements for the funds/sponsor accounts and what do i need along with the statement of accounts.

Thank you.

here is the link to answer ur questions. https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by odowetalu(m): 12:31am On Jun 11, 2013
Why is it that my post hasn't been responded to sad?? Partia dey the response thingy ni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sndrmrtns: 12:52am On Jun 11, 2013
I need GRE materials .........dbinternationalcompany@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:12am On Jun 11, 2013
fidelia.john:
@imperiousxx, @bigfrancis21
Please I need ur enlighthenment on this issue; I just had My GRE test but the Q and V score is very low both are not even up to 300.please should I still tender the test at the embassy or I should just tell the VO that I only have the TOEFL score.

Since you're not planning to retake it again for now, half bread is better than none. You can state that it's not required by your school but you just like to give it a trial without much preparation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fludu: 1:38am On Jun 11, 2013
barnabasj: Please I have already gain admission to the University in the UK for Master Degree Program and I planning to pay £4,500 from the £10,500 of the Tuition fee with the directive/speculative deposit by the University. Please I want to use one of my father friends accounts as my sponsor, Please kindly enlighten me if this will meet the requirements for the funds/sponsor accounts and what do i need along with the statement of accounts.

Thank you.

I have sent you some guidance with regards to your enquiry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fludu: 1:41am On Jun 11, 2013
odowetalu: Why is it that my post hasn't been responded to sad?? Partia dey the response thingy ni?

no vex, what was your question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:45am On Jun 11, 2013
odowetalu: Guys I applied to a community college last year paid the SEVIS fee but didn't get the visa. I have now reapplied to a different university and I'm wondering if I should pay the fee again because the last one hasn't expired. My I20 number is now different also. Please my ogas at the top advice. My interview is fast approaching

SEVIS fee is over a year. You've to prepare to pay another one except if SEVP asked you not to. Write SEVP first, to know where you belong. Search for info you needed here http://www.ice.gov/sevis/ Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fludu: 1:47am On Jun 11, 2013
sndrmrtns: I need GRE materials .........dbinternationalcompany@gmail.com

Here are some useful links
http://gre.learnhub.com/lesson/5705-online-study-material-for-gre-preparation

ETS guide https://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/
GRE Big book ( download test papers) http://prashantagarwalgrematerial..co.uk/2010/09/gre-big-book-tests.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sndrmrtns: 4:39am On Jun 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tonymeskere(m): 6:30am On Jun 11, 2013
PLS READ THIS

F1 Visa Interview Questions
Questions have been split based on category
College and University
Bank and Finance
Family and Relatives
Work and Job
General Questions
College and University
Here is a list of possible F1 visa interview questions related to college and university.

Why this specified university <university or college name>?
How many universities did you apply?
Which universities did you apply to?
How many admission did you get?
Where did you get admission?
Where did you complete under-graduate/graduate degree?
What is your undergraduate Academic GPA/Percentage?
Tell about your university?
Mention name of the professor’s you had contact?
When and where did you get your bachelor’s degree?
Why this university and not other universities?
How long will you study in USA?
How do you know about this university?
What is your academic background?
Do you plan to study PhD after MS?
Why did you apply to these universities?
These subjects are also taught in other universities also but why this university?
Bank and Finance Related
You have to be prepared for worst case scenarios with respect to F1 visa interview questions and answers related to bank balance and finance.
You might be asked to show bank statements, transactions, pass book, latest transactions and other finance related documents.
Who is sponsoring your education?
What does your sponsor/father do?
What is your father’s income?
What is your sponsors monthly income?
What is your sponsors annual income?
What is your university yearly expense?
Have you got any loans?
Show your Pass Book/ Bank Statement?
How will you finance your education for 2years or 3 years?
Your bank pass book shows large transactions recently been deposited? How do you explain that?
What is your father’s salary? How long has he been working here?
Key to successful F1 visa interview stamping is to learn from the mistakes of other F1 Visa interview experience.
Relatives and Family Members
During F1 visa appointments make sure you remember the answers you gave in the interview form (DS160). If you have relatives in USA then declare. Trying to hide the answers can cause you lot of trouble.
How many brother and sisters do you have?
Do you have any relatives in USA?
What is your mother doing?
What is your brother doing in USA?
What is your sister doing in USA?
Your brother is working in USA, would you do the same?
Where did your brother/ parents complete their studies?
Where do your parents live?
You have sisters and brothers and how do you think your sponsor will pay for your education
Do you have a brother/ sister, or any other relative already at this university?
Do you have girl friend?
Work/Job Related F1 Visa Interview Questions
Why are you leaving you current job? (if you are working)
Show your work experience letter
What is your current salary?
How much do you have in savings?
Do you plan to work in USA?
General Student Visa Questions
Why did you choose US but not Canada or Germany?
What kind of good things do you know about America?
What do you expect after returning back?
Why do you plan to do MS?
Why are your GRE/ TOEFL scores low?
You look like a potential immigrant or I don’t think you will come back?
What do you know about US education?
Why are you applying for Fall only?
What will you do after completing MS?
Why study in USA?
Did you get any scholarship?
What are your plans after graduation?
Tell me how you can prove that you are going to come back? ( else Rejection under 214(b))
Have you ever been to America?
What will you do after coming back from USA?
Do you know anyone (in USA) in your university?
What will you do if your student visa is rejected?
Will you come home during summer?
Why do you think the university is giving you a scholarship?
Why do you wish to study in the USA and not in India?
Why did you change your field ( Mechanical or Electrical to Computer Science)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 10:44am On Jun 11, 2013
ivory23456:

@Amefrica I applied too and I still got my Visa.

I applied whenever I was in the US on a student visa (F - 1), came home after studies and applied for a visiting visa and I got it. I don't think they have the time to look through all that within the 2-3minutes one is interviewed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 11:19am On Jun 11, 2013
thankx to nl. i registered a week to my interview and it was today. tot it ryt to share my testimony.

after abt 45 min delay to commence interview cuz of system problem.

VO. MORNIN AND SOWWI ABT D DELAY

ME. MORNIN. ITS FINE

VO. WAT RE U GOIN TO DO IN D US

ME. FOR GRADUATE STUDIES

VO. WAT COURSE

ME. MPH

VO. WAS DIS D ONLY SCOOL U APPLIED TO

ME. NO, AND I MENTION D ODA 2 DAT I APPLIED TO

VO. AO DID U CME ABT DIS SCOOL

ME. THRU SOPHAS

VO. WAT WAS UR UNDAGRAD

ME. BSC NURSING

VO. WHO IS SPONSORING U

ME. MY UNCLE

VO. WAT DOES HE DO

ME. HE OWNS A FILLING STATION

VO. WAT IS HIS SALARY

ME. HE DOESNT AV A SALARY BCUZ HE OWNS D FILLING. DEN I PASSED HIS STATEMENT OF ACCT WITH AFFIDAVIT DAT HE SWORE. ALSO HIS STATEMENT OF ACCT IS HIS COMPANIES BT I MADE SURE D AFFIDAVIT WAS ON TOP.
SHE CHECKS R STATEMENT.

VO. WAT WIL UR MPH DO FOR U

ME. CONC IN HEALTH MGT AND POLICY WIL HELP ASSURE EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION AND MGT OF LIMITED RESOURSCES TO ATTAIN HEALTHY COUNTRY

VO. WHR WUD U LIKE TO PIK UR PASSPORT

ME. BILLINGS WAY

VO. UR VISA HAS BN APPROVED. PLS PIK UP ON FRIDAY. CONGRATS.

ME. THANKX AND I SMILEE OUT.

IN ALL, ALL GLORY HONOR AND ADORATION BE TO GOD WHOSE FAVOUR I CUDNT AV DONE WIHOUT. HES AWESOME.

MANY MORE OF DIS KIND OF TESTIMONY

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2013
special hanks to ojap, de tus, orlawahley and every to responded to my qiestion n wished me well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dotlankaregbe(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hello,
Plz help me with GRE software materials coz am intending to write d exam when things are right 4 me.
i really commend u guyz 4 helping people,Inshaallah u will never know WANTS. My e-mail dotlank@gmail.com.
Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: thankx to nl. i registered a week to my interview and it was today. tot it ryt to share my testimony.

ME. MORNIN. ITS FINE

ME. FOR GRADUATE STUDIES

VO. WAT COURSE

ME. MPH

ME. THRU SOPHAS

VO. WAT WAS UR UNDAGRAD

ME. BSC NURSING

VO. WHO IS SPONSORING U

ME. MY UNCLE

VO. WAT DOES HE DO

VO. WAT IS HIS SALARY

ME. HE DOESNT AV A SALARY BCUZ HE OWNS D FILLING. DEN I PASSED HIS STATEMENT OF ACCT WITH AFFIDAVIT DAT HE SWORE. ALSO HIS STATEMENT OF ACCT IS HIS COMPANIES BT I MADE SURE D AFFIDAVIT WAS ON TOP.
SHE CHECKS R STATEMENT.

ME. CONC IN HEALTH MGT AND POLICY WIL HELP ASSURE EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION AND MGT OF LIMITED RESOURSCES TO ATTAIN HEALTHY COUNTRY

ME. BILLINGS WAY

IN ALL, ALL GLORY HONOR AND ADORATION BE TO GOD WHOSE FAVOUR I CUDNT AV DONE WIHOUT. HES AWESOME.

FELICITATIONS!!! I key into this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
TOEFL loading.... Thanks to my STIMULANTS (orlarwalay, bigfrancis, mr swagger, imperiouxx, kofsy) and others... #imahit110
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
Congrats @ Tweetty. US of A loading.
Seems our case is almost similar. Pls did u state on your ds-160 that you have a relative (Uncle) in the US and is this another Uncle or same one you used as your sponsor some years back? Thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 12:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: thankx to nl. i registered a week to my interview and it was today. tot it ryt to share my testimony.

ME. BILLINGS WAY

AMEN! CONGRATS!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by eduson002(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2013

ME. MORNIN. ITS FINE

ME. FOR GRADUATE STUDIES

VO. WAT COURSE

ME. MPH

ME. THRU SOPHAS

VO. WAT WAS UR UNDAGRAD

ME. BSC NURSING

VO. WHO IS SPONSORING U

ME. MY UNCLE

VO. WAT DOES HE DO

VO. WAT IS HIS SALARY

SHE CHECKS R STATEMENT.

ME. BILLINGS WAY

. Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
@tweetty congrats!!
Success to all going for their interviews this month, God's favour and mercy shall go with u! Including me grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Pumpyjay: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
@tweetty
I was standing a few feet behind you this morning.I was really happy for you when the VO lady said you visa was approved.
Congratulations!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2013

ME. MORNIN. ITS FINE

ME. FOR GRADUATE STUDIES

VO. WAT COURSE

ME. MPH

ME. THRU SOPHAS

VO. WAT WAS UR UNDAGRAD

ME. BSC NURSING

VO. WHO IS SPONSORING U

ME. MY UNCLE

VO. WAT DOES HE DO

VO. WAT IS HIS SALARY

SHE CHECKS R STATEMENT.

ME. BILLINGS WAY

Oh my good Lord... I'm so happy to read your testimony.

I pray no member of this thread (including myself) will be delayed or denied this fall session in Jesus name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Please Pals help me out on this.
I would like to have a name of a university where a Nigerian can study medicine and surgery as an undergraduate student. The name of the University and her website would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Are you sure you have done any research on your interest? You can't study medicine directly without a first degree and necessary pre - requisites. However, a major challenge is that schools rarely take international students into the MD program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
@pumpyjay. really. ao was urs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
@lisadem. my uncle is in nigeria nt us. d only place whr my bro dts a ciizen came in was wen d vo asked whr i ll stay bfr scor esumes and i said with my bro but i ll get my acconodation bfr scool starts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.