Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486612 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 10, 2013
Gudmorning everyone,pls I want all the gurus in d house to comment dis cos I don't even understand anymore,for the last 2 weeks almost everyone going for student visa is being denied.does anyone knows what's happening?I know 6 people that was denied yesterday and many more I saw @ d embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by winbyforce: 7:30am On Apr 10, 2013
Na NRC reduce the chance from 95 to 90% grin grin grin ..but this na 2013 o,God pass them.More than enough of Jesus' blood dey for cover grin grin

OjaP:

One more thing, be sure of the visa if you can get admission into any of the PhD schools in America. You stand up to 90% chance atleast - that is if we remove the NRC factor. grin grin grin grin grin

I wish you all the best.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 9:21am On Apr 10, 2013
Good day guy,
Please my I-20 form just arrived for Fall. Can someone help me out for the available dates for interview and how to go about it. Someone assist me in booking for the first interview and i paid 10k for that but now i want to do it myself. i believe this room can put me through. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olsmade(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2013
bruminero: Gudmorning everyone,pls I want all the gurus in d house to comment dis cos I don't even understand anymore,for the last 2 weeks almost everyone going for student visa is being denied.does anyone knows what's happening?I know 6 people that was denied yesterday and many more I saw @ d embassy.

U av to individualize each applicant. Somebody here still got it dis week.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2013
OjaP:

This caught my attention.....brb.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

#space reserved. Let me get off work.

Conyema:

You made a very good decision applying to those schools,they are some of the best geological schools around. To avoid repetition, I will direct you to the link below where I made some comments which you may find useful.

https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4/1#14850027

Nonetheless, I will like to know what your research interests are. Are you interested in Reservoir Characterization? Diagenesis/Porosity of Reservoir Rocks? Climate Change? Structural Geology? Seismic? Geochemical Analysis? etc. Your research interest and/or proximity to oil companies should play a vital role in your choice of school.

Hey, why is LSU, UT Austin, USC, Stanford,Colorado School of Mines not on your list? .

One more thing, be sure of the visa if you can get admission into any of the PhD schools in America. You stand up to 90% chance atleast - that is if we remove the NRC factor. grin grin grin grin grin

I wish you all the best.

Thank you for the prompt response.

My research area is Reservoir Characterization, I chose it cos thats where i did the thesis for My Msc. and I have already started mailing some of the Professors in those schools.

NRF factor.... What is that? And how will it influence Visa issuance.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sigilolu156: 10:51am On Apr 10, 2013
The one I had while in school was crap it paid about 9 per hour and I would way too tired to do anything without resting first. I don't want that this time seeing as the course load will be heavier and need for cash greater. And there's a commonality to schools,u have campus center jobs, dorm jobs,the different school jobs (eg school of law etc ) I was just hoping for suggestions based on various experiences.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by sigilolu156: 11:00am On Apr 10, 2013
bruminero: Gudmorning everyone,pls I want all the gurus in d house to comment dis cos I don't even understand anymore,for the last 2 weeks almost everyone going for student visa is being denied.does anyone knows what's happening?I know 6 people that was denied yesterday and many more I saw @ d embassy.

am new so forgive me if I am wrong but I think the key thing is to prove to the VO that u will be back after your program however u can once thay are convinced they will issue the visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 11:56am On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

That's what they called student4life. cheesy cheesy
cheesycheesy You get am!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2013
conyema12:

My research area is Reservoir Characterization, I chose it cos thats where i did the thesis for My Msc. and I have already started mailing some of the Professors in those schools.

Thanks
NRC na winchgrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
conyema12:

Thanks
By NRC factor, I think he means if your course is on the Technology Alert List, then you will be given a 221g pending administrative processing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
sigilolu156: The one I had while in school was crap it paid about 9 per hour and I would way too tired to do anything without resting first. I don't want that this time seeing as the course load will be heavier and need for cash greater. And there's a commonality to schools,u have campus center jobs, dorm jobs,the different school jobs (eg school of law etc ) I was just hoping for suggestions based on various experiences.
Thanks.

Ok then, go to your school's physical plant for job like ground, car pool, carpentry, moving etc. 8am to 5pm (8hrs) @ $7.50/hr or base on your state's minimum wage/hr. If you have a good supervisor who can accept you as research assistant(though I no no ya field), then it would be absolutely muuuuuah!. I have never worked elsewhere than in my lab since I got here - either during semester, summer break or winter break ........It's always lab4life! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
conyema12:

Thanks

Na NRC you called NRF so?! You won't like to know the meaning. The influence on visa issuance na stunning and unbelievable effects, making the applicant looks like na only him/her bad luck dey follow in life.

moroh:
By NRC factor, I think he means if your course is on the Technology Alert List, then you will be given a 221g pending administrative processing.

Hear my friend oooo.......looooool, Ok oooo. Ojap knows what he is saying and I got him. Likewise those from SW Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx: Na NRC you called NRF so?! You won't like to know the meaning. The influence on visa issuance na stunning and unbelievable effects, making the applicant looks like na only him/her bad luck dey follow in life.

What has Nigerian Railway Corporation got to do with students visa, Mr. Imperiouxx. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

What has Nigerian Railway Corporation got to do with students visa Mr.Imperiouxx. grin

My dear, these ones pass locomotive engines ooo. Person wey dem hit no dey survive but na only by grace of God.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ms Nas: I'm most definitely applying to that Taj Mahal school! cheesy cheesy. cheesy
Ms Nas: NRC na winchgrin

If you continue this way, we won't need SJS on this thread to make us laugh! Lolz @ Taj Mahal school. LMAO cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Ok then, go to your school's physical plant for job like ground, car pool, carpentry, moving etc. 8am to 5pm (8hrs) @ $7.50/hr or base your state's minimum wage/hr. If you have a good supervisor who can accept you as research assistant(though I no no ya field), then it would be absolutely muuuuuah!. I have never worked elsewhere than in my lab since I got here - either during semester, summer break or winter break ........It's always lab4life! cheesy

Still wondering how someone will spend 4 years in a school and doesn't know anything about job and OVERSEA everything that is going on within the campus.`Someone that pass through school and school pass through, should know all that in less than 4 years. just saying tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2013

Stop talking like this..... Haba! Ostrich is a bird likewise guinea fowl. Question is, why guinea fowl's head is smaller than that of ostrich? Individual case and luck is different..... Stop spreading panic abeg.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2013
Adolite: Still wondering how someone will spend 4 years in a school and doesn't know anything about job and OVERSEA everything that is going on within the campus.`Someone that pass through school and school pass through, should know all that in less than 4 years. just saying tongue tongue

I'm learning not to take people on here too seriously. Lolz. Nairaland travel section is funny. cheesy One person will post a question on this thread for students visa, visiting visa for the UK, France, Germany, Turkey, Canada, Australia at the same time. Lolz. ...Even Cambodia, WTH?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

I'm learning not to take people on here too seriously. Lolz. Nairaland travel section is funny. cheesy One person will post a question on this thread for students visa, visiting visa for the UK, France, Germany, Turkey, Canada, Australia at the same time. Lolz. ...Even Cambodia, WTH?

#YIMU Because you didn't answer when I need your help last night and I survived it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:58pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx: #YIMU Because you didn't answer when I need your help last night and I survived it.

I could get you a 7-day pass for Chinese cooking classes on your next birthday. tongue Too tired yesterday so I got home and crashed immediately. My bad!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
Kunsoft: Good day guy,Please my I-20 form just arrived for Fall. Can someone help me out for the available dates for interview and how to go about it..

Mr. Kunsoft.
Before you worry about visa appointment availability, you need to work on your answers towards the next interview. Since you did poorly at your last interview, you need to get it right next time. In your own words, answer the following questions and have anyone edit it for you.

Kunsoft: Hello guys, Please i need your comments. help me with this three questions
1. How many school did you apply to?
2. Why did Marketing?
3. What have you been doing since you graduate?

These are some of the questions the VO asked me in January.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

Nawa for them ooooo........@Yvete, Who told you the meaning of YINDI
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bodeplot: 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
To all my bosses on NL, pls I nid ur advice asap, my school said I shud send my financial document,and my point is I don't understand hw it is,is it a statement of bank account? Also, can someone use church acct or company account as sponsor? And hw do I get letter of sponsorship, is it from court or where and what shud be d content of the letter of sponsorship and financial document, so dat I can send it asap..I definitely nid help concerning dis financial doc.thanks in advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

If you continue this way, we won't need SJS on this thread to make us laugh! Lolz @ Taj Mahal school. Imperiouxx said they do yoga at the school. LMAO cheesy grin
Lmaoo! At least it gives me something to do while waiting for my admission decisionscheesy
Btw we haven't seen SJS in a whilegrin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Na NRC you called NRF so?! You won't like to know the meaning. The influence on visa issuance na stunning and unbelievable effects, making the applicant looks like na only him/her bad luck dey follow in life.

Hear my friend oooo.......looooool, Ok oooo. Ojap knows what he is saying and I got him. Likewise those from SW Nigeria.
Thank youu! I thought I was the only one that got whayt OjaP's NRC means. People probably thought I was joking when I said "NRC na winch" sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

What has Nigerian Railway Corporation got to do with students visa Mr. Imperiouxx. grin
Yvette! shocked Dont let them hear you call them Nigerian Railway Corporation oo! As imperiouxx said "person wey NRC jamn go hear am! The force pass 100 locomotive engines combined"grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ms Nas:
Yvette! shocked Dont let them hear you call them Nigerian Railway Corporation oo! As imperiouxx said "person wey NRC jamn go hear am! The force pass 100 locomotive engines combined"grin
Please can somebody explain NRC and its supposed effects?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Feexo: 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hello guys,
I hold a bachelors in Pol-sci and I am currently preparing for my GRE and Toefl coming up in June and August respectively.
I plan to study Pol-sci at the masters level,and I have chosen the under-listed schools after carrying out my due diligence. Suggestions are highly welcomed.

1]University of Oregon
2]University of Wyoming
3}Midwestern State University [Texas]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hello, everyone...I'm currently among the number writing this year's waec, this is the second time I'm writing...I got an exceptional result last time but a slight twist saw me get D7 in maths. Therefore, I'm wondering if this will in any way hamper my dream of studying in the US on scholarship...urgent reponse is needed, thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
Feexo: Hello guys,
I hold a bachelors in Pol-sci and I am currently preparing for my GRE and Toefl coming up in June and August respectively.
I plan to study Pol-sci at the masters level,and I have chosen the under-listed schools after carrying out my due diligence. Suggestions are highly welcomed.

1]University of Oregon
2]University of Wyoming
3}Midwestern State University [Texas]

I think your universities are ok so far as they can qualify on these 4 areas - credible academic curriculum, high chances of obtaining financial aids, affordable cost of school fees just in case you don't get any financial aid, and lastly the weather of the containing environment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
bodeplot: To all my bosses on NL, pls I nid ur advice asap, my school said I shud send my financial document,and my point is I don't understand hw it is,is it a statement of bank account? Also, can someone use church acct or company account as sponsor? And hw do I get letter of sponsorship, is it from court or where and what shud be d content of the letter of sponsorship and financial document, so dat I can send it asap..I definitely nid help concerning dis financial doc.thanks in advice
By financial documents, they want to see a bank statement showing the availability of funds in it equal to or more than the total amount required for your first year of study.
A church or company bank statement can suffice if you can also get a letter of sponsorship from any of these two places indicating that they are sponsoring you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.