Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,501 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:38 PM

Ubuntu Is Not Browsing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Is Not Browsing (1160 Views)

My System Is Connected But Not Browsing. Pls Help! / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubuntu Is Not Browsing by sholasys: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2008
I just install Ubuntu 7.10 now but can't browse with the firefox. i try to connect it to my DHCP network but i can't connect. any help please.
I think it recognise my LAN card bc at the top of the taskbar i saw the LAN Icon there.
ic
At this point I was able to connect my LAN that is " wired connection", i selected Automatic DHCP and at the DNS tab, it acquire my DNS ip address but cant browse.
Re: Ubuntu Is Not Browsing by bigrovar(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2008
sholasys:

I just install Ubuntu 7.10 now but can't browse with the firefox. i try to connect it to my DHCP network but i can't connect. any help please.
I think it recognise my LAN card bc at the top of the taskbar i saw the LAN Icon there.
ic
At this point I was able to connect my LAN that is " wired connection", i selected Automatic DHCP and at the DNS tab, it acquire my DNS ip address but can't browse.

i find this very strange and i have never experienced it b4 , i guess u probably missing something but i cant help u troble shoot since i dont know what type of internet connection u use , just try find out about the dns and ip addy of the LAN connection , also if its automatic or static , sorry i cant be of more help but u can find help at the ubuntuforums www.ubuntuforum.org , i dont think it is something serious
Re: Ubuntu Is Not Browsing by sholasys: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2008
I wonder too. It is not as if am a baby in networking but not jst used to linux. i was thinking if there will smthing to be enable first
like etho etc
Re: Ubuntu Is Not Browsing by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2008
Since lan icon is in taskbar that means eth0 is up. Try opening a terminal and type ifconfig
Re: Ubuntu Is Not Browsing by sholasys: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2008
I try to browse with it through my wireless radio network and it browse fine. I can connect to the internet and surf sites. I disccover that my firewall in the VSAT connection was reposible in blocking the ubuntu. I hv Mikrotik firewall install and server as dhcp server for the Vsat connection. I am looking at the firewall to solve the problem

(1) (Reply)

Macbook,internet And .exe / Help! / Cheap,high Configuration Brand New Laptop.320gb,2gb,webcam,bluetooth For N74,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.