Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary (608 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by BroRhema(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
I stay around friends and neighbours that of the Roman Catholic denomition. When ever i hear them pray, i notice they emphasize more on the name 'Holy Mary' asking her for protection & to intercede on their behalf. N0w dis phoney, because i hav the understandin dat Jesus christ is our 0nly intercessor(heb. 7:25) and mediator. And if we must pray to God, we must pray tru the name of Jesus as it's by dis we can gain access to reaching God(Eph). Well lemme dnt go further, perhaps we cud get gud ansx 4rm our R. catholic brodas.
Re: Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Cos they believe that if they tell mary, she will beg Jesus abi if ur mum beg you, you no go gree? But I think its wrong
Re: Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by BroRhema(m): 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
Na Jesus na im dey beg for us ma bro. He intercedes on our behalf. Mary, up there is just lyk every other saint ma guy. Read JOHN 19:26-27 it mite giv u m0re n0tion on what am sayin. Also Matt 12 : 47-50 wud tro m0re lite to ur minds on d matter.
Re: Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by RedLight1: 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Weselion: Cos they believe that if they tell mary, she will beg Jesus abi if ur mum beg you, you no go gree? But I think its wrong
does that mean jesus is to sturbon or arrogant that the catholics needs to beg his mother to ask him to take their prayers to God?

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
Simple answer: catholics do not pray in the name of mary.

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by BroRhema(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ubenedictus: Simple answer: catholics do not pray in the name of mary.
you think.
Re: Why Do The Catholics Pray Thru The Name Of Mary by Ubenedictus(m): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
BroRhema: you think.
no, i do no think, i know.

(1) (Reply)

The Grand Tour / Happy Mothering Sunday / A Matter Of Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.