Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? (4181 Views)

Just Bought a used Toyoto Corolla 2006 / 5 Reasons Why Buying A Used Car (tokunbo) Is Great / Opel Omega 2.0 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by grandlexuz(m): 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
I have a lovely Opel Calibra (Yellow-1994 version) which has been down for a year. I am in Cameroon and Opel spare parts are expensive and hard to get. I have not been able to get a complete engine (gear box inclusive) after one year of searching. I was told I could get a second hand engine from Nigeria without much difficulty and at a good price. I will very much appreciate if any one out there could be of help with the price of a second hand Opel Calibra engine. Where can I buy it? (Town, Market etc) I do not mind travelling to Nigeria for it.
Engine
-Petrol injection
-Opel Calibra

Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by akinreals: 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
come to Ladipo Market in Lagos, Nigeria, if u have like 150k-200k naira dats abt 1200USDollars, u can reach me on 07031330996
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by Biggy505(m): 3:34pm On Mar 20, 2013
bros from cameroon to nigeria is not dat far i will advise u to come down urself to lagos in ladipo market , u will b able to choose,price and see wat u r going to buy rather than sendin money to anybagger. a word is enough for d wise.
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by grandlexuz(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Biggy505: bros from cameroon to nigeria is not dat far i will advise u to come down urself to lagos in ladipo market , u will b able to choose,price and see wat u r going to buy rather than sendin money to anybagger. a word is enough for d wise.

Yeah Thanks bros. I suppose it is only in Lagos that I can get a better deal for it. I am definitely going to make the trip myself.. It is too big a news when a man bites a dog!..lol I got several Naija friends here in Cameroon. I am sure they can give me an idea on the trip expense and routes to take
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by grandlexuz(m): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
akinreals: come to Ladipo Market in Lagos, Nigeria, if u have like 150k-200k naira dats abt 1200USDollars, u can reach me on 07031330996

Okay Cool. At least that gives me an idea of how much to travel with. I am hoping to find it a little cheaper than your given price..lol I like a good bargain!..lol However getting it at 150K will be okay. That should be about 450.000 frs.. I have written down your number, but please do not tell the AREA BOYS I will be travelling with money..hahah
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by stainless40: 12:59am On Mar 21, 2013
grandlexuz:

Okay Cool. At least that gives me an idea of how much to travel with. I am hoping to find it a little cheaper than your given price..lol I like a good bargain!..lol However getting it at 150K will be okay. That should be about 450.000 frs.. I have written down your number, but please do not tell the AREA BOYS I will be travelling with money..hahah
Why not try onitsha first. It is nearer and you can get a good bargain too. Also there is a direct truck that can take your engine direct to cameroon without much stress for you.
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by UmangKumar: 5:17am On Mar 22, 2013
Hello Friends,

Before buying your Opel Calibra car parts, there are some things you need to know. Firstly, you need to tell the Opel seller as much about your vehicle as possible. Having your registration plate number to hand will help them match the exact parts for you. Please enter your registration details below. At this stage, if you’re not sure what the number is, then just select your vehicle details manually. The Opel parts supplier is then able to look up all the parts information on the vehicle and identify the spares from their vastly stocked warehouses. Secondly, our system works by sending your Opel parts request in one go across the UK to all the Opel breakers. They will then check their stock and send you the price quotes. Finally, when you receive the quotes, choose from the cheapest price and best warranty and call the Opel supplier direct to place your order. Don’t forget to confirm the delivery time at the point of sale. There you go; it's as simple as that! Our Opel sellers also have a wealth of technical experience, over 30 years actually, so feel FREE to request parts now, and be confident that you are buying from the best.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Kumar

Honda Shine
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by FrankSergio: 9:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
hello br,,,,am a Nigerian born and brought up in Bamenda.I leave in Lagos for 3yrs driving Opel Calibra.I will advice you to come by your self in Naija,cuz is very easy to come and cheap.I will advice you to buy 2.0 engine carburetor,is very easy to maintain and it's 50 to 60,000naira include the gear.if ur coming to Naija come through Ekok if ur from S.W or N.W region.And were u can find the engine and parts in Ojuelegba Surulere Lagos,,,,,,there is only Ford and Opel Parts....hope this help
Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
Frank Sergio: I will advice you to come by your self in Naija,cuz is very easy to come and cheap.I will advice you to buy 2.0 engine carburetor,is very easy to maintain and it's 50 to 60,000naira include the gear.

Is there any logical reason to downgrade the Bosch Motronic fuel injection system on a Sport Coupe, for a carburetor engine? The Vauxhall / Opel 2,0 8V OHC fuel-injected engine is as basic as it gets, there's nothing difficult to maintain about it.

More ill advice.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Can I Get A Used Opel Calibra Engine? by grandlexuz(m): 2:07am On Apr 28, 2013
Frank Sergio: hello br,,,,am a Nigerian born and brought up in Bamenda.I leave in Lagos for 3yrs driving Opel Calibra.I will advice you to come by your self in Naija,cuz is very easy to come and cheap.I will advice you to buy 2.0 engine carburetor,is very easy to maintain and it's 50 to 60,000naira include the gear.if ur coming to Naija come through Ekok if ur from S.W or N.W region.And were u can find the engine and parts in Ojuelegba Surulere Lagos,,,,,,there is only Ford and Opel Parts....hope this help

Thanks very much man..However the car was using but 2.0 injection. Besides I am not use to Carburetor cars. I think they are much headache. I live in Limbe, but I am use to Bamenda. Please get back intouch!

(1) (Reply)

Real Or Fake Atf Dw1 / I Went From 2003 Toyota Camry I4 To 2001 Mercedes Ml320: Upgrade Or Downgrade / The Moment A Mclaren 570s Was Spotted In A Village In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.