Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,364 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

My Best Friend Is Way Too Close To My Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Best Friend Is Way Too Close To My Ex (880 Views)

11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl / When Your Boyfriend Calls Way Too Much, Ladies How Do You Handle This? / How Can You Tell A Guy He Is Way Too Nice And It Is Turning You Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Best Friend Is Way Too Close To My Ex by Sparkle1(f): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
Saw this and decided to share smiley

My best friend is a very close friend of my ex-boyfriend's and it is killing me. I love her and she has been there for me more times than I can remember, and at times even more so than I have been for her.

She is always encouraging and I honestly am so glad to have her in my life. However, I am beginning to resent her a little and it is eating me up inside. She is my best friend, but she has also become my ex's best friend now that we are broken up. They do all the things we used to do together. They go out to eat, dancing, to bars and even recently exchanged Christmas gifts.

Before I started dating him, I used to encourage her to date him because they seemed like a good match even though she assured me that they were just friends and he told me she was "like a sister" to him. She was even the one that encouraged me to date him and who I confided in about the troubles in our relationship.

Now that we are no longer together, it is killing me to see her replace me in his life. I keep on getting jealous and upset and crying privately about the slightest little things that they do together.

I don't know why I'm doing this. I am not the one that ended the relationship five months ago, but I was the one that refused him when he came back several times wanting me back.

He is an amazing guy, and he was good to me, but I feel very sure about not wanting to be with him. (He is brilliant but not ambitious, and it drives me crazy!) Yet, I just cannot seem to let him go. What do I do? How do I get past this and retain my friendship with my closest friend?

Re: My Best Friend Is Way Too Close To My Ex by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
I know exactly how you feel, I've been there before, and I wasn't at peace till I cut both of them out of my life. Her closeness to your ex hasn't given you the space you need to mourn the relationship. You need to distance yourself from both of them till you are truly over him( not necessarily him but the relationship too )
Re: My Best Friend Is Way Too Close To My Ex by pomporiking: 1:14am On Mar 23, 2013
Den she aint no best friendcos I know a lot of gehs wey na default setting.if you dump a guy she is meant to dump him with you
Re: My Best Friend Is Way Too Close To My Ex by ITbomb(m): 1:24am On Mar 23, 2013
I surmised here that you are still without a guy cos if you were , u would be making the best outta ya relationship instead of murmuring over used toys that u gave away.
You didn't tell us y u separated

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Test Men They Are Dating / How Can I LOVE My Partner Again / 10 Things Ladies Should Do To Keep Their Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.