Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits (771 Views)

I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless —robbery Suspect / I Paid N60,000 To Escape From Police Cell — Serial Robbery Suspect (Pictured) / How Boko Haram Exploits, Rapes Abducted Girls — Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits by engrj(m): 7:47pm On Mar 19, 2013
However, when anxious reporters asked Garba Sani to state his own side of the story, he charged at them in high tone by asking if anyone of them (reporters) had not committed crime in their lives.

Without showing any sign of remorse, he said the crime for which he and other suspected members of his gang were arrested for is not a serious one when compared with that committed by those in public offices in Nigeria. The confrontation went thus;

Why are you here?
I am not a robber . This is not a robbery case. It is called break and entry.

Really? How did you do it?
I was on duty when my friends came and we went inside the company, broke the doors with tetracycline gas and packed the good away.

Are the goods yours?
No, they belong to the owner of the company.

Then what do you call that?
Please I can not talk much. I have told you we are not robbers. Listen, we have a lot of criminals in Nigeria. Senators are stealing money and nobody has arrested them. We too, we need money. We are jobless , we have nothing. My salary is N12 ,000 monthly. Besides, the stolen parts have been recovered and they did not find any gun on us. So, why would anybody call that robbery?

At this point, his alleged partner in crime, 30-year-old Okwudili Godwin , in whose warehouse the goods were recovered , interrupted, saying, “ We live in the same area. He sold the idea to me and I went there and we took the goods. Nothing happened to the goods and nothing has been sold. There was also no gun. We went there around 7pm when everybody had closed.

“He called us to go and collect the goods. I took the goods to my warehouse at Ikorodu area. . But nothing was sold from it and they have all been recovered intact. The goods were stolen in July last year and they recovered it this year. We did not sell it because it is not my line. I have never gone to look out for customers to buy them. Ask the police, nothing has been sold from that goods.”

Asked what business he was into, he said, “ I am a business man. I sell parts.”

Why did you not ask Sanni what he wanted you to do with the goods when he invited you?
Rather than give straight answers, he, again charged at reporters saying, “You that is asking me, have you never committed a crime in your life before? I am asking you a question, have you not committed a crime before?. Do not ask me that question again. How much are they paying you a month that can sustain you and your family? Please do not ask me that question again. Let me tell you , we are all criminals. We are Nigerians and we have the element of criminality in us”.

At this point, it was obvious they could not take any question again. However, the suspects, according to Braide, would be charged to court for robbery.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/drama-as-robbery-suspect-explodes-over-exploits/

Re: Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits by buccal(m): 7:54pm On Mar 19, 2013
Yeye people.that their big belle go soon reduce
Re: Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
engr j:

Please do not ask me that question again. Let me tell you , we are all criminals. We are Nigerians and we have the element of criminality in us”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/drama-as-robbery-suspect-explodes-over-exploits/

This guy must have been reading a lot of posts from ROSSIKE.
Re: Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits by vanstanzy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
Without showing any sign of remorse, he said the crime for which he and other suspected members of his gang were arrested for is not a serious one when compared with that committed by those in public offices in Nigeria.

Ha!Ha!Ha! This is just entertaining and interesting. At least they didn't lie with this fact. grin grin grin
Re: Drama As Robbery Suspect Explodes Over Exploits by vanstanzy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2013
engr j: However, when anxious reporters asked Garba Sani to state his own side of the story, he charged at them in high tone by asking if anyone of them (reporters) had not committed crime in their lives.

Without showing any sign of remorse, he said the crime for which he and other suspected members of his gang were arrested for is not a serious one when compared with that committed by those in public offices in Nigeria. The confrontation went thus;

Why are you here?
I am not a robber . This is not a robbery case. It is called break and entry.

Really? How did you do it?
I was on duty when my friends came and we went inside the company, broke the doors with tetracycline gas and packed the good away.

Are the goods yours?
No, they belong to the owner of the company.

Then what do you call that?
Please I can not talk much. I have told you we are not robbers. Listen, we have a lot of criminals in Nigeria. Senators are stealing money and nobody has arrested them. We too, we need money. We are jobless , we have nothing. My salary is N12 ,000 monthly. Besides, the stolen parts have been recovered and they did not find any gun on us. So, why would anybody call that robbery?

At this point, his alleged partner in crime, 30-year-old Okwudili Godwin , in whose warehouse the goods were recovered , interrupted, saying, “ We live in the same area. He sold the idea to me and I went there and we took the goods. Nothing happened to the goods and nothing has been sold. There was also no gun. We went there around 7pm when everybody had closed.

“He called us to go and collect the goods. I took the goods to my warehouse at Ikorodu area. . But nothing was sold from it and they have all been recovered intact. The goods were stolen in July last year and they recovered it this year. We did not sell it because it is not my line. I have never gone to look out for customers to buy them. Ask the police, nothing has been sold from that goods.”

Asked what business he was into, he said, “ I am a business man. I sell parts.”

Why did you not ask Sanni what he wanted you to do with the goods when he invited you?
Rather than give straight answers, he, again charged at reporters saying, “You that is asking me, have you never committed a crime in your life before? I am asking you a question, have you not committed a crime before?. Do not ask me that question again. How much are they paying you a month that can sustain you and your family? Please do not ask me that question again. Let me tell you , we are all criminals. We are Nigerians and we have the element of criminality in us”.

At this point, it was obvious they could not take any question again. However, the suspects, according to Braide, would be charged to court for robbery.

grin grin grin grin Despite how funny these guys are, they will and MUST face the wrath of the law.

TAKE THEM AWAY! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Customs Arrested A Man Trying To Export $540,000 In Cash On A Flight To Dubai / Grand Mother Slaughter And Drink Grand Son's Blood. / Heartbreaking Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.