Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,308 members, 7,780,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:53 PM

Mastering A Programming Language.... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mastering A Programming Language.... (1861 Views)

How To Choose A Programming Language / Build A Mobile App Without Knowing Any Programming Language or line of code. / What U Need To Know Before Learn A Programming Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mastering A Programming Language.... by abhithepandey: 5:44am On Mar 20, 2013
i am student of computer science.

i have read almost all popular blogs on "how to master a programming language".

now i have decided my own algorithm to master a programming language. which goes like this

1) get(download) all the popular/recommended eBooks of a particular programming language.

2) read/understand the text, simultaneously type/experiment the programming examples appearing with the text.

3) solve all the programming exercises at the end of the chapters.

4) do lot of opensource projects at www.github.com

5) try to get a better ranking at topcoder.com

am i doing/thinking right?
Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by Javanian: 8:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Yes, you should also take some tutorials on data structures and algorithms.
Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by blenyo11(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
You are doing the right thing. One other thing is; learn like the Chinese.
Don't jump from language to language. Give the whole of your concentration to one first.

1 Like

Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by romme2u: 2:02am On Jul 25, 2013
apart from solving all the exercises at the end of the chapter, undertake real life projects that are big and can be deployed in the business environment.

u will learn more than u can imagine.

REMEMBER undertaking real life projects will entail using external libraries, using APIs outside of your programming language of choice and possible learning regular expressions and other programming features which cut across most programming languages.

you will also learn to interact with other applications and operating system routines.
Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by harryobas: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2013
Mastering a Programming language in terms of its syntax and semantics is a good start but I strongly believe it is also important for u to master the various frameworks associated with your chosen language becos without good knowledge/understanding of frameworks it is impossible to develop a proper application in my opinion
Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by Divergent(m): 12:41am On Jul 31, 2013
Project Euler helps too.
(www.projecteuler.net)

And NEVER underestimate the power of the real-world project.
NEVER.
Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by blueyedgeek(m): 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
{{var bump = true}}
Re: Mastering A Programming Language.... by chim14(m): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2015
blah blah blah

(1) (Reply)

Learn Programming Here / Create Your Own Youtube Like Video Site Easily With Wordpress / How Hard Is Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.