Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon (35168 Views)

Lemon Is An Anti-cancer Food- Expert / 23 Benefits Of Lemon Water You Should Never Miss! / 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Oranges (2) (3) (4)

Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Ebestsmscom: 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
Jolomsguy: Wow! Nice write up, so educating.

Just wondering if it also has any negative implication on our system, my thought is, all positivity also has its negativity aspect also.

Please throw more lights.

Nice one though.

Gbam.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by nikkypearl(f): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Applying lemon on d face b4 goin 2bed @nyt wil give u a very smooth face,just try it 4 a month! Beta dan all d bleaching cream u can ever tink of!
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Costa2000(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks op
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Josephnice: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
The adverse reaction(side effect) from personal experience: it causes internal heat, sleeplessness and body irritation as well as dehydration even when u drink water constantly it still prove this. That's my personal experience, others may differs
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
Josephnice: The adverse reaction(side effect) from personal experience: it causes internal heat, sleeplessness and body irritation as well as dehydration even when u drink water constantly it still prove this. That's my personal experience, others may differs

Despite all the goodness that limes/lemons provide as mentioned above, remember always to take only in moderation. More is not always better.

Some people are allergic to citrus peels, so when you take lime/lemon juice extracted together with the peel, check yourself to see if there is any allergic reaction afterwards. It happened to me once, I went for lunch with some family friends, and I didn't like the gravy they prepared because the lemon was squashed with the peels, and I didn't want to reject the food since i willingly followed them.
When I got home, my toilet bowl knew what happened. I am not allergic to it at all, but I found out it's a bad idea when it's squashed with the peels coz i end up writhing in pain.

Know what you're allergic to, irregardless of it's nutritous value, take it in the right quantity and at the right time.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Josephnice: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
gluv01:

Despite all the goodness that limes/lemons provide as mentioned above, remember always to take only in moderation. More is not always better.

Some people are allergic to citrus peels, so when you take lime/lemon juice extracted together with the peel, check yourself to see if there is any allergic reaction afterwards. It happened to me once, I went for lunch with some family friends, and I didn't like the gravy they prepared because the lemon was squashed with the peels, and I didn't want to reject the food since i willingly followed them.
When I got home, my toilet bowl knew what happened. I am not allergic to it at all, but I found out it's a bad idea when it's squashed with the peels coz i end up writhing in pain.

Know what you're allergic to, irregardless of it's nutritous value, take it in the right quantity and at the right time.

thanks for this info. What i can rightly agree on here is being allergic to this particular fruit cus i took it in moderation ie 1 lemon squeeze mixed with a glass of water taken every morning. After the experience i just conclude this is not the right fruit for me.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by antontech(m): 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thanks a lot.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Aroy: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
Can a pregnant woman take lime/lemon?
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
Josephnice:
thanks for this info. What i can rightly agree on here is being allergic to this particular fruit cus i took it in moderation ie 1 lemon squeeze mixed with a glass of water taken every morning. After the experience i just conclude this is not the right fruit for me.

You're welcome. Probably your body system sees it as a foreign agent and that's why. I don't know the reason for that.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Rubyrose: 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
nikkypearl: Applying lemon on d face b4 goin 2bed @nyt wil give u a very smooth face,just try it 4 a month! Beta dan all d bleaching cream u can ever tink of!
I tried it but before I knew it pimples was all over my face and I had to stop. I guess it didn't suit my skin.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by gluv01(f): 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Aroy: Can a pregnant woman take lime/lemon?

Just a precaution now

Sunburn Due To Lime
Allergies to lime oil have been commonly reported, especially in light skinned people. People who are sensitive to lime oil should not apply it directly to their skin as it causes skin burn when the skin is exposed to sunlight. This effect is called photosensitization which basically happens because of the chemical oxypeucedanin, present in lime oil. Some of these naija babes with skin burns, plus coke and fanta skin caused it. Lime is also used as a skin lightener or bleaching ingredient, but most people without testing it on a fraction of their skin, just go ahead and apply it and then it kills their nerve cells beneath their skin, thereby causing a reaction which leave them with a rough, unpleasant skin. And for most people, you won't believe it that they used lime oil to nourish their skin. It makes the skin glow in a healthy manner. Those set of people are not allergic to it.

Then the Risk Associated During Pregnancy is not certain yet.
Lime is not considered unsafe during pregnancy but no confirmed result has been yet published on it’s over consumption and safety. So, to remain protected from the dangers of lime, it should be consumed in food amount during pregnancy as well as nursing period.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by dnawah(m): 4:48am On Mar 22, 2013
14.anti body odor,can be use with alcohol 2 remove odor 4rm d armpit.use them to wash ur armpit whenever u what 2 tak ur bath,do it 4 @ least 1 wk.ur'll become newgrin
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 22, 2013
emilyone: pls guys, what are the amazing benefits of lemon grass?

it can be used as weed....lol
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by nosique: 12:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote author=Ijogz K]Where can I get to buy lemon in Lagos ohhhhh, I only see Oranges and Lime. You can find it in any market. Look for yoruba women dat sells lime and grape.
Re: 13 Amazing Health Benefits Of Lemon by nosique: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
Does lime & lemon juice shrinks fibroid?

Woman Who Didn't Even Know She Was Pregnant Gives Birth In Plane Toilet / 4 Reasons Why Rats Are Always In Your House / Man Washing His Carrots With Gutter Water Caught [Photo]