Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm (14222 Views)

Nigeria 'consistently In Top Two' For Trafficking In UK / Fake Woman Bosoms Serve As Concealment Method For Drug Trafficking / 732 Nigerians Are In Different Chinese Prisons For Various Offences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by Tjohn1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
LEADERS of the delegation of Norwegian Intelligence Service and Customs officials, Mr. Kai Arild Holm, yesterday, in Lagos, said no fewer than 1,585 Nigerians were arrested and detained in Norwegian prisons between 2000 and 2012 over drug trafficking offences.

Disclosing this development during the team’s visit to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, in Lagos, Holm said the visit to the anti-narcotic agency was to enhance collaboration with Nigerian authorities in counter narcotic smuggling, money laundering and human trafficking.

According to him, “in 2012, we arrested 432 Nigerians in Norway and deported 95 over drug trafficking. We need your help in dealing with the problem of West African criminal networks in Norway. Most Nigerians arrested over drug trafficking are based in Europe. They engage in drug smuggling and launder the money back home.”

Chairman of NDLEA, Ahamu Giade, said the decision to collaborate with the Norway was reached after a meeting with a delegation of Norwegian Police and Customs officials that visited the agency in Lagos, Monday.

He said: “We need to enter into a memorandum of understanding to deepen our collaboration with the Norwegian government. Drug trafficking is a common problem and we need to embrace the principle of shared responsibility in addressing it. The technical details will soon be perfected. This will lead to improvement in arrests, prosecution and assets forfeiture.”

The NDLEA boss who condemned the involvement of Nigerians in criminal activities abroad, promised to take necessary steps in boosting the image of the country.

The steps, he added, included effective collaboration in counter narcotics, financial and assets investigation and anti-drug education.

The delegation will spend some days in Nigeria while details of the memorandum are being worked out.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/1585-nigerians-in-norway-prisons-over-drug-trafficking-says-holm/

SOURCE: VANGUARD
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by coninse: 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
That's not good.

2 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by akatonero(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
But some re still on their way right now to deliver same thing. Naija people na hustle till dem die.forget that u only live once.say no to drug trafficking!!!

2 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by Booty4me: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
what are they doing in norway??

1 Like

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by Pelummy(f): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
coninse: That's not good.
wat s nt good there?prison,deportation or drug trafficking?
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by seedord247(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
We know pple wey dey there..... Uzobuzobu grin cheesy

14 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by EJIROIT(f): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
na poverty dey cos dis kind of disgrace............wen instead of practicin DEMOCRACY we are practicin KLEPTOCRACY

2 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by moneyhungry(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Booty4me: what are they doing in norway??
them dey try find WAY....
but unfortunately, NO-WAY.

9 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by sheyguy: 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
With Jona thinking of how to raise fuel price those guys wouldn't even want to risk being deported back to Nigeria talk-less of a Nigerian prison.

1 Like

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by gen2briz(m): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
E beta for them now at least their prison dey different from our own

1 Like

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by coninse: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
Pelummy: wat s nt good there?prison,deportation or drug trafficking?

None of it is good.

1 Like

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by YorubaOmoge: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
[size=18pt]Drugs must taste like apku. embarassed[/size]

4 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by TriggerHappy: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
It's OK considering the country in question

2 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by 2pmstcharles(m): 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
Even if all of em are igbos who is to be blamed? Our hussling is wat still keepin us goin in dis fuc...king country
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by donlyone(m): 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
I bet those guys would prefer imprisonment to deportation

3 Likes

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by ceejay80s(m): 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
If i try am, i go suceed
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
"Drug trafficking" sounds like a loaded term to me.
I will wager a bet that most of these Nigerians are doing time for small-time drug dealing, an enterprise that stems from the lack of employment opportunities for illegal migrants in Norway, and nothing more.
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
And some ll still not learn.
As you are reading this, there are hundreds of Nigerians trying to push drugs to foreign countries.
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
God save them say no be Malaysia dem go try that one
Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by sol2galay: 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
At least they are better off than those fools who are milking us dry,if we are known for drug trafficking without being under kleptocracy nigeria would have been the best place to live.Imagine these guys has been contributing the highest percentage of our GDP growth by laying down thier life and freedom in other to better the life of thier people and the society at large.though not supporting drug trafficking.

1 Like

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by sureteeboy(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
THAT'S PROUDLY NAIJA!!!

1 Like

Re: 1,585 Nigerians In Norway Prisons For Drug Trafficking, Says Holm by KINGwax(m): 7:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kill them all jur. Shey me I no see drug dey push wey I dey hustle dey manage here.
I repeat, kill them all.
Over and out!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Cheap Hotels In Port Harcourt / Australia: Boeing 787 Suffers Drop Due To Technical Problem. 50 Injured / Top 10 Longest Bridges In Africa 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.