Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,593 members, 7,801,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients (10580 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / Can An Undergraduate Take Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers (cis)exam? / Nigerian Banks, Stockbrokers, And Services For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by question(m): 8:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Here we go again... another faux pas
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by question(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2013
sboga: [size=14pt]I WILL SELL ALL MY STOCKS TOMORROW[/size]
Buy or Sell, brokers get their commission. wetin concern them?

@ Topic:
Is this how they want to gain investors' confidence.

Vagabonds In Power are mis-using their powers.

Because the NSE INDEX has started picking up, they have started feeling relevant.

When Companies release doctored results. They turn a blind eye.
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by Syncan(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2013
Where is the phone number of this man...abi na woman sef, representing my constituency,there should be another freedom of information bill specifically for NSE
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by smartg(m): 9:00am On Mar 21, 2013
rubish 419 decision
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by kabba7(m): 9:18am On Mar 21, 2013
I no go school but will not want my money to be where i cant monitor .
Too many crooks in Naija.
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by kabaka1: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
PHIPEX: This is bad news, not now that I've started making small small change from the market. How many of us young and small investors can afford to go to such "licenced companies" for data? Tomorrow they'll complain that foreigners are dominating the market. Why will they leave me in the dark partaining to the state of my shares?

Sorry, but definitely, the NSE doesn't recognize or want small players like u rather they want Big Hitters n Big players like u said "foreigners" or companies
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
I don't think u guys undertand wat they want to do.
They say d data is their data and stock broker must pay (get license) to use it. If stockbroker pays for d info, be sure it will be passed to you - the investos. Onyema want to list NSE on Nse, una neva hear dt? Dt means Nse will be going for public offer soon and you will be seeing the shares of Nse on Nse. So he wants to be posting profits like banks. So selling his info is a way to increase profit.
Mtcheeeew!
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by oriauwa: 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
I just got the mail below from the NSE:

Dear Media Partner,

You will be aware of the recent comments and enquiries regarding the distribution and use of the market data of The Nigerian Stock Exchange.

The Exchange is a strong proponent of prolific data access and its accurate and timely dissemination to the investing community and wider stakeholders of the market, as this facilitates market transparency, better investment decision making and improved access to our capital market. In light of this, the Exchange has initiated several initiatives to provide free access to data for the market stakeholders. This includes:

• The provision of a near real-time ticker on its website - www.nse.com.ng
• Provision of a number of end of day and historical data on The Exchange’s website - http://www.nse.com.ng/MarketNews/Pages/Downloadspage.aspx
The above information is available on a 24x7 basis at no cost to investors and the wider market stakeholders.

In order to further the objectives of providing a quality and timely market data dissemination service, the Exchange took direct control of its Market Data business in October 2012 from EDS and some of our market data vendors, which include reputable global market data distributors such as Reuters, Bloomberg, SIX Telekurs, DirectFN, Interactive Data and I-NET Bridge, have formally noted the improved service levels as a result of this move.

For the professional end of the market, index creators and data distributors, the norm is for them to pay for data access and any subsequent distribution to support their professional use. Data distributors cover any organization (including broker/dealer firms) receiving The Exchange’s data and forwarding these to other market stakeholders for both professional and non-professional use.

It is normal practice for global Stock Exchanges to charge for this type of market data use to cover some of the huge cost incurred in generating, storing and disseminating the data, which incidentally is also a key element of their intellectual property rights. Indeed, market data sales account for a sizeable portion of the income of many global Exchanges. We have however offered a discounted fee for our broker/dealer firms and the domestic professional end of the market, to facilitate improved access and priced the service competitively in comparison to other Stock Exchanges. We have also taken steps to ensure that the retail end of the market can continue to access some of the key market data information at no cost via our web and electronic mail services using the above links.

The Exchange wishes to reassure the investing community and wider market stakeholders of its commitment to the provision of quality and timely market data access to them and will continue to take steps to ensure that this commitment is maintained at all times.
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by Shadowblaqq(m): 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
KINGwax: information is power!
When u give out too much, u're no more relevant
Nice one bro i like this
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by Akanniade(m): 3:46am On Mar 31, 2013
Anyone one can trend any nigerian stock on bloomberg.
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by Myself2(m): 11:01am On Apr 01, 2013
[quote]speaktome:[/Anyway, let me tell my Oga on top abt d letest development in NSE

2nd to comment...am coming up shaa quote]
Must you display your foolishness everytime
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by ohkingdavid(m): 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
Good day All,

Please I received a proposal from one company over seas & would love to have ideas on how to handle this opportunity.

Kindly see ascert from the company's representative that sent me the proposal.

......We are currently looking for a consultant who can help us in penetrating into the Nigerian markets. We provide solutions to the stock brokers and stock exchanges in India and we would like to enter into the Nigerian Markets . Our target customers are stock exchanges, financial institutions and stock brokers who are into Capital Markets .

We would like to know the following information.

1. Potential Customers i.e. Brokers and Traders in Nigerian Stock Markets.

2. Vendors Information i.e. Competitors’ Analysis –Similar Products which are used in the Nigerian Markets ,its features ,price and the name of the clients which are using products.

3. Marketing Strategy- Understand the customers’ Problems and Requirements and their specific needs.

4. Internet/Digital Marketing and Brand Management Strategy

We request a proposal from you on the above mentioned requirements including the cost of the services you provide.

Thanks to you if you can assist me, direct me, link/connect me to people in this trade/business, or advise me.

you can reach me on: ohkingdavid2@ gmail.com.
Re: NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2014
“I think this is in a bid to control the amount of information that is being let out to the investing public, and ensure that the right information is sent out to the investing community.”

The Right Information or "Information they choose to send out"?

Something is not right somewhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FGN Savings Bond / VTU Business in Nigeria / Domak Estate Firm Unveils Student's Shelter Scheme, Collaborates With NAPS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.