Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:11 PM

Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. (13448 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants Bomb Pipeline In Under Water Attack / I Didn’t Blow Up Pipeline – Tompolo / Tompolo: Armed Youths Blow-up Pipeline, Oil Facilities In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by OurYansh: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ex-militants blow up crude oil pipeline in Delta

March 20, 2013 | 1:06 pm

News

By Emma Amaize

WARRI- EX-MILITANTS, in the early hours of Tuesday, bombed a crude oil pipeline, belonging to the Nigeria Petroleum Development Company, NPDC, located between Evwreni Edjekota and Ewu in Ughelli North Local Government Area.

A source told Vanguard, “Those who carried out the explosion are the same group that exploded a gas pipeline in Ughelli axis, recently. Their anger is that they were not documented for the post amnesty programme by the Federal Government after surrendering their arms to the Joint Task Force in 2001.”

“They gave the Federal Government a seven-day ultimatum to document them or return their arms, but nothing was done about the matter, that was why they struck again today (yesterday)”, he added.

However, a top official of the Amnesty Office, Abuja, who disowned the ex-militants, told Vanguard, “We are not even sure they are ex-militants, it is you (Vanguard) that is telling me now. Anybody, who is an ex-militant that surrendered his arms and accepted amnesty, took an oath that he would not return to such criminal act anymore and so, I do not believe they are ex-agitators.”

“If they are, they have broken the agreement and my take is that security agents should identify them and take care of them because they are criminals. The amnesty programme is not an everlasting programme, some people have been documented for the programme and this office is handling their training,” he added.

It was gathered that the ex-militants who exploded the crude oil pipeline did not meet with resistance and returned to base safely.

The action committee of the third phase ex-militants that launched the attack, in a statement, said, “At the expiration of the seven-day ultimatum, third phase ex-militants, who the Federal Government did not register, about 12.26 am, this morning (Tuesday) , in Ughelli axis in Delta State, blew up a pipeline, located between Evwreni Edjekota and Ewu.”

“The fire is still on as we send this message, this is just the beginning in the Niger-Delta region. We will not sleep until government gives us our amnesty slots. For the avoidance of doubt, we are the undocumented ex-militants who the federal government asked to submit all the arms they have early 2011, yet they refused to include us in the recent documentation.

“All our reports are in the hands of government and they excluded us, we are still begging the government to give us back our arms  and we gave them seven-days ultimatum to reason with us. Nevertheless, government did not respond, this is to say government has called for war.

“We will start exploding all flow stations and pipelines belonging to oil companies in Delta state, now we want to face the oil companies if they did not intervene in this matter and resolve  the problem.

“Another five-day ultimatum is hereby given for the companies to to act, they should be warned, next time, it is operation no mercy”, statement added

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/ex-militants-blow-up-crude-oil-pipeline-in-delta/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by WarriPikin1: 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
Good job, my boys. We need to cut that oil flow. This type of cheating is just too much!

5 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by OurYansh: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
Warri _Pikin: Good job, my boys. We need to cut that oil flow. This type of cheating is just too much!

It's senseless to think that the FG is‎​ responsible for the under-development of the Niger-Delta while the real enemies are those from the region who are stealing you blind!!

Imagine the waste, embezzlement taking place in Delta and Bayelsa.. Thanks to Uduaghan and his fellow thieves!!!

26 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Tolexander: 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2013
Extreme north, Boko haram!

Extreme south, Militant!

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Warri _Pikin: Good job, my boys. We need to cut that oil flow. This type of cheating is just too much!
ask your leaders what they did with oil money? starting from your governor.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by ebamma(m): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
How to make it in the niger delta
Step 1: gather some touts
Step 2:buy some guns and give them
Step 3:find a catchy name like mend, menda, mendi and give your group
Step 4:bomb a few oil installations or kidnap expatriate oil workers
Step 5:call a radio station or newspaper and claim responsibility
Step 6:no worry yourself, as far as is retardeen Gej that is in aso rock, your amnesty package worth atleast 1million dollars every month is assured

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by maskid(m): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
wow
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by ebamma(m): 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
no go find work do, dey dia dey find government money to chop.
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by sheyguy: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
@4bobo, PDP all the way!!! No be wetin we be want be this - Unified Stealing of Our Commonwealth. Mugu pipo them dye well.
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by An0nimus: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ex? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2013
Bad boys destroying Nija's petrol pipelines.
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by IGBOSON1: 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
“If they are, they have broken the agreement and my take is that security agents should identify them and take care of them because they are criminals.

Oh boy! When you hear Nigerian security agents are coming to 'take care of you', you suppose fear!.....you should go for thanksgiving if you manage to live to tell the tale.
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Minorsegment: 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2013
Na wa o
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by hardbody: 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
THis is becoming very interesting or is it? A group of guys, once they run out of cash will claim they are/or were militants and because they were not documented, will start blasting off oil pipelines. THey are further degrading an already degraded and sick environment. If the government should continue this amnesty thing indefinitely, children yet unborn will grow up and claim amnesty under militancy, is that the way to go? is that the future they want for their place? Cant these guys think of something more meaningful or find better ways of pressing their claims, assuming they have any? I so love this country sha. Very soon we will hear of another blast up north, the BH cowards will be insisting on amnesty too. Whatever happened to OPC, Egbesu, MASSOB and the rest of them. Very soon we will become a country of 'amnesia' abi amnesty. SMH

5 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Booty4me: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
0yeee moni
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by stolenstone: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
this is the kinda crap you get when you refuse to challenge a problem squarely but resort to the peace-scam called amnesty! Imagine granting boko haram amnesty 2moro and anoda bunch of talibans and hooligans and start blowing up buses, markets, and churches in the name of not being included in the amnesty scheme.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Cupidkc(m): 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
Poverty is the root of all wicked acts...all I see is joblessness.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 20, 2013
The south-south are the greatest enemy of themselves,instead of clamouring for development,they are busy inflicting more pains on themselves through greed,and selfish interest.
Their so called leaders have brainwashed them believing that amnesty is the only way to development..poverty is truly a disease.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
Please pardon them. Is the Devil, they did nt mean to blow it up but the thing just took off. Since they have shown remorse and repentant atitude they shd be pardoned pls
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nwogbe: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
I thought we have gone pass this era??
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by toshmann(m): 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ex militants? What d'you understand by ex?

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by kevoh(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
You give amnesty na wahala, You no give amnesty na still wahala. Which way my Niger-Delta people?
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by BarryX(m): 6:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
Good riddance to bad rubbish!!
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
I heard that most of those involved in the amnesty program aint militants, some people are using this opportuinty to get the FG pay for their childrens school fees abroad.

Bombs everywhere, Nigeria which way? Heading to crash?
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nwogbe: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
Tolexander: Extreme north, Boko haram!

Extreme North, Militant!
Militant in extreme north too Wake up guy.

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by solomon111(m): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
This is just a tip of the iceberg of what will happen,if a northerner become president.

5 Likes

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Oh boy! When you hear Nigerian security agents are coming to 'take care of you', you suppose fear!.....you should go for thanksgiving if you manage to live to tell the tale.

Just wait and see the taking these APC sponsored idiots would get from JTF. Starting from the community leader, to the vigilante boys and the religious leaders. Right now, they are all suspect and would be made to face secret interrogation "for security reasons". Them never see anything..them no know wetin wan hit.
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Biggyd2: 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2013
So what will oga do now? Grant these ones amnesty too? After that do same for Boko Haram, JAMB and whatever name these terrorists go by?

1 Like

Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by DJDOLA(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
niger i hail ooo
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by YorubaOmoge: 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
[size=18pt]Annual amnesty request naa ni.[/size]
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by iamswizz(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Ex-militants Blow-Up Pipeline In Delta State. by Cupidkc(m): 6:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nwogbe: I thought we have gone pass this era??
like you have seen,we have not at all.
The problem is that most Nigerian youths are not gainfully employed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Sets The Pace With His BBC Interview - Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah / North East Youth - "Our Rejection Of Shettima Stands" / Fresh Crises Hit PDP State Chapters Over 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.