Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) (9305 Views)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Write A Description: Describe Her Beauty. / Let's Write A Book! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by Tori46(f): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2016
Op thanks, these tips are really helpful
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by repogirl(f): 8:39am On Apr 22, 2016
Ptoocool:

Since you're 'thinking',,well, I think you're right,,
More like you're a victim of this too,, grin
Tell me if am wrong,,
I am a huge victim oo! Presently going through one at the moment. I wouldn't blame laziness directly anyway, I think it's more procrastination.

Is there a difference between procrastination and laziness, I wonder.
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by Ptoocool(m): 8:49am On Apr 22, 2016
repogirl:
I am a huge victim oo! Presently going through one at the moment. I wouldn't blame laziness directly anyway, I think it's more procrastination.

Is there a difference between procrastination and laziness, I wonder.

Oh really?
Now it's my turn to 'think',,and I think the two works hand-in-hand cheesy matter of fact, in my dico, this two are the same,,

Since it's now obvious this things have been denying us progress with our writings, it's high time we looked for ways around it,,
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by repogirl(f): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2016
Ptoocool:

Oh really?
Now it's my turn to 'think',,and I think the two works hand-in-hand cheesy matter of fact, in my dico, this two are the same,,

Since it's now obvious this things have been denying us progress with our writings, it's high time we looked for ways around it,,
yeah, if you 'think' up any ideas, please let me know.
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by chocckidd: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2016
Thank you for this write up, really needed this.
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by safarigirl(f): 11:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Depends on how much time you have on your hands.

If the inspiration comes, I write, if not, it will wait. You don't schedule writing lest you end up writing something grossly underwhelming

Certain scenes like the emotional and sexual scenes will need you to be 'in the moment' to be executed properly

I do agree that you have to have a plot as well as a certain end, the stress is in the events in between the beginning and the end

Great write-up though @ujsizzle wink
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by Ptoocool(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2016
repogirl:
yeah, if you 'think' up any ideas, please let me know.

grin there's nofin much to think about,,that's the reason why I was thanking OP - everything needed is in the link(s) on this thread - I think,,
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by God2man(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2016
Good
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by Iamvictor(m): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2016
How do you guys get your book published?
Re: 10 Tips On How To Write A Lot (and Get That Novel Written) by EmilyRock: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2018
These are really good tips. I totally agree that writing every day in the most productive time is a clue to write more and better. Aso I would suggest reading good books, which will inspire your and will heat the imagination.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Torn' - A Story / Airtel Wins Award For ‘best Use Of Storytelling’ At Seras 2019 / ¤¤The Trio¤¤

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.