Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,614 members, 7,770,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram (16900 Views)

Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram / Jesse Jackson Backs Amnesty For Boko-Haram / Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dreal1247: 9:50am On Mar 21, 2013
[quote author=eggheaders]jona is too dull to know that arms struggle alone can't defeat terrorism because it is an idealogy.you can defeat the terrorist but you can't defeat the terorrism mindsets.that why all might America will negotiate with Taliban in Qatar.but our gej is so dumb and thinks he knows all and has choose to turn a deaf ear to all voice of reasoning telling him to grant amnesty.anyway I pray he uses his dead brain cells before it is too late.
Its lyk u know the right thing 2 do. U Av 4gotten that Buhari is the originator of bh. 4 now he is Tinubu's best friend, also they arf party members. U can work 2gether with them 2 eradicat bh. After all Buhari is their visible spokesman. Lets i 4get tel ur Buhari not 2 flag off his presidential campaign unles he ends the bh in Nigeria. I rense that he ir going 2 use them 2 permernently reserve the presidential seat 4 northerners. They av already failed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by taharqa: 9:52am On Mar 21, 2013
9ja_i_hail2:

Now all of you support amnesty for BH just because Thienubu had said so? I thought we all was with GEJ for not giving amnesty to BH? What unfortunate thing to share a nation with cowards like you people.
Cowards and HYPOCRITES indeed... I like d way GEJ handles sm of these people in 9ja (like Oga Tinubu and his gang on NL)- just pretend they dont exist. SIMPLE. This was how almost every person was shouting at Yar'adua: 'give Amnesty' to ND militants; afta he did, they turn around singing a very diff song: 'govt is pandering and franternazing with criminals'. Bunch of Noise making HYPOCRITES indeed..... Anyways, they shld hv know by now dat d President CAN NEVER be stampeded into making any decision. People shld just quit wasting their time for dier own good..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 9:53am On Mar 21, 2013
TechRev:

You argument is flawed cause you are offering them the same scholarships and western education they claim to be fighting against.

Is anyone still agitating for 'resource control' in Niger-Delta since the amnesty? Who really does not want to be educated? Sanusi, our current CBN Governor is from an islamic background, and is even an islamic scholar, yet he has all his degrees. FG has to find a way to reach out to the down-trodden in the north, who are so prone to joining BH. Of course, they have to work with the 'educated leaders' of the north who will act as models for change. Go to Saudi, Iran, UAE and see how islamists are embracing change. Government people should stop stealing money and start to mobilise funds for mass education of all Nigerians. That is the long term solution.

Dont be deceived. If that BH boy realizes he can sit in Abuja tomorrow as a Minister, he will drop the bomb and embrace the books. The Niger-Deltans embraced the money and other opportunities given them and dropped tons and tons of bombs. It can happen in the north as well.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by omonnakoda: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2013
I think Tinubu is playing politics and that is why I remain suspicious of him.Any person who does not have blood on his hands does not need amnesty. Even if these people are granted amnesty then what?
The issue of Sharia,Islamization remains unresolved. Christians remain prohibited from worshipping in many parts of the North and Boko Haram has extended that.Does he believe these people are fighting for money like the Niger Delta militants? Can Nigeria compromise on their main Islamization demand? Will they (BH) compromise?. I think Tinubu does not understand the mindset of a suicide bomber. THey believe they have a grievance, they have foreign backers let us look at it from Boko Haram's perspective. Of what use is an amnesty without achieving the the more militant and domineering Islam in the North. I am sorry the issue this time is more than amnesty because many Northern leaders know this people and are shielding them either from fear or tacit support. The issue at stake is whether we continue together, the Nature of the Nigeria we shall have and the role of religion in our nation. Too many have died,what do we tell their people. Even more alarming is the trend that seems to be developing that "militancy" pays dividends. It will be too much for many Nigerians to swallow if the FG starts paying Kabiru Sokoyo a monthly salary and Send him to Egypt for "rehabilitation training".
Even though I would be inclined to support APC on this issue alone I feel strongly enough to vote GEJ with ALL his incompetence.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 9:56am On Mar 21, 2013
TRUTHTELA: [b]WOE UNTO TINUBU, SHAME ON HIM and his family members. If he actually said this, HIS OWN HOUSEHOLD WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE. If he can support a FACELESS group that chose to be bombing CHRISTIANS/SOUTHERNERS for no JUST cause. Then, Nigeria, is a SOMALIA/SUDAN in the making, NO FORM OF AMNESTY can save the "Lugard's experiment from collapsing.

This is what you hear from a HELL HOLE RULED BY ROGUES

NIGER-DELTA MILITANTS FOUGHT AN ECONOMIC WAR & THEY WORN AND WILL CONTINUE TO WIN. They didn't go to the CITY CENTERS AND BE THROWING BOMB AT TRAVELERS, RATHER, THEY BLEW UP OIL INSTALLATIONS AND WILL WARN THE OIL FIRMS TO LEAVE THEIR REGION OR ELSE. DID YOU SEE THEM THROWING BOMB INSIDE THE MOSQUE? FYI, UNITED NATIONS AND HUNDREDS OF INT'L AGENCIES & SCHOLARS IDENTIFIED WITH THE OBJECTIVES AND AGITATIONS OF THE MILITANTS.

BUT THESE WRETCHED AND ILLITERATE NORTHERN ELITES KEPT SPONSORING A GROUP THAT'VE BEEN KILLING CHRISTIANS, HEALTH CARE WORKERS, BOMBING CHURCHES,ETC, SIMPLY COS THEY WANT GEJ, TO RELEASE FUNDS, UNDER THE GUISE OF "AMNESTY", THE LAZY LEECH NORTHERN ELITES AND RTD. "GENERALS AND THEIR REGION HAS NOTHING TO OFFER THE WORLD. ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY, SO THEY CAN MARRY YOUNGER GIRLS, BUY FLASHY CARS AND FLY TO DUBAI AND DO SHOPPING, SHAME ON THEM AND TINUBU!!!! THE EVIL THAT MEN DO...[/b]

My Man you can as well copy these causes and paste on President Jonathan. Tinubu is not holding any position of authority today and any statement from him is simply advisory. The bucks (of failure to contain BH) stop on President Jonathan's table.

Your post show emotion and intense hatred towards the North. I hope your pains are real like many other concerned Nigerians.
Contrary to your attempt to trivialise the level of damages inflicted by the ND militants , however, verifiable records show their activities were/are just as deadly and destructive the BH's. I never supported paid-amnesty for ND militants and will never support paid-amnesty for BH. Amnesty means forgiveness for the sinners and must not necessarily come with financial gratification like the ND militants amnesty

Killing is killing no matter the motivation and style. I will treat a BH member the same way I will treat a MEND'.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by taharqa: 10:01am On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope: I cannot but laugh at the tactics of these ACN/CPC supporters. They are saboteurs, simple. Ready to bring the country down just to fulfill their personal ambitions and be in charge of the national purse.

Just go back and check all their posts from 2 years back. They constantly and consistently kept calling GEJ name when it was muted that the FG was discussing with BH with a view to reaching a settlement. They kept saying, you cannot negotiate with terrorists. Fast forward to 2013 and what do you see? The same set of folks are saying GEJ should grant amnesty to BH. It is now obvious that they are saboteurs who are willing to do anything just to attain power at the center. They dont care for Nigerians or for human lives. They are wicked and selfish folks who will use anything and any event to score cheap political gains. Sad!
Bunch of shameless HYPOCRITES and turncoats, they all are.. Let a new thread appear today on NL affirming dat d President has declard 'Amnesty' for d BH Animals, and see what these same people now supporting (infact, demanding) it wud be writing/saying. Who takes them seriously anyways? Certainly, not d President; Neida do I (God forbid bad tin). Do you by any chance do??

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 10:05am On Mar 21, 2013
omonnakoda: I think Tinubu is playing politics and that is why I remain suspicious of him.Any person who does not have blood on his hands does not need amnesty. Even if these people are granted amnesty then what?
The issue of Sharia,Islamization remains unresolved. Christians remain prohibited from worshipping in many parts of the North and Boko Haram has extended that.Does he believe these people are fighting for money like the Niger Delta militants? Can Nigeria compromise on their main Islamization demand? Will they. I think Tinubu does not understand the mindset of a suicide bomber. THey believe they have a grievance, they have foreign backers let us look at it from Boko Haram's perspective. Of what use is an amnesty without achieving the the more militant and domineering Islam in the North. I am sorry the issue this time is more than amnesty because many Northern leaders know this people and are shielding them either from feasr or tacit support. The issue at stake is whether we continue together, the Nature of the Nigeria we shall have and the role of religion in our nation. Too many have died,what do we tell their people. Even more alarming is the trend that seems to be developing that "militancy" pays dividends. It will be too much for many Nigerians to swallow if the FG starts paying Kabiru Sokoyo a monthly salary and Send him to Egypt for "rehabilitation training".
Even though I would be inclined to support APC on this issue alone I feel strongly enough to vote GEJ with ALL his incompetence.

You are right that too many have died, but if nothing is done more could die. FG today is using ONLY force and it seems this may not solve the problem and may in fact aggravate it. Amnesty does not mean that you will share money. Read Tinubu's statement again. Amnesty is a call to drop arms and be forgiven. Tinubu has differentiated between the different categories, which is really EXCELLENT. So far, FG treats 'BH' as one entity, which is not true. There are thousands in BH camps, who have not done violence, and who may become bomb-carriers tomorrow. Amnesty can find a way to lure and get these 'innocent' ones out of the camps. There are also criminals, wicked politicians and armed robbers who are disguising as BH. These ones should be punished. I think that step by Tinubu to differentiate is good, and shame on government that they have not done any such till now.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Goddex: 10:07am On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

My Man you can as well copy these courses and paste on President Jonathan. Tinubu is not holding any position of authority today and any statement from him is simply advisory. The bucks (of failure to contain BH) stop on President Jonathan's table.

Your post show emotion and intense hatred towards the North. I hope your pains are real like many other concerned Nigerians.
Contrary to your attempt to trivialise the level of damages inflicted by the ND militants verifiable records show their activities are just as deadly and destructive the BH's. I never supported paid-amnesty for ND militants and will never support paid-amnesty for BH. Amnesty means forgiveness for the sinners and must not necessarily come with financial gratification like the ND militants amnesty

Killing is killing no matter the motivation and style. I will treat a BH member the same way I will treat a MEND'.

Your Tinubu should stop playing politics with the bombings.
Talk is cheap! Just open that u**gly mouth to talk carelessly.

This is the the same man who as governor could not contain simple Agberos in Lagos.
In his 8yrs tenure Agberos ruled Lagos. All these politicians opening their dirty
mouths to talk are all clueless in security matters.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by eggheaders(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2013
9ja_i_hail2:

Now all of you support amnesty for BH just because Thienubu had said so? I thought we all was with GEJ for not giving amnesty to BH? What unfortunate thing to share a nation with cowards like you people.

hey dumbskull,how do you know my stance on this issue prior to tinubu statement.the coward tribe are the onces that smoke effiong and his rag tag army from the rat hole in ohafia and make your tin god flee to ivory coast dressed like nwanyi amaka I.e akinrinade,obasanjo,alabi ismah and adekunle.am also so sick sharing a nation with loud mouthed,empty Chest beaters.that can do anything for money including kidnapping,drug pushing and money rituals,drug conterfitting and of loads dubious things are normal to them as long as it has monetary benefits.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by coputa(m): 10:09am On Mar 21, 2013
I am not too surprised at Tinubu's outburst because the west is ever willing to act as pawns and stooges for the North.OBJ did it,he was used as a spoiler by the north but by the time he realized his mistates it was almost too late..Tinubu is now dancing naked in the market place to curry favour from the north.He should ask obasanjo.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by emron1(m): 10:10am On Mar 21, 2013
somebody should please tell me how amnesty has managed to solve the problems in the nigerdelta. This fool thiefnunbu is just playing to the gallery and seeking sympathy from the north. Else why would any right thinking man prescribe amnesty for a terrorist group. To think he is a product of the FREE EDUCATION.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 21, 2013
israel007: Oh I'm sacarstically shocked
you don't have to be shock in anyway, that is Nigeria politics for us. Tinubu is human, he is a nigeria. He is also influenced by the nigerian factor of "dance to the tune of my party" Its normal. Any bagger can change. Anyway i subcribe to the amnesty thing if it will bring about peace.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by omonnakoda: 10:13am On Mar 21, 2013
Dee60:

Is anyone still agitating for 'resource control' in Niger-Delta since the amnesty? Who really does not want to be educated? Sanusi, our current CBN Governor is from an islamic background, and is even an islamic scholar, yet he has all his degrees. FG has to find a way to reach out to the down-trodden in the north, who are so prone to joining BH. Of course, they have to work with the 'educated leaders' of the north who will act as models for change. Go to Saudi, Iran, UAE and see how islamists are embracing change. Government people should stop stealing money and start to mobilise funds for mass education of all Nigerians. That is the long term solution.

Dont be deceived. If that BH boy realizes he can sit in Abuja tomorrow as a Minister, he will drop the bomb and embrace the books. The Niger-Deltans embraced the money and other opportunities given them and dropped tons and tons of bombs. It can happen in the north as well.
This is not true always quite a few of those BH guys are graduates with Masters degrees from the UK.Did we not hear when they did a degree burning ceremony when many of them burnt their certificates en masse.It is a mistake to assume everyone will like the things you like. There is a fundamental teaching in Islam which even those who are not extremists hold and that is that(Dunya) life and the pleasures/beauty are illusory and ephemeral. It is hard to explain this to non-muslims and so many muslims can and are misguided into believing that the best death is that which comes when fighting "Allah's fight" as such a person is among the highest in Heaven. Of what value is your Minister job in Abuja to such a one. The difference is in the South we don't want to die and in the North most don't too but there are those who go out with the sole aim of dying and taking down many with them. The solution to that in my view would be to stop Islamic education for children or to supervise it very strictly. This is not likely to be accepted or even be practicable because where will the supervisors come from.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Gamji007: 10:15am On Mar 21, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Don't be deceived,, northerners get Federal government scholarship to study abroad that are unheard of in southern Nigeria. Most northerners studying abroad are on scholarship, don't fall for their poverty and lack of education scam. I had few Northern friends in college back then that never worked while attending college They benefit more from the system that any other ethnic group in Nigeria.

What kind of yeye liar are you? Why must you lie to prove your point?

Mtcheeew!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by PEREP: 10:17am On Mar 21, 2013
2iic: Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Thursday in Kano called for the granting of amnesty to Boko Haram militants, insisting that they are not ghosts as alleged by President Goodluck Jonathan.

Tinubu, the National Leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, who was in Kano to commiserate with the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, over the attack on him and his convoy recently, explained that the amnesty must be based on justice, particularly for those with no blood stains on their hands.

He however said those involved in criminal activities among them must be made to face justice.

He said, “For the innocent ones among them, there must be amnesty. We cannot fight a war in our own country against minor crimes and minor people. We would only end up multiplying these people by trying to use force against our own citizens.

“I therefore disagree with the President; they are not ghosts.

“Are those people in prison ghosts? If they are, why are prison officials looking after them? Are JTF operatives fighting ghosts, do they possess magic power to see ghosts?”

According to him, security challenges in the country could also be attributed to the duplication of ministries related to Police affairs, which he said, could render the Inspector General of Police, M.D. Abubakar, incapacitated in taking firm control of security in the country.

At the Emir’s palace, Tinubu condemned the attack on the royal father, describing it as unfortunate.

The Emir, thanked Tinubu for the visit, describing him as a visionary and purposeful leader in every aspect of life by showing good example to the ordinary people.

http://www.punchng.com/news/tinubu-backs-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

Tinubu needs to connect with the reality that foot soldiers is never the first target in a pardon case. If their Ogas like Shekau accept pardon, BH will be dead immediately. If some fot soldiers agree to a pardon, other foot soldiers who are not accepting the Amnesty will take them out in a matter of few weeks and fear will make some return.

The solution lies in cooperation of the Populace too sell them out and with intelligence gathering, they will feel unsecure among the pple and move to caves. Once they can move to caves, we can now apply the Operation blow their hideouts.

Kano, Borno, Yobe, Niger, Sokoto, Gombe, Adamawa, Bauchi and all these states should help with infos and I am sure the war is submountable. Remember, they boasted once that 'we live with the pple, they know us and they can not betray us because they know we are fighting a good cause'

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 10:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Dee60:

You are right that too many have died, but if nothing is done more could die. FG today is using ONLY force and it seems this may not solve the problem and may in fact aggravate it. Amnesty does not mean that you will share money. Read Tinubu's statement again. Amnesty is a call to drop arms and be forgiven. Tinubu has differentiated between the different categories, which is really EXCELLENT. So far, FG treats 'BH' as one entity, which is not true. There are thousands in BH camps, who have not done violence, and who may become bomb-carriers tomorrow. Amnesty can find a way to lure and get these 'innocent' ones out of the camps. There are also criminals, wicked politicians and armed robbers who are disguising as BH. These ones should be punished. I think that step by Tinubu to differentiate is good, and shame on government that they have not done any such till now.

You are talking like a 2 year old. Differentiate who from who? Innocent BH from criminal BH? You must be high on something. How can any BH be innocent? What on earth does that mean? How can a terrorist be innocent. Some of you dont just know where to draw the line between politics and patriotism. This desperate crave for power at the center is what might eventually destroy everything. Just keep at it and you might have what you wish for. Tinubu might end up as the president of south west Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by TechRev: 10:24am On Mar 21, 2013
Dee60:

Militants wanted resource control and they got amnesty in form of education and monthly payments and buy back for their arms. They got more money and resource than they had but less than the resource control they wanted.

Bokoharam wants islamisation and abolishing western education/influence so tell me how offering them education/money will make them lay down arms.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by PENMIGHT(m): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2013
eggheaders: jona is too dull to know that arms struggle alone can't defeat terrorism because it is an idealogy.you can defeat the terrorist but you can't defeat the terorrism mindsets.that why all might America will negotiate with Taliban in Qatar.but our gej is so dumb and thinks he knows all and has choose to turn a deaf ear to all voice of reasoning telling him to grant amnesty.anyway I pray he uses his dead brain cells before it is too late.
Brilliant. You made my day!
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Aksonman: 10:30am On Mar 21, 2013
[size=14pt]By now,it should be obvious to everyone the Bola Ahmed Tinubu killed Funsho Williams-the only christian that stood a good chance at being Lagos governor. Yorubas are in trouble. The entire Lagos political structure has been islamized and a lot of people don't even know it.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Iykopee(m): 10:34am On Mar 21, 2013
grant amnesty for what reason? If for frivolous reasons FG grants bokoharam amnesty, they shud be ready to grant massob, new generation militant, opc, mend, massop etc amnesty.... clueless Tinubu shud package his ass and move to his home town with immediate effect...GEJ is playing a smart card @ d expense of the people's lives to secure a 2nd term in office...odawise wat stops him from declaring those horrible zones in the north a state of immergency?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 10:35am On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

You are talking like a 2 year old. Differentiate who from who? Innocent BH from criminal BH? You must be high on something. How can any BH be innocent? What on earth does that mean? How can a terrorist be innocent. Some of you dont just know where to draw the line between politics and patriotism. This desperate crave for power at the center is what might eventually destroy everything. Just keep at it and you might have what you wish for. Tinubu might end up as the president of south west Nigeria!
I doubt if Republic of Odua will vote in Tinubu as their president. Awo loyalist don't like him and over OBJs dead body he will call him " your excellency". NURTW will have their own political party and they may likely have their own interest in the presidency. Aboki would like to interfere by imposing a Kwara born northerner too.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 10:35am On Mar 21, 2013
Goddex:

Your Tinubu should stop playing politics with the bombings.
Talk is cheap! Just open that u**gly mouth to talk carelessly.

This is the the same man who as governor could not contain simple Agberos in Lagos.
In his 8yrs tenure Agberos ruled Lagos. All these politicians opening their dirty
mouths to talk are all clueless in security matters.

Your Tinubu not my Tinubu. Unlike you, I dont shut my ears when people I dont really like are making points- I listen to them, think about what they have said then make my decision.

People have constitutional rights to talk as long as no laws have been violated. In fact we need all hands on deck (including Oppositions) to solve this BH menace. It is obvious the FG has run out of ideas and need help to solve this BH menace but unfortunately the FG is too untrustworthy for well-meaning people to work with easily.

Every time the incompetencies of President Jonathan are being discussed some of you always think you can shut people up by attacking ''messangers'' instead of discussing the ''message''. It is a dull strategy as many people here are very intelligent and will not just be cowed by rants from empty skulls.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2013
TechRev:

Militants wanted resource control and they got amnesty in form of education and monthly payments and buy back for their arms. They got more money and resource than they had but less than the resource control they wanted.

Bokoharam wants islamisation and abolishing western education/influence so tell me how offering them education/money will make them lay down arms.

Maybe he is saying that BH are hypocrites and liars who are saying one thing and hoping for another. So how are we supposed to believe cheats and liars if they say they will drop arms?
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2013
Instead of people reading through comments and making objective and constructive comments on NL, more than half of the time they throw punches and insult contributors. Shame!

Does anyone have an answer to BH? Speak up if you do, rather than abuse the ones who dare to speak. The north has like 13 million almajiris. They are potential BH bomb carriers. JTF is sometimes killing these almajiris and claiming they have killed BH sponsors. Is someone on NL suggesting JTF continues with the onslaught without differentiating who is who? Can you use force alone?

It is silly to always criticize other people's comments and even insulting them without you attempting to even proffer a solution.

If you think you have your solution to BH, please speak up. The body language in Aso Rock is saying this is a problem we have to live with (that is what I can read). But sorry, you cannot live with daily slaughtering of the country's citizens.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2013
Gamji007:

What kind of yeye liar are you? Why must you lie to prove your point?

Mtcheeew!
If I am lying, what are your brothers fighting for? Are they fighting for equality in education or jobs? I visited NNPC office in Abuja few months ago and it was as if I was in Hausa land.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by thelastPope(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2013
solopumpy227:

Your Tinubu not my Tinubu. Unlike you, I dont shut my ears when people I dont really like are making points- I listen to them, think about what they have said then make my decision.

People have constitutional rights to talk as long as no laws have been violated. In fact we need all hands on deck (including Oppositions) to solve this BH menace. It is obvious the FG has run out of ideas and need help to solve this BH menace but unfortunately the FG is too untrustworthy for well-meaning people to work with easily.

Every time the incompetencies of President Jonathan are being discussed some of you always think you can shut people up by attacking ''messangers'' instead of discussing the ''message''. It is a dull strategy as many people here are very intelligent and will not just be cowed by rants from empty skulls.

This post is not about the incompetence of GEJ, it is about the dumbness and hypocrisy of Tinubu. Open another thread if you want to have a different debate

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by geminickss: 10:43am On Mar 21, 2013
THIS TRAITOR CALLED TINUBU CAN OFFER THE LIVES OF HIS SOUTHERN COUNTERPARTS IN THE NAME OF POLITICS...No wonder his ACN members in the House conspired against a southern contender for the numba 4 position of this nation Nigeria , SO THOSE BOKO HARAM MEMBER STRATEGIZING ON HOW ATTACKS WILL BE CARRIED OUT AND THEIR FINANCIERS AND LEADERS ARE INNOCENT WHILE THE ERRAND BOYS WITH BLOOD STAINS ARE THE CULPRIT,,,ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MANY DEVILISH TRADE BY BATTER WEY THIS MAN AND HIS STOOGES DEY DO TO OUR DETRIMENT,,,HE lacks deep thought...............I wonder if he can define what amnesty means.........How do you seperate a man and his die-hard religion,,,,Killing innocent citizens, slaughtering people in their places of worship for a reason known to their big skull alone....Maybe its because Tinubu is not a christian sha....MIMIKO will be blushing at the stupidity of this so called Lagos Elder.. Since the Ondo State political events TINUBU'S foolishness has been crystal clear to those who cares to be thoughfull....

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by achi4u(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2013
bayooooooo: Smart talk: punish the criminals, pardon the innocent. Faultless.
Who among them is/are inoocent?

Ok we nown have 'innocent boko haram?'

SMH for this people.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2013
Akson man: [size=14pt]By now,it should be obvious to everyone the Bola Ahmed Tinubu killed Funsho Williams-the only christian that stood a good chance at being Lagos governor. Yorubas are in trouble. The entire Lagos political structure has been islamized and a lot of people don't even know it.[/size]

These are old strategies. Most Yoruba families have Christians and Moslems as siblings/spouses you cannot start rancour among them with religion.

Lagos is a cosmopiltan state with most inhabitants lettered. I can assure you that if in 2015 the best Gov candidate still happens to be a Moslem they will vote him/her again.

You cannot force your religiuos beliefs on others.
Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by iykak47: 10:47am On Mar 21, 2013
TechRev:

So how does demand for justice equate to mass murder of christians at their churches over and over again?? Now you murder them at the motor parks too. How does that equate to demand for justice??
Good questions

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Dee60: 10:51am On Mar 21, 2013
What is BH? Start from there.

1. Criminals from Sudan = FG has left our borders loose for so many years. Nigeria is the only country that keeps saying we cannot police our borders. FG, do something quick about the borders and use FORCE to push the criminals back.

2. Followers of the Yousef who was killed by the Police = FG needs to find out how to curtail their actions.

3. Armed Robbers = robbing banks and markets, pretending to be BH. Use FORCE

4. Teeming millions in the north, all young, robbed by governments under a feudal system. Call them almajiris or whatever. It is so easy to give them peanuts on one hand and explosive on the other. FG, working with the northern leaders of goodwill must save this 'innocent' millions, by offering them something that can motivate them to live, instead of dying for peanuts. If you dont, BH will continue to lure them and use them.

5. Deadly sects that are coming from other places where America is giving them tough times, and coming to take advantage of our very unserious approach to dealing with the problem. It is the duty of FG to find how to make the north unsafe for this foreign backed insurgency.

You need to differentiate at this point and use different methods for different problems. There is no single shoe size that fits all.

Doing nothing other than 'condemning the acts' does not solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Backs Amnesty For Boko Haram by Aksonman: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2013
[size=13pt]Let all Nigerians know this:

The true intention of Boko Haram and their core Northern sponsors is to bring GEJ to the negotiating table where he agrees to drop his second term ambition and a Northern muslim takes over in 2015. Full stop.

Unfortunately,GEJ (through Obj) have realized that the existence of Boko Haram in the North is a blessing in disguise for his political ambitions.As the North remains divided- The Christian Northerners who constitute over 40% of the North's population will never vote for a core Northern muslim. In 2015,if GEJ gets block votes from the Christian middle-belt,South east,South-south and parts of the South-west,he wins.

The international powers led by the US and UK want Northerners to lead Nigeria because they see them as loyal while the more educated South are stubborn. The Petroleum Industry Bill and Local content law being pushed by Southern Nigeria is one of the numerous reasons they want a reversal of Nigeria's power structure in favour of the core North.

But the truth is that as it is now,the core North is suicidal,thanks to their leaders who just cannot mobilize majority of their citizens into embracing education and modernity.

God help us.[/size]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Protest In London "Buhari Stop The Bloodshed In Rivers State" / Panic In Anambra Assembly As DSS Operatives Try To Whisk Away Member-elect / Breaking News:shots Fired Near Abuja US Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.