Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Open Letter To Seun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To Seun (962 Views)

To Seun / Open Letter Of Complaint To Seun Osewa / Kudos To Seun Osewa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 7:29am On Mar 21, 2013
Re: Open Letter To Seun by israel007: 7:57am On Mar 21, 2013
I'd go with you on that the front page thing. Sometimes the things that the MODs move to front page are so wrong that you can't help but wonder what it's doing on. The front page. A very good example is a picture of some lady by Nadia Buari. The OP was: 'she's getting beautiful by the day...' So bleeeeeeeeeping what is it doing on the front page. Or tonto dike is coughing with a blue handkerchief over her mouth, tonto dike just bought a new shoe it's oversized and she's returning it, tonto can't find her car key and she flashing it to ring. The list goes on! Sometimes I read somethings that are very interesting but they never make FP.

The front page of NL is where we're suppose to visit and be excited because of some educating and entertaining. You hardly see jokes on the FP. I agree that you hardly see funny jokes in that section but when they appear, it's only fair to post on FP.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2013
When money, in order words traffic, is in play, all these thing come to naught sad
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 21, 2013
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1al3uw/iama_25year_old_nigerian_doctor_who_is_fed_up/
This guy is an a!ss though. Wdf! angry angry
Why the hell does reddit give everyone the licence to AMA?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2013
Sometimes, I do have the feeling that most Nigerians don't actually know enough about Nigeria itself. Am often left wondering about this.
There's a dearth of knowledge about Nigeria and Nigerians in Nigeria!
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 21, 2013
Emusan: I believe you are more mature than 1st to comment...

Apparently I am not; that is why I wrote it. grin grin grin
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 8:51am On Mar 21, 2013
sauer: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1al3uw/iama_25year_old_nigerian_doctor_who_is_fed_up/
This guy is an a!ss though. Wdf! angry angry
Why the hell does reddit give everyone the licence to AMA?
Excuse me?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 21, 2013
I know that was you. You sucked big deal angry
Concern does not translate to knowledge
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 9:21am On Mar 21, 2013
Let's take an example. How many Nigerians now know the correct NSCDC website? Not very many I bet.
You don't educate a man by telling him he's ignorant. You teach him.
I admit I didn't do the best of AMAs, and thankfully there were a few Nigerians there to help out, but we won't know anything if we can't access information about it.
NL frontpage is a good place to start educating Nigerians about the positives.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Really, same way CNN is not going to sacrifice its prestige for a PR job; same way Reddit is not going to sacrifice its prestige for a PR job, NL is not going to do the work of Nigeria's government.
I think it's pretty easy to admit Seun is never going to do this. Come on! News is real and admittedly too.
As a country, we must first own up to our failings, admit it to the world and then proceed to clearing same through proper, dedicated actions. No one is going to take you seriously when all they hear about the country is bad news and you want to relish them with isolated pockets of good ones. Let those good ones make news first! angry
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2013
What's one to say about the recent pardon granted former Bayelsa governor?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 21, 2013
I did take some time to go through your reddit AMA. Most of them could quite easily tell your objective, however oblivious that is to you: it was more to get your voice out there than to quell any misconceptions. If anything, you reinforced these misconceptions.
I appreciate the concern you showed. It was very evident. But sadly, as I mentioned earlier, concern doesn't necessarily translate to knowledge.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 10:25am On Mar 21, 2013
But hoow does one respond to comments like these?
A doctor in Nigeria? You are either a
white European from a Christian mission
or a just local medicine man (a.k.a. witch
doctor). Am I right? Do cooking and
eating albino Africans really help
improve the immunity system?
is it true people use baboons as security
dogs? and if so do you have one?
Do you know any Nigerian princes
willing to give me money as long I as I
provide my ID, credit cards, and account
numbers?
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 10:41am On Mar 21, 2013
What about these?
Why did my friend have to flee his
country for fear of being killed because
he's gay? Is this a misconception?
What about police brutality, this is a
huge issue in Nigeria, that are many
examples of this on Youtube, for
example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOkMzFg7S3Q In addition to this the police are poorly
trained and equipped, what about the
deplorable state of the "premier" Nigeria
police training college at Ikeja, is it any
wonder that the police are brutal &
corrupt?
I have lived / worked / traveled
through East Asia. It, surprisingly, has a
significant Nigerian population. And
they are well known sex-traffickers,
scammers, and thugs.
Why are all your taxi drivers insane?
Especially in Lagos? And do they still all drive Peugeots?

I was even accused of positive bias
You are really good at never giving
answers that might make Nigeria look
bad
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 21, 2013
I won't go about judging your replies on the AMA, but of course, Reddit like any other forum has its own share of unruly, annoying trolls. You shoulda known that before going there. IMO, response to such questions will just point them to their own stupidity. Every country has got despicable humans and Nigeria is no exception.
Answers to these questions are obvious. You could have just told the truth in the cases where you had to, and pointed out the blatant lies where you must.
You did a good job, but AAAristarchus, in your AMA, did much better. The Nigerian government is simply insupportable.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 21, 2013
The police in Sapele, yesterday, saved an hermaphrodite who is partly man and partly woman, from being lynched by a mob, when the figure suddenly showed up along New Ogorode road, by Total Filling Station, in Sapele.

An eye witness said the incident led to traffic jam along Sapele/Warri ever busy expressway and the New Ogorode road as commuters and drivers stopped to catch a glimpse.

When Vanguard visited the scene, the fellow was completely Unclad, with hair covering most part of the body and a mustached face like a man but with a pair of big size bosoms dangling on the chest as well as female and male private parts side by side in the pubic area.

Shortly the crowd began to swell as more people trooped in to catch a glimpse until some attempted to lynch the fellow but for the timely intervention of the police who arrived the scene and whisked the fellow away in a police car.

At the Sapele Police Area Office where the fellow was taken, he identified himself as Pastor Henry Enuta but refused to disclose his mission nor why he was Unclad. All efforts to get words from him by newsmen failed as the fellow only occasionally shook his head regretably.

The DPO of the Sapele Police Station, CSP Kenneth Akubue confirmed the rescue of the fellow.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/hermaphrodite-causes-stir-in-sapele/
These are some of the reasons some so-called misconceptions about Nigeria are actually true. Ignorance is the cause.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2013
True. Thank you.
Re: Open Letter To Seun by Zazu04: 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2013

(1) (Reply)

The Best Yoruba Actor/comedian To Ever Be Is? / How Yoruba Leaders Scuttled Awolowo’s Presidential Ambition – Ikokwu / THE BRO CODE * The Code Is The Law*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.