Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele (26372 Views)

Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. / Kpomo Sellers Arrested In Sapele For Using Embalming Fluid To Fatten Kpomo / Causes Of Waist Pain In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
Does it mean the guy appeared unclad I never read where he was stripped by the mob.

Why dem no go gather to look nah? Is this a terminator movie where Schwarzenggar falls na.ked from MARS
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by rubion: 3:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
quest003:
read d content not the headline before you make ur view public, didnt u read d part he was said to have gone unclad. I'm not justifying d act though, just to let you d reason he was lynched

I'm assuming the lynch mob undressed him.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by PENMIGHT(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hermaphrodite. I don't know why this name keeps reminding me of Biology class of those days. The "Amoeba","Spirogyra", Clamodomonas" "Paramizium" --(forgive my spellings,its been long we left school). And the Assexual and Se-x-ual reproduction things. I guess not all of these animals belong to the hermaphrodite group. Any recent school -leaver here! Does the usage of the word' hermaphrodite' re-ignite that memories too?
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by AnanseK(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ganjafama: you must be an i.diot for using the words "sapele savages". Are you a learner?

Okay I am sorry. Sapele Animals. cheesy. Are you a teacher?
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by AVWENAGHA: 4:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Gene mutation. . .why are they trying to kill him/her ?

i tire ooo
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
I'm sure that most of you that are saying Nigeria is a backward and an ignorant nation were all raised in Nigeria by the same backward parents. It's only on an online forum will a Nigerian suddenly becomes the most enlightened and start bashing others. We're all accomplice to that behavior and not the mob exhibiting it.

I wonder who are the ignorant ones doing those things if all of us here on NL start to act enlightened, just another thread full of hypocrites.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by damas11111(m): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
T-john:
The police in Sapele, yesterday, saved an hermaphrodite who is partly man and partly woman, from being lynched by a mob, when the figure suddenly showed up along New Ogorode road, by Total Filling Station, in Sapele.

An eye witness said the incident led to traffic jam along Sapele/Warri ever busy expressway and the New Ogorode road as commuters and drivers stopped to catch a glimpse.

When Vanguard visited the scene, the fellow was completely naked, with hair covering most part of the body and a mustached face like a man but with a pair of big size breasts dangling on the chest as well as female and male private parts side by side in the pubic area.

Shortly the crowd began to swell as more people trooped in to catch a glimpse until some attempted to lynch the fellow but for the timely intervention of the police who arrived the scene and whisked the fellow away in a police car.

At the Sapele Police Area Office where the fellow was taken, he identified himself as Pastor Henry Enuta but refused to disclose his mission nor why he was naked. All efforts to get words from him by newsmen failed as the fellow only occasionally shook his head regretably.

The DPO of the Sapele Police Station, CSP Kenneth Akubue confirmed the rescue of the fellow
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/hermaphrodite-causes-stir-in-sapele/

How many words make up this article that the "fellow" who produced it had to use "fellow" 6 times? Lazy journalism!

1 Like

Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Vansnickers: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
grandstar: Ignorance is wicked and evil.

Because someone is different does not give others to right to lynch! angry embarassed

It is saddening. cry

My heart reaches out to the person. May we all be like God who makes the sun rise on good people and bad and makes the rain fall on good people and those who are not good

It's simply illiteracy, my friend.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by eastOFwest(m): 8:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
I no trust naija police. They are very randy guys and can "nack" anything.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by nelxsantos(m): 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
T-john:
The police in Sapele, yesterday, saved an hermaphrodite who is partly man and partly woman, from being lynched by a mob, when the figure suddenly showed up along New Ogorode road, by Total Filling Station, in Sapele.

An eye witness said the incident led to traffic jam along Sapele/Warri ever busy expressway and the New Ogorode road as commuters and drivers stopped to catch a glimpse.

When Vanguard visited the scene, the fellow was completely naked, with hair covering most part of the body and a mustached face like a man but with a pair of big size breasts dangling on the chest as well as female and male private parts side by side in the pubic area.

Shortly the crowd began to swell as more people trooped in to catch a glimpse until some attempted to lynch the fellow but for the timely intervention of the police who arrived the scene and whisked the fellow away in a police car.

At the Sapele Police Area Office where the fellow was taken, he identified himself as Pastor Henry Enuta but refused to disclose his mission nor why he was naked. All efforts to get words from him by newsmen failed as the fellow only occasionally shook his head regretably.

The DPO of the Sapele Police Station, CSP Kenneth Akubue confirmed the rescue of the fellow.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/hermaphrodite-causes-stir-in-sapele/
pixs pls o ooooooo
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by touchmeder: 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Lynch him/she for what? Did he/she create himself/herself? I am more concerned as to why the individual was naked in the first place. Is it a mental issue, frustration or was he/she stripped nude? If this individual was smartly dressed and minding his/her business at least he wont draw the unwanted attention.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by dominique(f): 10:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Hermaphrodite. I don't know why this name keeps reminding me of Biology class of those days. The "Amoeba","Spirogyra", Clamodomonas" "Paramizium" --(forgive my spellings,its been long we left school). And the Assexual and Se-x-ual reproduction things. I guess not all of these animals belong to the hermaphrodite group. Any recent school -leaver here! Does the usage of the word' hermaphrodite' re-ignite that memories too?

I don't think we did much about hermaphrodite in basic o level biology, don't know why its re-igniting your memory
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Policewoman(f): 11:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Na wah for Nigerians.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by redsun(m): 12:54am On Mar 22, 2013
Primitive animals that sees nature in one form and shape. That is evolution has left them behind.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by linearity: 1:29am On Mar 22, 2013
deols: This report get as e be o.

How did they know (s)he was hermaphrodite in d first place? to warrant stripping?

Argh! I feel for that person o. What nonsense.

"...a mustached face like a man but with a pair of big size bosoms dangling on the ches..."

A mustached face and a bossom is a dead give away,
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by PENMIGHT(m): 9:00am On Mar 22, 2013
dominique:

I don't think we did much about hermaphrodite in basic o level biology, don't know why its re-igniting your memory
Do you still have your 'modern biology' textbook? Ofcourse, u must be taught about hermaphrodite at O'level otherwise I will have to ask you what your grade was in SSCE. Or was it NECO u wrote?
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Vires: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2013
EVEN IF HE WAS NAKED NKO!!!!!

In a civilised clime, the first set of ppl who saw him would have tried to get him/her clad, seek the nearest police or authority to get him/her
rehabilitated

In Nigeria, the first set of ppl would draw the attention of hundred other ppl to stare, condemn and eventually ROAST him/her alive

What a country ?
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by kandiikane(m): 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
Okija_juju: And they wanted to kill him.. angry

Why not kill God that made the mistake of putting male & female organs inside one human?! angry

Now if this guyhad mostly male physical features, but female inners and leaned towards being a homosexual, a person somewhere will lock him up for 14 years for something that he had no control over.

This is that point were we really need to examine ourselves in this country.. angry

I hail thee!
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by BUSHMAN1: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked what is wrong with this people called naijarians why lynch some body because the different, they might aswell lynch disable people like deaf and dumb people, people with one arm or leg, blind people, people with big heads,people with big breast or people with big bottom and ETC..its shocking!
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by naptu2: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
I just saw the picture. Facially and stature wise he looks like a man, but he's got boobs. He has shorts or trousers on, but he is topless. He is seated on the ground with a crowd gathered round him.

He's got his finger in his mouth and he looks shocked, confused and bewildered.

I would love to post the picture, but it might contravene nairaland rules (he is topless).
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by linearity: 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
Some people wicked oh! How can you call a human being an hermaphrodite?

Human beings are incapable of been hermaphrodites. It is possible in some lower organisms like some species of snails, fishes, etc.

Hermaphrodite means, the ability to act as fully female and fully male. Being a male does not stop at having some organs dangling between your legs nor does been a female stops at having a full grown bossom.

There is more to being a female or male genetically, biologically and physiologically than some physical anatomy that are hormonally driven and controlled.

Yes, someone can be born with both male and female attributed physical anatomies, some can even be born with double anatomy of the same kind, but they only identify with one sex. The sex they identify with might not line up with the physical anatomy but it does not make them any less human than the rest of us.

These are human beings created by the same God, the only difference is that, they have some birth deformities that prevent who they are physiologically to line up with their physical anatomies.

It is no different than being born with a physical deformities like six fingers or joined twins or a left handed person or someone that stammers. We are quick to identify and empathize with people with physical deformities, because we can see and feel the deformity and quick to judges and condemns those with physiological deformity because we cannot see or feel what they are going through or what they are....whereas, God created both; love both and sends Jesus to come and die for all including them.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by naptu2: 5:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
linearity: Some people wicked oh! How can you call a human an hermaphrodite?

Human beings are incapable of been hermaphrodites. It is possible in some lower organisms like some species of snails, fishes, etc.

Hermaphrodite means, the ability to act as fully female or fully male. Being a male does not stop at having some organs dangling between your legs nor does been a female stops at having a full grown bossom.

There is more to being a female or male genetically, biologically and physiologically than some physical anatomy that are hormonally driven and controlled.

That's why they are called intersex
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by linearity: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2013
naptu2:

That's why they are called intersex

Intersex is an attempt to correct a wrong perception but it is still a mis-normal.

Our geni-tals does not always defines our sex or sexuality. 'Intergenitals' is a more correct reference than "intersex" because most people in this category identify with only one sex despite multiple geni-tals.
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Papilon99: 6:52am On Jun 10, 2018
Please can you connect me with James Johnson/ Iyabo A bade.I wish to offer some assistance. My number is 09077823186. Thanks
Re: Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 29, 2020
This always scares me. Its a pity people don't understand us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Face Masks Have You Bought? / Tingling/Burning Sensation On My Pubic Area / Vet Doctor Warns People Against Use Of Rat Poisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.