Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,427 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning (11081 Views)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano On Fire / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Igbo Group Declares 7-day-Mourning For Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by wahihi(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
May God grant the family of the dead the heart to bear the lost,
R.I.P to the dead ones.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by djon78(m): 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You're right. I have posted on numerous occasions the need for the economic revival of the south east to be private driven; led by our high networth sons and daughters in partnership with the 5 south east governors. Our major problem as you've noted is lack of a centralized and focused leadership to co-ordinate and lead this initiative. You see 'republicanism' can either be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

We don't seem to realize just how critical things are, and we're acting like we can afford to procrastinate and drag our feet while our people are being slaughtered in the north and our region is yet to reach its full potential. Right now the Igbo 'leaders' we have, the likes of the governors, members of the national assembly, ministers, businessmen and industrialists, chiefs,.....all these are more interested in their pockets and maintaining the status quo for selfish reasons; for them 'Nigeria' seems to be more important than Igboland and its peoples welfare.

My brother honestly poor leadership has put us where we are today. Do you know that if an economic plan is put in place for the development of south east that Igbo diasporans alone can fund it. The Igbos alone in north America and Europe alone can comfortably contribute a big stake in this development plan because the economic potental of this group is big.

Look around Africa tell me one black nation that can be said to be economically strong? none, or is it Nigeria that is still sleeping and wasting away resources, if we Igbos focus on our region to develop it economic wise, I can assure you that with time we will be economic giant of sub saharan Africa. We must begin to focus on quality education, on science and technology because this will be the foundaton to build on, we must forget about oil or all other resources but focus on production/massive industrialisation. Countries of Asian tigers like Japan, south korea, singapore, tawiwan, china, malaysia etc all became economic giant not by natural resources but by putting their brain and energy to work and develop their place, so let's copy from these nations.

And I will advise most Igbo youths on this forum to find ways which we can add our contribution to the development of our homeland, we can criticise but if we fail to add our contribution, then we have failed woefully, ask yourself what can I do to make a difference, if we fold our hands and do nothing, it is our own children that will suffer it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by nedu666: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
WHO SAYS THE EAST CANT CONTAIN IBOS IS TELLING A BIG FAT LIE IN AGBADA. IF LAGOS THE SMALLEST STATE CONTAINS OVER 19MILLION, HOW CAN THE 5 EASTERN STATE OF 27,000sq/km not contain igbo. secondly people say what will they do, well those residing there what are they doing? if igbos go back then economic activities will increase afterall is it not population that makes lagos a large market.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by nedu666: 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
jentlsoul: we will not go back to east to go and what? I was born here in north and have right to stay and do my business

the ibos who have died in past riots must have thought so until it was too late. l hope you dont suffer same
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by nedu666: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
panaso: If the come back where will they start, for their survivor? Wat job, capital

WAT JOB, WAT CAPITAL? WHEN THEY LEFT FOR THE NORH WHAT JOB WAS WAITING FOR THEM, DID THEY NOT START WITH THE LITTLE CAPITAL THEY HAD, IF AFTER STAYING ALL THIS WHILE UP NORTH AND THEY HAVE NO CAPITAL TO START UP IN THE EAST, THEN THEY HAVE FAILED, AND I MEAN FAILED WOEFULLY. IBO EWU.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Jimmyblaze(m): 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
Almighty God save us 4rum de hands of de EVIL 1nce, NDI IGBO GAWA OOO SU" SOR....
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Saraben(f): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
if u guys think relocating is easy,,get a house 4 dem nd dey wil relocate..simple
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by alexis(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
Kx: Stop mourning .

Pack you bags and relocate to the east.

Should all Northerners pack their bags and relocate to the north as well?
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by alexis(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Mization: Later, some Ibo boys will come to Nairaland and call d Yorubas cowards..This post has let us all know that d real cowards are Ur Ogas @ d top.

Totally off subject, Igbos are mourning for their dead and the last time I checked, they are Nigerians just like you. But you somehow have to make it a Yoruba and Igbo matter. Grow up!

Violence is not a monopoly for any region or group of people in Nigeria. It is just as simple as killing Northerners in Imo state and your answer will be for the Northerners to go to the north.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by JayTeeA(f): 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abeg u people shud take it easy na.. Haba.. U'r sayin dey shud leave d north nd go wer?.. There r ppl wit their whole life investment der.. There children r almst in final yr. . Wer do u want dem 2go nd stat frm?..
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by JayTeeA(f): 7:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
Abi o.. Tel dem..

Saraben: if u guys think relocating is easy,,get a house 4 dem nd dey wil relocate..simple
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by onyekabe(m): 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
They is no igbo mann left in the north, only goats and other animal waiting to be slaughtered are left in the north.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by callmebettyetta: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
Pls Igbo that are till living in northern nigerian should pls come back home. Let the boko boyz be killing theirselves
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Ivynwa(f): 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
What 3-days mourning are they still sitting there and doing? It should be 3-days exodus from the North.

I didn't find that bomb blast funny at all, Imagine the intensity of their passion for us southerners that made them bomb the Igbos in vehicles headed to south East and they want us to smile in the faces of everybody in this country.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by steffans(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
Kx: Stop mourning .

Pack you bags and relocate to the east.

Have u heard d Agony of dos dat relocated a year ago
Its nt a lovely site!!!!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by missyoby: 9:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
Amen
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by ZeusI: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
It's about time Igbos started stinging their prime enemies under the pretext of Boko Haram assassination, Ohanezendiigbo, MASSOB and Ihejirika should take note. The Islamic cleric, Sheik Gumi shoud be the top priority. We shall remain one Nigeria till our plan are attained, North must remain ruined to keep their wealth(Federal Allocation) perpetually in our grip(the best time to amass wealth is when the gutters are filled with blood). Let chaos reign while we have their people in the Armed Forces, and Important political offices removed, and push their few wealthy industrialists to the southern states, where the greater percentage of the workers will be our people, while their people will have all their sweat flowing into our pockets. Wealth is hidden in thorn bushes, only the brave hearted; the patient; and the shrewd strategist will possess it. Call Igbos what you like, and know that your next generation will, for certain, be their slave, that is called: 'The Way Of The Jews'.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by mensdept: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wasn't it 3 months ago we were talking about this same bull. Igbo folks in the north again.

If they want to stay there and die, then OYO!

They should have read some history and see that on average, Igbo and Christians are attacked in large number at least a minimum of 10 times a year.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Slizbeat(m): 11:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
Indeed it takes a brave mind to remain in the north but everything has its elastic minute. We Igbos are taking this "one Nigeria" stuff too far. We forget about Biafra or even Southern Nigeria to say the least and keep thinking one Nigeria when we see and know that every Region keep telling us "go back to your land" after all we have set up. The word alone shows that we are never ONE and can never be.

R.I.P to the dead. But lemme be quick to state, "Ndigbo biko rapunu Ugu-hausa", no matter how hard it would be, try to leave. I have left after the 1st bomb and now am getting back on my feet gradually through God that strengthens me.

1 Like

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by ETOBY72: 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
RUBBISH.....STAKING LIFE FOR MONEY. ANY IGBO MAN STILL IN THE NORTH IS A FOOL..A BIG ONE @ THAT
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Chidoxyl(m): 12:14am On Mar 22, 2013
One tin is sure: d wicked will not go unpunished by d Almighty God.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Juan65: 2:46am On Mar 22, 2013
bbpreye.:
So?
. bbpreye what are you doing in this site? Is your mama aware of your presence here, my friend go and read for your junior waec coming up soon,don't you know that this site is not for under 12yrs, see your mouth ---SO--- that's all you learnt in school,----MUMU
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Juan65: 3:17am On Mar 22, 2013
nedu666: WHO SAYS THE EAST CANT CONTAIN IBOS IS TELLING A BIG FAT LIE IN AGBADA. IF LAGOS THE SMALLEST STATE CONTAINS OVER 19MILLION, HOW CAN THE 5 EASTERN STATE OF 27,000sq/km not contain igbo. secondly people say what will they do, well those residing there what are they doing? if igbos go back then economic activities will increase afterall is it not population that makes lagos a large market.
my brother I support you, you see our people are misleading themselves by that notion, that Igbo land cannot contain us, who said so? or that if we come back we will start killing ourselves,you see our people out of ignorance will open mouth and speak all sorts of things that will always discourage our people from progression .
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by pazienza(m): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2013
djon78: I keep on saying it we have no leaders in the south east, if we had, they should have made conscious effort to see that majority of our people up north relocate home.

Those saying where they should go, it is home of course. What is the population of Igbos that South east can't contain them. Lagos has small land mass but contains the highest population for a state, the land mass of east is 20 times or even more than Lagos, so there is no reason the east will not the entire Igbo population.

Our problem is more of leadership problem, there is the need for a new breed of visionary leaders to emerge from the east, all these other guys: obi, ekwueme, chime, orji, rochas, nnamani, anyim etc have failed we Igbos. We need visionary leaders that will bring out an exhaustive economc plan for the east, plan that will focus on industrialisation, infrastructure development to transform the east and attract our people back home and discourage going to the other regions.
Developing new cities in the east with collaboration with diaspora Igbos, new cities can be built in: Nsukka/Abakalki axis, ugwuoba/Awka axis, umuahia/okigwe/Awgu axis. All these axis I mentioned have huge land mass to develop new cities, we need to start working out these things, to make our home better.

Thank heavens! Another igboman who understands is here. Chukwu gozie gi.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by frier: 7:31am On Mar 22, 2013
Juan65: my brother I support you, you see our people are misleading themselves by that notion, that Igbo land cannot contain us, who said so? or that if we come back we will start killing ourselves,you see our people out of ignorance will open mouth and speak all sorts of things that will always discourage our people from progression .

90% of Muslims are bokoharam. Make una prepare for more bombs as una no fit plan una own! Dey there de wait for FG. FG no get the intelligence for bokoharam, Bkh Na bomb and suicide missions, and their supplies are coming from Pakistan and they won't stop bringing in bombs until around 2025. Their reasons for attacking keep changing so stop defining them, concentrate on their supplies and the porous borders. Also they want to islamise the entire Nigeria even if the ibos leave north, it will only strengthen them to attack further!

Buhari, and 90% of the prominent politicians are backing them up! We just talk too much!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by dragunov: 7:38am On Mar 23, 2013
Yeeyo: Vengers iz my says d lord.
WTF!! Dude did you go to school?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Akpabio Sends Akwa Ibomites Into Wild Jubilation Over Victory At Tribuna / BREAKING!!!! Nmandi Kanu Releases Pictures Of Ipob Special Scorpion Squad. / APC Governors In Late Night Meeting Over National Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.