Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,547 members, 7,801,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning (11075 Views)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano On Fire / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Igbo Group Declares 7-day-Mourning For Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Tolexander: 10:27am On Mar 21, 2013
KANO — The Igbo community in Kano, Wednesday, commenced a three day mourning over last Monday’s bomb attack at Sabon Gari bus Park which claimed more than 70 lives who were mostly people from the Southern part of the country.

Chairman of Ohaneze in Kano, Mr. Tobias Idika who announced the three day mourning said during the period, all Igbos are expected to remain at home while they will also fast and offer special prayers to avert future occurrence of the ugly incident.

The three day mourning which commenced yesterday was complied with as schools, shops were closed in the Sabon Gari area of the city. Commercial activities were completely paralysed as all the Igbos did not open their shops while security was also beefed up.

According to Idika, “what happened was a calamity and we must fast and pray to God that such a thing will not happen again.”

Mr. Idika also explained that the Igbo community was opposed to the plans by the state government to conduct a mass burial for the victims of the blast. The state government had argued that some of the victims were burnt completely beyond recognition as their relations could not identify them.

Meanwhile, Ndigbo have been advised against avenging the terrorist attack. Making the plea yesterday, the Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) in a statement by its President, Evang Elliot Uko said any form of retaliation would aid the terrorists in achieving their goal of setting Nigeria on fire.

His words: “It has become necessary for the Igbo Youth Movement to sound a note of warning to individuals and groups who are planning demonstrations and rallies of any kind against the Kano bus station bomb blasts, to sheathe their swords immediately.

“These planned protest march could get out of hand. Properties could be damaged and lives lost. We do not reply to the Kano bloodshed with more bloodshed. Painful and regrettable as the bombings were, we call on Ndigbo all over Nigeria to show restraint and maturity at this time.

“Doing otherwise will amount to eventually achieving the aim of the anarchists who bombed those buses. Their agenda is to deliberately provoke Ndigbo to revenge and kick-off mayhem that would lead to an uncontrollable conflagration. Do we play into their hands? Who benefits if Nigeria is set on fire. We plead with all aggrieved Ndigbo to remain calm and cautious.”

Uko urged the federal and state governments as well as Luxury bus unions nationwide to network and deploy bomb detectors to all bus stations across the country to safeguard lives of passengers and commuters.

“We assure Nigerians and the international community that Ndigbo will not go to war neither will our people descend upon innocent northerners in our midst. It is not in our nature. Boko Harm will be defeated. We will overcome,” the statement added.

Also, the Aka Ikenga, the Igbo intellectual think-thank described the incident as a senseless and barbaric massacre of innocent people and called on well-meaning people to condemn the attack.

Aka-Ikenga President, Chief Goody Uwazuruike said: “We call on all men and women of goodwill to rise up and condemn this horrendous crime. It should be noted that the only tonic evil needs to grow is for leaders of any type to sit on the fence. History or posterity will never forgive any one who chose to remain silent in the face of evil. Those in authority should rise up in defence of our right to life and freedom of movement and religion. Only a man who has never tasted war hungers for it. Do not forget that insecurity is an evil wind that blows no one any good. Go to Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria and see what has become of them.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/bomb-blast-igbo-in-kano-on-3-day-mourning/

2 Likes

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Bholar18: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2013
Hmmmmmnnn.....
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by gbanikiti(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2013
na wa o!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Dreal1247: 11:07am On Mar 21, 2013
Boko boys have lost properties, personnels and weapons. They ar fighting a lost battle. I love what thir people said. Bh and their cohorts will b disgraced 2gether with their sponsors.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by tinuolababy(f): 11:17am On Mar 21, 2013
O GA O. rip to the dead
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 21, 2013
So?
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by emilyone(f): 11:22am On Mar 21, 2013
are there still Igbos living in kano? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Temismith(f): 11:27am On Mar 21, 2013
May God help y'all
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Kx: 11:29am On Mar 21, 2013
Stop mourning .

Pack you bags and relocate to the east.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 21, 2013
I totally condem the kano bomb blast.May the soul of all faithful departed through the mercy of God rest peace amen.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by jutino(f): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2013
bbpreye.:

So?
are u sure u are alrite dat u have to qoute d whole post to type SO may God have mercy on u,wht happend might happen to anyone even u next time if u don't have anytin to comment pls just read and waka pass to d next topic.

7 Likes

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by profola2be(m): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2013
Okay oooo,just keep mourning and don't think of how to move out of that God forsaken Land!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by ubest1(m): 11:37am On Mar 21, 2013
watin these igbo people stil dey north do, na wa boys like moni pass life, they is a said that if a visitor is nt welcome u leave bt in this case igbo refuse to leave.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by nedu666: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2013
OMO SEE FOOLISHNESS, INFACT FOOLISHNESS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, WHY SHOULD THEY CLOSE SHOP AND MOURN INSTEAD OF PACKING THEIR BAGS DOWN TO THE EAST. ABI THE MOURNING THEY HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE 1966 IS NOT ENOUGH. I SWEAR SOME IBOS ARE WORSE THAN MALU. NEXT THING U WILL SEE SOME IDIOTIC RED CAP CHIEFS PAYING SOLIDARITY VISIT TO THE GOVERNOR ON DEATH OF THEIR OWN PEOPLE. IBOS EWU, NAMA, ATULU WHEN WILL YOU IDIOTS LEARN.

1 Like

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by theripper: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2013
RIP to the dead.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by DeCleff(m): 11:42am On Mar 21, 2013
Imagine a goat entering the tiger's cage saying it won't hurt me cos we are both animals and when the tiger kills the goat, other goats will mourn but yet refused leaveing the tiger's territory and waiting until the tiger kills them all.

Igbos should leave the north for good and forget the one Nigeria mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 21, 2013
Ndi ala.....don't pack ur load nd get out of dat land,Kano is safe yea nd now they've told u it isnt safe.
U'll remain adamant till anoda attack though i dnt pray for it but go back to ur state ooo.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Sweetapple007(f): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2013
Living in a lion den ad u expect God to come down ad safe u, while u re not tied to the place u re free to go, why callg God when u knw what to do.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by slimming: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2013
I will rather vacate
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Mization(m): 11:48am On Mar 21, 2013
Later, some Ibo boys will come to Nairaland and call d Yorubas cowards..This post has let us all know that d real cowards are Ur Ogas @ d top.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by 4kmukina: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2013
RIP to d dead. One day monkey go enter market e no go return. Ukpala okpoko gburu nti chiri ya!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Agbenyiess(m): 11:51am On Mar 21, 2013
bbpreye.:

So?

You need deliverance by floging by a cele. Prophet.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Yeeyo: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2013
Vengers iz my says d lord.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by BlackPeni5: 11:54am On Mar 21, 2013
nedu666: OMO SEE FOOLISHNESS, INFACT FOOLISHNESS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, WHY SHOULD THEY CLOSE SHOP AND MOURN INSTEAD OF PACKING THEIR BAGS DOWN TO THE EAST. ABI THE MOURNING THEY HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE 1966 IS NOT ENOUGH. I SWEAR SOME IBOS ARE WORSE THAN MALU. NEXT THING U WILL SEE SOME IDIOTIC RED CAP CHIEFS PAYING SOLIDARITY VISIT TO THE GOVERNOR ON DEATH OF THEIR OWN PEOPLE. IBOS EWU, NAMA, ATULU WHEN WILL YOU IDIOTS LEARN.

Where do you expect them to go? The size of the five core Ibo states is barely half the size of Niger state, even with the high population.

God will protect them...I hope
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2013
emilyone: are there still Igbos living in kano? shocked shocked shocked

They Dominate the Sabon Gari Part of Kano..

I jux hope they dnt Avenge wat Happened !!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by jasper7(m): 11:56am On Mar 21, 2013
RIP... I have confidence in that God will satisfy you.
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 21, 2013
Kx: Stop mourning .

Pack you bags and relocate to the east.

To do what ? What has the east got to offer them ? If the east is good,they won't have ventured to that battlefield in the first instance !
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by Tayo114: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2013
I dont think igbo can go back to east, we talk about money men!!!
Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by achi4u(m): 12:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Mization: Later, some Ibo boys will come to Nairaland and call d Yorubas cowards..This post has let us all know that d real cowards are Ur Ogas @ d top.
Did I hear you say "Igbos cowards?"

My guy go drink your garri and stop deficating around.
It takes a brave mind to remain up north.

7 Likes

Re: Bomb-blast: Igbo In Kano On 3-day Mourning by EagleNest(m): 12:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
very painful. But my advice to Igbos is to start leaving the North in droves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Wike Will Support Atiku - Dino Melaye / DSS insists Yari was invited, denies Carting Away Files From ICPC, CCB / Potholes At Omole Phase 2 From Olowora Junction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.